Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 1, 2020 3:49 PM
Oct 2019
sakura_me said:
EDGE666 said:
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin is one of those under watched masterpieces, that were never popular but remain a cult classic, not alot of people watched it during its premiere but it definitely worth giving a shot

I honestly wished someone had recommended this to me. I ignored it more than once and when I finally watched it I was amazed by how great it was and ofc there were tears. Truly a masterpiece that should be popular. I almost never hear ppl talk about it. One of those animes that I will never forget I even think about it every now and then.

It's the same for me I ignored it a couple times until a saw a video of animes that will make you cry, and with me being one of those sick fucks that likes it when a show makes me cry, I gave it a go and I feel in love with it
Apr 1, 2020 7:08 PM

Mar 2019
guych said:
-EnvyV2- said:
Detective Conan
Naruto
Hajime no Ippo
Kaiji
Mushishi

Detective Conan is actually slept on. No one even knows what it is even though they have 940+ episodes and 20 movies

Ngl, I would never call Detective Conan "slept on." I think it's just not as popular in the west? Look, it's been over 20 years, still going and I know a tonnn of dc fans. From what I can tell, it's still pretty popular in Japan. But I understand what ya mean, more people should be watching, but it can be really hard to get someone into it: 940+ episodes is a big commitment.
Apr 1, 2020 8:51 PM
Mar 2020
personally i think all of rumiko takashi’s works is forgotten by most people. especially the oldies like ranma and maison ikkoku. even inuyasha is forgotten by most people. and rin-ne is definitely ignored by the general public. sad
Apr 1, 2020 9:02 PM

Jan 2015
mhkr said:
No mentions of Suzumiya Haruhi and Cardcaptor Sakura. Hmmmmm

Haruhi definitely feels forgotten considering how popular it used to be. Cardcaptor Sakura is a classic, definitely feels forgotten by most, probably more popular with those who are die-hard magical-girl/shoujo fans.
その目だれの目?
Apr 1, 2020 9:09 PM

Oct 2019
Takuto_Shindou said:
Tylaen said:
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. Yes, people tend to forget it exists a lot due to it's more popular twin and I'm puzzled by people saying people have forgotten FMAB. SMH!
FMA 2003 should have been number 1 here, Brotherhood sucks ass compared to it, and I watched it before 2003.
you're right only if the old FMA was complete it would be greater than the remake.

Apr 1, 2020 9:10 PM

Oct 2019
What about Uzumaki . The manga was great but the anime still seems lost....

Apr 1, 2020 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
Vilkku92 said:
Man, I had totally forgotten about Usagi Drop. I'm not sure if others have forgotten it too, but not many people talk about it.
Hard to forget, especially when you're told what the manga does ...

Damuzen said:
None of my friends have watched or even heard of Katanagatari for example
One of the more unique shows I've seen aswell, seen it 5 years ago but still remember the majority of it.

Shibha_Alam said:
Monster, it was and still is a masterpiece but I feel as if its been buried by a series of newer shows and forgotten about, or it may be that its just not talked about much
Honestly, thinking about makes me want to watch it again, it's definitely one of those shows ...
You're definitely right, you don't see a lot of people talk about it anymore. - I guess it seems too old to many new anime viewers.
Apr 1, 2020 11:14 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Most of them.

Consume. Forget. Consume. Forget. 2017 is old, according to one thread a while back.

Nothing's special anymore.

Apr 2, 2020 12:11 AM

Apr 2018
Kill Me Baby and Panty And Stocking. Two hilarious comedies that need to be talked about more!
Apr 2, 2020 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
Literally every fujo bait show in existence...

Hey kids? Remember Yuri on Ice and Hetalia existed? And also Durarara, Black Butler, Free, Kuroko no Basket, Ouran, Noragami, Seraph of the End and heck even Tokyo Ghoul and Bungou Stray Dogs? Remember how they used to storm themselves around Tumblr and Instagram thanks to fujos? They're barely talked about nowadays and now people in Reddit think that female weebs don't exist.

Pretty much half of the shows in my favorites also seem to have been kinda talked about less nowadays.
Apr 2, 2020 3:05 AM

Apr 2015
Full_anime_Fan said:
Takuto_Shindou said:
FMA 2003 should have been number 1 here, Brotherhood sucks ass compared to it, and I watched it before 2003.
you're right only if the old FMA was complete it would be greater than the remake.
You're going to have to complete that thought because I can think of two or perhaps three different interpretations.
Manaban said:
Most of them.

