Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2020 10:42 AM
Mar 2018
kiraqt said:
cchigu said:
As a huge fan of battle shonens, ToG has been a complete disappointment. Awkward tonal shifts, hollow obnoxious your basic archetype characters and anything goes series of tests, use of unimportant disposable side characters' deaths to create tension, misplaced "nakama power" trope, a foreseeable plot twist...

Never was a fan of webtoon and the anime just made me hate the whole franchise even more. With the first 80-90 chapters worth of content One Piece and Naruto were able to make me cry multiple times, Bleach gave me goosebumps, Hunter x Hunter was able to give proper insights of its world. The only thing ToG gave me with this much content was boredom.

Maybe ToG gets better from here on out, not that it is a great feat to get better than this. Maybe it genuinely becomes a good adventure from this place. But is it worth going on a journey with these characters? With the characters that I have no attachment to?

2/5 for the episode.

3/10 for the anime.

How did the first 13 Episodes of One Piece made you cry?

It the epitome of trash like One Piece, Naruto and Bleach can make you cry there is definitely something wrong with you lmao
Jun 24, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2014
I must be crazy to not hate Rachel when everyone else does, in fact, I like her more than before lol. Not that what she did was right, but she's a complex character and I like what she brings to the development of the series. What's worse for her is that she was simply being used... I wonder what they're planning to accomplish with Bam.

I loved this show, it was so much fun and week after week it left me wanting more. I really liked the story and the characters, as well as the VA. Saori Hayami is just amazing, the years go by and she keeps showing how talented she is. It's always a pleasure to hear her voice.

Rie Suegara also did a fantastic job as Endorsi, it's a shame she has so few roles. Endorsi best girl! But Yuri was great in the few moments she had, I'd like to see more of her. With all that said, season 2 please!
Jun 24, 2020 10:49 AM

Nov 2009
Oh man. This was a pretty poor adaptation direction-wise. All important story moments felt incredibly anticlimactic. Anak crying when Baam died? wtf is this forced nakama narrative?

Kevin Penkin did a good job with OST, but I felt there wasn't much of it, though? Like 7-8 tracks? Why?

Art was unique and I'm ok with it, but animation felt like a roller coaster. Why was it good in this and the previous ep, but for the rest was kinda meh? It felt like each episode was done by different people.

Fighting scenes were just bad. Shinsu representation felt off either.

6.5/10
Jun 24, 2020 10:52 AM

Mar 2010
8/10 cause Khun, imo by far the best character of the series.
I havent read the webtoon so I cant compare, but I felt 13 episodes really rushed, Also confusing sometimes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2020 10:53 AM

Oct 2018
Man and finally Tower of God has ended.

As an adaptation, this anime was exceptionally mediocre. They changed so many important scenes, character decisions, amazing lines and put in anime original scenes and comic relief, both of which were not too great. As an adaptation, this would be probably 6/10.

However, I had started to think of this anime as it's own thing a few episodes back. Looking at it that way, this was pretty engaging. I really loved the art style and the OST. Kevin Penkins is godly.

Also, this episode was easily the best one out of all the previous ones. They developed Rachel much more than the Webtoon here. Many extra scenes. Would probably rate it 8.5/10.

And by the way, in the last shot, is that who I think it is? Oh boy! Season 2 Hype!

Jun 24, 2020 10:54 AM

Jan 2011
Interesting take on Rachel's motivations and what led her to choosing to betray Bam.

I don't think it is as simple as Rachel was wicked from the start, she too was manipulated - but you could also argue it was up to her to make the right choice regardless.
Jun 24, 2020 10:55 AM
Jan 2017
cchigu said:
As a huge fan of battle shonens, ToG has been a complete disappointment. Awkward tonal shifts, hollow obnoxious your basic archetype characters and anything goes series of tests, use of unimportant disposable side characters' deaths to create tension, misplaced "nakama power" trope, a foreseeable plot twist...

Never was a fan of webtoon and the anime just made me hate the whole franchise even more. With the first 80-90 chapters worth of content One Piece and Naruto were able to make me cry multiple times, Bleach gave me goosebumps, Hunter x Hunter was able to give proper insights of its world. The only thing ToG gave me with this much content was boredom.

Maybe ToG gets better from here on out, not that it is a great feat to get better than this. Maybe it genuinely becomes a good adventure from this place. But is it worth going on a journey with these characters? With the characters that I have no attachment to?

2/5 for the episode.

3/10 for the anime.

