Forum Settings
Forums

If you can only pick one water site, what would it be?

New
Jul 17, 2020 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
I definitely pick a small river over everything else, after I've spent (pretty much) my whole childhood and my teenage years visiting/camping at my old local forest and so is my old local river, there is no doubt that I'm picking this one. The river water was crystal clear and freezing, fast water flows, (in my opinion) fish from rivers tastes much better, swimming underwater in the river is risky but more fun.

Never had a chance to visit any mountain rivers, but I would like to do that sometime in the future.

Even though we also had a big lake there and I also visited the ocean site a few times as well but, big open water sites are just boring for me especially the ocean and saltwater is just bleh...

So what's your favorite one?
Jul 17, 2020 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
I don't do swimming. But the lake sounds like the most beautiful of all. Imagine some lake in some deserted area ... lots of nature (forest or stuff) around it. Moonlight. Calm. (River water is flowing. It isn't calm.)

Ocean is boring. Just water and nothing else.
Jul 17, 2020 8:18 AM

May 2014
For swimming or for survival? I'd probably die in both scenarios anyway.
I've been here way too long...
Jul 17, 2020 8:31 AM

Oct 2012
Definitely lakes, they're the least dangerous water site. No currents, no crazy waves, just stillness.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jul 17, 2020 8:39 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Illuminatli said:
Definitely lakes, they're the least dangerous water site. No currents, no crazy waves, just stillness.

Stillness and brain-eating amoebas.
Jul 17, 2020 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
Illuminatli said:

I agree ocean waves are not fun at all, one time they flipped my body upsidedown and I almost cracked my neck against the ocean floor, and swimming in the ocean is just exhausting.
Jul 17, 2020 10:03 AM

Jan 2017
the pacific ocean is the best ocean

^_^
Jul 17, 2020 10:56 AM

Jan 2016
149597871 said:
Illuminatli said:

Well, technically they don't eat your brain, but point taken. There's always some of risk no matter what you do, though.
Jul 17, 2020 11:08 AM

Jan 2020
I think a river would be nice, especially a calm one that i could sail down.

𝘐𝘡'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘰π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘒𝘀𝘬 𝘡𝘰 𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘡𝘦𝘳π˜₯𝘒𝘺, 𝘣𝘦𝘀𝘒𝘢𝘴𝘦 π˜ͺ 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘒 π™™π™žπ™›π™›π™šπ™§π™šπ™£π™© π™₯π™šπ™§π™¨π™€π™£ 𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘯 - π˜“π˜¦π˜Έπ˜ͺ𝘴 𝘊𝘒𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭

Jul 17, 2020 11:30 AM

Jul 2016
Rivers are nice, but I'll probably go with the ocean. Nothing's more calming than a windy clifftop overlooking the ocean, possibly with space to lay down and take a nap. That's how I spent a lot of my childhood camping trips. Also you get to look at those windswept coastal trees that I've always thought looked somewhere between cool and a little bit funny.
Jul 17, 2020 11:34 AM

Dec 2015
I like to do the back stroke in my bath tub while making loud derpy seal bark sounds.
My neighbors hate me.
Jul 17, 2020 8:14 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Armakan said:
149597871 said:

Well, technically they don't eat your brain, but point taken. There's always some of risk no matter what you do, though.

I mean I am too lazy to search for sources but:

"N. fowleri normally eat bacteria, but during human infections, the trophozoites consume astrocytes and neurons."
Jul 21, 2020 6:03 AM
Jul 2020
I'd pick a lake because its safer than rivers basically. I used to go to a "beach" in vancouver that had a lake and it was awesome. I rather enter in calmer waters lol
Jan 29, 2021 1:22 AM

Aug 2020
lmao im not a fancy one but i would prefer one where i can swim without wondering if i might drown lool

α΄‘Κœα΄‡Ι΄ ʏᴏᴜ Κœα΄€α΄ α΄‡ α΄‡ΚŸΙͺᴍΙͺɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ΙͺᴍᴘᴏꜱꜱΙͺΚ™ΚŸα΄‡, α΄‘Κœα΄€α΄›α΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€ ʀᴇᴍᴀΙͺɴꜱ
Κœα΄α΄‘α΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€ Ιͺα΄α΄˜Κ€α΄Κ™α΄€Κ™ΚŸα΄‡, α΄α΄œκœ±α΄› ʙᴇ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄›Κ€α΄œα΄›Κœ.
- κœ±Κœα΄‡Κ€ΚŸα΄α΄„α΄‹ Κœα΄ΚŸα΄α΄‡κœ±
Jan 29, 2021 1:28 AM

Oct 2010
ocean and coastal rivers, I'm mad about swimming and I love the seaside
Jan 29, 2021 1:29 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
I'm not a fan of swimming so for that none of the above. But lakes for fishing or just for looking at a beautiful scenery.
Jan 29, 2021 1:41 AM

Dec 2020
Ocean and coastal rivers, like the open view, wind and smell. Used to have lunch or dinner up on the street next to the long beach.
Jan 29, 2021 2:04 AM

Mar 2008
So just swimming? A hotspring is the most pleasant but i havent been to any that were fully natural pools yet so im not sure. I swam in a river only once and it was very cold though it is kinda fun. Went white water river rafting once. Oceans are nice to look at but depends what ocean and where if i like to swim in it or not. One time I walked out to the ocean and something hit my leg so i picked it up thinking it's a stick turned out it was a horseshoe crab so i had this giant face hugger from alien and I just ran back to shore to get away from that thing. Maybe if the ocean waves are calm enough and i dont have to deal with sea creatures except dolphins then im good. All the lakes Ive been in werent big enough to be clear water they were a bit murkey near shore unfortunately but enjoyable enough but a little dull often there is some with a lot of seaweed or algae.

BallistikJuice said:
Illuminatli said:

I agree ocean waves are not fun at all, one time they flipped my body upsidedown and I almost cracked my neck against the ocean floor, and swimming in the ocean is just exhausting.

I got scorpioned on the shore by a wave. Years later still have lower back pain sometimes.
Jan 29, 2021 5:55 AM

Jan 2020
I thought u meant water parks and I was all prepared to pick Sea world or Atlantis

I love all water bodies. The clear beaches in Thailand and Maldives are really pretty though, so are the icy rivers in Finland and stuff
You jump to the right and you shake that hand

You jump to the left and you shake that hand

Meet new friends

Tie that yarn

And that's how you do the Scarn

Woo

More topics from this board

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 7 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
11 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

38 by Meusnier »»
17 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals? ( 1 2 )

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

51 by scarydragon »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

47 by Meusnier »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 1 hour ago

5 by _Nette_ »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.