Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
SHAMAN KING
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 12, 2020 1:26 AM

Apr 2020
What studio do you think will handle this?
Jun 12, 2020 2:19 AM
Sep 2019
I am hoping for Bones, Madhouse, Ufotable.
Jun 12, 2020 2:21 AM
Sep 2019
I don't know, but somehow I wish that whoever studio will handle this anime do a good job in it.
Jun 12, 2020 2:58 AM

Jun 2016
Idk there are a lot of choices. Bones and their action guy Yutaka Nakamura would be cool.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 12, 2020 4:30 AM

Oct 2008
Since studio ufotable did a good job with "Kimetsu no Yaiba". I hope they take the initiative with this project. But damn, I thought remakes and readaptations of anime from the 1990s and 2000s were just a faze the anime industry was going through. Guess they want to show us how far they've come since the original series. Works for me, I've watched both the originals and new versions of plenty of anime, so I'm very much looking forward to this.
Jun 12, 2020 4:37 AM

Oct 2012
I don't care about the studio as long as they actually make a good adaptation this time, which I think is what the trailer is supposed to tell us since it shows scenes of the manga.
Jun 12, 2020 5:59 AM

Sep 2016
CursedFein said:
I don't care about the studio as long as they actually make a good adaptation this time, which I think is what the trailer is supposed to tell us since it shows scenes of the manga.
Same! I agree totally
Jun 12, 2020 6:49 AM

Mar 2016
The 2 that take the lead on the most likely studio to adapt this remake are Studio M2 from Masao Maruyama since he did say in 2015, a year before he left MAPPA, that he would like to make a Remake of Shaman King and Rurouni Kenshin (https://tinyurl.com/y7mruek8) and Studio Orange since they revealed ~2 weeks ago that they were working "on a CG Remake of 'Familiar' Title" (https://tinyurl.com/y8xkjbw6).
On one side, Maruyama is probably one of the few persons that could get the rights to make this anime since the author has been against it (plus Studio M2 has been very silent lately) and on the other, the fact that Orange is working on a Remake makes this 2 studios the primary candidates for the new adaptation.
For my 3rd option, I'd probably say Production IG or WIT Studio. The original Shaman King was produced by TV Tokyo, NAS and XEBEC. Since Xebec is now attached to IG and since King Records and Kodansha seem to be involved, I could see IG giving this to WIT (but I doubt).
azertz99Jun 12, 2020 7:00 AM
Jun 12, 2020 7:13 AM

Nov 2017
How many episodes will there be? Is it gonna be a long running anime?

plz @ me
Jun 12, 2020 8:31 AM
Dec 2015
tzarye14 said:
The 2 that take the lead on the most likely studio to adapt this remake are Studio M2 from Masao Maruyama since he did say in 2015, a year before he left MAPPA, that he would like to make a Remake of Shaman King and Rurouni Kenshin (https://tinyurl.com/y7mruek8) and Studio Orange since they revealed ~2 weeks ago that they were working "on a CG Remake of 'Familiar' Title" (https://tinyurl.com/y8xkjbw6).
On one side, Maruyama is probably one of the few persons that could get the rights to make this anime since the author has been against it (plus Studio M2 has been very silent lately) and on the other, the fact that Orange is working on a Remake makes this 2 studios the primary candidates for the new adaptation.
For my 3rd option, I'd probably say Production IG or WIT Studio. The original Shaman King was produced by TV Tokyo, NAS and XEBEC. Since Xebec is now attached to IG and since King Records and Kodansha seem to be involved, I could see IG giving this to WIT (but I doubt).
lets hope that it’s not gonna be orange , I don’t want to see another good manga transformed into a cgi shitfest
Jun 12, 2020 9:06 AM

Nov 2018
Are they actually keeping the original OP or is just for the announcement trailer?
Jun 12, 2020 9:07 AM

Jan 2009
probably Sunrise since Xebec (the old studio of it) is now part of Sunrise

but im worried since Sunrise got bad animation quality for their TV series in the past decade

@tzarye14

huh?

Anime Studio Xebec's Production Operations to Be Transfered to Sunrise
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-20/anime-studio-xebec-production-operations-to-be-transfered-to-sunrise/.139751
Jun 12, 2020 9:29 AM

Mar 2016
deg said:
probably Sunrise since Xebec (the old studio of it) is now part of Sunrise

but im worried since Sunrise got bad animation quality for their TV series in the past decade

@tzarye14

huh?