Consume. Forget. Consume. Forget. 2017 is old, according to one thread a while back.

Nothing's special anymore.
Insert consumerism here. What a wonderful world.
Apr 2, 2020 3:06 AM

Feb 2020
From what I've seen, Kaiba seemed to be pretty popular when it first aired, but now no one talks about it, as if it never existed, which is too bad because it is an amazing series.
Apr 2, 2020 3:06 AM

Apr 2017
Baka to Test....

Miss it so much....
Apr 2, 2020 3:17 AM
Oct 2018
No one talks about slam dunk, it is the best sports anime I've watched. People don't seem to remember psycho pass,parasyte or even monster anymore.
Apr 2, 2020 3:28 AM
May 2018
I'm complete opposite.

I remember very well old(er) anime, while pretty much everything latest is for me, well, it's like it doesn't even exist.

Like, I see there is something Kami no To that seems like it matters to a lot of people, but I just don't register it.
Apr 2, 2020 3:43 AM

Nov 2016
Plenty of good anime are getting forgotten by the majority and you can't help it tbh.

Just from 2017 to now we had

Sakura Quest
Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine
Sakurada Reset
Konohana Kitan
Garo: Vanishing Line
Killing Bites
Gakuen Babysitters
Mitsuboshi Colors
Hisone to Maso-tan
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Happy Sugar Life
Uzamaid
Hinomaruzumou
Irodoku
My Roommate is a Cat
Senryuu Shoujo
RobiHachi
Kanata no Astra
Joshikousei no Mudazukai
Machikadou Mazoku

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2020 4:54 AM

Jan 2017
The first one that comes to mind is Gungrave and the second one is School Rumble.
Apr 2, 2020 10:18 AM

Oct 2008
Tsubasa Cronicle
Blood+
Saiyuuki
Durarara
Phantom Requiem for the phantom

And others I can't remember.
Apr 2, 2020 11:09 PM

Jul 2015
I hope nobody is forgetting about Code Geass. I just rewatched it recently, saw the new movie, and I love it even more than I did when I first saw it. This show is an absolute masterpiece.

caught in the wonder
Apr 29, 2020 4:45 AM

Apr 2020
Welcome to NHK , it's a really good show about an hikkikimori(shut in) who wants to leave his hikkikimori life but is dragged by his past
I think it is been forgotten and not seen many people talking about it
Apr 29, 2020 4:47 AM
Jul 2018
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's deserves all the love in the world and people should stop nostalgia spamming the original or GX. 5D's is far superior to every other single YGO out there. Imo both the best card game anime and motorcycle sports anime ever made.
Apr 29, 2020 10:48 AM

Jul 2017
d.gray man
paranoia agent
full metal panic

these are the only three i could think of
Apr 29, 2020 10:58 AM

Aug 2018
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Welcome to NHK , it's a really good show about an hikkikimori(shut in) who wants to leave his hikkikimori life but is dragged by his past
I think it is been forgotten and not seen many people talking about it

That show is extremely common in favorites lists all over this site. It's not forgotten.

Juuni Kokuki
Dennou Coil
Kemono no Souja Erin

These are three shows of high quality that seems to have been lost in the mists of time. Honorable mention goes to:

Hitsugi no Chaika

a good anime that only barely fell short of greatness that I think perfectly exemplifies the thread topic. When much more mediocre titles get tons of hype somehow this one fell through the cracks.

Apr 29, 2020 1:56 PM
Apr 2018
There are just too many to name all of them, but now that I think about it, when was the last time I heard anyone mention Haibane Renmei? It is really, really good.
Apr 29, 2020 2:14 PM
Jan 2019
Usagi Drop, Glass Mask, and Hayate no Gotoku come to mind immediately.

Usagi Drop was huge when it came out. Great show and it has aged really well, but i guess it's more infamous now for the manga ending than it is popular for the anime adaptation, and that is really sad imo.

Glass Mask is probably one of the best shoujo series I have ever seen, and I wasn't watching anime in 2005 when the remake came out, and I especially wasn't watching anime in 1989 when the original came out (was not born for 9 more years), but to my understanding, Glass Mask was very popular back then (at least in Japan). I have never even heard anyone talk about Glass Mask outside of fan forums.