How do you cry to those shows? LMAOOO weirdo
Jun 24, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2013
alhiris said:
dc22 said:
Finally this trash is over.

Rachel would be a good character if her motivations weren't so vague/basic.

Solid 1/10

I think u mean solid trolling, lmao. Like is Fairy Gone higher quality than this anime? I think from anyone's perspective it's at LEAST as good. But ye, if you really think it's a 1, u're completely right, and probably trolling.

Can't judge Fairy Gone completely because I dropped it after 1 episode.
For all it's faults ToG is at least an interesting trainwreck. Is that worth raising the score a bit? Idk.
Jun 24, 2020 11:03 AM

Mar 2020
Inferno792 said:
The thing I hate about this episode is that the reveals it makes are things that haven't even been shown in the webtoon. What is this? A fanfic?

Might as well be. This smug-ass director thinking he’s being original and smart LMAO
Jun 24, 2020 11:07 AM

Nov 2019
Anyone else getting a little Berry from Rachel..

Jun 24, 2020 11:10 AM
Jun 2015
Damn this shit was sooooo boring. Lmaooooo. Final episode just explains Racheal being an annoying bitch, because Baam was special and she was useless. What a dumb character. He'll, they all sucked. A bunch of constant betraying and other nonsense this shit show gave us. 1/10. No season 2 please.

Sep 2017
Finally it's over

I'm quite disappointed with the adaptation, the only person who did a good job was Kevin Penkin

6/10, I hope for a S2 but this time with budget and handled by another and competent studio

Dec 2015
Rachel in this episode was the closest person to be a well made character, but it still has he same problem as everyone else: They don't care about explaining what are her motivations. "Becoming a star" is just a cheap excuse for the author not to touch on the subject and focus on shounen shit.

But it feels like not only the characters, but everything in this show feels empty. The worldbuilding is shaped around the plot, and not the opposite (the existence of the tower and test are there just to make your typical shounen challenge arcs and not because it makes sense to exist in that world). The author doesn't understand how to create tense scenarios, and even less about epicness, and the bad execution of this elements creates a childish and uninteresting story. 3/10. The only one who did an acceptable job was Kevin Penkin, but I still belive his music fits much more for shows like Made in Abyss.

This is definitely a good contender for most overrated show of 2020, since most of the complaints are only about the adaptation, while the story itself is completely generic, uninteresting and childish. Like Kimetsu no Yaiba, this shows how the anime community overpraise anything that resembles the childish shounen type of storytelling, and ignore actual qualities that could made a story interesting, like actual character personal moments, extremely tense scenes/high stakes scenario and, of course, well structured and written story
BetterTasteJun 24, 2020 11:16 AM
Jun 24, 2020 11:11 AM

Mar 2018
Somehow Rachel makes the story worth watching loved it best episode
Jun 24, 2020 11:11 AM

Dec 2010
2 best things about this episode

1. More Hwaryun screen time (best girl)

2. Viole screen time <3
Jun 24, 2020 11:16 AM

Jan 2020
Now that this anime is over i can say with all my heart...RACHEL CAN GO TO HELL, BIG FUCKING TIME!!!

MyAnimeList Profile ✦ Anime List Manga List ✦
Jun 24, 2020 11:16 AM

Aug 2014
It was a fairly decent show. Had a big pacing problem imo.
Which chapter do I start reading from?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 24, 2020 11:17 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Fuck you, Rachel. I'm not falling for your pity party. Keep your eyes on the stars because you'll never be one.

Anyway, overall - I dunno about this show. The art style is straight-up ugly to look at. I'd be watching a scene and I'd constantly be thinking, "Gosh, this looks terrible". It was distracting. They went for a style and it didn't work for me sadly.

The anime story itself wasn't terrible and I liked a couple of the characters but I was pretty bored at times. It's not really my sort of thing. It's between meh and fine. So I give it a low 6/10.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jun 24, 2020 11:18 AM
Jun 2020
When I saw this episode (anime only btw), I don't know why but I thought that Khun's bro instinct would of jumped and sliced that bitch in half.

Holy shit I hate Rachel so much, first she leaves Bam, then she tries to play paralysed and now she tries to kill him.

I hope Bam develops in a cool character I don't like the fact that he is soo head over heels for Rachel.

Why is Bam such a good boy? he should just stop caring about her.

I'm so hyped for season 2 I hope it comes with a good 24 eps.

