Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2020 1:04 PM

Nov 2013
The only thing I could praise in this episode would be that hillariously detailed tentacle animation. And of course it's reserved for Sugu.
Jul 11, 2020 1:10 PM
Nov 2019
they had some impeccable english in the subbed version

"wha da hell, this game is a really suck"
"I'm soon be log out"

10/10
Jul 11, 2020 1:11 PM
Mar 2020
The opening and ending was excellent 😌 I expected no less 😸😊 .
But the tentacles invaded in damn it and Leafa had to give fan services (honestly it was more than a fan service 😒☹️😕 ) they shouldn't have done that I don't blame Reki for that caz it was not under his control for anime.
Otherwise I am a straight up SAO FAN so I don't give low stars (I'm selfish infatuated addicted SAO creep)
Jul 11, 2020 1:29 PM
Dec 2018
MaahHeim said:
Leafa: I need to endure. I can't kill anyone over here until I understand what's going on.
(Is tentacle raped)
Leafa: Okay, nevermind, now that I've done my part of being raped to appel to the audience, I'm gonna kill this woman.

Seriously. SAO never ceases to disgust me...

Leafa killed her because if she didn't do so, she would have killed the orc. So it makes sense. Leafa didn't want to cause useless death but since if she didn't do anything there would have been anyway, she choosed to kill the one that was obviously bad.

That's pretty easy to understand, stop acting dumb, pointing non-existant problems.

But anyway I think this part was way too long and wasn't really important. The rest of the episode was great tho.
Jul 11, 2020 1:34 PM

Nov 2016
Ngl, Leafa acted like an intelligent character, and I almost started liking her, then she goes with that, the bitch appears, and turns the episode into a hentai, no thanks, fuck you leafa, and fuck you bitch, at least the bitch is finally dead.
Old support characters are almost here again so that's nice, and I swear to god if Bercuoli dies Ill hate this.
Jul 11, 2020 1:41 PM
Oct 2016
Jumping back into the war of underworld wasting no time! Got a couple different scenes this episode happening all over the battlefield. The most topical would probably be the Leafa scene. I'm sure some with scoff and make fun of it and I'll admit the imagery is weird out of context but honestly Dee Eye Ell is a sick twisted woman, so sucking the life force out of someone using weird tentacle shaped things isn't too far off. But anyways, it was an important scene since we see Lilipin break away from the control put all the underworldians. Breaking that code of the right eye. Leafa is strong as hell too enduring her life sucked away. Came back strong with destroying Dee Eye Ell after she turned away. Felt good seeing her die.

Other parts were good too with seeing Sinon reunite with Kirito. She's been through a lot with him just as Asuna and Alice have. Sweet moment with Kirito responding to her. Now she does need to fly off and help save Alice since she has the ability to fly. Asuna with some smart thinking. Speaking of, Bercouli with the sick moves to catch up to Vecta. Using his time splitting sword. The beginning of their battle is very intense. Gabriel can just absorb their sword attacks since those attacks are powered by ones own willpower and soul. Making a fight against him tough for Bercouli. Arm severed like it's nothing, he's in a bad spot right now. Gabriel able to immobilize him with just a point of the sword. Loved the last moment with Klein reigning down! time for the good guys to get some back up!!
Jul 11, 2020 1:41 PM

Jan 2020
This sh1t is actually some straight doodoo, if only they kept the original cast from the start of the Alicization arc. Now we get Leafa enjoying tentacle pron for half of the show and then of course good general guy dies while fighting the emperor. All this sh1t is too obvious and I'm dissapointed they had to bring back Kirito's harem that ain't even gonna get his meat.

Jul 11, 2020 1:47 PM
Jun 2020
as a sao hater i loved the tentacle rape the rest was nearly ok from me a 2,5/5
Jul 11, 2020 2:03 PM

Apr 2015
SAO is back, with everything you come to expect from SAO lol

Either way, OP is great, so far it doesn't have much competition for OP of the season. I really loved the visuals of it though, that was really neat!

Leafa has joined the gang as well and I am just going to avoid discussing THAT scene too much.. She took good care of that girl though in the end. Still, poor Leafa!

Action is as you come to expect from Alicization, it delivers once again!!

