Forums
New
Sep 21, 2020 6:49 AM

Aug 2019
If it is then every single meat-eater should be held accountable
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2020 6:53 AM
Oct 2018
People don't immediately see why something may be immoral, especially if its something done by everyone for so long.
OeufhbpiSep 21, 2020 7:34 AM
--
Sep 21, 2020 6:57 AM
Feb 2020
I like eating meat and I'm not gonna stop

If I was a tasty BLT with extra bacon, describe to me in erotic detail how you would eat me in revenge
Sep 21, 2020 7:06 AM

Mar 2020
Would you hold animals to the same standard?

Prevent animals from eating each other?

Because I can assure you deaths in the wild tend to be just as if not more cruel than what you see in that video.
Sep 21, 2020 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
Who tf watches videos like this one? Seems like only people with weird sadistic tendencies.
Anyways, you better not eat meat from animals that lived in uncomfortable conditions and experienced stress for long periods of time. Choose organic meat. Happy and healthy animal = happy and healthy you.
Sep 21, 2020 7:16 AM

Apr 2020
If it's that bad why don't the animals just work harder and earn enough to leave?
Sep 21, 2020 7:19 AM

Aug 2019
BenisMeister said:

Because I can assure you deaths in the wild tend to be just as if not more cruel than what you see in that video.
Then the most consistent position is not extending moral standards to animals but there are meat eaters who purport to be agianst animal cruelty
Sep 21, 2020 7:25 AM
Feb 2020
Katapullt said:
BenisMeister said:

Then the most consistent position is not extending moral standards to animals but there are meat eaters who purport to be agianst animal cruelty

If animals have no agency, who says they deserve the same rights as humans? Rights come with agency, that's why kids (cognitively undeveloped) don't really get any meaningful choices about life until they're teenagers.

And humans are animals.

(unless you're deeply religious and coming at this argument from a theist angle, in which case, stop pushing religion on us)
Sep 21, 2020 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
There's a lot of people in the planet, and most of them eat meat, you know? At least for now, this is the only way the industry can provide it for so many people. It's true the industry is cruel, but so is nature, that's just how it works.

Also, I'm not really sure I understand what this title means...
removed-userSep 21, 2020 7:34 AM
Sep 21, 2020 7:40 AM

Sep 2014
Hillary_Clinton_ said:
Katapullt said:

If animals have no agency, who says they deserve the same rights as humans? Rights come with agency, that's why kids (cognitively undeveloped) don't really get any meaningful choices about life until they're teenagers.

And humans are animals.

(unless you're deeply religious and coming at this argument from a theist angle, in which case, stop pushing religion on us)

It is obviously humans who decide about animal's right because livestock are obviously our property. Also comparing the cruelty of wild animal to excuse our own cruelty in our slaughterhouse is a fallacy.
Sep 21, 2020 7:49 AM

Aug 2019
ysphyr said:
Who tf watches videos like this one? Seems like only people with weird sadistic tendencies.
Anyways, you better not eat meat from animals that lived in uncomfortable conditions and experienced stress for long periods of time. Choose organic meat. Happy and healthy animal = happy and healthy you.
how will they be happy if we kill them
Sep 21, 2020 7:53 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Make allergy free alternatives and then we'll talk. I've looked on the ingredient list of many kinds of replacements but they all contain stuff I'm deadly allergic to. Meat does not.
Until there's replacements I can safely eat, I'll continue eating meat simple as that.

To add to that, most non-imported meat comes from sources with pretty decent lives (when compared to imported). Animal welfare's pretty good here, to the point there's a political party specifically dedicated to their well-being.

Then again, each country has its own laws (or lack thereof) regarding animal well-being.
Sep 21, 2020 7:55 AM

Jan 2009
lab grown foods is the future anyway either plant based or lab meat

the world is designed to be eat or be eaten or kill or be killed (literally or figuratively) some intelligent design that is lol when its prone to evil cruelty like that
Sep 21, 2020 7:56 AM

Dec 2018
Kaasfondue said:
If it's that bad why don't the animals just work harder and earn enough to leave?

