Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 25, 2020 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
Feels like plot progression has ground to a halt since a few episodes ago. Don't get me wrong--this is still a decent lighthearted comedy, but every character so far has been captured too easily and too completely. At first it was interesting at least to see how Katarina unwittingly caused the original plot to diverge, but at this point there's no development and every bit of Katarina's interactions with others is starting to feel stale and repetitive. And this kind of stagnation is entirely avoidable since we got teased something pretty interesting already--Sophia potentially being a reincarnator just like Katarina.

So here's hoping we see something different in the last 4 episodes, because if it's just more of the same Katarina swoon I won't even hope for a S2.
May 25, 2020 2:36 PM

Mar 2015
Alan being a tsundere he is definitely one of my fav, I thought they were gonna keep Katarina pairless or Katarina x Sweets, but are they hinting towards a real couple? :o
May 25, 2020 3:14 PM

Jul 2015
Her ultimate desire was to become Kirby. I wish I could become Kirby.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 25, 2020 6:24 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, the book makes everyone but Bakarina pervs...

Also, I wonder if the event continues even if Mary/ Maria closes the book...

IE: Bakarina getting "uncomfortable" by Georde for an entire night... oh god... (cause that's Georde's "desire")

___ ___ ___

LOL @ Alan getting slammed 5 sec into the book.

And Bakarina turns into Fatarina then explodes, LOL.

___ ___ ___

And the end scene... looks like they're about to kiss, LOL. "Is this another Illusion? NO, it's REAL LIFE". WELP, looks like Alan got another step up into Bakarina's Harem chart over other Harems.
amlgMay 25, 2020 6:39 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 26, 2020 2:43 PM

Jan 2019
Ah the double isekai! It brings warmth to my cold dead heart.

I didn't expect Sophia's desire to actually be romantic!
May 26, 2020 8:08 PM
Apr 2019
Nicole's ninja jump thou...XD. This episode was one crazy ride
May 26, 2020 11:49 PM

Dec 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:
jimfaindel said:
P.S.: I really wish Katarina would have commented on the fact she just got isekai'd out of her isekai. That's something I've only seen Shield Hero's manga pull off before.

Do you think we will get this scene in second or third season of shield hero?

Probably, the manga really only covered one major arc since the anime's ending, so either it will happen on season 2, or be the start of a possible season 3.
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
May 27, 2020 9:19 AM

Jul 2009
Too bad we were not able to see Mary's desire haha
Sophie's was very bold in her desire!
May 27, 2020 12:45 PM
Apr 2020
loveedddd it but felt so robbed when i couldn't get a prince alan scene :(
May 27, 2020 9:20 PM

Aug 2019
lmao Mary got her own personalised hell just for her xD This episode is definitely one of my favourites so far.
omg Alan probably the least looking but most innocent one out of the group, all my guy wanted to do was play the piano for Katarina why Mary gotta do him like that :c still i can probably confidently say at this point that Alan is my favourite male character from this anime.
Sophia did not hold back on Katarina, she went IN. I guess the fact that sometimes Katarina can be denser then a black hole at times worked in her favour but.... i'd slide Silverlink a £20 to see how far they'll animate sophia's desires ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hmmmm Silverlink i've SEEN what you can do with your Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya i know what you can do *lenny face intensifys*
Episode was overall fucking brilliant, but the final scene when all the characters realised there desires for Katarina were revealed... and just suddenly got up one by one and excused themselves was fucking the tipping point to uncontrollable laughter for me idk why. I haven't laughed at something this hard in an anime since Konsuba lmao
May 28, 2020 12:28 AM

Apr 2007
krzywasabi said:

Alan totally got the best scene although poor Mary was getting NTRed throughout the entire episode lol

I love the fact that Mary is not worried that her future husband is falling for someone else, but that that someone else is her prospective future wife.
Blergh.
May 28, 2020 7:44 AM

Sep 2009
the dream with Nicol had some serious tuxedo mask/sailor moon vibes not gonna lie XD I really liked that!

Maybe Bakarina has the best chemistry with Alan after all? He always seems to be the only character that is not openly lusting after her in some way. At least that's how I see it...I think he hasn't even realized his own feelings yet :o

Personally I'm team Geordo tho hehehe

May 28, 2020 10:07 AM
Aug 2018
A filler episode this time I was expecting it simple because they will ens with that arc and considering we still have a lots of episodes left to finish it will prob end around10 episodes if they move the plot that fast
May 28, 2020 12:15 PM
Sep 2018
yO that ending scene with Alan got me so hyped up. He didn't get his desire fulfilled in the book but he's the only one that got it irl :') fr ship him and katarina asf WHEN they were on the tree oOOh 😳😭😭😭 loved it
May 28, 2020 12:16 PM
Sep 2018
Siana_chan said:
Alan being a tsundere he is definitely one of my fav, I thought they were gonna keep Katarina pairless or Katarina x Sweets, but are they hinting towards a real couple? :o
IKR ATDIWJSKSOSK who knows?? they might be 😳😳
May 28, 2020 12:18 PM
Sep 2018
angle360 said:
loveedddd it but felt so robbed when i couldn't get a prince alan scene :(
the post credits tho 😏😏 we all know that's the scene that really matters!!! 🤩😖😖
May 28, 2020 12:20 PM
Sep 2018
probs my fave ep so far 😌😌
May 28, 2020 8:48 PM

Feb 2020
Catarina got isekaied in an isekai....