When is the last time anyone even talked about Hayate no Gotoku? The first two seasons animated by JC Staff were absolute gold when they aired, but I feel like Manglobe taking over the series in 2012 was the downfall of the show. The movie in 2011 was decent, but it was all downhill from there. Can't Take my Eyes off You was bad, and the follow up season 4, Cuties was just an insult to Hayate no Gotoku fans. Also it doesn't help that the series relied heavily on parodying anime of the time, which has caused it to age quite poorly.
Sep 16, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
The Vision of Escaflowne and Cat's Eye don't get much attention nowadays.
Sep 16, 2021 10:29 AM

Nov 2019
Well, I just watched it, so I didn't forget about it, but I think Pandora Hearts deserves more attention.
Sep 16, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2021
kenichi the greatest disciple. i love that show but it seems to have disappeared from the face of the planet. i hate to say it but tenchi muyo as well i thought it was a pretty good show for what it was.
Sep 16, 2021 8:31 PM

Mar 2021
LoveLikeBlood said:
Tylaen said:
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. Yes, people tend to forget it exists a lot due to it's more popular twin and I'm puzzled by people saying people have forgotten FMAB. SMH!

I'm one of the few people who considers it on par with Brotherhood.

I have yet to fully watch Brotherhood and I will be surprised if I like it as much as the 2003 version. The Nina episodes alone absolutely destroys Brotherhoods version.

I remember the 2003 version being incredibly popular at the time. It's sad that some parts of the fanbase like to pretend that it's shit now just because Brotherhood exists.

-Hermit-Sep 16, 2021 8:36 PM
Sep 16, 2021 9:31 PM

Aug 2021
Warau Salesman. though the MAL ratings may say otherwise, i personally think both seasons of it are quite entertaining, although the episodic nature of it will definitely turn a lot of people away. the original version is being aired in this youtube channel (RAW though), please give it a watch!
Sep 16, 2021 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
@alshu

Thanks for all those recommendations
I was searching for more hidden gems 😎
Sep 16, 2021 11:28 PM

May 2018
Aerosmith224 said:
@alshu

Thanks for all those recommendations
I was searching for more hidden gems 😎

Here's the updated version sorted by category and production year:

Three categories:
- Known but for some reason behind the corner
- Known but misunderstood
- Hidden gems

Known but for some reason behind the corner:

1974 - Uchuu Senkan Yamato
1978 - Takarajima
1980 - Tom Sawyer no Bouken
1982 - Space Cobra
1983 - Soukou Kihei Votoms ; Golgo 13
1984 - Meitantei Holmes
1986 - Vampire Hunter D
1987 - Ouritsu Uchuugun: Honneamise no Tsubasa ; Robot Carnival ; Manie-Manie: Meikyuu Monogatari
1988 - Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor OVA
1989 - Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor Movie
1990 - Cat Ninden Teyandee (aka Samurai Pizza Cats)
1991 - Roujin Z ; Kikou Ryouhei Mellowlink
1992 - Giant Robo The Animation ; Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki
1993 - Musekinin Kanchou Tylor ; Juubee Ninpuuchou ; Patlabor 2 the Movie
1994 - Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki (1994)
1995 - Slayers
1996 - Memories ; Slayers Next ; Burn-up W ; Tetsuwan Birdy
1997 - Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar ; Slayers Try ; Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (1997) ; Burn-up Exces
1998 - Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou ; Golgo 13: Queen Bee ; Spriggan
1999 - The Big O ; Jin-Rou
2000 - Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar Final ; Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust ; Blood: The Last Vampire
2001 - Nekojiru-soup ; Metropolis ; Mahou Yuugi 2D + Mahou Yuugi 3D
2002 - Tenchi Muyou! GXP ; Azumanga Daioh ; Princess Tutu
2003 - Macross Zero ; The Big O (2003) ; Kino no Tabi (2003) ; The Animatrix ; Fullmetal Panic? Fumoffu ; Tokyo Godfathers ; Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki (2003) ; Planetes
2004 - Appleseed (2004) ; Steamboy ; Fantastic Children ; Gankutsuou
2005 - Karas ; Sousei no Aquarion ; Hachimitsu to Clover ; Fullmetal Panic! The Second Raid ; Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
2006 - Hachimitsu to Clover II ; Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
2007 - Nodame Cantabile ; Hidamari Sketch ; Lovely Complex ; Stranger: Mukou Hadan ; Appleseed Saga Ex Machina ; Soukou Kihei Votoms: Pailsen Files
2008 - Macross Frontier ; Hidamari Sketch x 365 ; Tetsuwan Birdy Decode ; Bounen no Xamdou ; Detroit Metal City ; Cobra The Animation: The Psychogun ; Nodame Cantabile: Paris Hen
2009 - Cobra The Animation: Time Drive
2010 - Cobra The Animation (2010) ; Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu ; Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu ; Nodame Cantabile: Finale ; Katanagatari ; Working!! ; Soukou Kihei Votoms: Gen'ei Hen ; Shinryaku! Ika Musume
2011 - Gosick ; Tiger & Bunny ; Sket Dance ; Shinryaku!? Ika Musume ; Carnival Phantasm ; Hidamari Sketch x SP
2012 - Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 ; Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ; Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA ; Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ; Kokoro Connect ; Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb ; Saint Onii-san (2012)
2013 - Saint Onii-san (2013) ; Uchouten Kazoku, Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013) ; Hidamari Sketch: Sae Hiro Sotsugyou Hen
2014 - Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns ; Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
2015 - Working!!! ; Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns (2015)
2017 - ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka ; Youjo Senki ; Uchouten Kazoku 2 ; Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
2018 - Sora yori mo Tooi Basho ; Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan ; B: The Beginning ; Hataraku Saibou
2019 - Kemurikusa ; Youjo Senki Movie
2020 - Id:Invaded ; Zashiki-warashi no Tatami-chan ; Appare Ranman! ; Maoujou de Oyasumi ; Akudama Drive
2021 - Fate/Grand Carnival ; Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu You na Monogatari

