3It was OK
25.5%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.2
55 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2020 9:27 PM

May 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was an average final chapter IMO.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading the manga, and I'm looking for the next Arakawa's work.

8/10

Jun 21, 2020 9:37 PM

Jul 2015
Komaba happy and making plans to the future was so wholesome.
His arc throughout the manga was depressing, I'm glad to see how far he got.
Jun 22, 2020 2:31 PM

Aug 2018
Is this the final chapter? If so I would love to see a chapter where they just show what everyone is doing ten years into the future. Some nostalgic fanservice.
_______I like rocks__
Jun 22, 2020 8:51 PM

Mar 2009
This was a bit disappointing for the final chapter, I hope Arakawa-sensei will make an extra that shows the characters after a while.
Jun 22, 2020 8:58 PM

Mar 2012
Gotta love bookmark openings. We start with a highschool boy lost in a field and we end with the same boy, now an adult lost in a field...in Russia!

Like someone once said, "Go west North, young man."

Time to go listen to "Oto no Naru Hou e" for old time's sake.

A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Jun 23, 2020 3:44 AM

Apr 2009
Please tell me there's at least going to be an extra chapter showing Hachiken and Mikage getting married.
Jun 23, 2020 5:05 AM

Jul 2017
10/10 manga. What a brilliant and absolutely emotional ride this entire thing was, a top 5 manga spot well earnt.

The chapter was alright, nice to see Komaba finally strike some gold with his life in Russia after being in a downward spiral for a long time, and seeing him and Hachiken bond after all this time was nice. Even glad to see Yuugo's brother take part in changing Komaba's life for the better along with his wife who helped with Russian tutoring. I would have liked to see Hachiken with Mikage more, but they're still together, still happy, and I can live with this being the final chapter.

It's a shame this manga didn't get to fully flesh its story out due to the author Hiromu Arakawa, taking tons of hiatuses for health reasons, but I'm just glad I got to see the end of this manga no matter what, and the last 4 chapters were solid enough to send it off for me. Seeing Hachiken do well with Mikage, find his dream and pursue it with passion, seeing the side characters like Komaba find gold, Tokiwa be married with kids, etc, seeing Yoshino do well in France and get herself a boyfriend too, the brother for Yuugo also doing well with his marriage after what was a really spontaneous decision, and much more, seeing everything unfold gave me enough satisfaction with this.

I'm really gonna miss this manga, and I can't wait to reread all of it again, once volume 15 is up for purchase in English. It's been a blast, and I loved this with all my heart. Even more than Fullmetal Alchemist (which I didn't connect much with the manga but loved the anime versions).

Thank you Arakawa-sensei.
Jun 23, 2020 6:21 AM

Mar 2015
what a journey, 10/10

lovable character all trough, colorful cast, motherfucking amazing character development.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 23, 2020 9:28 AM

May 2017
This was such a great manga my all time favourite, but a bit disappointed with the last chapter, it's like she wanted to be done with the manga. 8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2020 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
This was such a great manga my all time favourite, but a bit disappointed with the last chapter, it's like she wanted to be done with the manga. 8/10.

To be fair, given her health and the health of her family, it's awesome that the manga even was completed in the first place. I heard this manga get hiatus after hiatus after hiatus so at least unlike something like a Hunter x Hunter which constantly suffers from hiatuses without looking like it'd complete soon, Arakawa managed to finish this off in a somewhat fine manner. She also has to do art for Arslan Senki I think as well since that's still publishing, so I think her ending it quickly was inevitable, but grateful in a way.
Jun 23, 2020 11:41 AM

May 2017
animejas said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:

To be fair, given her health and the health of her family, it's awesome that the manga even was completed in the first place. I heard this manga get hiatus after hiatus after hiatus so at least unlike something like a Hunter x Hunter which constantly suffers from hiatuses without looking like it'd complete soon, Arakawa managed to finish this off in a somewhat fine manner. She also has to do art for Arslan Senki I think as well since that's still publishing, so I think her ending it quickly was inevitable, but grateful in a way.
I don't want to bad mouth Arakawa sensei, I understand she had to deal with a lot of problems and can understand the way she had to end the manga, but nonetheless the final chapter was a bit lacking for my personal liking. Anyways I'm excited for her next work.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2020 11:44 AM

Jul 2017
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
I don't want to bad mouth Arakawa sensei, I understand she had to deal with a lot of problems and can understand the way she had to end the manga, but nonetheless the final chapter was a bit lacking for my personal liking. Anyways I'm excited for her next work.

Fair play, I can sort of agree in a way since it was a decent but not great finale. Regarding her next work, I'm not entirely sure what or when her brand new work is going to be, but she is also working currently on Arslan Senki for the art only. I feel like that'd be for now her priority along with health but I am hopeful that she does release one more big work like this in the eventual future. Let's see.
Jun 23, 2020 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
That’s it? Wow that was underwhelming, though I understand the situation that lead up to this kinda rushed wrap-up.

Overall it’s an alright series, but it just didn’t really resonate or impress me a whole lot personally. Everything was pretty solid, but it didn’t reach higher notches for me. I found myself barely caring for most of the cast, and the comedy is often quite cringe. The journey was nice, nonetheless.
Jun 23, 2020 1:29 PM

Feb 2015
Hachiken went blonde! I really like how on the first and last chapters, he's just lost in a vast area all by himself.

I had the main theme on the background all through out the chapter, I bawled my eyes out. Thank you Arakawa sensei!!! 10/10
Jun 23, 2020 5:10 PM
Mar 2015
Raising pigs in Russia What a country
Jun 24, 2020 7:40 AM

Mar 2016
Can this be updated as completed now, please? Not sure why it's taking this long.
Jun 24, 2020 8:58 PM

Oct 2017
Damn boi lost at the begining of the story and now lost at the end of the story too XD, attaboy Hachiken.

