Sep 8, 2020 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
I understand the need to cut down on the meat, but its actually really hard
Sep 8, 2020 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
Desiy said:
Chiibi said:

Disgusting.

I'd rather hold a gun to my head. Nothing grosses me out more than BUGS around FOOD.

Why not? maybe they are tasty it's best to be open minded.
Plus they are eco-friendly there is no need to worry about climate change.

yeah, but bugs dont provide a lot of density
Sep 8, 2020 1:47 PM

Sep 2014
classicduck said:
Desiy said:

Plus they are eco-friendly there is no need to worry about climate change.

yeah, but bugs dont provide a lot of density

That's still what humans are supposed to eat tho.
Sep 8, 2020 3:08 PM

Sep 2014
SargonTheGreat said:
Hrybami said:

That's still what humans are supposed to eat tho.
nah unless someones starving why would they eat a gross bug?

It's not about would, but rather about should. Humans aren't supposed to eat meat in the first place.
Sep 8, 2020 3:19 PM

Sep 2014
SargonTheGreat said:
Hrybami said:

It's not about would, but rather about should. Humans aren't supposed to eat meat in the first place.
Humans definitely aren't supposed to eat bugs and why shouldn't humans eat meat? dont say morals because thats just a spook, if someone can afford it why shouldn't they be allowed to eat meat speaking from a completely materialistic view there is nothing wrong with killing an animal and eating it.

What are you talking about? I'm talking biologically, not morally. Humans don't have the morphology of carnivorous. The teeth we have and the digestive enzyma we have aren't suited for a meat diet. That's why we must cook our meat before eating it and we would develop deficiency if we were to only eat animal based product. Vegetable and fruits are necessary to our diet as opposed to meat which is simply a luxuxy. Bugs are the appropriate meal for human with the specific morphology and metabolism we have.
Sep 8, 2020 3:21 PM

Apr 2020
Chads rule the world and chads aren't going to be satisfied with a meatless world. You really want WW3, vegancels?
Sep 8, 2020 3:29 PM

Sep 2014
SargonTheGreat said:
Hrybami said:

What are you talking about? I'm talking biologically, not morally. Humans don't have the morphology of carnivorous. The teeth we have and the digestive enzyma we have aren't suited for a meat diet. That's why we must cook our meat before eating it and we would develop deficiency if we were to only eat animal based product. Vegetable and fruits are necessary to our diet as opposed to meat which is simply a luxuxy. Bugs are the appropriate meal for human with the specific morphology and metabolism we have.
We dont have to act on biology soley though, things like meth and heroin arent supposed to be in our bodies but people still do meth and heroin and they should be allowed to do it. Meat is a luxury but people should be allowed to partake in said luxury if they can afford it.

Are you seriously pulling this false analogy here? And I never said I was against eating meat. Get off your high horse.
Sep 8, 2020 6:06 PM
Jul 2020
im also vegetarian and trying to transition to veganism. I really think this is the future. Not only because of animal rights, because the human being is a really shitty being that only cares about itself (not always but a LOT of the time), but because it will get even more unsustainable for the planet, and it will actually start affecting us more extremely. When it strates bothering us, THEN ppl will start rethinking about our habits. I just hope thats doesmt take long for ppl to understand the problem we r creating just for our own pleasure
Sep 8, 2020 7:13 PM

Aug 2017
i am okay with vegan , as long as they stay on their spot and stop trash talking people who eat meat
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2020 8:46 PM