Known but misunderstood:

1988 - Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Waga Yuku wa Hoshi no Taikai - people often miss this pilot to LOTGH, it's a nice way to test the waters if you gonna like the frenchise or not.
1998 - Geobreeders: File-X Chibi Neko Dakkan - at first glance it's a standard MOE ecchi thing, but it has unexpected abouts of nicely done action and surreal humour.
2000 - Geobreeders 2: Mouryou Yuugekitai File-XX Ransen Toppa
2002 - Overman King Gainer - people are taking it too seriously, it's supposed to be crazy and desiderating.
2004 - Area 88 (2004) - everybody remembers remembers only the OVA, but I think the TV was nice.
2014 - Terra Formars OAD - the only good part of the Terra Formars franchise.
2014 - Gundam G no Reconguista - see Overman King Gainer.
2015 - Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - it's a parody, a caricature and it has tonsl with political stuff, but people took it for battle shounen and were disappointed.
2016 - Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song
2019 - Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai - you watch this show for the gorgeous aerial dog fights, the rest is trash.
2020 - BNA - it's a fun little conspiracy show not a failed attempt at SJW title

Hidden gems:

1968 - Sabu to Ichi Torimono Hikae
1981 - Kazoku Robinson Hyouryuuki: Fushigi na Shima no Flon
1982 - Kagaku Kyuujo-tai TechnoVoyager
1983 - Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam
1984 - Giant Gorg ; SF Shin Seiki Lensman + Galactic Patrol Lensman
1986 - Uchuusen Sagittarius
1987 - Black Magic M-66 ; X Densha de Ikou
1988 - Dominion
1989 - Venus Senki
1990 - Teki wa Kaizoku: Neko-tachi no Kyouen ; Kumo no You ni Kaze no You ni
1991 - Trapp Ikka Monogatari
1993 - Ghost Sweeper Mikami ; Tokusou Senshatai Dominion ; Orguss 02 OVA (you can skip on the horrible TV series from the 80s)
1994 - Nanatsu no Umi no Tico ; Iria: Zeiram - The Animation ; Ghost Sweeper Mikami: Gokuraku Daisakusen!! ; Darkside Blues ; Aozora Shoujotai.
1995 - El-Hazard: The Magnificent World
1996 - Mahou Tsukai Tai!
1998 - 6 Gou and Kujira no Chouyaku
1999 - Hoohokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun
2000 - Hidamari no Ki
2001 - Spirit of Wonder: Shounen Kagaku Club ; Zone of the Enders 2167 Idolo ; Zone of the Enders Dolores,I ; Animation Seisaku Shinkou Kuromi-chan
2002 - Trava: Fist Planet ; WXIII: Patlabor the Movie 3 ; Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai ; Sentou Yousei Yukikaze ; Gun Frontier ; Hanada Shounen-shi ; Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Quiet Country Cafe
2003 - Aru Tabibito no Nikki
2004 - Animation Seisaku Shinkou Kuromi-chan 2 ; Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu ; Kakurenbo ; Yakitate!! Japan ; Mankatsu
2006 - Giniro no Kami no Agito ; Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings ; Project Blue Chikyuu SOS ; Black Blood Brothers ; Ghost Hunt ; Shin SOS Dai Tokyo Tankentai ; Freedom
2007 - Kafka Inaka Isha ; Highlander: The Search for Vengeance ; Genius Party ; Sketchbook: Full Color's
