Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 6, 2020 6:40 AM

Oct 2012
I am a vegetarian alright, but lately I've been thinking. Is veganism actually the right way? Are the animals really supposed to be tortured to death just for a hamburger?
I was inspired by this video:

Seriously, it's easy. Be vegan. Win Win situation. Change as a person. Vegan pizza, vegan nuts, vegan fruits, vegan curry, vegan anything! Vegan cheese too!
Who is the hypocrite: A murderer, or Jeffrey Dahmer?
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2020 6:46 AM

Apr 2020
I really don't care is am literally vegetarian for 5 days a week and only get to eat chicken on sundays and festivals .But I really don't want to leave my dairy products.
Tristar_ShinobiSep 6, 2020 7:57 PM
Sep 6, 2020 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
I don't want to give up on diary products and hardcore vegans annoy me so much, but people still should reduce their consume of meat and diary products. It's a catastrophe for the climate.
Sep 6, 2020 7:12 AM
Jun 2020
You remind me of that guy who went (and still goes, I suppose) out of his way to arguing kids who knew nothing about the subject with the sole purpose of advertising himself. Do you know what I like about this? He got raped by Penguinz0. Good shit.
Sep 6, 2020 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
I don't eat meat much anymore but when I do it has to be a good cut.
so I don't do fast foods. heard animals are for food but not to be abused for such huge markets
Sep 6, 2020 7:24 AM

Dec 2016
Could that guy in the video be any more low energy?

Sep 6, 2020 7:47 AM

May 2020
It is true that reducing meat in your diet does make one healthier, but that doesn’t mean you’ll change a fundamental way of life for billions of people across the world.

To me, this is like fighting a war you’ll never win. Especially if you treat meat eaters like monsters.
Sep 6, 2020 7:50 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Hopefully not. This unhealthy trend should be abolished.

The reason why I'm such an asshole is that I don't believe vegans are capable of respecting other people's freedom of choice.
Sep 6, 2020 8:19 AM
Aug 2018
I don’t really have much compassion for animals so I don’t really care about the life of the burger that’s in front of me, and I don’t care how hard the cow’s teats were squeezed to produce a nice cold glass of milk. If veganism is the future, then it’s a bleak future for me.

Sep 6, 2020 8:22 AM

Apr 2020
As long as science can create a worthy substitute for meat in nutritional value and taste, I guess I don't see the harm in veganism being the future. They already started experimenting with that kind of stuff, but it is still a very long way to go till that becomes the norm.
it's over | we're so back | don't take this too seriously

Sep 6, 2020 8:34 AM
Oct 2018
yea I think in about 200-300 years eating animals will be seen as a barbaric and absurd tradition
OeufhbpiSep 6, 2020 10:57 AM
--
Sep 6, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2020
theres just no way asia or africa will ever give up meat.

Sep 6, 2020 9:16 AM

May 2013
See I am really excited for lab made meat in the future.

If I can eat meat without killing something you bet I will enjoy those nuggies 20x more. So I don't think veganism is the future per say but I do believe cruelty free meat is.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Sep 6, 2020 9:35 AM

Aug 2020
Vegans stop telling me to stop eating meat i never told you to stop being vegan.
I would love to see a vegan go to an indigenous tribe and try and tell them to not eat meat/fish. They would die of malnutrition and probably kill the vegan lol

Soverign said:
Could that guy in the video be any more low energy?

At first I thought this was a parody I can believe he unironically said that lol.
Why do they always look the same?

“There is great satisfaction in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it’s joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it.”
– Reinhard Von Lohengramm
Sep 6, 2020 11:04 AM

Sep 2017
Why tf should I want to become a vegetarian/vegan? Meat is delicious yum yum
No seriously, can people drop this "modernism" act? It's really cringe
خ
Sep 6, 2020 11:11 AM

Sep 2017
SargonTheGreat said:
Fatephile said:
Why tf should I want to become a vegetarian/vegan? Meat is delicious yum yum
No seriously, can people drop this "modernism" act? It's really cringe
I agree also the human brain requires shit tons of calories compared to animals who only eat grass, theres a reason why humans are the smartest.

