Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 12 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2020 3:07 AM

Jan 2014
"Who let the boss out!!!" Random Guilds
Mar 26, 2020 3:20 AM

Mar 2010
Finally an end to first season of this anime.

I really like Payne, thought he was some loser or something. Turn out he was a great man.

Looking back, I just realized that the way Maple skill progression was really absurd:

sleep on forest -> get unique skill + vit stat -> literally eat first boss, solo -> get unique armor/skill -> won first event -> somehow, win against (supposedly) unbeatable boss in 2nd event -> get pet -> won 2nd event -> get bigger pet/fly -> use pet to get angel form -> using pet, accidentally stumble into random quest in some random forest -> get Atrocity form -> flying using pet, falling and supposed to die to height (probably devs way to block the quest), survive using Atrocity to unlock another quest -> get Machine God Form -> win 4th event

All because she sleep at the forest xD

All in all, very fun anime.

Mar 26, 2020 4:27 AM

Oct 2007
WaHwA said:
Finally an end to first season of this anime.

I really like Payne, thought he was some loser or something. Turn out he was a great man

yeah, I was surprised about that too. He did not even curse when he lost. Just want a rematch, so he can "pay back" Maple. Only Fredericka complain.

survive using Atrocity to unlock another quest -> get Machine God Form -> win 4th event

All because she sleep at the forest xD

All in all, very fun anime.

don't forget. She obtained the gundam because she helped a hungry old man. Only after helping him did she think it might be a quest, not before. Which makes me think that she would have helped him even if she gain nothing from it. Being kind help her to gain more power. :)
Mar 26, 2020 4:50 AM

Jun 2016
this is light version of Tate no Yuusha Nariagari ..

not too good but its okay

overall 7,5/10
Mar 26, 2020 9:14 AM

May 2015
OH MY GOD THAT WAS SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved every bit of that episode. Seeing Maple LITERALLY EAT EVERYONE was hilarious. Imagine if she actually got skills from eating them XD.

But of course the best parts of the episode were Mii's face to seeing Maple monster and that beautiful angelic smile at the end. GOD SHE'S TOO CUTE!!! You literally couldnt make something cuter if you tried.

And this day will forever be known as the Maple slaughter. XD
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 26, 2020 9:37 AM

Feb 2011
I hope there's a season two. I loved the ending with all the guild masters teaming up. I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. Watching Maple's gradual progression was very enjoyable every week and each skill was cool.

It wasn't "a realistic rpg" like some are complaining but who cares? It's anime, we have people that shoot laser beams out of their eyes but an rpg game is unrealistic. Wack.

Anyway. The fight scene with the 7 maple demons was hilarious. The whole anime was great.

Mar 26, 2020 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
definitely passed the time but nothing special or memorable at all - dry writing.
Mar 26, 2020 10:31 AM

Jan 2019
If I get into vrmmo like New World, Ill definitely eat anything and everything. THX Maple
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] aa[/font]

Mar 26, 2020 10:32 AM

Dec 2018
Imma be real, this anime was really fun and cute af. Nothing revolutionary but this was a very fun anime to watch.
Mar 26, 2020 11:26 AM
Jul 2019
definitely my best anime of this season and season 2 is confirmed, damn i cant wait :D
Mar 26, 2020 12:20 PM
Oct 2016
I checked out what to expect from 2nd season and BOY Maple broke the GAME!
her stats are broken ALmost 15 000 VIT!!!(and other have barely 300 in other stats)
Mar 26, 2020 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
Nice way to end it and I am looking forward to the next season.
Mar 26, 2020 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
Masterrazor said:
Janethan23 said:
If you want female protagonists that are strong and dominant then may I suggest that you focus on the SHOUJO category and subcategories Fantasy, action, mystery, mecha, military, isekai, sports etc. You'll get your fill of female empowerment as long as you stay clear of the Shounen category (male).

That wasn't what I was referring to. What I meant is the fact the majority of anime that comes out at least around 90% of the time has a male protagonist. Sure there is anime out there that has female protagonists, but the majority of the shows are male MC's.
Sister I hear you but you need to accept the fact that the market share (audience) that support the anime industry in Japan and mostly throughout the world are men, so ofcourse there would be relatively more shows aimed to the majority audience. The Japanese have a very good relationship with it's buying public. They listen and give what their people want and that's why their industries/economy isn't struggling like other countries would. In the west it's the exact opposite. Forcing identity politics and political agendas first than listen to the consensus choice that people traditionally accepted as appropriate. That said; look at the growing list of failures western companies have put out considered as appropriate entertainment. Look it up, google it
I don't believe that the anime industry is unfairly disproportionately towards women. It's more like the ratio : for every 10 anime titles released it's 5 to shounen, 4 to shoujo and lastly 1 to the Dōseiai (gay) audience.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 26, 2020 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
I really enjoyed this series, very good story and had a lot of great and funny moments.