Feb 2015
Although becoming a vegan/vegetarian is good against the mass meat factories and everything, I think the best for the world to be in "good shape" is to have things be balanced
Sep 9, 2020 1:22 AM
Aug 2013
Let me explain something...cows and all agriculture livestock animals only exist because humans have bred them only for agriculture those animals are not found in the wild and most likely could not survive in the wild as they have lost their survival instincts and been bread for centuries by humans into what they are. With maybe the exception of pigs most animals would not survive well in the wild, however pigs eat literally anything but the farmed pigs are nothing like wild pigs at all. It may seem cruel to eat animals but it's much more cruel for the animal to die a natural death in the wild when an animal gets to old age it can no longer walk or eat and the animal basically starves to death and because a meal to predators where it gets eaten alive or whatever remains by scavenging animals either way it would still get eaten. It's a waste to let an animal die and just dispose of the body without making any good use of it plus the animals suffer way more during natural deaths. The slaughter and hunting process is very humane to the animals and very quick death, it's less suffering and better for the animals than a natural death. All animals will die and all wild animals will get eaten by other animals either way, so why does it matter if a human hunts animals or eats farmed meat? some people will say animal farms torture animals and cause suffering to animals and that's true for some farms but not all of them there is not ethical standards farms have to follow in most countries to reduce suffering of animals and these standards were because of animal rights activists which helped make the living standards better for the animals. Most farmers treat their animals well, their animals are free range and live a good life with no suffering. Plus some wild animals are also pests so by culling them you save the environment. Now if we look at nutrition side of omnivore vs vegan we know without supplementation a vegan diet is not healthy it can only be healthy when supplements are introduced by unfortunately you can't supplement every single thing in a vegan diet as some nutrients only come from animals like EPA, DHA & heme iron, etc.. but yes you can be vegan and be healthy just like you can be omnivore and not be cruel to animals and be healthy too. In the end of the day it comes down to what you'd like to eat and as a chef I like to use as many different ingredients as I can because variety is key and I can more variety is I use both plant and animals and well me personally I do better on omnivorous diet because some issues I have with plant foods and my digestive disorders I need a lower fiber diet with less plant based acids and more healthy animal fats/oils plus dairy is essential in my diet because of acid reflux and dairy helps coat my stomach protecting the lining of my stomach from acid damage as well as helps to neutralize the acids. I've done a lot of research on this and also know agriculture doesn't contribute much to the carbon emissions either in fact it can be a carbon sequester if done correctly and reverse carbon levels. The fact of the matter is we need agriculture to grow these plants you eat, animal manures are the main reasons people can grow vegetables and fruits they help put nutrients back into the soils which get depleted after every crop harvest and also fungi grows into animal manures and fungi is very very important to the soil to not only prevent erosion but help decompose organic matter and return nutrients back to the plants. Nature is all symbiotic relationships and that's why I choose to be an omnivore and well plus humans are biologically omnivores so I'd want to eat omnivorous diet.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Sep 9, 2020 5:26 AM

Jun 2020
Sorry but i'll stay with my meat. It's not that i don't care about the animals, that's simply how nature works, animals eat each other all the time and in very brutal ways. Thinking too much about morals just isn't my style...
Maybe becoming a vegan will make me more healthy and i will live longer, but i will be very unhappy, since i hate this kinda stuff. And i never wanted to live that long anyway
Sep 9, 2020 7:12 AM

Jan 2008
Hrybami said:

That's the dumbest thing on this forum. Yes, we are. That's why we have the big brain. Oh? Because we need to cook it? So we figured out how to eat something, and get a lot of nutrients from it. Good for us. If we literally couldn't eat meat, we wouldn't be able to process it, cooked or not.
Sep 9, 2020 7:44 AM

Sep 2014
DmonHiro said:
Hrybami said:

That's the dumbest thing on this forum. Yes, we are. That's why we have the big brain. Oh? Because we need to cook it? So we figured out how to eat something, and get a lot of nutrients from it. Good for us. If we literally couldn't eat meat, we wouldn't be able to process it, cooked or not.

Mind = Blown.

Seagulls eat chicken mcnuggets from the trash can. They will develop big brain soon.
Sep 9, 2020 9:36 AM

Aug 2018
Chiibi said:
Timz0r said:
Now if only the western world accepted eating bugs more...

Disgusting.

I'd rather hold a gun to my head. I'd rather starve to death. Nothing grosses me out more than BUGS around FOOD.