From the creation we've always been feeding on meat, I seriously can't see the point of changing the natural need and behavior after millions of years.Sounds like devolving to me
If killing animals for food is cruel so wolfs are terrorists and should be genocided
خ
Sep 6, 2020 11:12 AM

Oct 2017
It's more probable that this whole veganism stuff dies before it becomes the norm lol.

Neither will happen tho.

Sep 6, 2020 11:29 AM

Mar 2018
SargonTheGreat said:
first we should fix the immoral shit decaying our society and creating bums.
Gotta import millions of them immigrants first to show just how nice of human beings we are. I mean who really cares about homeless folk starving on the streets when we can make it even worse for them?

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 6, 2020 11:42 AM
Feb 2017
Aren’t, like, animals living longer life spans because we treat them well for their meat? They aren’t humans, and their mind isn’t as complex. Vegans treat it like we torture them lol.
Sep 6, 2020 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Veganism is probably 100s of years in the future, it's something that just started to pick up steam, so I don't imagine that it would be a thing anytime in my lifetime. I do root for it as a movement, but being real here veganism has a long ways to go.
As of right now, having at least 1 real vegan item out of any restaurant is a blessing, as is finding any type of vegan sweet like ice cream or donuts.
removed-userSep 6, 2020 11:56 AM
Sep 6, 2020 11:57 AM

Feb 2018
Everyone becoming vegan and changing the agriculture to that of a vegan diet will require more deforestation than what we have currently in terms of crop yield. As well, it's ridiculous to put everyone who eats meat as someone who tortures animals, because boy is that a fallacy. Not to mention, vit B12 is very hard to get unless you have the money to spend on synthetic foods/supplements.

Generally speaking, local food is the way to go.
- Less pollution/more aware environmentally (big corporations aren't as well scrutinized because they hold a monopoly on crop yield, this does apply to places outside of animal farms as well),
- less chance of slavery (slaughterhouses and agricultural workers get payed pebbles due to the lack of proper monitoring and corporatism having iron fist on their home-land to create the highest quantity of food, ie.coffee beans and potatoes)
-less cramped space for animals to feed as large of a populace as possible, thus less stress and increased animal QOL (quality of life)
- less need to pump agriculture with drugs that make the quantity bigger (not talking about antibiotics though, just things related to growth/fat)
-overall better quality food from reduced pollution, people not overworked/losing homes, less animal stress (meat's tastier, not as tough) and drug-meddling kept to a minimum

People who say to you to change your diet with a vegan pizza haven't lived in areas where such a thing isn't possible and vegetables are already expensive. I've been to northern Manitoba, where there's more reliance on hunting and fishing, especially for the First Nations populace (who are a prominent populace there b/c of the territories up north). They don't have much of a job that earns them enough money to just buy food. The altitude is too low and the crops are often too damp to grow anything, not to mention desert tundras making the overall prices of foods so much more expensive.

(for Americans, the conversion rate is 1 USD= 1.31 CAD)
Please be aware people can't afford it depending on where they live. Some places it is easier than others to have a vegetarian/vegan diet. But it is selfish to think such a thing is possible for everyone.
Sep 6, 2020 11:59 AM

Feb 2020
It's more probable we'll be depending on eating insects in the future.

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Sep 6, 2020 1:50 PM

Mar 2008
That depends how you define vegan. Either eating insects or bioenginered meat and milk may be the future and this will be mainly for pragmatic not moral reasons. Also as I've discussed in many threads about vegetarianism and veganism many have flawed logic where when they think of meat they forget about seafood like mussels, oysters, and clams which don't even have a central nervous system making them not much different from the plants they consume. They also sometimes forget about environmental impact but I don't know what numbers on that would be. They also forget how agriculture also effects animals either destroying their habitat or killing small mammals from the machinery and some don't even bother using organic which in many cases means contributing to pesticide use which kills off the bee populations among other things. So it's misguided to think veganism is without harm to animals. Also vegans sometimes overly generalize animal byproducts harm. Honey is made by bees but it doesn't harm them to harvest honey they actually make a surplus of honey. Shaving will from sheep doesn't hurt them though I should mention alpaca wool is more environmentally friendly. Even meat and leather aren't inherently required to involve killing since you can use the meat and hyde of an animal that died naturally or through accident. Also freegans have the right idea of not letting food go to waste. Why not eat an animal product or byproduct if it's headed for the trash? You didn't buy it.
Sep 6, 2020 2:28 PM

