Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2020 6:48 AM

Nov 2016
Arrow_of_God said:
Vindicater said:

I was disapointed that Page 1 just shrugged off the massive kick though... Sanji still fairly weak it appears.

Or Page One is just very strong. He is a headliner for the Beast Pirates and one of Kaido's flying six after all. We're in the new world now, people are bound to be strong.

Not just that, he's also an Ancient Zoan user. Regular Zoan users are already known for their physical strength, durability and sturdiness and Page One is a fucking thick skinned Spinosaurus.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 22, 2020 8:50 AM

Feb 2014
I'd say Toei made up for the horrible mess that was Kaido vs. Luffy with this episode, but I'm still wary of other ways they could fuck up. Also WHY ARE THERE STILL ONLY 2 EYECATCHERS?! And one of them that we get is with Zoro, who is getting almost no screen time in the next episodes.
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Mar 22, 2020 8:59 AM

Jul 2008
OMG Law fanboying over Stealth Black was hilarious.
Mar 23, 2020 9:58 AM

Apr 2013
That was pretty cringe as expected.
Mar 23, 2020 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
That was some majestic transformation for Sanji. And the animation made my Spongebob boxers pretty wet. Sanji kept toying with Page One like he was Barney. If he trains around with his suit, tinkering on it, he can easily be a commander level. And Law childish fanboy-ish side coming out was both amusing and lovably endearing.

Of course, Robin got caught. I am not surprised, Orochi may look dumb, but the people working under him, including Kyoshiro and those newly-revealed ninjas, are anything but that. And just where did Kidd disappear to? How suspicious.
Mar 24, 2020 3:41 AM

Aug 2018
Loved this episode, it really was amazingly done and Toei did a damn great job this time
Mar 24, 2020 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
Soba Mask, the true MC
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 24, 2020 4:15 PM

Oct 2017
Its was an episode pretty good animated and of course so funny! I was laughing a lot while Law talking acknowledge about Sanji's suit skills! Lol
-¡Give yourself to me!
Mar 24, 2020 10:46 PM

Feb 2015
The best part was Law being excited about the raid suit. Sanji became pretty strong, despite I’m very surprised of Page One’s endurance. Oh no, Robin, it’s now fucked up.
Mar 25, 2020 11:33 AM
Oct 2019
link9us said:
So just something i want to mention. The flash back incorporated in this episode from thriller bark about sanji about his invisible dream to spy on women was actually in the manga which means that oda always wanted this to happen. Maybe he new that far back but wasn't sure how he was going to achieve it. This just makes this scene not some kind of coincidence and actually has more significant value. Praise GODA in another one of his legendary foreshadowings.

( legendary foreshadowings ) Yeah right , this was more likely an Afterthought,
Not only that , The whole transformation makes no sense overall
This was a weak writing at best , This was a coincidence.
If Sanji knew about this ,
It'd had been foreshadowed way back in the pre timeskip in Baratie arc.
But it did NOT.
This was just worse closest to Zoro's Kyutoryu's nonsense.
Mazetriple100Mar 25, 2020 11:38 AM
Mar 25, 2020 11:46 AM

Nov 2019
Mazetriple100 said:
link9us said:
So just something i want to mention. The flash back incorporated in this episode from thriller bark about sanji about his invisible dream to spy on women was actually in the manga which means that oda always wanted this to happen. Maybe he new that far back but wasn't sure how he was going to achieve it. This just makes this scene not some kind of coincidence and actually has more significant value. Praise GODA in another one of his legendary foreshadowings.

But it did NOT.

Why are you doing all this? Stop.
Mar 28, 2020 7:23 PM

Nov 2018
MiraStraussFan99 said:
Mazetriple100 said:

But it did NOT.

I wouldnt go as far as he did, but he is not wrong about this not being a foreshadowing at all, nor about the Kyutoryu being nonse either. That said, i liked sanji's new transformation, looking foward in seeing how usop and franky will tweek that suit.
Mar 30, 2020 9:17 AM

Jul 2013
Here comes power ranger yellow. Damn I thought paige1 is just a small fry but that mofo is tough. How come Kaido and his gang has monopoly on ancient type forbidden fruits?
Mar 31, 2020 12:06 AM

Nov 2019
Tougen said:
MiraStraussFan99 said:

I wouldnt go as far as he did, but he is not wrong about this not being a foreshadowing at all, nor about the Kyutoryu being nonse either. That said, i liked sanji's new transformation, looking foward in seeing how usop and franky will tweek that suit.