I've ate roasted crickets before and it just tasted like peanuts. If I had a beer with me at that time, I would have been set.

Also read this scientific article instead of watching 'horrorific Youtube video's' if you're not convinced:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352364616300013
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 9, 2020 9:57 AM

Nov 2008
Timz0r said:
Chiibi said:

Disgusting.

I'd rather hold a gun to my head. I'd rather starve to death. Nothing grosses me out more than BUGS around FOOD.

I've ate roasted crickets before and it just tasted like peanuts. If I had a beer with me at that time, I would have been set.

Also read this scientific article instead of watching 'horrorific Youtube video's' if you're not convinced:

I will never be convinced. Do you not understand this is a trigger for me?

Stop making it worse.

Sep 9, 2020 10:01 AM

Aug 2018
Chiibi said:
Timz0r said:

I will never be convinced. Do you not understand this is a trigger for me?

Stop making it worse.

I honesty don't care about your feelings. It's science. Deal with it.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 9, 2020 11:02 AM

Sep 2014
SargonTheGreat said:
Hrybami said:

Mind = Blown.

Seagulls eat chicken mcnuggets from the trash can. They will develop big brain soon.
No hes saying the human brain needs those resources to sustain itself not that the meat itself is what gave us big brain.

May I ask what does meat provide that the brain needs and couldn't been found elsewhere?
Sep 9, 2020 11:16 AM

Jul 2019
idk about you, but I like the facts, last time I checked on my 2nd-grade food pyramid, it said I needed meat in my system.
Sep 9, 2020 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
Timz0r said:

I honesty don't care about your feelings.

WELL, FUCK YOU TOO. You can shove that "science" up your ass, you inconsiderate piece of human excrement.

A KITTEN CORPSE DECAYING IS SCIENCE TOO; THAT DOESN'T MEAN PEOPLE WANT TO SEE VIDEOS OF IT.

(If I get banned for this, it was worth it)
ChiibiSep 9, 2020 11:26 AM

Sep 9, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Desiy said:
Chiibi said:

Disgusting.

I'd rather hold a gun to my head. Nothing grosses me out more than BUGS around FOOD.

Plus they are eco-friendly there is no need to worry about climate change

Kay I understand that other people could find it repulsing, but actually it could replace a lot of our current meat livestock and would be not only eco-friendly but ethical more correct to eat these animals instead of conscious mammals. Mammals are all conscious, some much more than others, but all of them are to somewhat degree conscious.

Sorry Chibi, I put this one now in a spoiler 😅

No but I rather just stay away than eating bugs lol. I can do pretty well with almost no meat now, so why replace it.

In general it would be a big help, if many people just reduced their consumption of meat and industrial dairy products and eggs.
Being fully vegan isn't really for me, but the morals of the least harm is still something valueable to orient yourself to, even if you only reduce it a bit.

I don't stay away fully from for example coffee or chocolate either, but I know there is a lot of deforestation of rain forests and child labor because of it, so I reduce it. It's the best for my own body as well as a nice side effect. For years I drank like four or five cups of coffee a day, especially when I had been stressed out, I only functioned on caffeine lol, now I drink none or at max two a day.
Sep 9, 2020 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
Chiibi said:
Timz0r said:

I honesty don't care about your feelings. It's science. Deal with it.

WELL, FUCK YOU TOO. You can shove that "science" up your ass, you inconsiderate piece of human excrement.

A KITTEN CORPSE DECAYING IS SCIENCE TOO; THAT DOESN'T MEAN PEOPLE WANT TO SEE VIDEOS OF IT.