Nov 2016
"Change as a person"

You see this right here is what I intended to use as proof of the condescending way you guys generally approached this subject until I realized you went even further beyond by adding that 17 times murderer's name to your argumentation. So now I'm just gonna see myself out of here.
Sep 6, 2020 2:30 PM

Dec 2014
I'd rather start WW3 than be vegan tbh. I mean in the end were all gonna be dead inside if we start eating grass to have a sustainable future.
Sep 6, 2020 2:35 PM

Jan 2009
lab grown foods is the future anyway like those plant based meats im just waiting for them to become cheaper or at least as cheap as the real thing
Sep 6, 2020 2:40 PM

May 2014
Soylent green is the future my friends.
I've been here way too long...
Sep 6, 2020 5:06 PM

Jul 2015
a trend where people eat more plant-based food similar to how asian do, yes
average americans eat approximately 3 times more meat than the average japanese, about 4 times more than the average thai, and 9 times more than the average indonesian. (per year)

removing meat consumption entirely, lol no.
SlawadiaSep 6, 2020 6:07 PM
Sep 6, 2020 5:22 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Ideally: yes.
Eating just plants and working from home while never going far from your house (and if you do going by bicycle or walking) is what would be best for the planet. In addition, importing would have to end as well.

However, due to the nature of people and historic records of inaccessibility I cannot see that happening in regions where it forms an obstacle. I cannot go into too much detail but generally when something happens involuntarily, there will always be some parties getting the people what they want. Whether it be ivory or meat.
Sep 6, 2020 5:25 PM

Feb 2020
Depends if cultured meats is considered vegan.
Sep 6, 2020 5:27 PM

Sep 2017
Amffy said:
SargonTheGreat said:
Yeah cows are WAY dumber than even the dumbest humans by every metric which is why the human brain needs more calories. Those are your morals and those morals are a spook they aren't real and they are basically just a social construct so why should others be forced to follow the delusion inside your head? Im just curious if you believe in god or not?

Still don't get this calorie argument.
Most people have some sort of basic moral code, and most people would agree causing unnecessary suffering to another living being would be immoral, nothing delusional about that. And no I don't believe in God, you don't need to be religious to have morals. In fact they are the delusional ones, they often believe such nonsense like "God put animals here for humans to eat"

Oh, a materialist.So if you don't believe in god you shouldn't believe in hell or heaven.
When you don't believe in them, you shouldn't believe in soul or after life either
So, killing animals is just turning to what they were in the first place, a mass of atoms
And it's so wrong to say morals can be achieved without faith or anything.As a user(I don't remember the name) once said: By materialist ideas, stabbing someone shouldn't be a problem because you're just moving some atoms
ProfessionalNEET said:
Amffy said:

As vegans we also get the "morality is subjective" argument a million times. So what's stopping someone from using the "morality is subjective" argument for other horrible things, like rape or murder? People only say this because there is no moral justification for killing animals for food when it is unnessecary

With rape and murder, you can also appeal to people's self-interest by saying that they may get arrested or lose friends and family from doing such things. I'm just suggesting that arguments appealing to self interest (which exist for veganism) will likely win you more converts, or at least make people take you more seriously. I'm not trying to argue against veganism.

Not necessarily true.You're suggesting that the person itself doesn't care the slightest about the victim? If this was the argument then murdering/raping without anyone finding out would've been okay because no one finds out about it to shame you
خ
Sep 6, 2020 5:27 PM

Apr 2020
Vegan food is yum unless they're trying to replicate meat. That fake stuff is nasty... just eat vegetables that look like vegetables. This burger place i used to frequent had this delicious vegan burger with a patty that was essentially just like... diced vegetables with sweet potato as a bonding agent and fried. Now they've switched to a "can't believe its not beef!" patty and it sucks.
Sep 6, 2020 5:38 PM

Sep 2017
Amffy said:
Fatephile said:

Oh, a materialist.So if you don't believe in god you shouldn't believe in hell or heaven.
When you don't believe in them, you shouldn't believe in soul or after life either
So, killing animals is just turning to what they were in the first place, a mass of atoms
And it's so wrong to say morals can be achieved without faith or anything.As a user(I don't remember the name) once said: By materialist ideas, stabbing someone shouldn't be a problem because you're just moving some atoms

It's this thing I have called empathy, you should try it sometime.

