Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2020 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Bakugo and that temper.

Funny how we got Deku and the heroes perform on stage with a song together. Glad to also to see Eri enjoying her time out there. It feels like the first she's been really happy in a long time. Deku looks good in a suit though.

About time we also got to see the beauty pagent on stage.
Mar 21, 2020 3:01 AM

Sep 2018
Nejire: Togata and Eri-chan are here.

Deku holding Eri: Am i a joke to you?
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 21, 2020 3:10 AM

Aug 2018
Oh my f*ck was this one of the most wholesome anime episodes ever.

Seeing UA having so much fun, Jiro getting more deserved recognition, and seeing Izuku and Mirio being so glad that Eri had the time of her life. I think my heart grew just by watching this. They've all been through a lot recently, and they really deserved this.

Next week looks like it's gonna be lots of fun too! A shame it's the last episode, but it's been quite the ride for sure.
Mar 21, 2020 3:14 AM

Jan 2016
I'm not crying seeing Eri smiling
Mar 21, 2020 3:16 AM

Nov 2016
First episode this season where I was thinking, yep, this easily surpassed the manga. In particular the performance for obvious reasons.

Seeing how everyone had a blast was contagious and you couldn't help but have fun too. It was also definitely one hell of an emotional payoff after all the hard work and tragedy lately. Glad that Jiro got her time to shine and Eri's smile was just <3

joy/5

Breaking news: Reserchers found a cure for Covid-19

FMmatronMar 21, 2020 4:07 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2020 3:33 AM

Mar 2019
serusa94 said:

I swear to god these Onion Cutting Ninjas strike at weird times!
Mar 21, 2020 3:37 AM

Oct 2009
For the love of ×××× - MAKE AN ACTUAL MUSIC VIDEO of that song. I mean, the outfits could've used a more expert hand from the many idol franchises, but the performance itself was awesome. And literally everyone smiling, that's basically your idol success story right there. xD

I also want to see the entirety of that play, it was so ludicruous how many things they squeezed into it, it's a shame we barely saw any of it. xD

But the parts about Genlte and La Brava were also touching in a way. Overall a very emotional episode.

The Billboard thingy though.... could've at least dropped a hint of it in one of the previous episodes, it feels very random, especially only being mentioned in the preview.
Mar 21, 2020 3:48 AM
Sep 2015
The band performance is not as good as 'God Knows' but it's still very good. It just feel too balance and too complete. Since Kyoka Jiro lead the band I kinda expect that the song is gonna be guitar-heavy with killer guitar riff, but no. Using English lyrics might be an opportunity to hit international market but seriously most people that watch this show are already interest in Japanese lyrics.

Romio and Juliet, while very short, is stealing the spotlight from Class 1-A.

And Hound Dog!!!! I just love him more!!! Seriously this character is designed to let the voice actor shine. I want to see him more!

The next episode preview show Endeavor and his new significant other Hawks.
Mar 21, 2020 3:53 AM

Nov 2015
Yes the k-on high school musical arc is finally over.

Eri is kind of meh and just there to look cute. 😑
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Mar 21, 2020 3:59 AM

Feb 2019
The performance 1-A put was awesome and Eri finally smiled while seeing it. I loved mirio's reaction after seeing her smile.

Also, Nejire is really cute. Can't believe she lost to that make up girl last year.
Mar 21, 2020 4:08 AM

Dec 2013
That was really f**king sweet. Eri smiling really shows the joy of having kids.

Mar 21, 2020 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
Ouch.
That performance part was pure cringe.
Mar 21, 2020 4:22 AM

Apr 2018
Farmaceut said:
Nejire: Togata and Eri-chan are here.

Deku holding Eri: Am i a joke to you?

lol, come back when you become a MAIN character Deku =P

Old_School_Akira said:

True, the musical arc seemed a bit meh. But Hey now, Eri's a human being too... well... in an anime world lol

Kryki said:
That was really f**king sweet. Eri smiling really shows the joy of having kids.

ehhhh, maybe. I'd say it depends whose kids they are. Personally I'm not a big fan of kids, unless they are mine.
Mar 21, 2020 4:27 AM
Oct 2018
Old_School_Akira said:

Bruh..what else do you want her to do..it's the first time she has experienced true happiness.
Mar 21, 2020 4:36 AM

Oct 2011
Great adoption of the performance and the song was awesome too. Seeing that the ranking charts are coming up and Hawks will be introduced we are getting closer to my favorite arc. So can anyone remind me - are we getting
immediately next season or are there any other minor arcs left to cover before that?