Kyoto Animation rocks
May 29, 2020 7:24 PM

Dec 2017
Book of desire and Fantasy in a fantasy story.
May 30, 2020 12:29 AM
Dec 2019
i have a huge massive crush on maria😔😔
May 30, 2020 1:35 AM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
I couldn't have been the only one who felt bad for the fact that Mary had to see snippets of every possible ship circulating around Bakarina..

Alan, even you can't hide from the harem that she commands control over.

Still, I had fun with this episode. Of course the girl's still too innocent and oblivious to know what to do with the harem XD part of her charm. I can't say perfect because I almost thought that the book would reveal her desire of avoiding death flags, it would have been a nice way to expose her paranoia to at least the supposed MC Mary. but nope. Food wins lol.
May 30, 2020 2:58 AM
Mar 2017
hello! Do you guys know in which chapter does the anime end? I'm pretty much hooked up with this show. So, I want to read manga too.
May 30, 2020 4:25 AM
Nov 2019
I wonder if Catarina collecting all the romance flags and dodging her doom flags - turns Mary into the vileness?

The last two episodes are not in the source material I've read are they anime only? If so have they written an alternative timeline ending specifically for the anime?

If they were following the source material they'd be doing the "Dark magic arc".
May 30, 2020 7:57 PM

May 2019
What happened with episode 9 thread?
May 31, 2020 6:54 PM

Jan 2016
Even being a dumb, Bakarina is really cute!! ( 〃 ω〃)
Jun 1, 2020 10:40 AM

Jan 2016
Lmfao this filler completely reminded me of Yandere Otome Game,

I was like.... Uhhhh I don't remember this happening in this anime's original plotline wtf but I remember it in another ones.

Regardless, I liked it. But wish we got actually content from the manga/LN.
Jun 2, 2020 10:18 AM

Mar 2010
I really didn't enjoy this filler. It wasn't because it was not in the manga, but because the plot and the joke is painfully average. It also did not do too much in character development (maybe a little bit with Alan). Really wish the add more depth to character or maybe some character to another character interaction because right now the group revolves around Katarina.

Tbh, I feel like this anime misunderstand what is depth to a character. It's not about a character's past or gimmicky trait. A depth of a character is seeing the character from different perspective, for example, what is Mary like without Katarina around? Is Geordo and Keith friend without Katarina around? What does Geordo actually do around the academy? What does Maria think about Sophia and Mary? Does Sophia really loves Katarina or do she wants Katarina to marry her brother? etc etc

This anime got filler because it has to be stretched but it is wasted.
Jun 3, 2020 2:23 AM

Mar 2010
These desires made me super uncomfortable...
Jun 3, 2020 9:35 AM

Nov 2018
horny motherfuckers
Jun 3, 2020 5:58 PM

Feb 2011
I ultimately ship Catarina with Maria buut I also ship polyam. Just don't like Guys ---> Catarina. Let Catarina be with her snacks or at least treat her respectfully!
眠れないのは君のせい
Jun 3, 2020 6:17 PM

Jul 2011
Another pretty funny episode, but it just felt weak as an episode.
Jun 7, 2020 7:00 AM
Dec 2019
This was a funny episode as we got to see the desires of each of the people teleported into the book, we got to see them as they "Could" have been like if it were the otome game.... And then there Catarina, who desire was too great for the magic book.

It was funny to see how everyone was embarrassed once they are realised what had happened.
Jun 18, 2020 5:44 PM