Based, albeit moderately. Indeed only the incompetent demands equality. Which is why Meruem should just have continued eating humans with the 'cattle treatment' philosophy. Hell if only he didn't become a cuck towards the end, and I'd honestly work my ass off to join him.
. . .
Sep 21, 2020 8:07 AM

Aug 2019
Ranacchi said:
Make allergy free alternatives and then we'll talk. I've looked on the ingredient list of many kinds of replacements but they all contain stuff I'm deadly allergic to. Meat does not.
Until there's replacements I can safely eat, I'll continue eating meat simple as that.

To add to that, most non-imported meat comes from sources with pretty decent lives (when compared to imported). Animal welfare's pretty good here, to the point there's a political party specifically dedicated to their well-being.

Then again, each country has its own laws (or lack thereof) regarding animal well-being.
what are you allergic to?
>sources with pretty decent lives
lol they got killed in the end
Sep 21, 2020 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Katapullt said:
ysphyr said:

They were cared for during their lifetime, nobody treated them badly, tortured or beat them. If you've ever been at an organic farm - animals are quite happy, they are playful, they aren't afraid of humans. And when their time comes - I'm pretty sure they don't even realize what's happening.
I know it's delusional to call killing a living being "humane" but it's still a better way compared to industrial meat production.
Sep 21, 2020 8:17 AM

Aug 2019
ysphyr said:
Katapullt said:

They were cared for during their lifetime, nobody treated them badly, tortured or beat them. If you've ever been at an organic farm - animals are quite happy, they are playful, they aren't afraid of humans. And when their time comes - I'm pretty sure they don't even realize what's happening.
I know it's delusional to call killing a living being "humane" but it's still a better way compared to industrial meat production.
come on you know you're just rationalizing, can you justify the murder of humans by saying its okay they had a good life
Sep 21, 2020 8:18 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I suggest we slaughter all species who have the temerity to eat meat. That's seems like the most humane thing to do.
Sep 21, 2020 8:29 AM

Aug 2019
149597871 said:
I suggest we slaughter all species who have the temerity to eat meat. That's seems like the most humane thing to do.
I don't care that you eat meat, I only care if you eat meat and simultaneously get outraged at animal cruelty. It pisses me of so much
Sep 21, 2020 8:36 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Katapullt said:
149597871 said:
I don't care that you eat meat, I only care if you eat meat and simultaneously get outraged at animal cruelty. It pisses me of so much

I see.

So killing the animal that you've raised yourself for food is the same as let's say beating a random dog to death with a baseball bat for no reason?
Sep 21, 2020 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Katapullt said:
ysphyr said:

come on you know you're just rationalizing, can you justify the murder of humans by saying its okay they had a good life

Don't compare animals to humans.
Eating meat has tons of health benefits. Maybe some day we'll have an alternative that is as nutritious as animal products. But as for now - killing animals for food is justifiable. We just have to keep the process as non-violent as possible.
Sep 21, 2020 10:06 AM
Jul 2020
It depends. I personally think that animals shouldn't be tortured or go through the pain of dying slowly. If you're going to slaughter an animal, treat it nicely before swiftly killing it of.
Sep 21, 2020 10:23 AM

Aug 2019
@149597871
So killing the animal that you've raised yourself for food

for taste. not for food but for taste, you see the vast majority of the populace could get by just fine on a vegan diet but still have to frame it like meat is an absolute essentiality for their survival, just to you know make it seem like they have a convincing argument smh.
So killing the animal that you've raised yourself for food is the same as let's say beating a random dog to death with a baseball bat for no reason?

In terms of the suffering caused to the animal, yes. Scratch that, it's far far worse for animals in factory living conditions than the dog in your example. Even though you picked the logical extreme to prove your point, it doesn't work if you have no substance in your argument. There's only so far empty rhetoric can take you. You cannot be morally outraged at an animal's suffering yet condone factory raising, torturing and killing billions of animals to satisfy your taste buds.
Sep 21, 2020 8:04 PM

Mar 2019
ysphyr said:
Katapullt said:

Don't compare animals to humans.
Eating meat has tons of health benefits. Maybe some day we'll have an alternative that is as nutritious as animal products. But as for now - killing animals for food is justifiable. We just have to keep the process as non-violent as possible.

