Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 9, 2020 9:39 PM

Jul 2019
Honestly, at the moment we just gotta enjoy what we got and don't make the Manhwa readers spoil the experience it kinda always happens the anime-only watchers say it's good and the ones who read the Manhwa/manga readers just kinda spoil the hype until their satisfied which in most cases they never become satisfied. Kek just saying for me Re:Zero, Fire Force and SNAFU take the cake. and yes I read manga/manhwa too.
Mystogan14579Jul 9, 2020 9:43 PM
Jul 9, 2020 10:31 PM
Aug 2018
From just 1 episode I can already see this has:-

-the best animation,
-coolest characters designs,
-most intriguing storyline,
-best fight choreography.
-most interesting characters with backstory completely shrouded in mystery.
-best soundtrack/ OSTs ever.

And also throw in the most banger OP/ED.

No doubt this will be the Anime of the season!. Mostly also AOTY and the best "tournament arc" weebs will ever get to see.

Weebs are truly blessed, getting a chance to see this. Long live MAPPA ! Long live GOH !
rakp333Jul 9, 2020 10:35 PM
Jul 9, 2020 10:49 PM
Apr 2020
Davidmonte31 said:
Zombiedub said:
Posts like this will just attract hate.

Yeah its funny how MAL has closed the same thread on re zero but keep this one alive to attract more hate lmao, if even the mods are biased MAL legitimately is questionable.

Same thing was done with TOG
Jul 10, 2020 3:37 AM

Oct 2013
Takuto_Shindou said:
dc22 said:
lmao when will koreaboos ever learn
What koreaboos everytime a new anime has cool flashy fights people say it's the best anime ever, look at trash like MHA and KnY

ToG didn't have flashy fights but people said it's the best anime ever.
Jul 10, 2020 7:24 AM
Oct 2019
Takuto_Shindou said:
dc22 said:
lmao when will koreaboos ever learn
What koreaboos everytime a new anime has cool flashy fights people say it's the best anime ever, look at trash like MHA and KnY

Dont forget that some koreaboos said that ToG will be the next FMAB
Jul 10, 2020 9:22 AM
Mar 2019
YESTORAKS said:
Takuto_Shindou said:

Dont forget that some koreaboos said that ToG will be the next FMAB

This is what I hate the most they over hype every adaptation and then the anime adaptation don't even make top ten charts in the Japanese broadcast charts. And then they argue Japanese market doesn't matter as if a Japanese animation studio would not care how much their revenue is in the Japanese Broadcast Market. There is a reason we have more Sword Art Online seasons than No Game No Life because the fact is SAO is more popular in Japan than NGNL even if it is huge internationally.
I mean I understand that Webtoon readers are excited for their favorite Webtoons getting adapted but this overhyping is only going to push anime-only's more. Like I would agree the first episode was pretty fun and the animation was great but calling it Anime of The Season is just straight up Overhyping a decent looking show.
Rayzer_pJul 10, 2020 9:25 AM
Jul 10, 2020 2:01 PM
Jul 2020
Having not read much of the WEBTOON I’d give it an 8-9. I really enjoyed the first season and it kept me wanting to find out what was going to happen next at the end of each episode. I know the animation is a turn off for some people, but I was actually a fan of how it reflected the WEBTOON. At 13 episodes it’s definitely worth a watch
Jul 10, 2020 2:34 PM

Sep 2019
I know that everyone excited for adaptations, but how can people say things like :

rakp333 said:

-the best animation,

No doubt this will be the Anime of the season!. Mostly also AOTY and the best "tournament arc" weebs will ever get to see.
GOH !

What the fuck are you smoking dude? Most interesting characters shrouded in mystery?? Its been one episode; backstories for the characters haven't even been teased yet. People read this shit and think, "wow this should be good". Then when its inevitably not up to par with the source material, everyone who had expectations for it will get all pissy like they did last season. Temper your own ego, and watch more than 1 episode of any show before you give it any fucking score.
Jul 10, 2020 4:55 PM
Aug 2018
MSK3 said:

What the fuck are you smoking dude?
Temper your own ego, and watch more than 1 episode
of any show before you give it any fucking score.