Sorry about the scattered thought, just said what came to my mind.
Jun 24, 2020 11:20 AM

Jan 2019
So Rachel is the light in the darkness and darkness in the light. I figure perhaps she is that small dot in the yin and yang on both sides.
Quite sad.
Jun 24, 2020 11:21 AM
Apr 2019
I wished they adapted epilogue chapters more instead of some original anime scene smh..

Not really good adaptation, they changed too much especially endorsi part

4/10
Jun 24, 2020 11:22 AM
Feb 2017
RPWPA said:

If you think it had pacing problems then from the 1 chapter.
If you do not care then 79.
Jun 24, 2020 11:24 AM
Apr 2020
I liked this episode. The best episode in this series. Could have been better by including some of the iconic dialogues from the webtoon. It was a good adoption, but I hope they improve the animation & direction if there's a season 2. I hated how Anak's personality is changed after episode 4 in the anime where in webtoon she was cool and never got too emotional. She is more aloof in the webtoon. Overall I enjoyed the adoption and will hope for a better season 2.
Jun 24, 2020 11:25 AM
Jun 2020
Shocked by this last episode ... (I don't follow the manga).

I can't wait to see Bam with his long hair and the result of his training
oh! and the reunion with Khun!
Jun 24, 2020 11:26 AM

Jul 2007
Not even Saori's voice made this piece of utter garbage person full of jealousy palatable. Bam was always way too good for her. If only Khun met him first. If only.

I feel like this episode didn't follow webtoon too closely (not like the others did much, the directing was really poorly done) but dunno how I feel about it here. It was almost interesting to see slightly different take on it. But yeah, as someone else said...it kinda felt like fanfic. Fan anime. Haha.............

I loved seeing Hwa Ryun. And Viole at the end, mmmm. But to be fair, I agree the characters were portrayed kinda bland in the anime. If I didn't already love some of them to bits over the years, I probably wouldn't start from this adaptation alone. It just....lacks. This way though, I can just be like, well it sucked, but I got to see the characters I love animated, yay.

Hopefully this show gets S2 and better staff it deserves so we can actually see the better parts of the story...with decent adaptation. Fingers crossed.
AlwerienJun 24, 2020 11:31 AM
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Jun 24, 2020 11:27 AM
Apr 2020
Adding Rachel's perspective, I found it very interesting, I'm a webtoon reader and I found it better to close a storm than in the manhwa .
Jun 24, 2020 11:35 AM

Mar 2016
They expanded Rachel's personality here. I kind of like that part. Though, my hate for her doesn't change.

I don't like the way they shortened Lero Ro's resignation and Quant getting fired. The scene was so awesomely dramatic and hilarious as well. But, I guess that was the only place where they could have cut things out.

I thought the cute guy with the white T shirt had died. Yet, he's alive here. In the webtoon, he fails, and can't climb the tower anymore.

We saw Viole!! That makes me feel like we may get a second season.

Rachel's creepy laughter from season 2 got moved here, but it fits.

Khun said he wished Bam met him before Rachel. So, he wants Bam to look at him the same way Bam always looked at Rachel. Plot wise he declared a war against Rachel, and its absolutely awesome; I know. But, I can't ignore how cute he sounds when he cares about Bam. Hope we get a second season since it has a lot more moments like these
Jun 24, 2020 11:35 AM

Jan 2016
Like Ishigami said, go to hell bitch
Jun 24, 2020 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
The most overrated show of this season and it's not even good at all. Also, fuck Rachel, that jealous bitch. 2/10
Jun 24, 2020 11:38 AM
Aug 2009
I just hope season 2 gets another studio. This was beyond disgraceful. The story itself is very good, the voice acting was on par.
But how the studio chooses the tell the story, their choice for music and overall animation was pathetic. Just imagine if Ufotable, Wit, A1-Studio just to name a few, would have animated this? probably would have broken twitter, like what Ufotable did with KNY episode 19.
Yes, I am a Webtoon reader, but my complaint is 100% with how this was adapted. I really hope a stronger studio gets a hold of this for season 2.

alessandroempireJun 24, 2020 11:46 AM
Jun 24, 2020 11:42 AM
Aug 2009
emraanash said:
How many chapter they covered? and was it rushed?

All of season 1, that is 78 episodes. But I believe they added content from season 2: I really do not remember the whole explanation of Bam being chosen instead of Rachel and the plot of Rachel trying to kill him.

Actually, season 1 ends with Bam being dead. So, as a Webtoon reader, you thought he was actually dead. Moreover, in the first 10 chapters of season 2, there is no hint Bam is alive, which makes it more painful. But in this case, you already know he is alive.
Jun 24, 2020 11:42 AM
Nov 2019
cchigu said:

2/5 for the episode.