Why not compare animals to humans? What gives humans any more of a moral right to live free from torture than animals have? Why are humans even supposedly superior in the first place? Dogs have better traits than we do in pretty much every respect imaginable. Dogs are grateful, loyal, loving, affectionate, honest, and gregarious creatures. Humans, on the other hand, are capable of unspeakable evils. Many humans lie all the time, they engage in games of social manipulation with one another. Dogs don't do any of this. Cows don't do any of this either, they are content to just eat their grass, lay around, and mate.

Humans don't need meat to live, there isn't any justification for killing them. Most people just like the taste and that's it. But you know, there's soda for that.

@Katapullt

I despise the meat industry. I have been vegetarian for 16 years now and never once looked back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2020 8:41 PM
Dec 2019
in my religion animal cruelty is a very serious matter, including the way that meat is sourced and whether the methods were ethical or not. there is a precise slaughtering process that we must follow which minimises the suffering felt by the animal. as for the life of the animal, it is considered sinful to treat it in inhumane ways and raise it in inhumane conditions. where I live, there are butchers (not large mass-producing companies) that take both of these into consideration for my demographic and this is where my family has always purchased our meat from. it's forbidden to eat meat not slaughtered and therefore treated in the 'correct' way, and so animal cruelty is not something I feel accountable for because I eat ethically sourced meat only
Sep 21, 2020 8:59 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Katapullt said:
@149597871
So killing the animal that you've raised yourself for food

for taste. not for food but for taste, you see the vast majority of the populace could get by just fine on a vegan diet but still have to frame it like meat is an absolute essentiality for their survival, just to you know make it seem like they have a convincing argument smh.

In terms of the suffering caused to the animal, yes. Scratch that, it's far far worse for animals in factory living conditions than the dog in your example. Even though you picked the logical extreme to prove your point, it doesn't work if you have no substance in your argument. There's only so far empty rhetoric can take you. You cannot be morally outraged at an animal's suffering yet condone factory raising, torturing and killing billions of animals to satisfy your taste buds.

You need to chill and try using your head instead of your heart. It's easy to let emotions get the better of you. How many of us do you think support factory raising and want their food to be full of dodgy chemicals? You seem like a boy who just found one of the numerous atrocities happening around the world and got angry, but instead of addressing the specific issue that was bothering him, he decided to go on a quest against all meat-eaters. Next, you'll find a video about slaves making the shoes for most of the famous brands and will try to convince us that everyone wearing shoes is either heartless or hypocritical. Sure, we can survive without them, spoiled shoe-wearers! Next will be when you find out that even in countries like the US cosmetic products are tested on animals. In the end, the only way to avoid harming anyone will be going to live in a tent somewhere in the wild and make everything by yourself.

First of all, we don't eat meat only for the taste. At least most of us don't. Convenience is the main factor for most people since meat is considered a superfood that has many vital nutrients. It is also often a part of people's everyday lives and culture. Not to mention that in a country like mine where a single apple costs more than 100g of high-quality meat, going vegan might be nigh on impossible for the average person. Can we technically survive without it? Probably, but you can also survive without electronic devices or using transportation since that pollutes the environment and harms both animals and humans alike. Yet, you are here on the MAL forums to bless us with this thread.

Secondly, industries will always try to maximize profit as long as they can get away with it. What you are seeing is a result of that rather than the practice of eating meat itself, so there is no reason to make enemies out of the entire world. As you might have noticed, vegan radicalism often backfires on you, as the working class will perceive you as nothing more than a nuisance who tries to take away one of the few good things in their already miserable lives.
Sep 21, 2020 9:54 PM

Aug 2019
Ryuk9428 said:

I despise the meat industry. I have been vegetarian for 16 years now and never once looked back.

That's great. I respect that you care enough to make changes to your diet habits for 16 years.
Sep 21, 2020 10:42 PM

Mar 2019
149597871 said:
Katapullt said:
@149597871

You need to chill and try using your head instead of your heart. It's easy to let emotions get the better of you. How many of us do you think support factory raising and want their food to be full of dodgy chemicals? You seem like a boy who just found one of the numerous atrocities happening around the world and got angry, but instead of addressing the specific issue that was bothering him, he decided to go on a quest against all meat-eaters. Next, you'll find a video about slaves making the shoes for most of the famous brands and will try to convince us that everyone wearing shoes is either heartless or hypocritical. Sure, we can survive without them, spoiled shoe-wearers! Next will be when you find out that even in countries like the US cosmetic products are tested on animals. In the end, the only way to avoid harming anyone will be going to live in a tent somewhere in the wild and make everything by yourself.