(If I get banned for this, it was worth it)

Thanks for your kind words. It really shows you're a kind person in real life. Keep that attitude up. It will get you far in life.
Sep 9, 2020 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
It's not - at least not for me.
Can't say I have anything against vegans and their lifestyle but I really don't appreciate people trying to shove their ideology in my face. I know everything about vegan lifestyle - I have to, it's my fucking job (literally) - so I don't need some smarty-pants lecturing me about the benefits of plant-based diet.
But at the same time I feel like people are more critical when it comes to vegan diet. We don't interrogate meat eaters whether they got all necessary nutrients. So why we feel the need to question vegans all the time?
That being said - vegan meat and dairy alternatives are mostly horrible, both taste- and nutrient-wise (as all ultra-processed foods). Vegan cheese is a total abomination - unfortunately I have to taste it at work all the time. Pure torture.
Sep 10, 2020 1:32 AM

Jul 2014
I don't know if Veganism is the future.
It would be a good future imo, but it really has a long way to go.

We have to wait at least a couple of life-long vegan generations to understand if it's really feasible for the human body. For now most vegans are doing ok health-wise, except for a few exceptions (that make a lot more clamor obviously).

For now the numbers are increasing, and that's promising, but it could still be a fad if most people can't maintain the lifestyle.

I choose to try the vegan lifestyle.
I can't find any argument against it to be honest, except the I don't care argument. And I'm fine with that argument. I'm not kidding.
You can't be upright and coherent in every aspect of your life. Maybe you wouldn't kill your food but you accept your inconsistency, that's just human.
I'm definitely doing the same in other "fields" probably.
Apr 13, 2022 1:42 PM

Apr 2022
Amffy said:
SargonTheGreat said:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion ahahahha two can play this game :D

Well fine, would you eat dog or cat meat then?

If you’re vegan and you have a cat, you’re an animal abuser period. Cats are obligate carnivores, they need meat.

I’d say that Cat, fox and, to an extent, dog owners are the rare kinds of people that shouldn’t be vegan.
Apr 13, 2022 2:14 PM
Oct 2020
veganism is a ploy by big sugar (unilever, nestle and so on) to sell people in devloped countries more dog food. in the past people were offended for example that frozen pizza often didn't contain real cheese. now this water seedoil crap is vegan cheese and therefore healthy and ethical.

i don't know if we have this in my country too but in the us people buy this awful product cool whip. apprantly it tastes like cream but contains hardly any dairy. in the past this was for people who wanted to save money. now big sugar has to modify it a little and put a vegan logo on it and they can tripple the price: vegan cream!!

most people don't even care about people with different politics, but claim to have great sympathy for animals. recently i watched alot of dog videos on youtube. people add speech bubbles to it, as if the dogs are human children. so to have symapthy for these creatures they have to hallucinate a likeness to humans that is not really there. i am a human supremacist. i have no problems with animals suffering for human well being. also there is no lifestyle that results in no animals suffering.
Apr 14, 2022 2:15 PM

Dec 2020
Veganism is a form of nihilism, simple as that.
Depriving themselves of culinary pleasures, and thus, devaluing their own lives in favor of a higher good: the reduction of animal suffering, something inherent to nature.

And if most of them are hated for good reasons, it's for proselytizing their own moral values on others who don't want to live their nihilistic lifestyles.

“You’ve never succeeded at anything and you never will, and do you know why? Because you are vulgar, irremediably vulgar, and not only are you vulgar, you are ordinary.” - Maurice Pialat’s We Won't Grow Old Together (1972)
Apr 14, 2022 4:41 PM
Mar 2022
I go out of my way to eat more meat just so a Vegan that thinks they're doing something really isn't.
Apr 14, 2022 6:41 PM

Aug 2017
I'm not a vegan, but I think it might become the future solely due to rising costs.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 14, 2022 7:19 PM

Jan 2022
Salad is good but burgers are better.