He just didn't need to be that rude tbh
Mar 31, 2020 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
That was just sick. The whole tranformation of Sanji into Stealth Black/Soba mask was glorious and I had the same reaction as Usopp and Franky *.*

What made it funny was just the fact that Law knew everything about Stealth Blacks abilities xD
It suits Sanji perfectly and it seems to have so much power. I guess in the future it will come pretty handy for Sanji, if you know what I mean haha.

Page 1 is a though opponent. I was sure that last kick would knock him out. At least he still doesn't know about Sanjis true idenitiy.

What I'm worried more about is Robin. I didn't expect Orochi to have a personal Ninja squad. That doesn't look good.

Apr 2, 2020 5:08 PM

Aug 2015
sugoi sanji :3 awww. epic fight

Apr 3, 2020 12:00 PM
Nov 2013
I loved Law's reaction ❤️
Apr 16, 2020 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
SOBA KAMEN RIDEEER KIIICK!
Apr 24, 2020 12:38 AM
Jun 2015
Sanji's new suit enhances his abilities to be even more stronger. Also he looks good in his all black raid suit.
Apr 24, 2020 11:55 AM

Mar 2010
Eeek Robin fucked up big time. Wonder how she will dodge this huge bullet.

Loved seeing Law fan boy over soba mask Lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 9, 2020 11:53 PM

Nov 2013
I'm very disappointed with the way how no one in this thread seems to be disliking that stupid raid suit...
Sure, the animation was great, and the music made the scene even better, but I can't understand the reason why Oda couldn't draw and write basically exactly the same fight but with Sanji without the raid suit; Sanji should already be fast and strong enough to perform the same feats that he achieved in this episode just with his body, with the exception of being able to block with a cape, which is a stupid gimmick anyways, and the invisibility, that could be made up with super speed, that Sanji was already able to show off kicking Oven in an instant without being noticed.
I found especially ridiculous the way how the characters were admiring the capacity of propulsion of the raid suit that was allowing him to stand in the air, considering how Sanji is naturally able to kick the air without any technology.
The way how many people are seeing the raid suit as a power up for Sanji really makes no sense. The power of the characters in One Piece is extremely inconsistent anyways; this is not a game with precise numbers that show exactly how much speed, endurance, and power each character has, and if Oda decides to draw Sanji defeating Kaidou alone, he will be able to do it, which would make even more sense than the way how Sanji was easily able to deal damage on Jabra after having difficulty to deal damage on Blueno, even though Sanji didn't undergo any training between the two fights.
I'm not saying that the power levels shouldn't be consistent in One Piece, but I disagree with the idea that Sanji became objectively weak in comparison with Luffy and Zoro after the time skip, and the truth is that Sanji is just not looking effective in the fights because Oda is simply deciding on a whim not to make it so. That is what I'm trying to say.
ColtBuntlineJun 10, 2020 12:41 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jun 16, 2020 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Sanji's dream came true.
His hair looks awesome in the suit though.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 13, 2020 8:22 PM
May 2020
NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!! They ruined the joke! Law, like he did in the manga, is suppose to go total nerd when Sanji transforms into Stealth Black and explain to Sanji all his attack moves with fanboy fever! Then he is going ask Ussop and Frankie about what their favorite moves are and they'll look at him weird because they have never even heard of that comic book. And then Law was going to be SUPER EMBARRASED! Even more so then the scene when he admitted that he didn't like bread! But, they ruined it! Alas!
On the other hand, they really improved on the designs for those elite ninjas! I don't remember them being so colorful in the manga! Man, I am not sure how O-robin is going to get out of this one... IS THAT A GHOST!!! (sarcasm at the end there)
Sep 13, 2020 12:18 PM

Jun 2016
I'm glad that Sanji has continued to get the spotlight, his time was not just Whole Cake. This scene was super cool! Sanji taking responsibility for his mess and refusing to let others get hurt on his behalf swallows his pride and becomes Stealth Bla- Soba mask I mean. It's a great display of his strength as a character, but also a display of willfully accepting Germa's help through the gifted suit. It's similar to that one moment in My Hero Academia, you know what I'm talking about.

Beyond that, Trafalgar "everyone in North Blue knows" Law being a fan to rival Vito when it comes to Sora was hilarious. It made me chuckle every time, especially Sanji's embarrassment because he almost got away with transforming in front of a crowd that didn't understand the history behind it. Oh and his adorable name and poses of course, gosh so much fun.

As Sanji did say, there is some irony involved. Sanji wanted to turn invisible, presumably to escape from his family as a child. His very family had his dream in their hands and the people he wanted to get away from were the ones who gave it to him, helping him leave this time around. That is not to ignore his stated dream of peeping on ladies.

