Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2020 9:02 PM
Apr 2018
Shirase-san said:
This is what I am waiting for!

Shino kissed Kirito in front of Asuna, heyy Asuna, is that okay? seeing Kirito's condition like that, it seemed like it was fine

Woahh, at the end Klein looks really cool, he killed about 50 players with one attack,

and also the animation was really good.

That kiss on the cheek is called "la bise".
Too bad no girl reacted to that kiss, except all were weeping.
For better or worse, SAO has taken a serious turn.
Jul 11, 2020 11:02 PM
Jun 2020
Well then SAO is finally back after it was initially postponed. Klein seems badass for once. Hope he gets some well deserved screen-time this time around, especially with Kirito currently out of the picture. All our hopes are on the Overkill Main Character who is currently AFK. Bercouli v Vecta was terrific. Sinon kissed Kirito in front of Asuna (this time it's understandable). The stakes have never been higher. Especially with real life Kirito still reeling from that nasty brain damage dealt by the surviving member of LC. I can't wait for the next episode I AM SO PUMPED. Oh and also, Kirito is in a coma, has an arm cut off and STILL has a better shot of getting laid than me. Brilliant.
Jul 11, 2020 11:08 PM

Aug 2016
Shirase-san said:
Shino kissed Kirito in front of Asuna, heyy Asuna, is that okay? seeing Kirito's condition like that, it seemed like it was fine.

I don't kiss him, it was just on the cheek as a friend nothing more.
Jul 11, 2020 11:55 PM
Sep 2016
Rob7 said:
Btw, nothing nothing...

The fluctolighto people are legit people.

Kirito was all mental for killing 3 or 4 guys in Aincrad, then killed 1 more "digital real people" in the whole aliczation 1st arc. Neither the main villain we can say exactly that was killed by him (was really killed?)

Then

Asuna (0 real life kills) arrives and kills tons of dark territory digital real people.

Even Sugu arrives, loses her virginity, and proceed to kill the 1st digital real people.

Are the girls ok with that?

Suguha wasnt raped though, there was no rape in the LN and even in the anime they showed Leafa's full body and there was no tentacle there. Thats why she is like if nothing happened later.

But yeah, i get that A-1 decided to exagerate with that tentacle sceen and it seemed otherwise.
Jul 12, 2020 12:12 AM

Feb 2014
SAO is back. REONA and AIMER doing the OP and ED respectively is perfect.

Klein's entrance in the underworld is badass, we will see Kirito's friends to enter the underworld as well.

Bud luck for Leafa for arriving there and ending up on that situation. Luckily she was using that admin/goddess account with the regeneration ability which makes her like a tank.
Jul 12, 2020 12:20 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
SAO is an anime with 24 ep per season. So this part 2 mean this ep = ep 13 so let not be confused there
The scene mean to happen somewhere, it's part of the franchise as you already saw in previous season.

I was hoping for LiSA since she's known for SAO but Reona and Aimer Eir Aoi aren't bad either.
Aimer = Fate series
Reona = SAO 10th anniversary theme song
Fuwa_sanJul 12, 2020 10:18 PM
Jul 12, 2020 12:31 AM
Sep 2016
xkazutox said:
SAO is an anime with 24 ep per season. So this part 2 mean this ep = ep 13 so let not be confused there
The scene mean to happen somewhere, it's part of the franchise as you already saw in previous season.

I was hoping for LiSA since she's known for SAO but Reona and Aimer aren't bad either.

Apparently its only 11 episodes, which makes sense considering it only adapts two volumes.

While you are right about Sao being rapey, the funny thing is that this scene is entirely A-1 faults, as the LN didnt even mentioned where the tentacles went, and it focused on the torture by having her life absorbed.
Jul 12, 2020 12:46 AM
Sep 2018
Can we like... just remove Kirito's Harem and stick with the new AI with Meta themed weapons?

These girls are mostly clueless, and are just getting by with convenient god-modes. I still remember vividly remember the surging disappointment that came over me before the break, as Asuna entered the Underworld. that feeling returns today.

But there is a silver lining. the most down to earth and relateable character appears.
Rando American Gamer 20. who appears briefly at 20:38 and is promptly sent back to Respawn.

God Speed Rando Gamer. I hope you find a game that hasn't fallen to severe power creep issues.
Jul 12, 2020 12:59 AM
Mar 2018
Rape Art Online is back! Trash as always.
Jul 12, 2020 1:08 AM
Oct 2019
Okay I thought SAO couldn't get any worse. Looks like I was mistaken.
Jul 12, 2020 1:21 AM
Jul 2019
Leafa just arrived and she already got raped. Definitely Rape Art Online.