Why are you getting so angry? Does this concern you that much? Are you scared of your favourite anime losing out on the title? :P

Most interesting characters shrouded in mystery?? Its been one episode; backstories for the characters haven't even been teased yet.

How can you forget that 30-second flashback of Mori and his Grandpa? Did you not see how awesome that was? <insert 100 lines of comment explaining all the symbolism, metaphor and all the greatness in those 30-seconds> Now do you see? This show is a masterpiece.
And besides, why would I call it "mystery" if they'd already revealed the backstories and motives? It is mysterious because we don't know anything about those characters yet. Get it?

If you're not convinced already, this should be enough to convince you:

rakp333Jul 10, 2020 5:00 PM
Jul 10, 2020 5:10 PM

Sep 2019
rakp333 said:
MSK3 said:

What the fuck are you smoking dude?
Temper your own ego, and watch more than 1 episode
of any show before you give it any fucking score.

Why are you getting so angry? Does this concern you that much? Are you scared of your favourite anime losing out on the title? :P

Most interesting characters shrouded in mystery?? Its been one episode; backstories for the characters haven't even been teased yet.

How can you forget that 30-second flashback of Mori and his Grandpa? Did you not see how great that was? <insert 100 lines of comment explaining all the symbolism, metaphor and all the greatness in those 30-seconds> Now do you see? This show is a masterpiece.
And besides, why would I call it "mystery" if they'd already revealed the backstories and motives? It is mysterious because we don't know anything about those characters yet. Get it?

If you're not convinced already, this should be enough to convince you:

I see . . . .
Jul 10, 2020 5:16 PM
May 2020
While the animation is great, the beginning felt really rushed. They were introducing characters left and right, almost if there was something missing. Anyways I think this has promise but I feel like its still too early to call it the "Anime of the Season" or "Anime of the decade."
Jul 10, 2020 9:59 PM
Apr 2020
MSK3 said:
I know that everyone excited for adaptations, but how can people say things like :

rakp333 said:

-the best animation,

GOH !

What the fuck are you smoking dude? Most interesting characters shrouded in mystery?? Its been one episode; backstories for the characters haven't even been teased yet. People read this shit and think, "wow this should be good". Then when its inevitably not up to par with the source material, everyone who had expectations for it will get all pissy like they did last season. Temper your own ego, and watch more than 1 episode of any show before you give it any fucking score.

dude you fell for a really obvious bait
Jul 10, 2020 10:06 PM

Jan 2020
JoyBoy_316 said:
As CJ once famously said:

Underrated comment !!!
Jul 10, 2020 10:11 PM
Oct 2019
rakp333 said:

-the best animation,

Weebs are truly blessed, getting a chance to see this. Long live MAPPA ! Long live GOH !

How about we waiting until it finished before you concluded whole episode. And please dont call other people angry just because you offended it.
Jul 10, 2020 10:20 PM

Sep 2019

Thank you so much for pointing this out. Without you doing so, I would have never known. Truly, without your vision and massive anime intelligence, I would have been as lost as a sheep without a shepherd.
Jul 10, 2020 10:32 PM
Apr 2020
MSK3 said:

Thank you so much for pointing this out. Without you doing so, I would have never known. Truly, without your vision and massive anime intelligence, I would have been as lost as a sheep without a shepherd.

oh my pleasure i always try to help the newbies out there who would be completely clueless without my assistance
glad you appreciate the gracious help i offered you
Jul 11, 2020 3:53 AM

Nov 2018
Henryvonswiftenb said:
Yes I think the anime is amazing but. Well re zero, fire force, love comedy. That’s all I have to say

I think he meant >new< anime of the season tho. This season has been weak when it comes to new anime, soo i can kind of agree soo far.
Jul 11, 2020 12:48 PM