First of all, we don't eat meat only for the taste. At least most of us don't. Convenience is the main factor for most people since meat is considered a superfood that has many vital nutrients. It is also often a part of people's everyday lives and culture. Not to mention that in a country like mine where a single apple costs more than 100g of high-quality meat, going vegan might be nigh on impossible for the average person. Can we technically survive without it? Probably, but you can also survive without electronic devices or using transportation since that pollutes the environment and harms both animals and humans alike. Yet, you are here on the MAL forums to bless us with this thread.

Secondly, industries will always try to maximize profit as long as they can get away with it. What you are seeing is a result of that rather than the practice of eating meat itself, so there is no reason to make enemies out of the entire world. As you might have noticed, vegan radicalism often backfires on you, as the working class will perceive you as nothing more than a nuisance who tries to take away one of the few good things in their already miserable lives.

Advocating for vegetarianism/veganism is using your logic and not your emotions.

The meat industry is, by far, the greatest evil existing on this planet.

Approximately 72 billion land animals and 1.2 trillion aquatic animals are killed every year to meet the human desire for meat/fish. A lot of people think going pescatarian is a good middle ground between eating meat and being vegetarian but its the complete opposite. It would be better if they just cut out fish, and kept eating all the other kinds of meat because there are 16.7x more fish being killed than land animals.

Whatever suffering you may be causing in using a computer is negligible compared to the unfathomable level of suffering perpetuated by the meat industry. All the suffering in the world is probably significantly smaller than the amount of suffering that the meat industry alone is responsible for.

But, in being vegetarian for 16 years, I have grown accustomed to the fact that there are very few people on this planet who understand morals from my perspective. I have felt for approximately 16 years the way I imagine somebody who thought slavery was immoral would've felt in the 1700s. As a kid, it was my constant crusade, but now I just feel like there's no point in telling people this because they just aren't willing to change.

I will ask people lurking or attempting to respond to this post with the following questions...

1. Why do humans deserve better treatment than animals?
2. If its because humans are intelligent, than why don't we harvest severely retarded humans with IQs that are similar to the IQs of animals for meat? Why do we continue to support placing them in institutions that will still allow them to lead fulfilling lives instead of just letting them die?
3. If it goes back to question 1, then again, why do humans fundamentally deserve to be treated better? Why do we deserve to be free from torture and death and animals don't? I'm sure that cannibalizing humans is technically "healthy" for you, so why don't you do it?
Ryuk9428Sep 21, 2020 10:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2020 10:52 PM

Apr 2020
PETA kills almost 80-90% of cats and dogs theey rescue in the name of moral killing I think that's more likely to be immoral than people killing for food.

BTW I don't know much of your Meat Industry (factory) but I have seen chicken and lambs getting beheaded in front of my eyes .
Sep 21, 2020 10:56 PM

Mar 2019
Tristar_Shinobi said:
PETA kills almost 80-90% of cats and dogs theey rescue in the name of moral killing I think that's more likely to be immoral than people killing for food.

BTW I don't know much of your Meat Industry (factory) but I have seen chicken and lambs getting beheaded in front of my eyes .

I don't support PETA because they are opposed to pet ownership. That doesn't make anybody's arguments regarding the meat industry less valid.
Sep 21, 2020 11:04 PM

Apr 2020
Ryuk9428 said:
Tristar_Shinobi said:

I don't support PETA because they are opposed to pet ownership. That doesn't make anybody's arguments regarding the meat industry less valid.

Yes but for me killing in the name of moral killing is more immoral in the name of killing for food. Now you will say that both are killing and I wont care as i am not really into meat eating . And I wont stop eating meat for some animals are cruelly killed.

How many meat threads have people made huh
Sep 21, 2020 11:19 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Ryuk9428 said:
149597871 said:

Advocating for vegetarianism/veganism is using your logic and not your emotions.

Approximately 72 billion land animals and 1.2 trillion aquatic animals are killed every year to meet the human desire for meat/fish. A lot of people think going pescatarian is a good middle ground between eating meat and being vegetarian but its the complete opposite. It would be better if they just cut out fish, and kept eating all the other kinds of meat because there are 16.7x more fish being killed than land animals.