Mar 21, 2020 4:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Jiro was so great in this episode, and the song was good, nice to see everyone happy
Mar 21, 2020 4:51 AM

Jan 2008
serusa94 said:

Nope. Totally not crying at all. It's just because of all rain that's pouring down.

This episode was so damn wholesome.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 21, 2020 4:52 AM

Aug 2017
uzee said:
Great adoption of the performance and the song was awesome too. Seeing that the ranking charts are coming up and Hawks will be introduced we are getting closer to my favorite arc. So can anyone remind me - are we getting
immediately next season or are there any other minor arcs left to cover before that?

Not immediately, there's still 2 arcs before that that will be covered. Neither are very long though so we'll most likely get it near the second half of season 5's 1st cour.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Mar 21, 2020 4:52 AM

Jan 2009
the school festival is over now the debut of Hawks next week
Mar 21, 2020 4:54 AM

Jul 2015
Old_School_Akira said:

Ah yes it's not as if we had an arc where she was the main focus to be rescued and she's only now just intergrating into society and feeling happiness for the first time yeah definetly no character development or intrest she's just a cute design -_-

Also my hero has always had it's bubbly more optimistic side it's not gonna be all doom and gloom or explosions every 5 seconds.

Plus your just not gonna mention how enjoyable the gentle and la brava stuff was and just call it the K-on arc very clever.
Mar 21, 2020 5:08 AM

May 2018
I CRIED MY F*** EYES OUT JESUS---..... this episode was one of my favs until now

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Mar 21, 2020 5:16 AM

May 2015
"pErFoRmAnCe WaS cRiNg LoL xD"

Mar 21, 2020 5:18 AM

Jan 2014
Jiro's singing is amazing as always.
Mar 21, 2020 5:35 AM

May 2013
the performance was incredibly boring, but Eri-chan with Mirio stole my heart <3 finally the school fest is over, I know I know they deserve a little bit of happiness but c'mon, then make it more enjoyable....

someone pls kill Mineta
Mar 21, 2020 5:36 AM
Oct 2016
Absolutely spectacular. didn't know how exactly the band performance would adapt to the anime since its a song and dance number with tons of choreography and is very elaborate. Sufficed to say I'm satisfied as it gets after seeing this episode. Yeah I said before that episode 21 (84) was a top ten episode, change that out with this one because holy shit!!! We heard a smidge of Chrissy Constanza sing as Jiro a while back but now we got murdered by her sound. Bakugo nailed it because that's exactly what happened. The whole song itself sounds so good, insert songs in anime aren't usually given this level of care. Hero too, that's a badass song name for My Hero Academia. Sounded incredible and the dance everyone did looked great. animation was dialed up perfectly.

Seeing Eri smile gave me the same reaction as Mirio. Bawling my eyes out, that smile after this whole season is like a weight off your shoulders. Now that maybe she has a chance of being happy after all that torture. Every time she smiled this episode I teared up honestly. when Deku gave her the candy apple he made himself, so adorable. That big wide smile seeing the apple. Rest of the episode was good with Nejire rightfully winning the beauty pageant after her elegant dance. Class A showing everyone in school their feelings with that performance. Pretty damn fantastic. Blew my mind seeing that performance how Bones did it.
Mar 21, 2020 5:43 AM
Jan 2016
Really amazing performance from Class A!!!! And improvisation with their quirk is amazing too, wow how they can use their own quirk for something beside fighting is amazing...And oh my God I almost cry when Eri is smiling...an innocent kid...she's has been going through a lot of things didn't she?
Mineta...you're still the best hahaha, his goal is only the beauty contest hahaha.
And Nejire is really beautiful, haha.
Mar 21, 2020 5:46 AM

Oct 2017
Sweet episode, Eri chan finally smiled. She was really cute. The performance of class A was great but the song was okayish.
Mar 21, 2020 5:53 AM

Sep 2017
Eri's smile is the purest thing on earth
Mar 21, 2020 5:55 AM
Oct 2019
THERE WAS A LOT OF TSUCHAKO CONTENT AAAA MY BBIES

there seems to be a lot more of it this season which i am very happy about
Mar 21, 2020 6:00 AM

Sep 2019
cooool episode,loved it very much

"俺は海賊王になる男だ!!!"
Mar 21, 2020 6:01 AM

Apr 2017
The episode was good, music was horrible.
It's the second time this season that an awful music with awful American accent ruins everything. Please stop...
Mar 21, 2020 6:29 AM
Jan 2018
is gentle getting a chance to become a hero, whats the deal with that last scene
Mar 21, 2020 6:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this was so wholesome and sweet ~

Eri-chan's smile might just be world peace, for all I know. Couldn't help but smile like an idiot there, lol. And then that scene of her in awe while trying to share her thoughts and feelings to Deku, was just fabulous.