Apr 15, 2022 2:10 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
There are significant environmental, health, and moral reasons for why in an ideal world everybody would be mostly vegetarian, and hopefully one day we get there. However as it stands given our current technology it's just not feasible on a global scale. Being vegetarian yet avoiding any malnutrition currently requires a significant amount of wealth as well for many would require as a substantial amount of dietary planning

Also that's just to go (mostly) vegetarian and in a dietary sense, only ignorant dumbasses think it's feasible for humans to go fully vegan in lifestyle in any near future. They have no idea whatsoever the extent to which animal products are necessary to our lives (or at the very least prevent everyday products from being prohibitively expensive). Affordable plastic, rubber, glue, oil, clothes, medicines, organ transplants, and so many other things are crucial to our day to day.
Apr 15, 2022 6:51 AM

May 2009
HatsuneYugi4 said:

We've come to the point that a vegan burger tastes not so different from an actual burger

On topic, yea it's gonna become more popular as the quality of vegan products keep improving. It's never gonna be the sole way of eating, there is always gonna be a group that will always strongly oppose it.
Apr 16, 2022 11:44 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Every year since 2014 is on record for the hottest year ever and you wanna chop down more trees? And keep them methane producing animals to keep producing more gas and make it even hotter..do you wanna fry eggs on the floor?

Hell's on fire, but the devil doesn't care
He is busy turning up the heat
Burning my ass burning my feet..

Apr 16, 2022 5:41 PM

Oct 2013
The way we treat our food sources should change for sure, but if veganism is the future, you can kill me now. I don't mind certain meat alternatives, but we still have a long way to go before every meat alternative tastes good enough for me to want to switch entirely. A good amount of them still taste like ass.
Apr 17, 2022 9:10 PM

Nov 2013
I hope veganism won't be regarded as common sense in the future, since it's a very unhealthy style of life.

I was a vegetarian for some time in the past, and I feel ashamed of myself for some very irrational things that I ended up saying to defend it.

Shoryuuken said:
HatsuneYugi4 said:

We've come to the point that a vegan burger tastes not so different from an actual burger

On topic, yea it's gonna become more popular as the quality of vegan products keep improving. It's never gonna be the sole way of eating, there is always gonna be a group that will always strongly oppose it.

Even if that's the case, it's still not real meat, so the effects in the body are different.

One of the things that terrify me the most about veganism is the possibility that I may end up buying some food that is sold as if it were meat even though it's actually something else mysteriously produced by God knows what means, and having God knows what effects in my body.
ColtBuntlineApr 17, 2022 9:15 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 17, 2022 9:19 PM

Sep 2018
You stopped eating meat because you care for the earth’s beautiful creatures.

I stopped eating it because COVID screwed up my sense of taste and now meat doesn’t really taste good anymore.
Apr 18, 2022 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
Like some mixed millennial babe said, "vegan diets are very expensive".

Same millennial tried to be vegan, but went back to being a plain, old vegetarian eating eggs and cheese as her main protein supplement, source, etc.

It's already been clear that a five-star restaurant is vegan and many people prefer to eat at home, Wal-Mart or Burger King.

For the record, you need animal protein anyway. Plant protein is not the building block of animal biology. Vegetables and non-animal products are best suited for vitamins, minerals or phytochemicals. Sometimes for quinine, like when you get a fever.

Just be like an orangutan and eat some kind of animal product humanely. They have been seen eating fish they caught by hand and termites.

Personally, I'd rather eat edible insects, fish or wild game if conventional red meat were never a choice.

You can also eat plenty apples before and after red meat. So yeah, I don't think that veganism will triumph over mixed or various vegetarian diets.
Kurt_IrvingApr 18, 2022 2:18 AM
Apr 19, 2022 11:26 AM
May 2020
I'm african. my favourite dish is yam, plantain with chicken and guinea fowl. for me im eating culture. if youre vegan thats good for you and that but that only applies in western civilisation or at the very least developed nations. countries like Togo wont have the luxury to be having vegan based products which would probably cost more
Apr 19, 2022 3:34 PM

May 2009
Mummykun said:
I hope veganism won't be regarded as common sense in the future, since it's a very unhealthy style of life.

I was a vegetarian for some time in the past, and I feel ashamed of myself for some very irrational things that I ended up saying to defend it.

Shoryuuken said:

Even if that's the case, it's still not real meat, so the effects in the body are different. Plant based product are also almost never going be detoriating to your health.