Whatever suffering you may be causing in using a computer is negligible compared to the unfathomable level of suffering perpetuated by the meat industry. All the suffering in the world is probably significantly smaller than the amount of suffering that the meat industry alone is responsible for.

But, in being vegetarian for 16 years, I have grown accustomed to the fact that there are very few people on this planet who understand morals from my perspective. I have felt for approximately 16 years the way I imagine somebody who thought slavery was immoral would've felt in the 1700s. As a kid, it was my constant crusade, but now I just feel like there's no point in telling people this because they just aren't willing to change.

I will ask people lurking or attempting to respond to this post with the following questions...

2. If its because humans are intelligent, than why don't we harvest severely retarded humans with IQs that are similar to the IQs of animals for meat? Why do we continue to support placing them in institutions that will still allow them to lead fulfilling lives instead of just letting them die?
3. If it goes back to question 1, then again, why do humans fundamentally deserve to be treated better? Why do we deserve to be free from torture and death and animals don't? I'm sure that cannibalizing humans is technically "healthy" for you, so why don't you do it?

My first advice is don't try to pretend you are using logic when you are also using words such as "evil".

The problem is that many of us don't like the meat industry or its practices themselves, but it's better to address the specific issues bothering you rather than overgeneralizing all meat-eaters as cruel and try to punish them. Meat-eating has been a part of our lives since our dawn while factory raising is a fairly recent phenomenon.

I'll give you my answer, and people will be free to disagree, of course.

It's because we are humans, therefore it is perfectly normal to try to take care of our species before sacrificing ourselves to try to save every living organism on our planet. It's true that intelligence matters, but what matters in this case even more is being a human. That's the main reason why human rights are different from animal rights. Same reason why you want your country to take care of its citizens before letting outsiders in and trying to fix all world problems.

Also, human meat being safe for consumption and healthy isn't a proven scientific fact. We can't even prove whether red meat is healthy or not despite all the scientific advancement. Not to mention that the idea of eating another human being is disgusting, to say the least.

I believe that eating meat is natural and not something wicked, but I will show respect for the animals and will oppose cruel treatment or cruelty for no reason.

Also, pollution is a real thing and it affects the environment in more ways than you can imagine. We don't need a contest to determine which one is worse, but it shouldn't be that easily neglected.
149597871Sep 21, 2020 11:25 PM
Sep 21, 2020 11:25 PM

Mar 2019
JTR22 said:
Except that humans are animals ourselves. We can create whatever standard we want. Only humans are capable of conceptualizing morality, all of these concepts are purely human constructs.

Animal cruelty is simply the cruel treatment of defenseless creatures, like a small puppy or something. Really not the same as a cow being bred for consumption. Miss me with that vegan bullshit.

The fact is that we are at the top of the food chain and so we make the rules. And we have decided in order to be healthy creatures ourselves, some animals will be eaten and some will be pets. But neither will be treated cruelly. It's that simple.

Pet ownership is fantastic, a wonderful system that should continue. It increases the bond between humanity and animal species and it creates tremendous happiness for the pet and the owner.

The meat industry is not. Animals who are eaten absolutely are treated with unspeakable cruelty.

149597871 said:
Ryuk9428 said:

My first advice is don't try to pretend you are using logic when you are also using words such as "evil".

The problem is that many of us don't like the meat industry or its practices themselves, but it's better to address the specific issues bothering you rather than overgeneralizing all meat-eaters as cruel and try to punish them. Meat-eating has been a part of our lives since our dawn while factory raising is a fairly recent phenomenon.

I'll give you my answer, and people will be free to disagree, of course.

It's because we are humans, therefore it is perfectly normal to try to take care of our species before sacrificing ourselves to try to save every living organism on our planet. It's true that intelligence matters, but what matters in this case even more is being a human. That's the main reason why human rights are different from animal rights. Same reason why you want your country to take care of its citizens before letting outsiders in and trying to fix all world problems.

Also, human meat being safe for consumption and healthy isn't a proven scientific fact. We can't even prove whether red meat is healthy or not despite all the scientific advancement. Not to mention that the idea of eating another human being is disgusting, to say the least.

I believe that eating meat is natural and not something wicked, but I will show respect for the animals and will oppose cruel treatment or cruelty for no reason.