Bercouli vs Vector was pretty great, so Vector has some crazy abilities himself. Honestly hope it won't be the end for Bercouli, he's been a cool dude whenever he was on screen, but feel like we never really got enough screentime of him!

Finally Klein joined in the battle as well now!! Good to see him!

_MushiRock11_ said:
Starting off with controversy, that's some way of kicking things for the final season of the Aliciazation arc.

About that (near-) rape scene though, was it even necessary in all honesty? I'm not going to be jumping on the negative spectrum of this soon-to-evolve controversy though...

That moment when you are looking for the episode discussion thread and the first thing you see are the "controversy" threads.. SAO is back alright...
Either way, I do agree that it felt unnecessary and out of place, but definitely not jumping onto this bandwagon of controversy as well..
Jul 11, 2020 2:05 PM

May 2014
That scene was ultra cringy and borderline disgusting. Why does the studio need to do this? Just when I thought of SAO better and actually was semi invested.

Fuck leafa, I tried to like her but she's stupid af, or they made her stupid to do the scene. Ugh. Such bad taste for a first episode.

Jul 11, 2020 2:06 PM

May 2019
CeddyyBearr said:
SAO is back, with everything you come to expect from SAO lol

Either way, OP is great, so far it doesn't have much competition for OP of the season. I really loved the visuals of it though, that was really neat!

Leafa has joined the gang as well and I am just going to avoid discussing THAT scene too much.. She took good care of that girl though in the end. Still, poor Leafa!

Action is as you come to expect from Alicization, it delivers once again!!

Bercouli vs Vector was pretty great, so Vector has some crazy abilities himself. Honestly hope it won't be the end for Bercouli, he's been a cool dude whenever he was on screen, but feel like we never really got enough screentime of him!

Finally Klein joined in the battle as well now!! Good to see him!

_MushiRock11_ said:
Starting off with controversy, that's some way of kicking things for the final season of the Aliciazation arc.

About that (near-) rape scene though, was it even necessary in all honesty? I'm not going to be jumping on the negative spectrum of this soon-to-evolve controversy though...

That moment when you are looking for the episode discussion thread and the first thing you see are the "controversy" threads.. SAO is back alright...
Either way, I do agree that it felt unnecessary and out of place, but definitely not jumping onto this bandwagon of controversy as well..

people are overreacting because its SAO
and you know its COOL to hate on SAO
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 11, 2020 2:08 PM

Mar 2017
Great first episode, full of cool entrances from the SAO main squad! They've all got some pretty OP skills so the battles from this point forward are gonna be dope af! I liked that this episode was pretty gory in places too... I likes gore hehe

That scene with Leafa getting tentacle raped was a bit toooo disturbing and it felt really out of place and unnecessary but that's my only criticism!
Jul 11, 2020 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
It's really funny that people get upset about a scene. I see it as sacrilege to try to explain Kirito's condition (which doesn't make any sense anyway) with my beloved quantum mechanics, that is nothing more than pseudoscience.
Jul 11, 2020 2:27 PM

Mar 2010
I was hoping leafa would die after her initial rape. But I was let down. But not a bad episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 11, 2020 2:33 PM

Jan 2016
I've been defending Alicization nonstop because compared to the earlier seasons, I felt like Alicization was a big step up for the series

But the rape thing just killed my mood for this unfortunately. Couldn't enjoy the rest of the episode which wasn't even bad
Jul 11, 2020 2:37 PM

Aug 2012
how did leafa ended in underworld? she entered in 1 season to the game, i dont remember something like this, and now she enters like from nowhere
Jul 11, 2020 2:38 PM
Jan 2020
Ishinomorii said:
how did leafa ended in underworld? she entered in 1 season to the game, i dont remember something like this, and now she enters like from nowhere

She came in with Sinon, using those devices that allow them to dive into the Underworld
Jul 11, 2020 3:15 PM

Dec 2015
Right off the bat we get the absolute shit show that is the writing for Alicization. Seriously? A tentacle rape? I swear, the idiots who wrote this tripe don't know how to make a villain or antagonist that isn't a creepy psycho rapist that enjoys nothing but causing pain and misery. How about some mature themes and nuanced writing for once? God forbid an antagonist with motives that are actually interesting or even compelling for once. This trash is pathetic. Even garbage isekai anime like Death March have better writing than this.
Jul 11, 2020 3:20 PM
Apr 2012
The tentacle scene is a good bit of the reason SAO and shows like it have problems in mass media. So much indulgences in creativity. I really hope this is far and between.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that a lot of this episode was enjoyable. I've never seen so much put into animation in sometime. It's definitely carrying the show and arguably fooling us into believing it's really good.