2008 - Fireball ; Toshokan Sensou ; Zettai Karen Children ; Batman: Gotham Knight ; Mouryou no Hako ; Genius Party Beyond ; Touhou Niji Sousaku Doujin Anime
2009 - Kurokami The Animation ; Senjou no Valkyria: Valkyria Chronicles ; Natsu no Arashi! ; Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike ; Cencoroll
2010 - Uchuu Show e Youkoso ; Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin ; Otome Youkai Zakuro ; Soredemo Machi wa Mawatte Iru
2011 - Rain Town ; Fireball Charming ; Senjou no Valkyria 3: Unrecorded Chronicles - Tagatame no Juusou ; Touhou Gensou Mangekyou
2012 - Buta ; Wasurenagumo ; Kuromajo-san ga Tooru!! ; Joshiraku ; Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
2013 - Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke ; Senyuu. ; Joshiraku OVA ; Servant x Service
2014 - Tonari no Seki-kun ; Danna ga Nani o Itte Iruka Wakaranai Ken ; Magic Kaito 1412 ; Imawa no Kuni no Alice OVA
2015 - Yoru no Yatterman ; Danna ga Nani o Itte Iruka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sureme ; Punch Line
2016 - Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge ; Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou ; Nobunaga no Shinobi ; Bernard-jou Iwaku
2017 - Onihei ; Nobunaga no Shinobi: Ise Kanegasaki Hen ; Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017) ; Fireball Humorous
2018 - Hakumei to Mikochi ; Hisone to Masotan ; Tsukumogami Kashimasu
2019 - Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki ; Cencoroll 2 ; Obsolete
2020 - Fireball Gebaude Baude
2021 - Youjo Shachou

Sep 16, 2021 11:39 PM

Aug 2009
Escaflowne. It's pretty good; solid recommendation. But people that are younger than me probably won't watch it because of the flood of modern isekai over the past several years.

yeah111 said:
The Vision of Escaflowne and Cat's Eye don't get much attention nowadays.

Thanks for knowing the vibes.

Sep 16, 2021 11:53 PM

Sep 2012
this gem... no one talks about it unless they recommend it for a new friend,
THE MVP Recommendation for newbie (ofc joking around)
Sep 16, 2021 11:57 PM

Dec 2020
Yu Yu Hakusho
Ghost In The Shell
Blue Exorcist
Wolf Children
Sep 17, 2021 12:24 AM

Oct 2020
-Blood+
This show right here used to be liked and talked by quite a lot of people when it was airing on Adult Swim. It's pretty much abandoned now lmao.

-InuYasha
Where are y'all man? Y'all used to be hanging around the internet praising Kagome and Sesshoumaru.

-Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Y'all used to love this show. Proven by a staggering score of 8.40+ back at the time when it airs. Now it's pretty much known to be a shitty AoT clone.

-Noragami
Yeah, I know a lot of people still watch it, but I barely know people talk about it again.

-Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Where tf all the praise go? Y'all used to love this series.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Sep 17, 2021 12:29 AM

Jun 2020
nodame cantabile

Sakamichi no Apollon
Sep 17, 2021 12:32 AM

Mar 2015
alshu said:
Some titles (almost chronologically) that I would like having more attention directed towards them:
(And on topic I never heard bad things about those.)