Oct 2019
lunacy

absolutely bonkers
Jul 12, 2020 1:41 AM
Mar 2018
They said the same about Tower of God, and it was a huge disappointment.
Aug 13, 2020 1:35 PM
Oct 2012
Topics that aged horribly
Aug 13, 2020 2:01 PM
Mar 2013
while i dont mind rushed shows this one is going full speed ahead letting way to much stuff behind
Aug 13, 2020 2:02 PM
Aug 2020
Lmfao this thread title is a whole lie, end this webtoon anime mess crunchyroll, it’s not working out, the diehard webtoon GOH fans will cry if you criticize the anime and give dumb excuses and the iconic excuse of “tHe aUtHoR aPpRoVeD oF tHe cHaNgEs, sToP cOmPlAiNg”
Ofcool2947Aug 14, 2020 3:05 PM
Aug 14, 2020 8:52 AM
Jul 2020
ToG was a massive disappointment, I thought GoH would be able to live up to the hype it got but, same with ToG, it's just some generic anime with minimal brain power put into the series. It was a mistake to be hyped up by webtoon readers.
Aug 14, 2020 12:36 PM
Apr 2020
Uwillnoynut said:
ToG was a massive disappointment, I thought GoH would be able to live up to the hype it got but, same with ToG, it's just some generic anime with minimal brain power put into the series. It was a mistake to be hyped up by webtoon readers.

I mean to be fair, the hype was built due to people's experience with the webtoons, not the anime. It's not like people would have known that they would be bad adaptations before the series actually aired.
Aug 18, 2020 4:22 PM
Feb 2020
ShoraGolz said:
Amazing animation,amazing soundtrack,amazing sets of character,the amount of martial arts that the original creator put in is nuts,and it's not even random,he actually research it. World building is gonna be nuts. Epic fights left and right. What can i say more? Read the webtoon if you haven't.

This didn't age well
The world is mine
Aug 18, 2020 9:56 PM
Feb 2014
I know this thread has been open for a while but, Anime of the Season? Don't make me fucking laugh. This show is literally all flash and no substance. Pretty much no plot to speak of, characters are just non-unique generic tropes. The only thing impressive about it is the animation. Even fans of the web comic admit that this adaptation is a rushed clusterfuck. You want a great show this season that isn't a sequel? Watch Deca-Dence, Millionaire Detective and Appare Renman. (The last 2 are technically Spring shows but I'm counting them cause they got delayed to Summer due to COVID RIP)
Aug 19, 2020 12:43 AM
Jan 2018
Nope this is one of those shows where you just go on YouTube to watch the fights and not bother with everything else
Aug 19, 2020 10:28 AM
Aug 2019
Yall really need to chill and wait for all 13 episode
Aug 19, 2020 1:28 PM
Apr 2017
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA, no.
Aug 19, 2020 4:15 PM
Sep 2008
Will this happend with all mangwa adaptations, being automatically declared the best of the season or year?
Aug 20, 2020 11:33 PM
Apr 2020
AnimeFlyz said:
I know this thread has been open for a while but, Anime of the Season? Don't make me fucking laugh. This show is literally all flash and no substance. Pretty much no plot to speak of, characters are just non-unique generic tropes. The only thing impressive about it is the animation. Even fans of the web comic admit that this adaptation is a rushed clusterfuck. You want a great show this season that isn't a sequel? Watch Deca-Dence, Millionaire Detective and Appare Renman. (The last 2 are technically Spring shows but I'm counting them cause they got delayed to Summer due to COVID RIP)

is deca dence worth watching?
i thought about it but the rating is pretty average
Aug 20, 2020 11:36 PM
Apr 2020
SleepySnowSpirit said:
either this or rent a girlfriend
lol no we are not discussing the worst anime of the season

rent a gf has literally one of the worst mcs in anime period even worse than those self insert harem mcs

even though he is a self insert for ntr loving simps aswell
Aug 20, 2020 11:56 PM

Jul 2009
ayaan692 said:

It is worth watching.
The rating is so low, because some people are too dumb to understand the plot, or because they couldn't stand the plot twist in the second episode. But this plot twist is what makes the show so unique and interesting. Without it, this would be just another average post-apo shounen labeled as "another SnK ripoff."
Aug 21, 2020 1:10 AM
Oct 2019
malinoski554 said:
They said the same about Tower of God, and it was a huge disappointment.
It's rated higher than GoH and was second to Kaguya on Reddit so i guess it wasn't that much of a disappointment.
Aug 21, 2020 7:25 AM
Feb 2014
ayaan692 said:
AnimeFlyz said:

Yes. Never just look at the score and assume its bad. The reason Deca-Dence has such a low score is because it has a BIG plot twist in Episode 2, and either some people were not fans cause they wanted that generic story, or their brains are small and they couldnt follow what was going on. It takes a generic humans surviving in a post apocalyptic world story, and turns it into so much more. I highly recommend.
Aug 21, 2020 7:32 AM

Aug 2017
i mean, it's not like there's much competition this season...
Aug 21, 2020 7:52 AM

Jun 2020
CesarMagnan said:
Will this happend with all mangwa adaptations, being automatically declared the best of the season or year?