3/10 for the anime.

can you give examples? you're asserting things wihtout examples
Jun 24, 2020 11:43 AM
Aug 2009
RPWPA said:

You can start from the start of season 2, which would be the episode 79
Jun 24, 2020 11:44 AM

Mar 2016
this_shit_again said:
Anyone else getting a little Berry from Rachel..

Oh my God! That's such an accurate comparison! Lol.
Jun 24, 2020 11:45 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The whole thing was just ''ok'' but still was just entertaining enough to keep me watching each week.

6/10, but leaning more towards a 5/10. Kinda enjoyable but overrated anime.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 24, 2020 11:48 AM

Feb 2020
And now.. Tower of God is over.

Good series, funny and interesting.. just waiting for the next season
Jun 24, 2020 11:49 AM

Apr 2010
bad anime, shipped for arms/kpopers
Jun 24, 2020 11:49 AM
Apr 2020
RPWPA said:
season 2 chapter 0 just do a lil research on shinsu and lightouse on wikia and you will be good
Jun 24, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 2015
Was nice to see Rachel's side of the story, how everything transpired to her betraying Bam! I do feel that there's a few in the group of remaining people, like Khun, who aren't buying it what happened. Khun has already shown to outsmarting everyone in there!

Now, this wasn't an easy watch.. I really liked ToG, but it did come with one big flaw and that is the pacing... Overall, I liked it! I like (most of) the characters, Khun is amazing, Endorsi and Yuri are best girls and all the other characters are pretty likeable!

Sound was great, OP is an absolute banger, will miss that! Kevin Penkin did a solid job on the soundtrack again.

If it wasn't for the sound and chracters, this would have been a 5/10 for me, but 7/10 it is! Hope that if we get a second season, the pacing needs to improve!
Jun 24, 2020 11:53 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I was here on the forum from EP1 to EP13. And you what? Not applying to everyone but MOST READERS don't watch this anime for its anime, they watch it for the webtoon which move them far away from the viewpoint the anime appeal. Bias since start~

It's sad and disgusting how I see the reader fan community couldn't keep shut their mouth from trash talking about Rachel since ep 1. From an anime standpoint, I still see nothing wrong with her decision. She wanted be something and she is forced into a situation where she have to resort to abc etcs in order to obtain it. Jealousy at this level is nothing compare to what I have seen in hundreds of other anime. Basically, everyone wanted to shine. This shit is normal.
However, the ones that are in the wrong and give other hopes and pushing them to do bad things are never get the attention and never will be hated in their community. Yes, I'm talking about the mastermind rabbit and the administrators behind the tests. Rachel isn't that bad to be treated as whore/hoe. It's the tower. Do you not watch the anime for the anime itself? shame on ya for giving out the stupid chara hate. idc about future content this is a anime page :V
#RachelDidNothingWrong

She's not even at this level, no sympathy or realizing one own action like these

Fuwa_sanJun 24, 2020 12:27 PM
Jun 24, 2020 11:58 AM

Feb 2013
[quote=Inferno792 message=60075116]The thing I hate about this episode is that the reveals it makes are things that haven't even been shown in the webtoon. What is this? A fanfic? [/q
Daver_ said:
An anime only perspective:

I really like the time they dedicated to Rachel’s character. My opinion of her shifted many times during her story from her perspective, but the laugh at the end solidified my opinion of her.

I’m not sure what the Director is like planning. Why did he fake Bam’s death with the help of the red head navigator?

The ost continues to be the best thing about this anime.

All I can say is it all went according to plan.
Jun 24, 2020 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
And with that the prologue is over and we can really get started with the story and what the hype is actually about
Jun 24, 2020 12:03 PM

Jan 2020
Ugh Rachel is so petty i cant even sympathize with her past revealed
Jun 24, 2020 12:07 PM

Feb 2018
Rachel, you are now officially the filthiest person in anime. Good job trash, you've even passed the rice assasin guy with a big gap. I hope you will be killed brutally by Bam. Dear Bam, I was guessing that you will be punished because of your naivety, it turns out I was right. Actually, it's more like a prize to him since he will power-up greatly. Also, the guy in the last scene was clearly Bam. So he killed someone in order to achieve his ideals, nice! After 13 episodes finally he started to realize how god of tower works. I guess because of their debt to Bam, the team will gave Rachel some power-up for plot and she will become the antagonist. After that, they will fight ofc and Bam's friends probably gonna die in that war. Finally, Bam will probably kill Rachel in order to climb, same dilemma from this episode. Lastly, I think he is going to be the God Of Tower with killing the current one, in order to change the system of it. We will see.
Jun 24, 2020 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
dc22 said:
alhiris said:

I think u mean solid trolling, lmao. Like is Fairy Gone higher quality than this anime? I think from anyone's perspective it's at LEAST as good. But ye, if you really think it's a 1, u're completely right, and probably trolling.