Also, pollution is a real thing and it affects the environment in more ways than you can imagine. We don't need a contest to determine which one is worse, but it shouldn't be that easily neglected.

I thought someone would go with the "take care of our own before others" argument. That's fair... But what we're doing is not taking care of our own before others.

Following that principal in the human world would mean prioritizing healthcare for your own citizens over the citizens of foreign countries. This is fair because they are your own.

What we do to animals is the equivalent of marching into another country, stealing all their resources, slaughtering all the men, raping all the women, and then raising their children under slave labor until we force them to reproduce before gassing them.

In the modern world, while we theoretically believe that all human life has the same moral value, if there is a tie, we break it in favor of our own. So we believe that having a high functioning healthcare system is a good thing. We can't provide that system for every human on the planet though, so we provide it only for our own people.

What I suggest, is that animal life be treated the same way. That being said, If I had to go into a building that was on fire and save a dog or a violent criminal, I would choose the dog.
Ryuk9428Sep 21, 2020 11:32 PM
Sep 22, 2020 12:16 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017

Ryuk9428 said:

What I suggest, is that animal life be treated the same way. That being said, If I had to go into a building that was on fire and save a dog or a violent criminal, I would choose the dog.

What is animal life though? Your dog? The cow living in a factory? The rats in the sewers? The spiders on your wall? The brain-eating amoebas living in the water? Ask yourself whether it is practically possible to treat all those species the same way we treat humans.

What we do to animals is the equivalent of marching into another country, stealing all their resources, slaughtering all the men, raping all the women, and then raising their children under slave labor until we force them to reproduce before gassing them.

That was a pretty common occurrence until recently. However, in modern times, making peace with another country is often more beneficial than going to war against them. On the other hand, I doubt you can say the same thing about making peace with chickens or cows.

I'd choose the criminal because I have principles, but everyone is free to decide for themselves.
149597871Sep 22, 2020 12:22 AM
Sep 22, 2020 12:28 AM

Sep 2017
I wonder what would your reaction be if you knew there's a custom in Iran to behead a sheep for wedding couple or one on a specific day(they donate the meat to poor people after that).Lmao my family beheaded a hen in front of me on my first day of school as a 7 year old child
No one has a problem with that here though
خ
Sep 22, 2020 12:52 AM

May 2013
Yeah I agree slaughterhouses are pretty cruel, then again that's just the nature of the beast.

I don't necessarily think it's unethical to eat meat. Just make sure it's being wisely consumed.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 22, 2020 1:12 AM

Apr 2018
I mean, my family usually kills our hens every year at a certain date since I can remember.
I am the one who usually holds the hens when they are butchered since I was in the first year in middle school.
We don't raise our chicken in a factory-like environment though. We just let them free at morning and then they will go back to their shed by their own at evening.
Also, our religion also teaches us to treat animal kindly and there are steps that we should follow when we butcher them.
But well, if killing an animal means I am cruel then so am I.
I mean, I also kill ants unintentionally like everyday.
Sep 22, 2020 1:33 AM

Mar 2019
149597871 said:

Ryuk9428 said:

What is animal life though? Your dog? The cow living in a factory? The rats in the sewers? The spiders on your wall? The brain-eating amoebas living in the water? Ask yourself whether it is practically possible to treat all those species the same way we treat humans.

That was a pretty common occurrence until recently. However, in modern times, making peace with another country is often more beneficial than going to war against them. On the other hand, I doubt you can say the same thing about making peace with chickens or cows.

I'd choose the criminal because I have principles, but everyone is free to decide for themselves.

Yes that is all animal life. I don't see why it isn't practical to treat them as human life. If you are talking about accidental deaths, humans die from accidental deaths as well that we all know nothing can be done about.

Yes the scenery I described was honestly standard procedure in the Ancient world (not as recent as you seem to think though). Mainly because Ancient societies did not value the lives of people outside of their own nations at all. The reason we don't behave that way anymore is not just because it is beneficial to make peace, it is because we have decided that it is wrong to treat people that way because of the nation they belong to.

And none of us want to return to the Ancient standard of morality where harsh, might makes right philosophy ruled the world. Unfortunately, however, many humans continue that philosophy in the way they treat animals simply because those animals cannot fight back.
Sep 22, 2020 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
How is propaganda thing?