Sabu to Ichi Torimono Hikae (sadly the fansub is on hiatus)
Hi no Tori 2772: Ai no CosmoZone
Kazoku Robinson Hyouryuuki: Fushigi na Shima no Flone
Kagaku Kyuujo-tai TechnoVoyager
Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam
Giant Gorg
SF Shin Seiki Lensman
Vampire Hunter D and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Uchuusen Sagittarius
Ouritsu Uchuugun: Honneamise no Tsubasa
Youjuu Toshi
Black Magic M-66
Robot Carnival
Manie-Manie: Meikyuu Monogatar
X Densha de Ikou
Dominion and New Dominion
Kikou Ryouhei Mellowlink (people are generally aware of Votoms but not this spin-off)
Venus Senki
Teki wa Kaizoku: Neko-tachi no Kyouen
Cat Ninden Teyandee
Trapp Ikka Monogatari
Roujin Z
Giant Robo The Animation
Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki + Tenchi Muyou! GXP
Musekinin Kanchou Tylor + OVA
Ghost Sweeper Mikami
Orguss 02 OVA
Nanatsu no Umi no Tico
Iria: Zeiram - The Animation
Darkside Blues
Aozora Shoujotai
Slayers all seasons
Memories
Mahou Tsukai Tai! + TV
Tetsuwan Birdy + TV
Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar + Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar Final
Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo all seasons and movies
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Spriggan
Ao no 6 Gou
Hoohokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun
The Big O
Ayashi no Ceres
VanDread
Spirit of Wonder: Shounen Kagaku Club
Zone of the Enders 2167 Idolo + Zone of the Enders Dolores,I
Animation Seisaku Shinkou Kuromi-chan + Animation Seisaku Shinkou Kuromi-chan 2
Metropolis
Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai
Azumanga Daioh
Princess Tutu
Sentou Yousei Yukikaze
Overman King Gainer
Aru Tabibito no Nikki
Last Exile
Interstella5555
The Animatrix
Tokyo Godfathers
Planetes
Dead Leaves
Midori no Hibi
Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu + OVA
Appleseed (2004) + Ex Machina + Alfa
Kakurenbo
Fantastic Children
School Rumble
Yakitate!! Japan
Karas
Sousei no Aquarion
Hachimitsu to Clover + Hachimitsu to Clover II
Zettai Seigi Love Pheromone + Sore Yuke! Gedou Otometai
Pale Cocoon
Giniro no Kami no Agito
Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings
Oban Star-Racers
Juuousei
Project Blue Chikyuu SOS
Toki o Kakeru Shoujo
Black Blood Brothers
Ghost Hunt
Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi + OVA
Shin SOS Dai Tokyo Tankentai
Freedom
Afro Samurai
Nodame Cantabile all seasons, specials and OVAs
Hidamari Sketch all seasons, specials and OVAs
Kafka Inaka Isha
Lovely Complex
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance
Genius Party + Genius Party 2
Sketchbook: Full Color`s
Zettai Karen Children + Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke
Soul Eater
Toshokan Sensou
Golgo 13 (2008)
Nijuu-Mensou no Musume
Tsumiki no Ie
Batman: Gotham Knight
Bounen no Xamdou
Sky Crawlers
Detroit Metal City
Cobra The Animation everything after 2008
Mouryou no Hako
Kurokami The Animation
Senjou no Valkyria: Valkyria Chronicles + Senjou no Valkyria 3: Unrecorded Chronicles
Natsu no Arashi! + Natsu no Arashi 2
Summer Wars
Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu all seasons, specials and OVAs
Katanagatari
Uchuu Show e Youkoso
Working all seasons
Heroman
Arakawa Under the Bridge + Arakawa Under the Bridge 2
Trigun: Badlands Rumble - everibody is ignoring this nice movie
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Shinryaku! Ika Musume all seasons, specials and OVAs
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatte Iru
Mazinkaizer SKL
Gosick
Level E
Rain Town
Tiger & Bunny + the second movie
Sket Dance
Usagi Drop
Carnival Phantasm
Un-Go + movie
Kill Me Baby
Buta
Wasurenagumo
Kuromajo-san ga Tooru!!
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Binbougami ga!
Joshiraku + OVA
Kokoro Connect + specials
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Teekyuu all seasons
Saint Onii-san + movie
Senyuu. + Senyuu. 2
Suisei no Gargantia + specials
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
Servant x Service
Uchouten Kazoku + Uchouten Kazoku 2
Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013)
Tokyo Ravens
Tonari no Seki-kun + specials
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun + specials
Danna ga Nani o Itte Iruka Wakaranai Ken + Danna ga Nani o Itte Iruka Wakaranai Ken 2
Imawa no Kuni no Alice
Sengoku Musou + special
Anime de Wakaru Shinryounaika
Punch Line
Ninja Slayer from Animation
Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou + Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou 2
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
Kaijuu Girls + Kaijuu Girls 2
Nobunaga no Shinobi all seasons
Bernard-jou Iwaku
Onihei
Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017)
Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan
Hakumei to Mikochi
B: The Beginning
Tsukumogami Kashimasu
Kemurikusa
Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai
Ultraman
Cencoroll Connect
Obsolete

Thanks for the list. I've seen a fair chunks of these and will watch the rest.
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Sep 17, 2021 12:35 AM

Mar 2018
I don't how how popular these series were in the past, but they deserve more attention...