Tell this to wolves/lions as they tear apart a deer for dinner.I'm sure they'll listen to you
خ
Sep 6, 2020 5:46 PM

Sep 2017
Amffy said:
SargonTheGreat said:
Ahahaha falling back onto the ol "muh empathy" arent we lmao. Like @Fatephile said everything is atoms and nothing matters so whats wrong with killing animals?

So do you have any pets? Would you like it if someone killed them?

Fatephile said:

Tell this to wolves/lions as they tear apart a deer for dinner.I'm sure they'll listen to you

As I said before appealing to nature is a logical fallacy

>People should abandon god and religion.Morals are in the "nature" of human aka materialism
>Appealing to nature is a logical fallacy
You're literally contradicting yourself
خ
Sep 6, 2020 5:55 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Of course it's the future, you get to eat cereals before they're given to animals raised and given water too, and the water can go to other humans. It's just optimal distribution of natural resources.

Sep 6, 2020 5:59 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
SargonTheGreat said:
Lolsebca said:
Of course it's the future, you get to eat cereals before they're given to animals raised and given water too, and the water can go to other humans. It's just optimal distribution of natural resources.
Nah its better to leave distribution up to the market and let the market fulfill consumer demands.

Nah, it's better for humans to have water and cereals rather than use animals who then pollute, like ruminants that produce methane.
Or even fishing: Fishing is emptying the food of big predators of the ocean, and reducing hydroplanktons, and thus fucking up the whole cycle of oceans.

Sep 6, 2020 6:31 PM

Oct 2019
if the vegan stuff was the cheapest stuff I think it would probably become main stream in a few generations, kids would grow up with it and so would prefer it. My dad still only chooses jif for peanut butter and refuses to eat any other peanut butter because it's what he grew up with.
Hi :)
Sep 6, 2020 6:49 PM

Aug 2009
Becoming pussies who only eat plants is not the future. Just because some pussy dickless vegan in a video says it will doesn't make it so.
Sep 6, 2020 7:41 PM

Aug 2018
Lmao that video has to be a joke right? Like is it even possible to be that dumb? Hes all like "yOu nEeD tO cHaNgE As a PErsOn" and well I think he needs to change as a person and start being normal and eat meat, stop being so childish its annoying. grow up vegans

Sep 6, 2020 7:45 PM

Aug 2018
IKR he looks like he hasn't gone thru puberty yet, is that how we should all end up? looking prepubescent even though the guys like 50 not to mention the low energy hmmmm there might be something wrong with his diet here.

Yeah this guy literally has no testosterone at all, probably cuz he doesnt eat any meat

Sep 6, 2020 7:59 PM

Jun 2020
I do agree with the fact that we need to reduce our (overall) meat consumption, but after seeing vegans go after indigenous people on twitter, it became pretty apparent that veganism as an ideology fails to see anything other than from a strictly bourgeois standpoint.

my anime/manga list

Sep 6, 2020 8:26 PM

Sep 2018
I need protein so I will continue to eat meat
Official account of the Eastern Roman Empire
Sep 6, 2020 9:23 PM

Mar 2019
Ironically, I was reading this post while eating chicken and rice, lol.
Sep 6, 2020 9:32 PM

May 2020
I was vegan for about 2 years. For me it's all about sustainability, after lots of research i decided to add chicken, eggs, and fish back into my diet. Instead of keeping an "average pet" like a dog or cat it makes more sense to keep chickens. They can be quite friendly and produce food for you, and if the circumstances arise you can eat the chicken itself. I also believe aquaponics (a form of hydroponics that utilizes farm fish tanks to both produce fish and veg) is a practice that needs to be integrated into agriculture.