"They're all girls." Hahaha, you can't stop the harem.

Bercouli is probably dead now, but at least Klein is here and everyone in the Japan server.

Goddamn, the animation is fucking hot! Best one this season.
SomeGuyWithHairJul 12, 2020 1:48 AM
Jul 12, 2020 1:53 AM

Nov 2016
Aleph199X said:
Good episode, great to see Leafa back. The tentacle scene was overdone I think compared to the LN, esp with the "implication" which isn't something that happens as far as I can remember. It will draw in lots of hate and shitposting though. Thanks A1!

it did happen like that in the LN

"wha da hell, this game is a really suck"
"I'm soon be log out"
LMAO
vanillaskynetJul 12, 2020 1:58 AM
Jul 12, 2020 2:11 AM
Apr 2020
The first episode of the new season or I would say the continuation part gave me goosebumps like the usual. It was even overwhelming, all characters that we met until now are arriving all at once. Thanks to some seasonal anime out there, this new season of SAO gave me more hype.

I wouldn't take about the Leafa scene one because ffs I regretted watching it when I saw that "FRAME". The fight scenes are also splendid especially the Bercouli one, that sword skills were fantastic.

Overall this was a good start and surely it will get even better and I can't wait for more fight scenes.

Jul 12, 2020 2:45 AM

Apr 2020
Oh boy. Too much blood in this episode. The t rape scene geezz didn't saw that coming. Bercoulii receives a death flag. Leafa, and Klein joins the battle! The op is not that good like previous cour, but the visuals are goddamn good. Kudos A-1!
Jul 12, 2020 2:57 AM

Aug 2013
I love how Leafa basically got treated like how she is treated in all the SAO doujins, as pseudo "rape bait". Anyway, time for the final stretch of this series and see the ending in full animated glory. Can't wait honestly. Hopefully A-1's budget can remain intact.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 12, 2020 3:16 AM

Nov 2011
vanillaskynet said:
Aleph199X said:
Good episode, great to see Leafa back. The tentacle scene was overdone I think compared to the LN, esp with the "implication" which isn't something that happens as far as I can remember. It will draw in lots of hate and shitposting though. Thanks A1!

I reread the passage yesterday and no, it did not, unless maybe for people with unhealthy imagination. If nothing else, the LN is bloodier, as the worms (term used) are described as tearing her flesh.
Jul 12, 2020 3:39 AM
Nov 2019
"THIS GAME IS A REARY SUCK!"
Jul 12, 2020 3:52 AM

Dec 2013
I feel it's pretty obvious that Leafa didn't get raped, as in a tentacle going into her love hole. She would definitely be more traumatized if it did, even when I played it frame by frame the tentacle was more aimed for her belly. But hey, who reads my comments anyway?

With that said, I felt that the entire tentacle scene was unnecessary as Leafa just one shot the b1tch afterward anyway, so what did she have to endure? >_>

Jul 12, 2020 4:56 AM

Oct 2017
Seriously, such immersion breaking for a tentacle rape on a seemingly serious plot.
All I can do is rolling my eyes while watching. The tentacle rape is so pointless for the plot.

People in Mal gave HxEro and Peter Grill low rating despite they set up their tone to be ecchi and goofy from the get go (so all those dumb part and ecchi part fits perfectly), yet they rate SAO high with this immersion breaking tentacle rape that's completely out of tone?

That's why I never take Mal's score seriously.

Btw this first episode plot and sequence of plot is so garbage, especially with Leafa OHKO the evil witch despite being tentacle raped a second ago. The villain is dumb for letting go, so is Leafa who easily let herself getting raped.
Ventus_SJul 12, 2020 5:01 AM
Jul 12, 2020 4:58 AM

May 2019
aRBYso said:
"THIS GAME IS A REARY SUCK!"

WADAHELL!

I know it is asking for too much, but cold somebody copy/retype the japanese text in the original subtitles of that scene, and translate that to english using Google Translator?

Why, why japanese voice actor?

- Also, why don't they invite any random gaijin or tourist in the street to come to studio and record that speech - and all the others for american players- paying him with an action figure or a lunch. Japs were not supposed to be dedicated and diligent?

Why?
Jul 12, 2020 5:06 AM

Oct 2017
MaahHeim said:
Leafa: I need to endure. I can't kill anyone over here until I understand what's going on.
(Is tentacle raped)
Leafa: Okay, nevermind, now that I've done my part of being raped to appel to the audience, I'm gonna kill this woman.