One of the things that terrify me the most about veganism is the possibility that I may end up buying some food that is sold as if it were meat even though it's actually something else mysteriously produced by God knows what means, and having God knows what effects in my body.

I reccomend you to read some books regarding veganism as it's never a mystery what's in it.

Also quite the double standard as there have been cases different types of meat have been mixed with various products to get the same end product. Everything that's in meat can be replaced by beans, beans have proteine and a more amount of fiber. But since most of us are so accostumed to eating meat it's hard to break this habit.

Another fun fact is that Gladiators from back the day were close to vegan, so it's not impossible to live without meat.

I'm all in for humans eating meat if they wanna, various cultures would be lost if we wouldn't enable meat eating. But we have to keep the information factual in order to protect the vegans as well as I noticed they get slandered about too often.
Apr 19, 2022 4:04 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
No, lab grown meat is already a thing. No need to give up burgers or eat those abominations vegans call burgers.
Apr 19, 2022 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
Shoryuuken said:
Mummykun said:

Even if that's the case, it's still not real meat, so the effects in the body are different.

I reccomend you to read some books regarding veganism as it's never a mystery what's in it.

Also quite the double standard as there have been cases different types of meat have been mixed with various products to get the same end product. Everything that's in meat can be replaced by beans, beans have proteine and a more amount of fiber. But since most of us are so accostumed to eating meat it's hard to break this habit.

Another fun fact is that Gladiators from back the day were close to vegan, so it's not impossible to live without meat.

I'm all in for humans eating meat if they wanna, various cultures would be lost if we wouldn't enable meat eating. But we have to keep the information factual in order to protect the vegans as well as I noticed they get slandered about too often.

I reject your recommendation; I prefer to use my time to read some great literature books, which include very relevant information about food, to acquire more culture, besides allowing my thoughts to be guided by real life experiences concerning the effects of food, instead of believing in any nonsense written in a book with a lot of appeal to authority to manipulate the reader. Reading books written by some deluded vegans trying to promote some unhealthy diet to make people weaker doesn't seem to be a wise way for one to spend his time.

There was no double standard in what I wrote; Since we're talking about veganism, I mentioned the possible problem of people selling food that is not meat as if it were meat. If there are also cases in which meat is sold as if it weren't meat, then that's a different matter.
And there's also the problem of buying meat believing that it's from one animal, even though it's from another one. But then, again, this is a different subject matter, which doesn't have to do with the topic of veganism.

No, not everything that is in meat can be replaced by bean; You don't know what you're talking about.

So you're saying that gladiators were close to vegan, without any evidence to support your claim, and you expect people to take your claim seriously just because you're speaking as if you had been there to know for sure that such is a fact? "Close to vegans" is a very vague way to phrase it anyway. I don't believe that people were able to be remarkably strong while not eating anything that comes from animals.

If you want to keep the information factual then stop spreading disinformation talking as if eating meat is not relevant for one to have a healthy life.

Of course, it's not impossible to live without meat, but you're going to be weaker, both mentally and physically, which is very convenient for some powerful people who want to control everyone as cattle, just doing as their are told by the so called "health authorities", which is why veganism is so promoted along with other destructive ideologies.

By the way, did you seriously edit my text adding "Plant based product are also almost never going be detoriating to your health."?
Good job showing an example of what you actually mean by keeping the information "factual". I've reported your post.
ColtBuntlineApr 19, 2022 5:55 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 19, 2022 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
It's scary if veganism is the future because vegans are usually annoying and won't shut up about how good as a human being they are compared to meat eaters that should go to hell.

Jesus: "Let me duplicate those dead fishes for you, so you all can eat."
Apr 20, 2022 2:09 AM

Jan 2020
I can tell you this, veganism consumes a lot less energy and reduces CO2 emission. Meat consumption and the meat industry in general contributes so much to pollution and the environmental crisis. Consuming less meat or no meat at all could definitely help the planet more than we think.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 20, 2022 5:11 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
samashi20 said:
I can tell you this, veganism consumes a lot less energy and reduces CO2 emission. Meat consumption and the meat industry in general contributes so much to pollution and the environmental crisis. Consuming less meat or no meat at all could definitely help the planet more than we think.