Baccano, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, Guin Saga, Houseki no Kuni, Spice and Wolf, Juuni Kokuki, Seirei no Moribito, Erin, Nodame Cantabile, Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiments Lain, Kaiba, Tatamy Galaxy, Gankutsuou, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, Planetes, Texhnolyse, Patlabor Mobile Police, Glass Mask, Nana, Rainbow...
Sep 17, 2021 12:37 AM

Feb 2021
Metropolis (2001), felt like a long lost fever dream

Sep 17, 2021 12:55 AM
Jan 2021
Nobody ever talks about the masterpiece called gosick
Sep 17, 2021 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
I feel like people have forgotten serial experiments lain
Sep 17, 2021 8:19 AM

Dec 2007
Oh boy I'm going to be really bad at trying to judge what seems forgotten, but I'll give this a shot. So looking over my list of shows that I loved and rated highly and are a bit older, but don't seem talked about anymore really.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Ok, this was perhaps the biggest anime for like 1-2 years. It was very influential, hit at this perfect moment in time for it, was incredibly well received and honestly it was amazing. People just seem to forget that this was probably the most... important, influential, well received, loved anime for a couple of years. And it's not even that old! I mean for fans old enough you basically had FMA rule over the western anime world, until basically Attack on Titan came out as something that rivaled it's popularity, but in-between them for a short time it was this.

The Vision of Escaflowne - God this was beyond huge at the time. Back when iseki wasn't really a thing, this was it. One of the all time legendary romance / fantasy anime. Easily was on the short list of best / most popular series in the late 90s, early 00s and now it's just... nothing. I mean I get people are tired of iseki,, but this was doing it over 20 years ago.

Vampire Hunter D / Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - D used to be one of the most recognizable anime characters, but I feel like now if you ask someone what they think of D they will give you a blank stare. Bloodlust I feel is still the most beautiful, well animated anime ever made and it's over 20 years old.

Ninja Scroll - Ok so I know a lot of my stuff and reasoning behind it is skewing towards older fans from a different era of fandom, but anyone who remembers when it was basically Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll as the only 3 anime you could rent from your local video rental store know this anime's importance and impact. Also plus I mean, it's pretty freaking badass. All of those overused clichés and tropes didn't always use to be that way. And gotta appreciate the stuff that was doing it before some of those things became like that.

His and Her Circumstances - Easily a Mt. Rushmore of romance / shoujo. While yes the anime couldn't really pull off what the manga deserved it was still a classic, Plus this was one of the anime that truly made Gainax, Gainax. It was the show after Evangelion, so having this as its follow up was crazy to think of.

Just a few quick hits here;
Ah! My Goddess - Again for anime fans, this was a household name and Belldandy was one of the most recognizable faces.
Azumanga Daoih - Probably my favorite comedy ever.
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - Weird saying that the movie that kind of made Ghibli is forgotten, but well, it kinda seems that way. Also a masterpiece.
Gungrave - I mean it's not some all-timer, but man this show was cool and pretty popular. Maybe the dumb name doesn't help haha.
Sep 17, 2021 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
-Hermit- said:
LoveLikeBlood said:

I'm one of the few people who considers it on par with Brotherhood.

I have yet to fully watch Brotherhood and I will be surprised if I like it as much as the 2003 version. The Nina episodes alone absolutely destroys Brotherhoods version.

I remember the 2003 version being incredibly popular at the time. It's sad that some parts of the fanbase like to pretend that it's shit now just because Brotherhood exists.

Gotta agree, 2003 is solid, FMAB is mostly fandom circlejerking + manga purism.

Yes 2003 doesn't follow the (unfinished at the time) manga. And then? What's so great about that cheesy conspiration story and uninspired villain in Brotherhood?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 58 minutes ago

5 by nishant0 »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

18 by Richard_Senpai »»
4 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

23 by Kurgo »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 6 hours ago

13 by 23feanor »»
19 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 4 hours ago

14 by LoveYourEyes »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.