Seriously. SAO never ceases to disgust me...

Yeah I've been watching SAO Alicization and Ordeal War.
To sums up SAO anime, good animation with great character design, but dumb writing , dumb villains, dumb/ cliche plot.
Jul 12, 2020 5:20 AM

Mar 2016
Man, tentacle rape on the first episode. Would've been a pretty ok episode otherwise. Also, the US player's English was so awful that I wouldn't have even understood him if it weren't for the subtitles.
Jul 12, 2020 6:16 AM

May 2019
Kyragos said:
vanillaskynet said:

I reread the passage yesterday and no, it did not, unless maybe for people with unhealthy imagination. If nothing else, the LN is bloodier, as the worms (term used) are described as tearing her flesh.

Anime:

Light Novel (5th page picture):

Thanks to A1, in the anime the rape is strongly implied.

BUT, the "sucking" is less gruesome than described in Light Novel, and she is not naked like also described in the LN.

Would you puritans advocates of LN, prefer that instead of implicit rape, she was being portrayed NUDE in the anime

IMHO: why not both? :v
Jul 12, 2020 6:21 AM

Feb 2016
That was atrocious
Jul 12, 2020 6:28 AM

Sep 2019
A decent return of the franchise.

Both OP and ED sound really catchy.

The next episode is somewhat promising, as we are about to see the true power of Vector, and perhaps, the battle between Asuna and POH.
Jul 12, 2020 6:41 AM

Sep 2017
pretty good OP, visual wise its great second only to Alicization 1 OP by LiSA. ED is good as well

im not going to poke the tentacle hentai scene, but holy shit dude

i wish the Bercouli v Vector fight was more than one two slash, the animation is indeed great but it was too short until Bercouli got disarmed... hopefully next episode will be better

anyway was that pig guy voiced by Yuki Kaji? if its true then this is the first time Yuki Kaji and Ayana Taketatsu (Leafa's VA) doing their job together as a married couple and his wife got assaulted already in front of him lol

Jul 12, 2020 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
Rob7 said:

BUT, the "sucking" is less gruesome than described in Light Novel, and she is not naked like also described in the LN.

Would you puritans advocates of LN, prefer that instead of implicit rape, she was being portrayed NUDE in the anime

Well, yes, I would rather see someone being nearly half naked (in the LN) than being raped, for both the character's and my sakes. I thought it was a pretty normal thinking... However, I think we agree that both are pointless here, especially since they instead skipped crucial points.
KyragosJul 12, 2020 9:45 AM
Jul 12, 2020 7:02 AM

Apr 2020
That scene with Leafa was....oh my. I liked everything else except that. Was a rape scene really needed to keep the plot moving? She killed her right after anyway, Seemed useless imo. Also didn't like the American English. So much cringing.

Bercouli and Vetca's fight was animated beautifully. Looking forward to next week's episode. I think it's going to be like Endgame where all the heroes and allies from previous battles reappear to help in the final battle.

Jul 12, 2020 7:19 AM

Aug 2017
And finally, a classic anime is back.

I'm sad cuz Im pretty sure that Bercouli is going to die with the amount of death flags in this episode. But I hope that he can weaken Vector a bit before being defeated/killed. Pretty cool battle that both of them are fighting. Sinon's skills will be very useful in battle, too bad we couldn't see more than that in this episode.

Also, why ppl are still surprised about Kawahara's writing at this point?, he never victimized women, nor is he in favor of rape, we just live in an age where showing a rape scene is taboo or its accused of being fanservice so ppl get triggered.

NurguburuJul 12, 2020 7:34 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 12, 2020 7:53 AM
Jul 2020
The ending song is baaad. It's a shame there is no LiSA this time.
Jul 12, 2020 8:59 AM

May 2018
Asuna back in the business, the wait was too long.

And the opening is amazing.
Jul 12, 2020 9:18 AM

Jan 2013
I don't understand why they felt they needed to animate that tentacle scene or linger on it so long. The focus and struggle should have been on the Orc and let the viewer imagine the worst through his expressions and the sound of Leafa's screams.

That's some sick hentai shit, is that what SAO is now?
Jul 12, 2020 9:32 AM
Nov 2018
So, there was nothing more to the monsters than this. They are actually Just Like Us, but it's raaayycism from evil humans that made them violent. Who wrote this? Some high school kid sucking up to the teacher? Of course, drawing orcs like pigs made the whole thing ridiculous from the start.

