Forum Settings
Forums

Has there been an anime where you instantly knew you'd love it?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 7, 2020 6:43 PM
Feb 2019
kill la kill, saiki k, and food wars is what comes to mind

[left]Anime List[/left]

[left]Manga List[/left]
Apr 7, 2020 6:49 PM

Oct 2017
CritiasBG said:
Theo1899 said:
I knew I'd love turn a gundam when I saw the setting and character designs. Same with hell girl.

Was hell girl ending good? Ive dropped it like half way i think but till the half it wasnt that interesting just new character every new episode and that kept going for every ep i watched

In my opinion it was, aside from the most recent recycled abomination.
Apr 8, 2020 10:25 AM

Apr 2018
I have several can't recall some but here:

1.One Piece - when Zoro got introduced
2.Haikyuu - when they reunited in HS, their banter was just solid
3.Snow White with Red hair - their initial interaction is just cute af
4.Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue - the dual pov
5.Tensei Shittara Slime - idk what hooked me but it just did the first few eps
6.Hakumei to Mikochi - I only saw the poster and premise for this and instantly knew I would love it. Right down my alley
"When I decided to follow my dream, I had already discarded my life.” -Roronoa Zoro
Apr 8, 2020 10:32 AM

Apr 2011
I have a lot in mind. The most memorable at the moment is The Promised Neverland. I took a break from anime, and it was the first thing I've watched in 2019. I got hooked on the first episode.

Apr 8, 2020 10:43 AM

Nov 2019
A Place Further Than The Universe: The first episode was so perfect, I got convinced that I'll love the show. Bit underwhelmed at the end, but wasn't too far from being right

Konosuba: That twist in the first episode got me hook, liner and sink

GATE: The simple idea of modern civilisation vs isekai medieval civilisation filled with cliched fantasy elements was enough to draw me in to this mindlessly entertaining shitfest
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 8, 2020 12:15 PM
Mar 2020
Tanaka Kun wa itsumo kedaruge.

I really liked the dynamic between Tanaka and Ohta so I instantly knew I'd love it even if all the other characters are shit.

Luckily, all the other characters are also fun to watch so I KNEW I'd definitely love it.
Apr 8, 2020 12:29 PM

Nov 2012
Most recent one that I can think of it Shokugeki no Souma because FOOOD. I like Souma's character and the animation is gorgeous. The over-the-top ecchi reaction still makes me cringe but I can live with it.

I also remember taking an immediate liking to Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. I adore the atypical MC, ML, and their interaction.

Apr 8, 2020 12:39 PM

Oct 2015
Most likely Hoshiai no Sora. I haven't even watched it yet but it's very unlikely I won't absolutely love it once I do, given what I know about it.
Apr 8, 2020 2:42 PM

Aug 2016
Quite a huge chunk of my favorites

Before 1st episode which doesn't change my opinion even if the first episode isn't excellent by any means:

Gintama (reading up on comments of it being a parody and how far it goes when making fun of things)
Keijo (one of the few times I actually watched a PV and that made me chuckle; really fun idea)
JoJo (it's me Dio meme and ORAORA meme)
Death Note (read the manga before watching anime, the first episode alone though would have caught my attention)

During 1st episode:
Sword of the Stranger (movie, but the very first scene won me already)
Samurai Champloo (the fight)
Golden Boy (toilet scene)
Hellsing Ultimate (once Alucard showed up)
Made in Abyss (when it showed the landscape of the abyss)

By end of 1st episode:
FMA:B
Hajime no Ippo
GiTS:SAC
Cowboy Bebop
Black Lagoon
Vinland Saga
Monster
Panty & Stocking
Hinamatsuri
Cells at Work

By end of 2nd episode:
Kaiji
Eizouken
Promised Neverland
Code Geass

Also technically Girls Und Panzer because I wanted to see tanks in action, but I didn't care about anything outside of that.
MechKingKillbotApr 8, 2020 2:52 PM
Apr 8, 2020 6:30 PM

Apr 2018
Nana ( I knew it's going to be in my favorite list after watching the first episode)

Made in Abyss ( Same with this one, from the first scene I knew this is going to be something special and at the end of first episode when the abyss was shown with all those soundtracks that's where I was sold)

Vinland saga ( I love historical setting anime)

Promised neverland ( I was hooked from the first episode)
Apr 8, 2020 7:03 PM

Sep 2019
Yes. Multiple in fact.