If it is then every single Communist should be held accountable

https://www.deathofcommunism.com/veganism-is-communism/

Hitler and other Nazi leaders were the first to effectively apply animal rights as a State police and put a ban on cruel slaughter, industrialized farming and usage of animals in experiments, while natural farming was encouraged and balanced in order to avoid the over industrialization of society.
removed-userSep 22, 2020 1:52 AM
Sep 22, 2020 1:52 AM

Aug 2019
Korishi said:
How is propaganda thing?

If it is then every single Communist should be held accountable

https://www.deathofcommunism.com/veganism-is-communism/

Hitler and other the Nazi leaders were the first to effectively apply animal rights as a State police and put a ban on cruel Kosher slaughter, industrialized farming and usage of animals in experiments, while natural farming was encouraged and balanced in order to avoid the over industrialization of society.

Hitler was pretty based in some aspects ngl
Sep 22, 2020 1:57 AM

Mar 2016
ysphyr said:
What on earth do you mean? The more suffering the animal goes through the better. It really tenderizes the flesh. Nothing like a turkey which broke its legs due to being overfed and becoming too heavy. Suffering is an irreplaceable spice.
Sep 22, 2020 2:00 AM

Apr 2020
Vote with your wallet. If you don't like the way animals are threated by some companies don't buy products from those companies.
Instead choose to support companies that provide more humane conditions for animals.

“I define anarchist society as one where there is no legal possibility for coercive aggression against the person or property of any individual.”
― Murray N. Rothbard
Sep 22, 2020 8:03 PM
Jul 2020
sadly humans are way too selfish to care about anything other their own pleasure, even if it means other animals or humans are being tortured, slaved or killed because of it. Ofc u shouldnt stop eating meat, its ur right to eat whatever u want! Doesnt matter if ur TORTURING other living beings, cause ur life and pleasure means mora than others lives.

Sincerely, i dont care if thats a cultural thing, if it is something you love, if u think u cant stop doing. If u know how much bad ur doing to the world and to the animals by eating meat, and u keep doing it, ur a selfish and crap human being. If u know what the meat industry does and choose to ignore it so u can keep having pleasure eating bacon, u r a horrible and disgusting being. Im sad to be the same species as u. But everyone can change and choose to be better. So ill try to keep having a minimal amount of hope for humanity.
Sep 22, 2020 8:28 PM

Apr 2010
Are you against Animal cruelty or Meat eaters? What even if the objective of the thread? Anyway, I am against animals being hurt and killed for no reason. If it's for food I don't see a problem with it but I'd prefer them to treat the Animals humanely before killing them for food. I never really understood the point of these kinds of arguments though. Animals are killed in nature in worse ways than humans kill them. We at least do it quick and painless. Animals in the wild toy with them, eat them alive, hell I've seen videos of Lions eating baby cubs out of the stomach of Gisselles. Predators in the wild are capable of being much more cruel than humans are. and before you say "oh well humans have a choice not to eat meat" Well yeah sure they do, but so do other omnivores and they still choose to eat meat. You gonna hold them accountable too? If not, you just keep eating your veggie or vegan diet and keep it movin.
Sep 22, 2020 8:39 PM

Jun 2012
Not gonna lie its pretty tough to watch videos like that, I've struggled with being okay with eating meat recently. I think eating meat is okay i Just hate the conditions of those slaughterhouses. I also think most people dont know how bad conditions are in most slaughterhouses.
Sep 22, 2020 9:00 PM

Aug 2019
Zeroflamez said:
Are you against Animal cruelty or Meat eaters? What even if the objective of the thread? Anyway, I am against animals being hurt and killed for no reason. If it's for food I don't see a problem with it but I'd prefer them to treat the Animals humanely before killing them for food. I never really understood the point of these kinds of arguments though. Animals are killed in nature in worse ways than humans kill them. We at least do it quick and painless. Animals in the wild toy with them, eat them alive, hell I've seen videos of Lions eating baby cubs out of the stomach of Gisselles. Predators in the wild are capable of being much more cruel than humans are. and before you say "oh well humans have a choice not to eat meat" Well yeah sure they do, but so do other omnivores and they still choose to eat meat. You gonna hold them accountable too? If not, you just keep eating your veggie or vegan diet and keep it movin.