Speaking of ridiculous, the Evil Bloodthirsty Americans. I had managed to forget those.

"You mean, so we can kill and maim people?"

No one would talk like that. I'm not American, but the whole depiction of American players is absurd.

Luckily halfway through the download had completed so I could watch the rest at three times the speed. This whole story has always been the worst of SAO. It got better when they took out the main character with a thin excuse - when every other sort of injury can be magically healed - but it soon got worse again. I watched the SAO in the shooting game last summer, it was much more enjoyable.
Jul 12, 2020 9:41 AM
Nov 2018
Kyragos said:
Rob7 said:

[b]Would you puritans advocates of LN, prefer that instead of implicit rape, she was being portrayed NUDE in the anime[/b

Well, yes, I would rather see someone being nearly half naked (in the LN) than being raped, for both the character's and my sakes. I thought it was a pretty normal thinking... However, I think we agree that both are pointless here, especially since they instead skipped crucial points.

"BUT, the "sucking" is less gruesome than described in Light Novel, and she is not naked like also described in the LN."

Seriously, Rob? You seriously claim that this was less than the light "novel" because the "novel" had her naked and made the scene longer? That. Was. Written. This is animated.

I congratulate you on your incredible imagination if what is written is as alive to you as a visible depiction, but for everyone else, that is not the case.

Flashback to people saying hey, there's less Daenerys nudity in the show than in the novels. I read the novels. What is written is less than what is displayed.
Jul 12, 2020 10:42 AM

Jan 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
FMmatron said:

At least it was done by a "female" this time, so it was kinda hot.

I suppose you have a point there xD

Rape is rape and never ok who it's done by let alone saying it's hot promotes that culture - disturbing you find it hot.
Jul 12, 2020 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
Vooo said:
thebrentinator24 said:

I suppose you have a point there xD

Rape is rape and never ok who it's done by let alone saying it's hot promotes that culture - disturbing you find it hot.

Never said I found it hot, funny how you go after me and not the person I quoted who actually said it was hot.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 12, 2020 11:02 AM
Mar 2016
i would give it a 5 if that first stretched out 10 minute scene with leafa was just taken out of the anime, but it was just way too much of a turn off.
Jul 12, 2020 11:30 AM

Dec 2013
A-1 managed to make leafa's tentacle rape scene even worse than in the novel lol

Lilpirin of course loses a lot of scenes just to focus on fucking DIL raping Leafa, because thats what we need, right? meh

im going to start a counter every time Kirito rejects one of his waifus this season (ONE MORE REJECTED COUNTER: 1)

annnnnnnd they really are going to make Vector another rapey villain, sigh
he wasn't even close to his anime part in the novel, i really miss the Vector from the novels

klein actually got his scene adapted at least

op and ed are perfect, Reona should just make openings for everything at this point, shes just perfect

2/5

Jul 12, 2020 11:40 AM

Jan 2020

1. 60FPS BLYAAAD!!!!
  2. How can this have a PG-13 rating? There's blood all around, which is animated really good (I would say abnormally good).
Jul 12, 2020 11:53 AM

Dec 2015
I went as open minded as possible. But man, Alicization really destroyed any dignity that was left for SAO. Seriously, how are they trying to give a impression of something epic going on without developing one character that is on screen, giving such a huge emphasis for Kirito's harem, dragging so much an unecessary fanservice (probably rape) scene, and not even give a sense of strategy or stakes in the battle. This season will most likely continue to be one of thoses shows where stuff happend and either you just don't feel anything or it will make your eyes roll. I honestly can't comprehend people saying Alicization somehow is better than previous seasons.
Jul 12, 2020 12:40 PM
Oct 2019
Honestly, couldve done without the oversexualized tentacle scene, but aside that its pretty good and the animation is stunning as always: i was willing to wait 6 more months if it meant having the animation with that much quality
Looks like we finally got a ray of hope, with BallsDeep69 entering the action and bringing some ppl along with him, as well as Leafa and Sinon logging in on goddesses accounts
Pretty hyped on how this is going to turn out
Jul 12, 2020 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
Can't wait for the angry herd of AniTubers to post their 20 minute videos of them losing their shit over Leafa's assault scene. It's not as if we haven't seen more degrading scenes like this in all types of movies or shows around the world before, huh? ¬_¬

Sarcasm aside, it's good to see SAO back again. The animation and visual quality, like before, is still very good and the new OP/ED songs we got sound nice, too.

Klein finally got the badass entry he has desperately needed. After all the times we've seen him being a blithering idiot in past arcs, its great to see him make his entrance with a rather powerful attack to hep out Asuna.