Very happy to hear it's getting a 2nd season
Mar 26, 2020 5:34 PM

Dec 2016
A special and miraculous encounter, it draws a miracle Ultimate unbalance* - BOFURI OP

Perfect summary of this anime. :D 8/10

*source: https://www.animesonglyrics.com/itai-no-wa-iya-nano-de-bougyoryoku-ni-kyokufuri-shitai-to-omoimasu/kykyoku-unbalance#tab2
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 26, 2020 5:56 PM
Sep 2019
Wow, nice ending. But damn Maple too op, but I guess she was just playing the game normally. Games sure are nice huh. Anime and manga etc. too
Mar 26, 2020 11:17 PM

Mar 2010
Liddo-kun said:

yeah, I was surprised about that too. He did not even curse when he lost. Just want a rematch, so he can "pay back" Maple. Only Fredericka complain.

Yeah, can't wait for their rematch in S2, hopefully.

Honestly though, with the way this is progressing, I feel like Maple is going to become last boss-esque of the game with everyone's goal is to try to take her down in every event. xD

Liddo-kun said:
don't forget. She obtained the gundam because she helped a hungry old man. Only after helping him did she think it might be a quest, not before. Which makes me think that she would have helped him even if she gain nothing from it. Being kind help her to gain more power. :)

Ah yes, very good point. And that is also so sweet :D
Mar 27, 2020 1:53 AM
Nov 2015
The ending many picture slide show proof how they cannot fit all the LN content and many cut content for the anime it self.

Feel very rush but it's understandable with this extremely short 12 episode only.
Mar 27, 2020 4:35 AM

Apr 2014
This was an awesome show. I can't wait for the 2nd season. Also, was it just me or that scene with multiple Maples was a slight tribute to God Warriors from Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind?

Mar 27, 2020 5:14 AM

Jan 2018
I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2 HOLY SHIT MAPLE. this is amazing, I can't believed I looked forward to someone bullshitting their way through the game. やぱり、マプルは本当にすばらしなピレーヤだ。<3
Mar 27, 2020 5:59 AM

Nov 2017
Awesome series! Cute series! The fight with Payne and co was kinda weird though. When Maple transformed they all just stood there getting picked up.. okay?
I lowkey hope for a bit more real life instead of online life in the next season.

plz @ me
Mar 27, 2020 1:00 PM
Sep 2016
Love it when the GMs decided not to nerf maple again.. Waiting for season 2 <3
Mar 27, 2020 1:33 PM

Sep 2019
I will probably watch season 2 in hope it gets better. Actually found this anime boring but it has some good approaches. So 4/10 for me.
Mar 27, 2020 5:40 PM

Oct 2007
rank 12 achieved on trending! The 218 dislikes are no match for the 19,000 likes. :p

Mar 28, 2020 2:56 PM

Feb 2020
This anime is great! Also, really liked the art

Kyoto Animation rocks
Mar 28, 2020 5:24 PM

Jul 2009
If you don't know about the novels or manga, the anime is definitely an enjoyable watch. 8/10

The battle with the Holy Swords was changed now and the follow up of the event was skipped a bit.
Shin's sword is supposed to be a generic sword and his skill is supposed to destroy his sword. The anime makes it look like a special sword.
They made Atrocity far more overpowered than it is..? Lasers are a lie! The Phantom World duplication skill has a short duration too but they made it look like it lasted so long!?
.. and Maple, almost as if bragging (as an airhead of course), invites Payne & Mii's groups to the party after adding them to her friends because I've become a strong player so I should have strong players on my friends list.. Where is my beloved GoddessAirhead!?
kyled00mMar 28, 2020 5:28 PM
Mar 28, 2020 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
NERF MAPLE PLEASE! THAT'S ALL.
ARRRGGGHHHH! S2 HYPE HERE WE GO!!!
5/5.
8/10.

Mar 29, 2020 2:15 AM

Mar 2017
RUN! IT'S GODZILLA!

Actually while it looks like GODZILLA it actually is not. But you should run like it is GODZILLA because it is MAPLE!

Making friends out of those who want to kill her... Eating enemies, having forms out the wazoo... That seems very DragonBall. Except with way more cute girls doing cute things.

The most surprising and unique thing in this anime is the forum chat and it makes the game feel more realistic. "You've been infected with Maple. Acquired skill Maple" people reacting in the world about how broken the game is when it is broken AF is something that needs to be standard when your game anime is broken af.

Glad more is on the way. This is fun.