In the world today we need to worry more about sustainable production, it's not all about animal cruelty.
Sep 6, 2020 9:38 PM

Sep 2017
I mean I usually just eat bread and flour-based products usually with curry and sometimes homemade sweet cream or jam so the only animal foods I consume are fish and chicken when I'm dieting.
Sep 6, 2020 11:01 PM
Feb 2016
I sure hope so but I am pretty pessimistic. Been looking into it for a long while and there are literally no arguments against it. There is literally no reason to eat animal products (well at least if you are a first worlder, first wolders have no excuses), in fact it is objectively destructive. Was able to ditch the animal products ezpz. Grocery bill comes out a bit cheaper too. It is best for health, environment, and the animals of course the only thing veganism is up against are the ingrained habits of billions of people and the money of Big Food. People that are against veganism because they see it infringing on their "lifestyle" are also dumb. It is a political movement of course they will be loud advocates and fight what they are against.

Sep 6, 2020 11:14 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I genuinely don't know if this is bait or not, but I'll give you my genuine answer.

Some people just can't or won't be vegan. Some people require meat. I know of people who have tried a vegan diet and couldn't handle it so bad that they needed immediately hospital care. Of course, they're better now, but they just can't handle it, or at least need to work to such a diet. Personally, I have a majorly vegetarian diet, just out of the fact that I just don't like meat. It just tastes absolutely revolting to me most of the time, unless it's say, breadcrumb chicken. I basically have udon and white rice every day as my diet, with a good amount of variety.

Do I think vegetarianism or veganism is the future? Yes, I firmly believe that with time, the diet will be more normalized.

Also, if you're guilt tripping/emotionally manipulating people into said diets. Go fuck yourself.
ChartTopper60Sep 6, 2020 11:17 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2020 1:15 AM

Jun 2020
Ah shit, here we go again

I said keep your hands on the table
Sep 7, 2020 2:27 AM
Jul 2018
Salty-GB said:
Vegan food is yum unless they're trying to replicate meat. That fake stuff is nasty... just eat vegetables that look like vegetables. This burger place i used to frequent had this delicious vegan burger with a patty that was essentially just like... diced vegetables with sweet potato as a bonding agent and fried. Now they've switched to a "can't believe its not beef!" patty and it sucks.

I don't understand this either. A lot of my daily food is vegan, except I need eggs, diary products or cheese, without replacing meat. But a lot I cook is still mostly vegan, because I eat a lot of vegetables for a meal and I eat meat or fish just once or twice a month in a restaurant. The meals I cook rarely require meat in first place, so I don't need to replace it.
For my daily meals it's akso too expensive and the cheap meat not only tastes boring and watery, because the animals never could ran around and train their muscles, it's also produced in very questionable ways, from the hygiene to the overuse of antibiotics to the ethics of such low prices.

But I also don't like to replace milk with rice milk or the like. I like to drink rice milk as a drink itself, but I just don't like it in my muesli or to bake with it etc.

Boxxo said:
I sure hope so but I am pretty pessimistic. Been looking into it for a long while and there are literally no arguments against it. There is literally no reason to eat animal products (well at least if you are a first worlder, first wolders have no excuses), in fact it is objectively destructive. Was able to ditch the animal products ezpz. Grocery bill comes out a bit cheaper too. It is best for health, environment, and the animals of course the only thing veganism is up against are the ingrained habits of billions of people and the money of Big Food. People that are against veganism because they see it infringing on their "lifestyle" are also dumb. It is a political movement of course they will be loud advocates and fight what they are against.

It's almost like these people don't want others to try vegan food lol they are their own worst enemy.

It's basic psychology that most people won't be open for something new, if you annoy them to no end and accuse them of being murderers.

Some years ago we had a group of delusional vegans comparing concentration camps and murdered jews with chicks that are gased. I hate these people xx
removed-userSep 7, 2020 3:38 AM
Sep 7, 2020 2:40 AM

Aug 2015
When I stopped caring about morality I freed myself from such unimportant matter. I eat what pleases me, and it happens that meat particularly fits my tastes.
xxxxx777Sep 7, 2020 2:48 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 3 hours ago

6 by Zettaiken »»
5 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
12 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 9 hours ago

5 by Zettaiken »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

49 by Meusnier »»
19 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

27 by cyandaqil »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.