Of course, Leafa got the short end of the stick with how she got attacked like that, but we should've expected something like this already by now, being SAO and all. Still, at least Leafa got the last blow to kill off her attacker.

All in all, this was a good episode to get us back into the swing of the final cour of this long arc.
Jul 12, 2020 1:26 PM

Feb 2018
Oh, I don't even know why I'm still watching. Maybe because first season was amazing to me and I deeply waiting a season like that but no...Still same plot twists, just different people. The fact that story is repeating and boring, makes good animation and sound effects waste. Please write something original author...
Jul 12, 2020 1:31 PM

Oct 2017
RiceKnight59 said:
That scene with Leafa was....oh my. I liked everything else except that. Was a rape scene really needed to keep the plot moving? She killed her right after anyway, Seemed useless imo. Also didn't like the American English. So much cringing.

Bercouli and Vetca's fight was animated beautifully. Looking forward to next week's episode. I think it's going to be like Endgame where all the heroes and allies from previous battles reappear to help in the final battle.

This game rarry suck. (laugh)
I feel bad for American too because Japanese always portray American like some dumbass braindead people.
Jul 12, 2020 1:33 PM

Oct 2017
Heger said:
Oh, I don't even know why I'm still watching. Maybe because first season was amazing to me and I deeply waiting a season like that but no...Still same plot twists, just different people. The fact that story is repeating and boring, makes good animation and sound effects waste. Please write something original author...

I'm with you.
The starting part of Alicization got me intrigued thanks to Eugeo and his dynamic with other characters. Up until the climbing dumb tower part I once thought SAO could be good...
Jul 12, 2020 2:20 PM

Jan 2015
So after its best season, SAO is back to being trash again?

If Leafa was already so much stronger than her opponent, why did she even have to bear all that shit with the tentacles anyway?

"Can't kill before I know what's happening." Then proceeds to kill the enemy a couple minutes later after incapacitating her.

The fight between the old man and the Vecta was pretty cool. Nice animation and soundtrack. The old man will probably die soon, which'll be kinda sad.

I don't really understand why Asuna was bleeding from the head after fighting all of these small fries. She made a godly appearance last season and now she's struggling offscreen with fodder?

Also, why did that American gamer have a Japanese accent while speaking English? lol
Jul 12, 2020 2:21 PM

Jan 2015
Granluso said:
I dropped when leafa Said she isn't gonna attack the bad guy because she doesn't know If that is a good thing or not. Sure getting arrested is Fine to find vecta, entering enemy territory with god Powers os Fine too, but clearly she Just likes rape scenes, like come on! I can get past these things when it's like a major point of the story, but 10 minutes in, rape scene and letting It happen because she's not certain If the one killing her is good or not? Honestly, feck this bruh. Second episode, don't fail me.

Yeah lmao that was such stupid writing.
Jul 12, 2020 2:40 PM

Nov 2011
Inferno792 said:
I don't really understand why Asuna was bleeding from the head after fighting all of these small fries. She made a godly appearance last season and now she's struggling offscreen with fodder?

Struggling against hundreds of fodder whose weapons can pierce her with ease without any pain absorber, with the accumulated fatigue, and combined with her regeneration ability and a near infinite life value, meaning several wounds that would be lethal in the real world. But I agree that this is quite rushed in the episode.
KyragosJul 12, 2020 2:48 PM
Jul 12, 2020 2:55 PM

Jan 2015
Kyragos said:
Inferno792 said:

Struggling against hundreds of fodder whose weapons can pierce her with ease without any pain absorber, with the accumulated fatigue, and combined with her regeneration ability and a near infinite life value, meaning several wounds that would be lethal in the real world. But I agree that this is quite rushed in the episode.

And none of that was shown here, was it? So, yes, from my eyes, it was exactly as I described it.
Jul 12, 2020 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
Inferno792 said:
Kyragos said:

And none of that was shown here, was it? So, yes, from my eyes, it was exactly as I described it.

We have thousands of American veteran players against hundreds of inexperienced human soldiers. We see Asuna alone on the front line. We saw earlier Asuna lose her arm, with the great pain coming with it. We know she can't use her godly powers anymore, but that she has regenerative abilities (her arm grew back) and a great life value (super account). She is even stating herself that her body won't give in as long as her will doesn't, she certainly wouldn't say that after killing just a few of enemies. We may not have seen here Asuna taking on wave after wave, but I don't think it's hard to imagine that she's in a desperate situation.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.