Really enjoyed this series, gonna miss this a lot.

EDIT:
Just rewatched the anime and then the manga. Even after all these years I still loved this as much as or even more than back when I first came across Silver spoon.

And once again I'm gonna repeat myself. Really enjoyed this series, gonna miss this a lot.
MegamiRemJul 1, 2021 11:53 AM
Jun 25, 2020 10:01 AM

Jan 2020
Weak ending for a great story. On the other hand, Arakawa was having trouble keeping it interesting during that third act probably due to personal life issues, so I'll give her a break. I hope the anime gets a third season and finds a way to spice it up without changing the story. The great parts of Gin no Saji will stick with me forever, this manga spoke to me so deeply and I'll never forget it.
Jun 25, 2020 10:07 AM

Aug 2018
JoaoDitto said:
Weak ending for a great story. On the other hand, Arakawa was having trouble keeping it interesting during that third act probably due to personal life issues, so I'll give her a break. I hope the anime gets a third season and finds a way to spice it up without changing the story. The great parts of Gin no Saji will stick with me forever, this manga spoke to me so deeply and I'll never forget it.
It's a shame as realistically a third season won't happen
_______I like rocks__
Jun 28, 2020 11:06 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Average ending. I loved it in the satrting but the later chapters were mediocre.

7.5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 5, 2020 7:10 PM

Jan 2014
at last, it has ended. this was such a great series. i feel connected with you guys who are here after finishing this chapter. The Goose House ED is really nostalgic, It makes me think about the first time i listened to it some 6 years ago. I was hoping to see more from mikage and the others, maybe a big timeskip, but this was allright. here's to a great manga.
Aug 1, 2020 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
The last few chapters of the manga were underwhelming. I still love this manga so much though.
:)
Aug 29, 2020 9:50 PM

Aug 2014
what a lame final chapter..
Aug 30, 2020 11:37 AM

Oct 2017
Not a strong final chapter but the overall series was great. Sucks that the author had so many problems going on over the years which shortened the series but it at least got finished.
Sep 3, 2020 3:10 PM

May 2010
I had such great time reading this volume and this whole series! Hachiken's development from annoying know-it-all looking down on people, to responsible, mature adult man was one of my favourite in any shounen manga I've read up until now. I even enjoyed this ending, we got to see our characters all grown up as university students, and even Komaba who has finally found his way, and has complex plans for his future... I loved it.

It would be difficult for author to make this any more impactful, as Gin no Saji is in its core very realistic series. At least I can't think of more satisfying ending.

Anyway, I'm very thankful to Arakawa-sensei for this series, I feel like I'll enjoy rereading this one in the future. Right now I can't even think of any other manga series dealing with themes like agriculture, farming or just living in the countryside, which makes it on of the kind. Not perfect, it's definitely not another epic, widely recognized story like FMA, but definitely special, full of heart and wholesome moments. 8/10
Sep 5, 2020 5:18 PM

Jan 2019
Average ending. Too much pages wasted on Komaba even though he was missing for most part of the manga. It should've been used to show what every character is doing nowadays, since previous chapter did it kinda poorly (they didn't even showed Tokiwa).

The manga, overall, was amazing. Great character development, nice humor (although it was a miss sometimes) and an interesting cast that you got to love.

Splendid work, Arakawa-sensei! I already knew it was going to be good since FMA:B is my favorite anime, and it didn't dissapointed at all.
Sep 14, 2020 7:26 AM
Apr 2020
The ending kind of felt incomplete i know...but considering everything it was well written .
I wanted to see mikage and Hachiken together on the last page but i suppose that was never the purpose or the main theme of the manga. So really well written i suppose.
Oct 24, 2020 3:48 PM
Aug 2017
Expecting more , maybe a classmates reunion or Hachiken married .
It was bit disappointing for the final chapter .
I'm both happy for Komaba but also a bit sad .
so the moral lessons is supposed to be for some to leave japan , that a big f ckk you to the reader .

The japan (japanese) need more more people get in the country and very few to getting out !
Some people say to watch Hiromu arakawa next work , but i feel with that ending like she gave up ....
Mar 23, 2021 10:14 PM

Jul 2020
One of the most inspiring manga I have ever read. Every conflict felt real and the way Arakawa-sensei wrote these characters was so fun and a blast to read.

9/10

I accept random friend requests!
Apr 18, 2021 7:06 AM

Apr 2019
A wonderful end to a wonderful series. Though I lowkey wished that the story after the time skip was a bit longer, I still loved it. Looking at everyone's journey throughout the series and to what they became to be after the time skip really showed the definition of "Silver Spoon". I definitely am going to miss the cast of this one.

I hope the Arakawa-sensei and her family are doing better now.
May 23, 2021 2:33 PM

Aug 2015
Finally got to finishing this manga after putting it on hold for almost 6 years. What a journey. I have been a constant reader of this series since 2012, and seeing it finally end left me with both happiness and sadness

Although the ending was weak, I still enjoyed it. Thanks mangaka for making such memorable series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 3 Discussion

account123 - Apr 22, 2011

12 by thoitrangkratos »»
Nov 12, 2022 8:25 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 16 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 8, 2011

6 by Zankrax »»
Oct 28, 2022 7:34 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 10 Discussion

shithousnik - Jun 29, 2011

10 by Zankrax »»
Oct 22, 2022 12:56 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 78 Discussion

SilentTruth - Jun 19, 2013

7 by ChibiTalha »»
Jun 12, 2022 8:16 PM

» Was this a rushed conclusion?

JCDRANZER - May 1, 2021

6 by Adampk »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.