But the other elements do not keep up with quality of animation.
The SFX company needs to be fired, Pew Boom Pew, when a sword touches something is the most annoying and ridiculous sounds, and you hear it in every fight scene.

Osts are pretty nice though.

The dialogue is hot garbage. "Your mind is like old vintage wine", " Perhaps for a cleansing palate ". Every single dialogue between humans and the underworld dudes is like two people talking a different dialect.

Gore was silly and all over the place, just there to be there. So good, people spraying blood. It's like
Jul 11, 2020 3:21 PM
May 2017
"I was told not to kill anyone before i know what happens in this world".

Ummm girl, cant't you realise you're getting raped?
Jul 11, 2020 3:35 PM
May 2015
All I got from this episode was pain.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Jul 11, 2020 3:48 PM
Aug 2017
> that last tentacle penetrated the lovehole of Leafa right goddamn thats #RapeArtOnline

Lmfao, that made me almost spit my coffee.
Jul 11, 2020 3:57 PM

Apr 2016
It’s a great episode, I really can't wait to see the rest of this last part animated. I always get hyped from watching SAO.
By the way, the opening is just superb, I love it. Even the way it’s animated is gorgeous, the last part is incredible.
Moreover, Leafa scene was not in the novels, it was completely different. A-1 Pictures took the decision to make it darker.
Jul 11, 2020 4:46 PM

Oct 2017
Whoever sees rape in this episode has a dirty mind. Or is a sheep.
Who am i kidding, you are both, lol
Jul 11, 2020 5:10 PM

Apr 2014
Glad SAO is back. Hopefully the payoff for when Kirito awakens is worth the wait given the long tease!
Jul 11, 2020 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
Did anyone else felt like this episode was extremely rushed? I mean, this season has been fast paced but this episode felt like it was somewhat extremely compressed...
Gotta update this soon™
Jul 11, 2020 5:40 PM

Jan 2013
not a fan of Leafa immediately getting tentacle graped from the jump...Klein’s entrance however, i like
Jul 11, 2020 5:46 PM
Dec 2019
love the reunions and badass superhero landing from klein, but that rape scene spoils it more than i expected, its like watching a tentacle hentai scene in upgraded visual quality hahaha lmao
Jul 11, 2020 5:49 PM
Dec 2019
RainyShadow said:
Whoever sees rape in this episode has a dirty mind. Or is a sheep.
Who am i kidding, you are both, lol
if the black mage just wanted to transfer life source, the back of the neck wud have been sufficient dont you think?, thats the most thinkable n logical part. why wud she pierce leafa with tentacles all over the tight spots if its not a fanservice raping style? nevertheless, it disgusts me
Jul 11, 2020 5:52 PM
Dec 2019
Rytakahashi09 said:
"I was told not to kill anyone before i know what happens in this world".

Ummm girl, cant't you realise you're getting raped?
it frustrated me too hahaha, glad she pull off the stunt to kill the mage afterwards, or else there wud be an additional ' i will kill you coz you rape my hot sister' arc
Jul 11, 2020 5:53 PM

Jan 2011
thebrentinator24 said:
FMmatron said:

At least it was done by a "female" this time, so it was kinda hot.

I suppose you have a point there xD
this sums up my thoughts while watching this was like really SAO? starting off with this bad habits die hard huh.

i been in this hole so long i can't back out no matter how bad it gets

sad no LISA it's my favorite part of watching this
Jul 11, 2020 6:14 PM

Oct 2008
and here i'm savouring the OST of Kajiura Yuki!
more reinforcements on the way!
revolting tentacle rape on Suguha already!?
i hope Sinonon would get there on time to save Alice!
5/5.

Jul 11, 2020 6:15 PM

Feb 2014
So starts the final season. The OP is blowing while the ED is damn beautiful with Kirito coming back from death.
We begin where the 3rd cour left off. Damn the Americans are boring as the last one. We also get the controversial rape assault scene to begin, man what a start. Also Vecta is inexplicably stronk.
Can't wait for the next episode!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 11, 2020 6:18 PM

Dec 2014
Damn Reona OP is so lit!!!