While that is definitely true, one should ask themselves why is the meat industry consuming so much energy and emitting so much greenhouse gases in the first place.

For example, feeding the cows with what they are supposed to be fed instead of corn might decrease the methane emissions by up to 50%, so that's basically the same as everyone eating twice less meat. The amount of oil/energy needed to raise a cow can also be greatly reduced. My grandparents used to raise plenty of farm animals without the need of any artificial energy sources. By contrast, plants usually always require at least some resources, especially in cases where the environment or the season is not optimal.
Apr 20, 2022 11:19 AM

Oct 2009
It's not, no, and you have weak genes.
Apr 20, 2022 12:42 PM

Jan 2020
149597871 said:
samashi20 said:

While that is definitely true, one should ask themselves why is the meat industry consuming so much energy and emitting so much greenhouse gases in the first place.

For example, feeding the cows with what they are supposed to be fed instead of corn might decrease the methane emissions by up to 50%, so that's basically the same as everyone eating twice less meat. The amount of oil/energy needed to raise a cow can also be greatly reduced. My grandparents used to raise plenty of farm animals without the need of any artificial energy sources. By contrast, plants usually always require at least some resources, especially in cases where the environment or the season is not optimal.
I am well aware of these reasons, but some of the blame needs to be put on the part of the population that isn't. There's always a very high demand on meat which the industry responds to and profits from. Not to mention things like chain restaurants and how much they alone consume. If people are educated on this topic and willing to cut down on their meat diet and balance better and more, the industry will be forced to reduce the production rate anyway.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 20, 2022 1:10 PM

May 2009
Mummykun said:
Shoryuuken said:

I reject your recommendation; I prefer to use my time to read some great literature books, which include very relevant information about food, to acquire more culture, besides allowing my thoughts to be guided by real life experiences concerning the effects of food, instead of believing in any nonsense written in a book with a lot of appeal to authority to manipulate the reader. Reading books written by some deluded vegans trying to promote some unhealthy diet to make people weaker doesn't seem to be a wise way for one to spend his time.

There was no double standard in what I wrote; Since we're talking about veganism, I mentioned the possible problem of people selling food that is not meat as if it were meat. If there are also cases in which meat is sold as if it weren't meat, then that's a different matter.
And there's also the problem of buying meat believing that it's from one animal, even though it's from another one. But then, again, this is a different subject matter, which doesn't have to do with the topic of veganism.

No, not everything that is in meat can be replaced by bean; You don't know what you're talking about.

So you're saying that gladiators were close to vegan, without any evidence to support your claim, and you expect people to take your claim seriously just because you're speaking as if you had been there to know for sure that such is a fact? "Close to vegans" is a very vague way to phrase it anyway. I don't believe that people were able to be remarkably strong while not eating anything that comes from animals.

If you want to keep the information factual then stop spreading disinformation talking as if eating meat is not relevant for one to have a healthy life.

Of course, it's not impossible to live without meat, but you're going to be weaker, both mentally and physically, which is very convenient for some powerful people who want to control everyone as cattle, just doing as their are told by the so called "health authorities", which is why veganism is so promoted along with other destructive ideologies.

By the way, did you seriously edit my text adding "Plant based product are also almost never going be detoriating to your health."?
Good job showing an example of what you actually mean by keeping the information "factual". I've reported your post.

They're not going to do anything with your report, just so you know. Nowhere am I breaking the terms of service whatsoever, this has to do with you being upset with me being indifferent about veganism. I don't get why you've gotta be so hostile towards my post, nowhere did I try to bring yours down. Anyway stay polite or this will be my last reply.

Sad that you will not follow my reccomendation, would have loved to give you some pointers, but I see your mind has already been set in stone. As Veganism is also a food culture I think people should know about. The facts and fictions too, yes.