Mar 29, 2020 11:46 AM

Dec 2013
I always had a problem with the balancing of that game but it was nice getting to know the other two guilds and how broken they are too, it was also pretty funny with the GMs saying fuck it to trying to nerf her, I do hope the next season the rest of her teammates get a nice power upgrade like Kuromu and Kanade, specially the twins.
Mar 29, 2020 5:39 PM

Oct 2007
Noy_Telinu said:

The most surprising and unique thing in this anime is the forum chat and it makes the game feel more realistic. "You've been infected with Maple. Acquired skill Maple" people reacting in the world about how broken the game is when it is broken AF is something that needs to be standard when your game anime is broken af.

+1 to the forum chat feature. Really gives the vibe that we are playing a game. It's the first time I've seen it done an anime like this. :)
Mar 29, 2020 5:45 PM

Nov 2017
Maple Kaiju x7?
Jeez,never hope to meet that in an mmo.
Didn't think I'd enjoy this anime as much as I did.
Can't wait to see what new skills she gets in S2,and the other Maple Tree members of course.
Mar 29, 2020 5:48 PM

Nov 2017
Liddo-kun said:
Noy_Telinu said:

+1 to the forum chat feature. Really gives the vibe that we are playing a game. It's the first time I've seen it done an anime like this. :)

Same here,I actually enjoyed pausing the ends of the eps just so i could read what was being said.Quite a unique feature and just made it all the better.
Mar 29, 2020 6:45 PM

Jul 2017
Just binge watched The Rising of the Shield Loli eheh.

While i do thing is good and It's definitely enjoyable to pass the time, it's not something that spectacular. I think what i liked the most were the characters, mainly our duo, Maple and Sally. Its a soothing anime about their adventures, and im totally looking forward for more!

7/10, 2nd season, come!
Mar 29, 2020 8:54 PM
Jan 2020
It was enjoyable. Enjoyable until it decided to be a power fantasy revolving around Maple (even if it was painfully clear from the opening spoiling everything about this anime). Loved watching the battles with video game bosses. They looked really good. Characters might as well dont exist outside of commenting on Maple. Maple herself is a generic Mary Sue by the end of the show. No longer is being ditsy or the initial hook of how slow she is there. Absolutely no tension/stakes when she received the ability to transform into a boss monster and an instance-only buff aka Machine God.

Wont even start with the logic and how the game works. Thats a whole can of worms in of itself. Freaking Sword Art Online made more sense than this anime. Thats a feat in of itself.

Would've been better if they never involved PvP because thats where it just starts to make no sense at all.
Mar 29, 2020 9:38 PM
Oct 2017
Led_Wayline said:
I knew she was going to trigger that 1 HP skill and [Atrocity].

But damn, I did not expect Sally to clone the [Atrocity]. Seeing seven of those monsters was insane. No mercy...

Kanade is also there, he/she casted phantom world if not Sally mirage does not have a real forms, once damage it will disappear otherwise
Mar 30, 2020 1:47 AM

May 2019
DAmn, I'm really gonna miss this anime.

I'd give it an 8/10 - it really surprised me from the start and never lost its charm.

Can't wait for season 2

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 30, 2020 8:55 AM

Feb 2008
Darkwhiz said:
Led_Wayline said:

But damn, I did not expect Sally to clone the [Atrocity]. Seeing seven of those monsters was insane. No mercy...

Kanade is also there, he/she casted phantom world if not Sally mirage does not have a real forms, once damage it will disappear otherwise

An astute observation. I knew Kanade had their hand in the matter, but I forgot the nature of their ability.
Mar 30, 2020 12:07 PM
Feb 2017
tell me why maple and friends didn't get high score than haikyu, is MAL become normies sites?

btw I really enjoy this show, especially maple she's broken but hilarious. 9/10
Mar 30, 2020 2:53 PM

Nov 2009
Maple drinking coffee while in Alien-form... I laughed, LOL. (where did they get the giant cup from?)

Then afterwards she goes on a rampage like the actual Alien... and eat people... (especially when combined with Clone/ Phantom World)

LOOOOOOL MAPLE

She's like the ultimate Troll in this game. Not even the Devs can suppress her. But then again, everything is purely the Dev's fault for making all these OP skills that ppls can obtain...
Tho one of the Devs realized that Maple is now the "Face" of the game, and decide not to try and nerf her anymore, cause people will realize all the nerfs are specially targeted at Maple and that would cause massive backlash from the community.

Glad there's at least one Dev with a brain and not that other one that just goes "should we just nerf her again?" instead of trying to actually balance the game for their own shit.