Lastly, to speak about the directing once more, I adore the Komurasaki diegetic music. It has become the staple sound of Wano, and to have her play spliced between Robin being surrounded and Sanji fighting is the kind of feelgood, smooth editing I can't get enough of. As do I love the way the to be continued screens have been getting effects to suit what's happening.
Sep 20, 2020 8:58 AM

Mar 2020
Lmao, Law is such a nerd about Germa and Sora ;D
Nov 12, 2020 6:12 AM

Mar 2015
Law is a secret Germa otaku lmaoooo
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 13, 2020 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Cool transformation and some nice animations this episode, what's not to like
Jan 5, 2021 4:37 PM

Dec 2012
LMAOOOOOO Law knew so much. He's a fanboy
10/10 EPISODE

Jan 26, 2021 9:53 AM

Mar 2016
Hell yeah! That raid suit transformation is so damn fabulous! Sanji's already impressive powers are now enhanced, better yet, he gets to have the invisibility ability he so desires to have. Whilst everyone is leaving the battle with Law fanboying over Sanji's Germa technology, Sanji himself shall go to you know where wink wink*.

Jun 21, 2021 4:00 AM

Apr 2021
sanji's finally using his raid suit ! LMFAO Law knowing so much and practically narrating every move sanji does was so hilarious reminds me of the time when he asked if the ninja kinemon talked about had super powers and jutsu stuff
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jun 21, 2021 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
and amazing of how the revelation of the new men aboard a pirate ship the animation differentiated over the episodes mei that are something interesting to watch I hope the next episode is good like this.
Jun 28, 2021 5:38 AM
Mar 2021
absolutely loved how Sanji swallowed his pride and used the Germa raid mask in order to be more powerful and protect his pride. shows how far he will go for his friends. His family and Germa caused him a lot of major trauma and suffering and he just showed us how powerful and brave he is to be able to overcome it. he looks so cool- definitely an underrated character. I want to see Luffy's and the other's reactions. major character development!
Sep 6, 2021 7:49 AM

Jun 2019
Sanji looks great in that outfit. Law sounds like a fanboy. LOL
Sep 9, 2021 3:59 AM

Aug 2021
Now Sanji can look at Ladies while being invisible :>
Robin in trouble

The Wano Theme ost is too damn good.. get's me hyped on every scene when played
Sep 18, 2021 8:36 PM

Sep 2015
Sanji will do anything to help, thats why he would transform into German despite bad references and memories with them.

I'm just as surprised as to how Law knows so much about Germa origin xD

Sanjis lie though xD

BUT OH GOD THE SUITS ACTUALLY HELPED WITH SANJIS KICK IMPACTS! NOT ONLY THAT BUT SANJIS DREAM TO HAVE AN INVISIBLE ABILITY HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!
Funny guy xD

I think Law is secretly fanboying xD

Wonder if Sangoro could use Diable Jambe with the raid suit he has, and nice to be continued transition we got.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 2, 2022 8:27 PM

Dec 2012
I can't get enough of the Japanese folk themed ost they keep playing. Sanji's moment to shine (or disappear) was an incredible payoff for all that he went through at Whole Cake. It was hilarious seeing Law keep jumping from admiration to disdain while keeping a completely straight face the entire time.

And hey, if Sanji really gets Usopp to redesign the suit, maybe he can rename it to...SOBA KING!
Jun 15, 2022 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
great episode raid suit sanji is awesome law's information about germa 66 was great and funny
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:10 AM
Aug 13, 2022 4:04 AM

Jan 2021
Sanji’s Germma 66 raid suit is awesome bro can now even turn invisible and sneak into the woman’s bathhouse it’s a dream finally come true and Law being a straight up fanboy was really funny
Mar 5, 2023 4:33 AM
Aug 2021
1 my boy Sanji became strong strong bro is moving hella fast and can go, invisible bro, is broken😂😂. 2 Law is honestly the best narrator😂😂 Bro always has so much information even the characters are always bamboozled by his knowledge and narration😂😂 3 Finally BRO GOT HIS "FRUIT"😂😂 4 Damn I am lowkey hoping the Strawhats all become shinobi's learning how to hide their presence and all of the bullcrap. 5 I can't lie it is peak times for Robin.  Sanji's final kick reminded me of Deku. 
Dec 21, 2023 3:52 AM
Aug 2022
Law being the nagging mom of straw hats himself tries to conceal his identity with his gigantic hat shown on his posters.
Be serious dude. Even Luffy has a visible chonmage.
Jan 16, 3:03 PM
Jan 2020
Go! Soba Mask! 😁
Jan 27, 12:30 PM
Dec 2022
SANJI!!!!!!! BLACK STEALTH!!!!!!!!!!
PEEK ON EM BATHS BABYYYY
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

377 by TheStarscream759 »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.