against meat eaters who purport to be against animal cruelty. pretty simple concept to get
Sep 22, 2020 9:16 PM

Apr 2010
Katapullt said:
Zeroflamez said:

against meat eaters who purport to be against animal cruelty. pretty simple concept to get

And people like you who are vegans or vegetarians who are condescending toward people that eat meat wonder why people get so annoyed with you guys all the time. You do realize that people can be meat eaters while also being against animal cruelty right? There's a difference between killing animals for food and killing them for sport. Either way I already know the point of this thread. For you to feel morally superior.
Sep 22, 2020 9:32 PM

Dec 2019
I just buy the meat I don't know what happened to it before it got the store. I shouldn't be held accountable cause I didn't do anything to animals. Maybe instead of complaining on the forums about how "meat eaters are terrible people and should be held responsible" for whatever is happening in the videos how about you do something. Change it since you love to complain. As cruel as the meat industry is, what the fuck are you going to do about? Are you going to feed all the people who only live off of whatever they can get there hands on like if its meat or something. Not everyone cant afford to go vegan or vegetarian honey. So stop talking about this bullshit if you aren't gonna do anything about it.
Sep 22, 2020 9:43 PM

Jun 2007
These animals only exist for the purpose of being used as food - they are a resource, not a pet, not a wild animal. They literally would not have been born or experienced life if not for us eating them. I feel no shame or guilt in giving something existence regardless of how it ends if it's entire reason it was given life was to end a certain way. I love animals, I donate what I can to the ASPCA often, I want to one day own a cow (ironically, as a pet) and I took training to be a veterinarian technician for awhile though it didn't pan out due to my mental issues making me have to stop any sort of education. But these are food resources, just like carrots and potatoes, trying to whine about slaughterhouses and a lack of humanitarian anything (killing something can't be very humanitarian no matter how you do it, really), just doesn't really fucking apply.

These are not animals, they're livestock. Livestock is a word for a reason - which is specifically TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN ANIMALS and ASSETS. Cows, pigs, chickens; these are ASSETS not ANIMALS.
TallonKarrde23Sep 22, 2020 9:46 PM
Sep 22, 2020 11:20 PM

Mar 2019
Ari4 said:
Not everyone cant afford to go vegan or vegetarian honey. So stop talking about this bullshit if you aren't gonna do anything about it.

That is absolute horseshit and one of the stupidest arguments I've unfortunately heard quite often from people. Meat is fucking expensive as hell, if anything, going vegetarian is a cost saving lifestyle.

If the OP is vegetarian then he did do something about it, and he is rightfully frustrated over the fact that so few other people are willing to do something about it. You keep telling us to change things ourselves, that's exactly what we're doing here because the only thing we can do is convince people not to eat meat.

TallonKarrde23 said:
These animals only exist for the purpose of being used as food - they are a resource, not a pet, not a wild animal. They literally would not have been born or experienced life if not for us eating them. I feel no shame or guilt in giving something existence regardless of how it ends if it's entire reason it was given life was to end a certain way. I love animals, I donate what I can to the ASPCA often, I want to one day own a cow (ironically, as a pet) and I took training to be a veterinarian technician for awhile though it didn't pan out due to my mental issues making me have to stop any sort of education. But these are food resources, just like carrots and potatoes, trying to whine about slaughterhouses and a lack of humanitarian anything (killing something can't be very humanitarian no matter how you do it, really), just doesn't really fucking apply.

These are not animals, they're livestock. Livestock is a word for a reason - which is specifically TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN ANIMALS and ASSETS. Cows, pigs, chickens; these are ASSETS not ANIMALS.

Unbelievable levels of callousness. "They exist to die for my benefit." You know, sometimes I start wondering if my morals and the way I see the world really is fucked up and everybody else is right. Then I come across threads like these where 90% of posters clearly do not see the value of animal life whatsoever and I realize there's nothing wrong with me, there's something wrong with everybody else. I went vegetarian when I was 6 years old because I was viscerally disgusted to learn of what we were doing. I felt like a fucking cannibal, and yet somehow, nobody else had that reaction to learning the truth that I did.

What is wrong with this species?
Ryuk9428Sep 22, 2020 11:27 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 4 hours ago

7 by ProGoddess »»
27 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
40 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 10 hours ago

5 by Zettaiken »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

49 by Meusnier »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.