Apr 2016
I liked the episode but it was just "Mary the hopeless admirer" gag stretched, at least Alan realised that he likes Katarina.
Jun 22, 2020 6:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Entering the world of fantasy in the world of fantasy? I can't believe Katarina would survived on that whole situations. Unfortunately, she could! Lmao, every person had their own lust toward Katarina. Its obvious, honestly. But seeing that shit in the real occasion really served something different. Mary jealousy felt a bit exaggerated on the whole book story. Why you stopped the whole fun thing like that? Damn you, girl! I felt bad to Maria too, she couldn't received the same bloodlust. And congrats with that confession Sophia, you really deserved that. However, such a sad to all peoples, that Katarina couldn't feel the same way to the others. Because, yeah, her only love just for the snack. Great, Katarina, great! XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 27, 2020 1:24 PM
May 2020
Ah, everything I dislike about Mary pulled into one episode. It is one thing to have a decade-long crush on someone, it is another for it to be the main focus of your life 24/7!! I do not want her to end up with Baka-chan. We got to see everyone, except Maria, play out their fantasy story with Baka-chan and I am sure Mary's story would be the most perverted of them all!!! I think it would be hilarious and satisfying if she finally fell in love with Prince Alan, like she is suppose to in the game. She is NOT a good match for Baka-chan because she is not considerate for others, even refusing to acknowledge that some people might be a better choice for Katerina than herself. Lastly, the pervert in me wishes I could have seen more of these fantasy segments, at least let them kiss her in their own fantasies!!!!
I feel so bad for Geordio. He has been crushing on her the longest and everyone (including Katerina herself) ignores the fact that he is ENGAGED to her. At least allow him to get SOME privacy time. I know everyone is "cock-clocking" each other, but he has a RIGHT to flirt with her. This is an injustice. I know this is a comedy, but other people have had far better success and I feel like he has never had a chance to connect with her on an emotional level. It is funny that all he cares about is getting her in the sack and Keith is being "the good brother" by making sure Katerina stays a virgin bride, but LET HIM KISS HER ONE TIME. LET HIM GET THE FIRST KISS AND THEN THE HAREM BATTLE CAN OFFICIALLY COMMENCE. I don't care, as long as it is not Mary, who gets her, but I want Geordio to get the first kiss out of respect for his position.
1KonochiJun 27, 2020 1:30 PM
Jul 4, 2020 5:25 PM
Feb 2018
Catarina desire for Maria sweet saved them all
Jul 18, 2020 7:03 PM

May 2014
Man, this anime started off so good and it just turned into another harem, very disappointing.
Atleast the comedy is good but i expected more.
Dec 7, 2020 11:10 AM
Apr 2016
As someone that loves sweets, I confirm that I also see them in everything.
Jan 29, 2021 5:29 AM
Aug 2020
I found the eating scene with Katarina deeply disturbing.
Apr 11, 2021 10:32 AM

Jun 2020
At first I was like.....why the fuck did they cut out Alan’s desire!!!! And then the after credits happened. He was actually living it. That was soooo sweet. I loved what Alan said. I think he’s my favourite! ♡_____♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 19, 2021 11:07 AM

Aug 2018
lol, this is just too hilarious.. ;D How Katarina instantly gathers all the people..
One of the seven mysteries.. I guess, with time we'll get all 7?.. Could be, but not necessary all of them.. Or maybe we'll hear about couple more.. Well, will see either way..
May 11, 2021 7:21 AM

Jun 2019
Pretty nice episode. Got to see everyone's desires. LMAO. Catarina loves sweets so much.
May 27, 2021 12:01 AM

Dec 2020
that was a pretty nice break episode ! no lore whatsoever. after credits scene tho aaaaa man i quite like alan and catarina's playful rivals to lovers trope but shes probably gonna end up with nicol Sighh
Jul 3, 2021 2:41 PM
May 2020
The plot went to shit but that was funny lol. Looks like Nicol actually likes Catarina, didn't seem like it to me before this.... and I was gonna say something more but I forgot... so goodbye.
Aug 11, 2021 8:24 PM

Jan 2021
never make bakarina choose between you or sweets, you’ll always lose
CalmTeaTimeJul 6, 2023 11:27 AM
Jul 23, 2022 1:42 AM

Oct 2021
They left Mary as one of the two left behind, cause if her desires with Katharine were shown, it would’ve been like Sophia’s, but quadruple the intensity. It would’ve had to be censored.
Salty_CookieJul 23, 2022 1:51 AM
Nov 24, 2022 6:23 AM

Oct 2022
This episode's like, "If Bakarina's status as harem MC wasn't clear enough, we're shoving it in your faces just to make sure" lmao.

Dec 24, 2022 11:15 PM

Aug 2022
This episode is less than stellar for me, but it's keeps up with the great storytelling that is this anime series.

The whole "Desires" magic bit is cool, as I finally realize that Catarina has completely misplaced Maria completely as heroine of the otome game as all the love interests' desires involve hitting on Catarina. None of them play out due to Mary's closing the book before they completely play out.
Jan 6, 2023 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
Give it to Bakarina to outdesire the magic book. I also love how she has to think whether she loves her friend Sophia more or sweets (the obvious choice)

Jan 11, 2023 9:48 AM

Sep 2012
ArA ArA ArA  Sophia ur so bold in the book lol
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

192 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.