And Maple is actually right at the end tho. "I am just playing the game normally"

Which is actually true... Maple hasn't done anything that anyone else couldn't do or use any sort of cheat or exploit... She legit gotten everything she has from normal game play.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 30, 2020 4:59 PM

Nov 2017
Just quickly,I've only just realised,though I thought the OP/ED music was passable in this,theres always been that insert song that turns up now and then that just won't leave me alone.
I've finally heard it in full(didn't realise it was the 2nd track on the single) - Good Night by Rico Sasaki.
Damn is that a good song,and her voice is incredible.
Mar 30, 2020 9:08 PM

Mar 2017
4/10 - Quite frankly, this show just wasn't for me in the end. Cuteness just wasn't enough for me to be okay with all the bs in the anime just to make Maple the most OP chara who wins regardless of everyone's efforts. The logistics of the game also makes little to no sense, which destroyed my enjoyment of this series even more.
ShizurusaMar 30, 2020 9:13 PM
Mar 31, 2020 4:49 PM
Mar 31, 2020 7:41 PM

Jul 2009
Darkwhiz said:
Led_Wayline said:

In the web novel, both Kanade and Sally cast Phantom World. The duration is a short 3 minutes. They act like general NPCs as controlling them would be too difficult so they would never line up to look like that Attack on Titan reference...

A character introduction was added the the web novel before the anime and it informs people that Kanade is a guy. We don't need She/he to be thrown around for him.
Apr 1, 2020 1:19 PM

Oct 2019
Man was that last episode suspenseful! I think it was a bit rushed but I think at the same time the two shields getting spit at the end was foreshadowing for the next season which hopefully comes soon, so I'm not that mad. I thought this show was super entertaining and I enjoyed it way more than I should have. They ended it really well and I am still very curious on how they will continue world building, especially with the new Mech land they have discovered and what they will be discovering in the near future with part 2!
Apr 1, 2020 4:00 PM
Aug 2014
what the heck is with the rating system now with the clapping hands instead of numbers ?? Whats the quantitative scale for these symbols ?
Apr 2, 2020 2:42 AM

Nov 2012
I agree that even nowadays, most anime protagonists are male, and females often are there to be a plot device for the protagonist to get stronger. I dislike it. But in there are more and more girl-centered (female empowerment) shows. Almost all isekai anime are about a boy/man transported to another world but there was Choyoyu with multiple isekai characters and Honzuki no Gekokujou with Urano (Myne) during Autumn 2019 season, Hamefura with Katarina in Spring 2020 and more coming in the future.

It's getting better, but anime caters to male otaku. Though some male otaku prefer watching shows about girls. See Love Live!, Idolmaster, Kancolle, Azur Lane, many mahou shoujo. Fate has 50/50 male to female servants ratio.

I like Kaede because she's cute, funny, plays the game exceptionally well in weird interesting ways and goes through amazing adventures. I would like to play a VRMMORPG myself, but technology isn't ready yet.

There was another show about a Japanese girl playing a VRMMORPG - Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online which I enjoy and think it was better written than the original SAO. That one was more serious.
Apr 2, 2020 4:34 AM

Sep 2014
I just saw Seven Gates to Hell

OBLITERATION!

Solid 9/10 tops alot of isekai out there!
Apr 2, 2020 9:43 AM

Jul 2009
Coxphire said:
I agree that even nowadays, most anime protagonists are male, and females often are there to be a plot device for the protagonist to get stronger. I dislike it. But in there are more and more girl-centered (female empowerment) shows. Almost all isekai anime are about a boy/man transported to another world but there was Choyoyu with multiple isekai characters and Honzuki no Gekokujou with Urano (Myne) during Autumn 2019 season, Hamefura with Katarina in Spring 2020 and more coming in the future...
One-sided "equal rights".. I don't support the woman supremacy that's being called equality everywhere. If women want to be equal, they should be dropping the things they themselves have and men are denied.
Men lose their children almost 100% of the time during court cases, and even when the woman doesn't get the child, it doesn't mean the father does.
Women can divorce a man for half of all his assets.
Women can receive a ex-husbands unemployment/retirement before he even dies but a man cannot.
Pregnancy is something only women can have naturally so pregnancy rights are women-only as well..
I'll thank the woman's equal rights movement for the equality when it starts happening. Men deserve equality just as much as women!
Apr 3, 2020 4:56 AM

Nov 2013
Maple: I’m just playing the game normally, you know

LOOOL Maple just silently flexing on everyone I love it!
This anime was surprisingly really entertaining. The fight scenes were great.

Can’t wait for Season 2
Apr 3, 2020 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
Very good anime. I specially enjoyed the first half.

Also, I am specially glad that this one dindt have your usual cliche main male character.

Until a certain point, I confess that I wasnt expecting all this Maple transformations (alien... mecha...) and even though this what to be expected in this anime, I hope they don't overdo it in the next season because I don't know if I would react very positively >.< hehe let's see.

Anyway 8/10
TechOtakuApr 3, 2020 8:47 AM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.