Anime Studio Xebec's Production Operations to Be Transfered to Sunrise
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-20/anime-studio-xebec-production-operations-to-be-transfered-to-sunrise/.139751
My mistake. But that info is also outdated. Xebec doesn't exist anymore. Sunrise created Sunrise Beyond with what they got from Xebec and the studio finally "ceased to exist on May 31st 2019". Most of the staff that worked at Xebec and was not part of the initial deal moved back to IG and IG Port companies.
The thing is, the IG Port is the current holder of Xebec's old works, so Shaman King would fall under the IG Port, not Sunrise.
There's also the fact that not all of Xebec moved to Sunrise and what stayed behind, XebecZwei, was later renamed IGZwei.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-05/sunrise-establishes-sunrise-beyond-studio-at-xebec-current-address/.144187
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xebec_(studio)
azertz99Jun 12, 2020 9:38 AM
Jun 12, 2020 12:00 PM

May 2018
tzarye14 said:

If orange is the studio then is will be complete shit...
I just hope they will make it a 2D anime with a good studio.
I hope it's a completely new studio that has no relation to Xebec, Studio M2 or Studio Orange.
Maybe we will be lucky and will get a top tier studio like Bones or Production IG.
Jun 12, 2020 12:17 PM

Jun 2012
CursedFein said:

If Satelight or Studio Deen adapts this, I will have a talk with you xD
Jun 14, 2020 1:20 AM

May 2018
OokamiRisu said:
I'm hoping for Bones, Deen or Mappa

Why the hell would you hope for Deen??!!?!?!?
Jun 14, 2020 1:27 AM
May 2010
Rider9530 said:
OokamiRisu said:

maybe he doesn't like Shaman King haha
Jun 14, 2020 1:28 AM

May 2018
NHS-KEMISH said:
Rider9530 said:

maybe he doesn't like Shaman King haha

xD, but it doesn't make sense because he also said Bones and Mappa and they are great studios.
Jun 14, 2020 3:07 AM

Jun 2012
Rider9530 said:
OokamiRisu said:

Maybe Konosuba raised his opinion about Deen, completely ignoring the other shit they have made and destroyed
Jun 23, 2020 8:58 AM

Dec 2014
Well, one thing I can be sure of, is that is not going to be Bones, Madhouse, ufotable, KyoAni, Wit Studio or any o those. Is over 100 episodes of content. I just don't see those studios taking a long term project like this.
Jun 24, 2020 5:43 AM

Apr 2012
As long as its true to the manga and puts aside the way it was censored, like with some of the backstories, ill be happy.
Jul 12, 2020 3:11 PM
May 2009
roboto56 said:
As long as its true to the manga and puts aside the way it was censored, like with some of the backstories, ill be happy.

I expect a watered down adaptation. We're in 2020 where everything offends everyone. Can't imagine them adaptating Chocolove's backstory in a faithful manner without pissing offthe snowflakes.
Jul 14, 2020 7:06 AM

Aug 2014
024 said:

My guess, based on similar adaptations in past years, is for something between 50 and 60 episodes, give or take.
Jul 19, 2020 10:48 PM
Sep 2019
kronopy said:
Well, one thing I can be sure of, is that is not going to be Bones, Madhouse, ufotable, KyoAni, Wit Studio or any o those. Is over 100 episodes of content. I just don't see those studios taking a long term project like this.

I think Madhouse can take a chance. Remember Hunter x Hunter with its 148 episodes?
Jul 20, 2020 5:55 AM

Apr 2012
MaxAkumax said:
kronopy said:

I think Madhouse can take a chance. Remember Hunter x Hunter with its 148 episodes?
Unlike hunter x hunter which is popular, I really can't see a studio justifying adapting the full show of shaman king. It will most likely get one season and that will be that.
Jul 21, 2020 3:52 AM
Jan 2013
you never know, it has the nostalgia factor and the manga is completed (aside from spinoffs) so it could get FMA Brotherhood treatment
Jul 23, 2020 7:48 AM
May 2009
roboto56 said:
MaxAkumax said:

Unlike hunter x hunter which is popular, I really can't see a studio justifying adapting the full show of shaman king. It will most likely get one season and that will be that.

on top of that, it will likely be a rushed adaptation like mostly shonen re-adaptions in the last years (Ushio no Tora or Karakuri Circus).
There is also the possiblity of being a CGI adaptation which would basically ruin the whole franchise.
Jul 26, 2020 3:00 PM
Jul 2010
Hopefully this is 100+ episodes, theres a lot of material. 32 volumes of manga. Then there's all the spinoffs and what not.
Aug 2, 2020 5:02 AM

Jul 2009
I hope all the old VAs won't be replaced. I love the original cast and can't imagine hearing anyone else.
Dec 10, 2020 7:17 PM
Jan 2019
LeloTheUnamused said:
024 said:

My guess, based on similar adaptations in past years, is for something between 50 and 60 episodes, give or take.

Nah I think 80 episodes is minimum
Dec 11, 2020 7:00 AM

Aug 2014
junek50 said:

80 is way too many imo, especially if you consider it the minimum instead of maximum.

FMAB had 64 episodes, for a comparison. Captain Tsubasa had 52. JoJo never surpassed 50, and Part 4 and 5 got 39 each.
These are not random examples btw, but all action shonen manga of comparable length to SK that got modern, no-filler remakes/adaptations in recent years.

Many factors could influence the number of episodes, but a very generous estimate (based on chapter per episodes in those other series) would count SK at around 70ish episodes top. Then you have to consider how many action scenes there are and how many action-heavy manga chapters could fit into a single anime episode (and the answer is "it depends, but usually a good number").