It's takes a google search to find out Gladiators didn't eat meat outside of fish and seafood. With " close to vegan" I meant their diet was mostly plant based maing them succesfully vegetarian. But seeing you wouldn't want my reccomendations regarding books you'd also never find out, sadly.

Yes, everything that is in bean can be replaced with meat. You're free to disagree but I know people who are the living proof that you're 100% wrong on that regard.

PS
That edit was 100% a mistake, as I was texting previous from my phone, you seriously gotta calm down lmao like why would someone actively do that.
ShoryuukenApr 20, 2022 1:24 PM
Apr 20, 2022 1:55 PM

Apr 2020
Food is just an important part of the culture. I don't think we'll ever see widespread implementation of veganism. Even for the most developed countries, it would be difficult. Every countries are proud of their cuisine.

Also it seems to me that veganism is only convenient for western city dweller. For now, vegan food seems expensive. It also needs to be imported and also processed. Most people would wouldn't drop their ways of life for something that is just inconvenient and expensive.

It seems to me that vegan people are mostly sheltered and delusionnal about reality. But that's just a consequence of industrialization and increase of population in urban area. Being born from a generation of farmers and having myself helped in killing animals. I don't see my way of eating anytime soon. Animals shouldn't be threated equal to humans. Perhaps in the future, vegan food will become necessary as the population increase. But for now, I think I'll still enjoy my meat.
Apr 20, 2022 2:18 PM

May 2009
SupChoco said:
Food is just an important part of the culture. I don't think we'll ever see widespread implementation of veganism. Even for the most developed countries, it would be difficult. Every countries are proud of their cuisine.

Also it seems to me that veganism is only convenient for western city dweller. For now, vegan food seems expensive. It also needs to be imported and also processed. Most people would wouldn't drop their ways of life for something that is just inconvenient and expensive.

It seems to me that vegan people are mostly sheltered and delusionnal about reality. But that's just a consequence of industrialization and increase of population in urban area. Being born from a generation of farmers and having myself helped in killing animals. I don't see my way of eating anytime soon. Animals shouldn't be threated equal to humans. Perhaps in the future, vegan food will become necessary as the population increase. But for now, I think I'll still enjoy my meat.

The fact that veganism gets pushed so hard is really harmful to the lower class as well, not to mention would rob many people of their cultures as well. Nor are vegans ever in the position to tell you what you should eat and whatnot. What I hate the most is that people look at what the people eat, rather then how the animals are getting treated before their death (it's an entire psycho subculture), which is the part that make many people vegan in the first place. Look at the producers (not you tho), not the consumers.
Apr 20, 2022 2:57 PM

Apr 2020
Shoryuuken said:
SupChoco said:

The fact that veganism gets pushed so hard is really harmful to the lower class as well, not to mention would rob many people of their cultures as well. Nor are vegans ever in the position to tell you what you should eat and whatnot. What I hate the most is that people look at what the people eat, rather then how the animals are getting treated before their death (it's an entire psycho subculture), which is the part that make many people vegan in the first place. Look at the producers (not you tho), not the consumers.

Agree.
In their defence, I agree with vegans that people should know where their food comes from and how animals are threated. But their ways of doing are sometimes way too ridiculous. Another point that they're bringing (not intentionally) that I find interesting is that too many people live sheltered from violence and blood. Making them weak and delusional about reality. People should learn about it at a young age and parents should never shelter their kids from the truth.

The way I see things, you should eat what you're able to kill.
I don't really have a problem with vegans and they're probably less hypocrite than a good portion of meat eaters. Vegans are revealing the hypocrisy of a lot people and proving the weakness of western society.

Also just like in any communties, people give too much attention to the vocal minority at the expense of the majority.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

16 by Jozuwa-_- »»
16 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

26 by Meusnier »»
22 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

71 by Meusnier »»
27 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

680 by Jozuwa-_- »»
35 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 8 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.