Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2020 1:02 AM

Oct 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a really good episode, alola gang reunion was definitely worth it
which brings back a lot good memories of sun and moon series and Burnet and Kukui baby is born too which definitely confirm that Ash has aged since it will not make any sense if he hasn't and hope we see other old companions too in future since this one was good despite being only 22 minutes episode and I get it that they're trying to focus too much on Goh but it's not like this will be the last time we will see Alola so don't have too much high expectations and let them build first since the journey isn't over yet.
Ri22rkSep 13, 2020 4:57 AM
Sep 13, 2020 6:01 AM

Feb 2018
Aww I'm so happy to see them back this was a great episode!!
Sep 13, 2020 1:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So great to see them again, Alola region is great, I expect more regions for the next episodes
Sep 13, 2020 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
Freaking loved this episode, seeing again all the friends Ash made on the Alola region was so wholesome, I awww'd hard in special when I saw Kukui and Burnet's son, what a great family.
Sep 13, 2020 4:42 PM
Nov 2017
Good episode, and it is nice to see the Alolan gang.

I wish Lillie was there too, but it was nice seeing her and Gladio in that one scene.
Sep 13, 2020 6:41 PM

Apr 2014
ep was amazing but sad it was only 1 ep worth..... but with that i want to see other people that satoshi has met to show up now would be really awesome it it happens sooner or later
"one step at a time"
Sep 13, 2020 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
sad that the Alola crew are just the CotDs but happy to see them back. love that Ash’s goofy happy-go-lucky Alola design (tho it could mean that he “aged”, pfft, since then) remained unchanged in the group photo. love the Bewear and the Team Rocket pokemon cameo and how they are still hanging with each other

if Alola gen lasted a little longer, a non-world catastrophe movie or a one hour special of Lillie and Gladion’s journey to find their pop woulda been great. they check all the boxes for one with Magaerna as a focal point
Sep 13, 2020 7:06 PM

Feb 2012
Im pretty sure that Lillie scene is a foreshadow to a galar episode. Burnet & kukui Son had the pikachu shirt, that scene was great. Wish he'd take rotom with him , I miss that talking pokemon character
Sep 13, 2020 8:03 PM

Aug 2013
I really loved this episode, the return of the Alola group, cameos of the Pokémon from TR, and the son of Kukui and Burnet made me regain my faith in humanity :'). I'm very happy that the plot of the search for Lillie's father is still open, it gives me hope to see it concluded in the future. Next week, Fossils Pokémon :D...
Sep 14, 2020 2:29 AM

Jul 2014
I liked it but I'm still a bit disappointed... They should have made two episodes considering how many characters there is in Alola. We barely saw Satoshi interact with them since the second half was all about Gou proving himself to Kaki.
Sep 14, 2020 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
im happy to see they're showing off the evolution stones more. i feel like they were forgotten about lol.

this series is really a treat for long time fans. revisiting all of the old regions and seeing old trainers is so fun
Sep 14, 2020 9:45 AM

Oct 2017
Visit to Alola, it was nice to see everyone from Alola again.
Sep 14, 2020 10:31 PM

Jan 2016
Wow though Sun and Moon finished last year, it felt so nostalgic to see the region again xD It was a bit fast for one episode imo but I really enjoyed it! :D

Hopefully this format happens with other companions too :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 20, 2020 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
This was surprisingly short. I expected 2 episodes for Alola since I assumed it's a big deal but they went back to Kanto in the same episode lol. Still this was a nice episode though. It's great to see the SM cast again.

Gou was also very cute in this episode. I love how accurately they portrayed what being left alone without your friend feels like lol. He was so awkward the whole episode.

I cracked up at Ember being used against a Z-move like Infernal Overdrive T_T

Also love how he declared he's not Ash's rival. Really giving me Ash/Dawn vibes here.
Dec 9, 2020 9:02 PM
Jun 2020
That was really fun 😄
Jun 15, 2021 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
So nice to see Ashs reunion with his Alola family. With Kukuis and Burnets baby he also got a little brother now. I thought this would have been at least for 2 episodes or more but maybe later on we'll get back to Alola and maybe till then we also see Lillie again.

Nontheless great episode :)

Oct 14, 2021 5:41 PM

Dec 2007
felt like they made this episode like confirming this isn't a reboot xD

anyway, though i had fun watching this, it felt dragged at some point, like they didn't know what to do after ash met all his alola's friends, and kiawe checking if he's worthy of ash was too corny and childish to the character they are so trying to introduce in kiawe, what actually made me laugh because kiawe went back to his personality from the beginning of SM season, but after that made too much cliche moments.
and from some reason for kiawe using the z-move felt to me like they just wanted to do this again, kiawe could have won without it, it felt that the writers have meddling with the story too much.

from some reason i loved that ash's SM pokemon hugged him and go, kinda feeling all ash's pokemon turned dragonite like in this series xDD

didn't liked so much how they concentrated more on goh than ash reunion, though i loved how nulla caught goh, i find this episode hit or miss with the reunion.

the most thing that i excepted happening though, is to team rocket to come back to alola and meet beware there, that would make funny scenarios xD

and the whole lillie and her father thing felt to me like the writers just didn't know how to make their story exciting so they just keeping it away, or want to forget that ever happened.
like they did with the GS ball LOL
Nov 21, 2021 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
Okay, how the hell 9 months definitely have passed and Ash still hasn't aged??

They can't keep getting away with this LOL
Jan 25, 2022 3:35 AM

Aug 2017
great to see alola again and even great to see the newborn son of kukui, sad that lily is still in search for her father hope they find him soon and we get to see it.

so is ash still 10 years old? when will they make him older lol
May 13, 2023 6:31 AM
Apr 2022
This was a really good episode, Alola team reunion. Great memories of sun and moon series, also Lillie on a journey like Ash, but hers is about finding her dad with her mother and brother there with her. Seeing Burnet and Kukui baby was a surprised, did not think I was going to see that at all was really happy with this ep. GG 
Jan 28, 7:36 PM

Feb 2020
It's cool to see them revisiting the Alola region, Satoshi changed his look twice going there and still has the Peter Pan syndrome, because even Professor Burnet's son was born and grew up, Satoshi remains the same.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.