Can't judge Fairy Gone completely because I dropped it after 1 episode.
For all it's faults ToG is at least an interesting trainwreck. Is that worth raising the score a bit? Idk.

Well it's up to you. Like to me it didn't really feel that boring or bad. Like I always remind myself that they had to adapt a bunch of chapters and that probably damaged the quality, also Bam is a super boring character at least in the beginning, which is normal if you look at where he comes from. What I'm trying to say is that I believe this first 70ish chapters of the manhwa didn't have the best/ most interesting story, but they did a fine job adapting it. Like if you look objectively to the source material and the adaptation, you will realize they literally ran through the chapters at full speed, and also kinda keeping the story together. I'm not sure why they adapted so many chapters in a 12 episode, but I guess it has to do with the fact that it's a first manhwa adaptation. Like it's normal to hate the first season, it really wasn't good but I rated it higher just for the only reason that it was the only way to build the road toward the better season(s)(which I hope we get some more).
Jun 24, 2020 12:09 PM
Apr 2020
Not gonna lie. It was a good build up.
The evil laughing was a bit too much though.

I kinda understand webtoon readers, this is a good premise for a story, but it's too freaking LONG... You can easily cut half of it.

Just please tell me something : Is Bam going to grow some balls ? I mean, this betrayal would mean shit if he didn't.
Jun 24, 2020 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
5:55 "I mean, wasn't he supposed to die for me?"

WTF IS THIS KIND OF ENTITLED THINKING? THIS GODDAMN BITCH OF A THOT!!! YORU PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES! SHE'S NOTHING LIKE THE ANGEL THAT YOU THINK OF HER. SHE'S INCARNATION OF JEZEBEL!!
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jun 24, 2020 12:15 PM
Sep 2018
Before the credit scene, jyu viole grace finally make his first appearance. Can we take that as unofficial statement for season 2 approval?
Jun 24, 2020 12:19 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
AnthonyJFanBOy said:

can you give examples? you're asserting things wihtout examples

> Awkward tonal shifts

Endorsi vs crocodile girl: A serious fight is going on and then the anime decides to dick around by inserting a comedy skit.

> hollow obnoxious your basic archetype characters

Endorsi: A badass girl saying badass dialogues and doing badass things, Koon: your typical sidekick of the incompetent MC that takes a liking to the MC for god knows what reason (Killua that you?). Crocodile guy: Your typical obnoxious sidekick that fools around...

> anything goes series of tests

The passing requirements of one of the test were to simply pass through any of the gate. The test basically implied that being cautious is not a good trait. Ok.

> use of unimportant disposable side characters' deaths to create tension

giving a backstory to a character that has had a total screen time of <5 mins and then killing him/her doesn't evoke any type of emotion.

> misplaced "nakama power" trope

I ate with a guy at the cafeteria 2-3 times so now I am fully prepared to risk my life for him.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 24, 2020 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
Always had doubts in Rachel and unfortunately they turned out to be true . The episode made us sympathize with her because of how she was used by Headon to end Bam's life , but after all that she was consumed by jealousy which made her lose an important thing to her and at the same time she gained the right to climb tower. It's kind of Ironic .

The adaptation was good , The art wast alluring and the OSTS were great although I didn't really like the build-up that happened in the first few episodes it was kind of unnecessary and in the final episodes of the anime it started getting better because a lot of things were being revealed and it made it more interesting . I don't think anyone should wait for a second season because a lot of the Manhua readers are saying that the adaptation is not really loyal to the Manhua and it skipped many things and It's better to read the Manhua if we want to grasp the true story of TOG .

So yea it was a really fun , interesting watch and hopefully the next Crunchyroll Production is better than this one C: .
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

336 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

591 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 3:12 AM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

16 by Madhukar13g »»
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

456 by Kira_ga_Kiru »»
Feb 23, 11:55 AM

» One of the worst adaptations ever

Leon888 - Nov 21, 2023

45 by Leon888 »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.