Thank You for fanservice suguha, hope they keep the quality like this until the end of season

Ignore the hate for this anime, let's go final season for this arc!!
Jul 11, 2020 6:42 PM

May 2019
HAHAHAA the imouto...

"No, i must endure... i cannot just arrive and start to kill people who are cleary psycho and are abusing sexually of me with tentacles... i must endure, ah ah, maybe more 15 min... hey, get out coc*block pig!"

Jul 11, 2020 6:45 PM

May 2019
Anyway, i loved this start, better than most of previous season. Now the characters that we are used to are back.

Tales of Knights of the Cubic Table, no more!
Jul 11, 2020 6:51 PM

Aug 2017

Best anime of 2020,

Sinononon pulled an airborne on the red mobs, poor guys got sinonononed.

RIP Sexual Chocolate, sad to see her get SOGOOED by SUGU! :3
In this day and age so many mentally weak and sensitive people. DIL is known to drain and torture the life out of her enemies in war so it's pretty tame.

On the otherhand Porky the Pig overcame his urge.

Asuna is simply the best waifu evar as usual.

Our Broski Klein and friends finally balled into the Underworld.

And may Bercoullio/Factorio makes his final flight.
Uruz7LaevateinJul 11, 2020 7:13 PM
Jul 11, 2020 7:24 PM
Jul 2011
Rob7 said:
HAHAHAA the imouto...

"No, i must endure... i cannot just arrive and start to kill people who are cleary psycho and are abusing sexually of me with tentacles... i must endure, ah ah, maybe more 15 min... hey, get out coc*block pig!"

If this isn't a plot-hole thing. It makes me think no wonder RATH couldn't fix lot of these AIs's issues all this time without Kirito's help. I mean what is RATH thinking letting these kinds of issues escalating like this, or is it really their fault?

I think SAO fans will have fun with this series by watching an episode one week at a time while playing the Alicization Lycoris Video Game as it launched around this time.
rladls717Jul 11, 2020 7:28 PM
Jul 11, 2020 7:27 PM
Jun 2017
SAO is back and i love both the OP and ED, and the visuals are so great...

in regards to episode, as a SAO Rising Steel Player, i am just liking how each characters are showing up one by one, from Sinon, leafa etc...

poor Leafa though as she has been TENTACLED by the enemy..

and EMPEROR VECTA, is too strong and powerful one.. i just love his special skill... its hard to beat having a skill like that... wahahaha...

looking forward to next weeks episode...
Jul 11, 2020 7:28 PM

May 2019
rezme2 said:
they had some impeccable english in the subbed version

"wha da hell, this game is a really suck"
"I'm soon be log out"

10/10

lol

If Gabriel had adviced the amerikajin gamers to speak "SYSTEMU CARU" before anything, they would have enjoyed it more.
Jul 11, 2020 7:37 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Was not ready for the tentacle rape-- it left no room for imagination. Damn Leafa...always getting the short end of the stick. Why the heck did she get dropped so far from spawn point?

Really in love with the opening and ending-- I'm hoping neither song will be used to rip my heart later on.
Jul 11, 2020 7:46 PM

Mar 2014
So I'm guessing Leafa/Terraria's special skill is an earthen terrain activated by her blood that constantly restores her health if she's in it. Unfortunately that meant an extra long "mana transfer" session... At least DIL died really fast. Can she please stay dead this time...?

This is going to be an interesting season since I just got the new Alicization Lycoris game. Watch all these characters die (I'm assuming Bercouli's going soon) and then in the game they probably won't.

I half expected the OP/ED to be done by LiSA, but these were still pretty decent.

Sinon reuniting with Kirito was also really sweet. She even gave him a little kiss on the cheek to remind him how grateful she is for everything he's done for her.
VysarineJul 11, 2020 7:52 PM
Jul 11, 2020 7:48 PM

May 2019
Btw, nothing nothing...

The fluctolighto people are legit people.

Kirito was all mental for killing 3 or 4 guys in Aincrad, then killed 1 more "digital real people" in the whole aliczation 1st arc. Neither the main villain we can say exactly that was killed by him (was really killed?)