Yep, when ToG came people were declaring it as the next One Piece. What can I say? Manhwa fans are like that

I said keep your hands on the table
Aug 21, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2009
SleepySnowSpirit said:

Rent-a-Ho is as shitty as this
Aug 21, 2020 12:32 PM
Jun 2020
Moe_Blob said:
i mean, it's not like there's much competition this season...

Actually if we ignore the sequels (Re:Zero 2, Oregairu 3, etc.), "π˜Ώπ™šπ™˜π™–-π˜Ώπ™šπ™£π™˜π™š", "π™π™π™š π™ˆπ™žπ™‘π™‘π™žπ™€π™£π™–π™žπ™§π™š π˜Ώπ™šπ™©π™šπ™˜π™©π™žπ™«π™š - π˜½π™–π™‘π™–π™£π™˜π™š: π™π™£π™‘π™žπ™’π™žπ™©π™šπ™™", "𝘼π™₯π™₯π™–π™§π™š-𝙍𝙖𝙣𝙒𝙖𝙣!" and "π™‚π™§π™šπ™–π™© π™‹π™§π™šπ™©π™šπ™£π™™π™šπ™§" are much better contenders when it comes to the best anime airing this season.

While a few episodes of "π™π™π™š π™ˆπ™žπ™‘π™‘π™žπ™€π™£π™–π™žπ™§π™š π˜Ώπ™šπ™©π™šπ™˜π™©π™žπ™«π™š - π˜½π™–π™‘π™–π™£π™˜π™š: π™π™£π™‘π™žπ™’π™žπ™©π™šπ™™" and "𝘼π™₯π™₯π™–π™§π™š-𝙍𝙖𝙣𝙒𝙖𝙣!" aired last season, they both had a 2 month hiatus due to COVID-19. And their remaining episodes are properly airing this season. Also "π™‚π™§π™šπ™–π™© π™‹π™§π™šπ™©π™šπ™£π™™π™šπ™§" is airing on TV in Japan this season.

Moreover, neither "Tower of God" nor "The God of High School" are popular in Japan. In Japan, all the other anime I mentioned are far more popular this season compared to "The God of High School".
FxREEEAug 22, 2020 10:01 AM
Aug 22, 2020 12:54 AM
Jul 2019
lmao anime of the season? Dont make me laugh
Aug 22, 2020 9:23 AM

Sep 2019
What the fuck. Anime of this season my ass maybe it is but from the last
Aug 22, 2020 9:24 AM

Sep 2019
bastek66 said:
SleepySnowSpirit said:

Rent-a-Ho is as shitty as this
fuck your comment Makes me Lough so hard. Damn your right.
Aug 22, 2020 9:25 AM

Sep 2019
Re:zero could be a candidate!
Aug 24, 2020 9:59 AM

Jul 2019
I can confidently say that God of Highschool is the garbage of this season. It's not even close to contending to be a decent show.

-[ ~β™«~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 24, 2020 10:08 AM

Apr 2019
Fruits Basket’s second season and Re Zero’s second season are the top 2.

Aug 24, 2020 10:23 AM

Aug 2020
what in the lords name did i just witness this dude saying
Aug 24, 2020 1:55 PM
Aug 2018
Anime of the season hands down, for me, is EvolxLove. Sorry not sorry.
Aug 24, 2020 1:56 PM

Jan 2020
Top 10 MAL threads that did not age well..
Aug 25, 2020 4:42 PM

Mar 2016
If you’re praising it for the visual aesthetics, you’re giving too much credit here.

If you’re also praising it for the story and characters, you need serious mental therapy.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.