One Piece

Fairy Tail

Highschool DxD

Katekyo Hitman Reborn

FMAB

Yes, I know i'm generic, but I haven't watched to many anime as I watch 2 long series currently.
"I suffered all my life. No one ever truly loved me. No one ever truly cared about me. I only loved one thing in my whole life and that was Christina Menefee. But she was torn away from me. I tried to save myself with [student’s name], but she never cared for me. As it turns out, she made fun of me behind my back while we were together. And all throughout my life I was ridiculed. Always beaten, always hated. [...] I am malicious because I am miserable."

"It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony [...]"
-Luke Woodham

Apr 9, 2020 1:25 PM

Mar 2019
Kiss X Sis, Oniichan no Kota, Ishuzoku Reviewers, and the Virgin Psychics movie (live action but still Japanese) for the ecchis.

Kingdom, Death Note, and Hetalia Axis Powers for regular anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2020 1:29 PM
May 2019
- Death Note
- Code Geass
- Digimon Adventure
- Dragon Ball
- Madoka Magica
- FMA:B
- HxH
- Kakegurui
- AoT
- MHA
Apr 9, 2020 1:31 PM

Jun 2017
One of them would be Darwin's Game. I just love shows like this
Apr 9, 2020 1:59 PM

Aug 2018
Probably fate zero cause I already knew what I was going into when I started it and I just knew it was gonna be just my thing, and ye its still in my favourites list

Another one would be made in abyss, the moment I saw the sunrise shot with the music in the background I was like, "yep I'm going to love this one"

Also eizouken from last season, not only the art and characters are extremely refreshing, but it tackles a subject I'm interested in irl
yotiApr 9, 2020 2:04 PM
Apr 9, 2020 5:51 PM
Mar 2020
Rokka no Yuusha did this for me, the very first moments of the show absolutely drew me in, the setting, the characters, the enticing atmosphere and mystery instantly sold me.

No Game No Life also did this for me but that is mainly because I instantly felt at home lmao, I love video games, challenges, BiG bRaInS/strategy and especially the isekai genre, the character designs and art where absolutely perfect, everything I wanted in a duo pair, the pacing was super on point as well.
Apr 9, 2020 9:04 PM

Jun 2015
Kobato. I knew it was going to be something truly special after just starting it. The first episode just blew me away - I was already contemplating it being my favorite anime right there and then. Finished it about a week later, or so, and my assumptions were correct. Still my #1 after two years and having completed almost 2,000 anime.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Apr 10, 2020 10:36 PM

Feb 2018
mononoke, haikyuu, dororo, banana fish, colorful, sayoasa, paprika, NGE, kaguya-sama and a few others. i'm a very easily impressed person, so...
Apr 10, 2020 10:40 PM

Oct 2019
Haikyuu. The premise and the opening had me hyped even before watching the 1st episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Upcoming anime which might touch No.1 ranking on MAL (Prediction)

ZXEAN - Mar 27

47 by ZWS-Balance »»
5 minutes ago

» J. Michael Tatum Appreciation Thread

APolygons2 - 10 hours ago

13 by APolygons2 »»
10 minutes ago

» Best OG waifu (before year 2000) 😻 ( 1 2 )

flowstate - Apr 16, 2020

55 by MasterTasuke »»
14 minutes ago

» What are some anime memes from the late 2000's to early 2010's that you still remeber fondly ?

tchitchouan - 2 hours ago

2 by ZeroMajor12 »»
21 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

86 by Pokitaru »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.