On top of all that, it's also a risky project that can't go overboard with numbers, so I'd count the episodes based on cours/seasons pre-defined numbers, assuming they can't stretch it too much outside of those boundaries. That's why my guess is between 50 and 60, maybe almost reaching 70, but nothing more.
Dec 11, 2020 7:22 AM
Jan 2019
LeloTheUnamused said:
junek50 said:

80 is way too many imo, especially if you consider it the minimum instead of maximum.

FMAB had 64 episodes, for a comparison. Captain Tsubasa had 52. JoJo never surpassed 50, and Part 4 and 5 got 39 each.
These are not random examples btw, but all action shonen manga of comparable length to SK that got modern, no-filler remakes/adaptations in recent years.

Many factors could influence the number of episodes, but a very generous estimate (based on chapter per episodes in those other series) would count SK at around 70ish episodes top. Then you have to consider how many action scenes there are and how many action-heavy manga chapters could fit into a single anime episode (and the answer is "it depends, but usually a good number").

On top of all that, it's also a risky project that can't go overboard with numbers, so I'd count the episodes based on cours/seasons pre-defined numbers, assuming they can't stretch it too much outside of those boundaries. That's why my guess is between 50 and 60, maybe almost reaching 70, but nothing more.

Okay if we are comparing to FMA, it's manga has 108 chapters (they have more pages than SK ones so let's have 2x multiplier) then 216 and it's adaptation had 64 episodes. That makes it ~3.4 chapter per episode. Now we have Shaman King with 300 chapters so doing same amount of material as for FMAB we have a value of 88 episodes. You're right that reboots mostly adapt more chapters than normal anime but come on, 5-6 chapters per episode? That sounds rushed and looking at studio making it I don't see a point in having such crazy pace on it 🤔
Dec 22, 2020 3:10 AM
Feb 2020
RINTARO JAPANESE SHAMAN GIRLS
Dec 22, 2020 3:46 AM

Jul 2020
Bridge is handling this.I haven't read the manga nor watch the old version but judging from the anime they made before it's gonna be mehh.Saying that it would top fmab is laughable.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 24, 2020 3:01 AM
May 2009
95 would be ideal
75 would be ok
Less than 70 would be rushed

I hope they adapt the sequels after
Dec 24, 2020 4:25 PM
Apr 2016
Scordolo said:
Bridge is handling this.I haven't read the manga nor watch the old version but judging from the anime they made before it's gonna be mehh.Saying that it would top fmab is laughable.
LOL what? so what your saying is you never even seen or heard of Shaman king,all I can tell you is that if you think HunteXHunter is quality work the same is said true for Shaman king, especially Yoh the main character,his the kinda of character you never see in today's media ( I think he was unique even back then ) and judging the show "because of studio" is a lazy excuse.
Dec 25, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2019
I think the pace will be extremely fast. The anime industry nowadays wants as much manga chapters as possible every episode. Making anime is too expensive nowadays I think...

My guess is 50 episodes.
Dec 25, 2020 6:21 PM
Oct 2020
It says studio Bridge on MAL and they did 150+ episodes on FT so I’m hoping Shaman King gets that kindof treatment. I’m just hoping whatever studio finally does end up adapting it does a proper adaptation of the true ending. Remaking the same plot would be damn disrespectful (and pointless since we already got one) so the studios are hopefully thinking of rebuilding it right.
Dec 27, 2020 3:15 AM

Jul 2016
UltimateKai said:
It says studio Bridge on MAL and they did 150+ episodes on FT so I’m hoping Shaman King gets that kindof treatment. I’m just hoping whatever studio finally does end up adapting it does a proper adaptation of the true ending. Remaking the same plot would be damn disrespectful (and pointless since we already got one) so the studios are hopefully thinking of rebuilding it right.

It was already confirmed the remake will adapt the complete edition/kanzenban of the manga so you shouldn't worry about changing stuffs lol.
Jan 11, 2021 12:43 AM

Jun 2016
Saw the trailer.

The VA sucks wtf......

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Mar 30, 2021 10:28 PM

Mar 2016
Skirroz98_NL said:
I think the pace will be extremely fast. The anime industry nowadays wants as much manga chapters as possible every episode. Making anime is too expensive nowadays I think...

My guess is 50 episodes.

Yet so many other (worthless, in my opinion) shonen NEVER even slow down and get filler pumped into them nonstop, or trash like the Pokemon anime that has zero point and goes on forever.

I can think of so many things that could be adapted with the resources from all that kind of stuff alone.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Apr 1, 2021 2:20 PM

Aug 2014
Called it.

Now we'll watch and see how it goes.
I'm hopeful, boy I still can't believe Shaman King is here in 2021

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

53 by RitzyLunar »»
Apr 23, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 29 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

30 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 28 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

33 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 13, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 27 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

36 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 7, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

30 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 1, 12:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.