Then

Asuna (0 real life kills) arrives and kills tons of dark territory digital real people.

Even Sugu arrives, loses her virginity, and proceed to kill the 1st digital real people.

Are the girls ok with that?

Rob7Jul 11, 2020 7:51 PM
Jul 11, 2020 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
Not a big fan of the first episode. Especially that whole Leafa scene was cringy as hell. I was like just deal with her already, I know you will.
So much for "nOt gOnNa kiLL anYoNe fRoM tHiS woRlD befOrE I kNoW whAt's up!!"

Klein somewhat rescued my excitement at the end. Expecting a nice second episode. Please don't let me down, I waited so much for this season!!

Oh and as for the music. Both opening and ending are bangers. Reona and Aoi Eir always deliver.
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Jul 11, 2020 7:52 PM

Sep 2016

We back! Damn corona lol.

Strong episode to start.
Leafa bringing some good ethics too.

Also wow, someone really used the word "incarnation", multiple times...I feel nostalgic.

And the power Vecta used to "cheat" on Bercoulli, isn't that the same trick Kayaba used to win the duel against Kirito in SAO? I think so.
He basically paused the game to make a move and then resumed it.

And Klein is here! And everyone else is coming down!
Can't wait for Tiese&Co to see Klein and sigh in relief at a male member of Kirito's harem :P
FullyChargedJul 11, 2020 8:23 PM
bruh
Jul 11, 2020 7:59 PM

Feb 2015
First 10 minutes and SAO is already doing this trash, color me surprised. Talk about a crap way to start a season and immediately lower my opinion of the show.
Jul 11, 2020 8:24 PM

May 2019
Rob7 said:
HAHAHAA the imouto...

here is how it was explained in the LN

"— I have to endure this.
Suffering an excruciating pain she had never felt before either in
the real world or ALO, Leafa could only repeat this to herself.
Before she dived, she heard the explanation of Super Account 03
«Terraria, Goddess of the Earth»’s powers.
Unlimited automatic recovery. Automatically absorbing energy
from the wide space around her, to recover her own durability or
that of any static or animated object. According to that technician
named Higa, her already vast HP level, together with that power,
made it virtually impossible for her to die from HP loss.
That was why Leafa had decided to risk being captured to
challenge Dark God Vector, and simultaneously chose not to draw
her sword against the people of Underworld.
The woman tormenting her now was an Underworld resident like
Rirupirin — an Artificial Fluctlight. If she was slashed with a
sword, her soul would be completely destroyed. Without knowing
how she had gotten wounded and why she wanted to recover,
Leafa could not battle her."
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 11, 2020 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
The tentacle rape scene was skippable so I’m not gonna freak over that. Of course they had to kill Bercouli. Is it bad? Eh not really. The action scenes were fine. There were some plot holes for me like wouldn’t people start to get fishy about this game? If you can feel pain, why aren’t the “beta testers” not reporting this game? As soon as I saw Kirito’s harem, it was a harsh reminder that I was watching SAO. Before, the harem wasn’t as “I wanna suck your dick so badly”. Some episodes were bad ie one episode where the 4 girls were trying to prove which one had a closer connection to Kirito and they all just agreed out of nowhere but man was this one really bad.

Overall: 4/10 (Below average)
Jul 11, 2020 8:46 PM
Mar 2020
I don't know why but i am not enjoying this episode, maybe because it's the first episode or something else........ i can't expalin it why but i 'm not excited as i used to be watching SAO

But A-1 Picture really improving their animation, well since SAO Alicization came out 2018 the animation really improving, Good Job A-1 Picture
Jul 11, 2020 8:57 PM
Jul 2011
So far the "Sleeping Beauty still hasn't woke up yet.
He's still sleeping with his eyes open.
Alice's, Asuna's, and Sinon's kisses failed to wake him up. So obviously Leafa's kiss is no good either.

I didn't watch all the episodes from the previous seasons. So it made me wonder if Asuna had a time to hear the story of Eugeo.
Knowing Eugeo is the closest person Kirito have without the memories from the real world.
I have a feeling if nothing about Kirito's experiences in the Underworld is told to the people from the real world, they might mistaken Eugeo as a girl.
As if Eugeo's kiss is the only thing that will open Kirito's eyes.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.