Quite the flashy performance from Class 1-A though, it must be said. Making full use of the different quirks, that's great to see!

Jiro's little backstory there in the middle of the song was very well placed, in my opinion. Definitely gave a whole lot more significance to the rising-tempo scene.

Hadou-senpai winning the beauty pageant quite unsurprisingly was nice to see, as well. Dat was quite the midair dance.

Looks like the weigh on Gentle's crimes isn't as heavy as we imagined on another note, really glad to see that personally. I'd a feeling he'd be digging further in order to free La Brava but it seems like the truth prevailed ultimately.

But really, at the end of the day, I can't help but feel like this is more of just a filler arc. It'd its fun moments nonetheless and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next in store for us!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 21, 2020 6:41 AM

Jun 2014
I enjoyed seeing how the performance got adapted, and Eri finally smiling was such a wholesome moment. Nice end to this arc and now we get to move on to the Hero rankings and get a formal introduction to Hawks.

Also, can we get a side story special featuring Class B's play lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 21, 2020 6:47 AM

Dec 2015
I think it's safe to say this was objectively the worst episode from MHA ignoring the fillers. MHA clearly doesn't know how to make something wholesome without being childish/cringe. It also feels like the author is just dragging this arc as much as possible. I really do miss old Seasons
Mar 21, 2020 6:49 AM

Feb 2014
PLUS ULTRA performance!! AmaLee did it for TG and now Chrissy Costanza does it for BNHA. Anime popularity is on a new high with more global singers on it.
On another note we finally get to see Eri-chan smile at last. The smile that Lemillion, Deku and Nighteye risked their lives for was worth protecting.

And finally next my boy Hawks gets his anime series debut!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 21, 2020 6:53 AM

Nov 2014
Eri finally smilling and Jiro's song. Loved it!
Mar 21, 2020 6:54 AM
Dec 2015
A cheery episode is always nice. The performance was great and the festival looked like a blast!
Mar 21, 2020 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
Thank God that Hound Dog didn't make this incident big, despite Gentle Criminal and La Brava's actions towards Izuku. After what happened with last episode, definitely sad to see the villiains with the heart of heroes go out like this.

With the incidient out of the way, it's Class 1-A's time to shine...with people chanting for Yaoyorozu??? While the band and dance performance is merely a front from the school's PoV of discrimination, talking about the band and dance adaptation surpassing the manga was a real treat, with Jiro being the biggest benefactor and Eri having her biggest smiles. The song is OKish though while the performance was great, with the utilization of their Quirks.

And of course, Mineta only cares for the Beauty Pageant, of which Kendo, Kenranzaki and Nejire are participating in, as expected of favourites. and Nejiro finally claiming her position.

The icing on the cake goes to Eri spending time with Mirio and Izuku, and her having a great time at U.A.'s school festifval. Keep protecting that innocent smile!

Hawk's debut will be very interesting...in the next season perhaps, with the last 2 episodes being preparation for his character's main welcome.
Mar 21, 2020 6:58 AM

Dec 2013
Eri finally smiling was extremely cute but the highlight for me were Gentle and La Brava, those two were so charming and watching them both get a second chance in life was so fulfilling, the cops and hound dog were so kind to them.

And so the person with the red wings ability shown on the ED will finally show up.
KanameYuukiMar 21, 2020 7:06 AM
Mar 21, 2020 7:14 AM

Aug 2015
That episode was so nice.

I loved the performance from Class 1A and 1B.

The way Deku said "Surprise" to Eri while handing the candy apple was so cute, I don't know why xD!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Mar 21, 2020 7:15 AM

Dec 2013
ThatsNotGaming said:

ehhhh, maybe. I'd say it depends whose kids they are. Personally I'm not a big fan of kids, unless they are mine.

Haha I totally get you xD I'm also not so much for other people's kids, but if they're my own then it's a completely different story!

Mar 21, 2020 7:19 AM

Feb 2014
In these tough times in the real world right now, what we fans need is to witness something that'll stay in our minds for a very long time, something that we'll smile fondly about when we think back on this season when it comes to a close soon.

Obviously, I'm talking about Eri's precious smile! ^_^

The whole band performance went really well. The song itself was good, but the amusing dancing and the special effects with their abilities made the performance even better. This was enough for Eri to finally break free from her shell at last and the way she was smiling wildly at the performance was enough to make Mirio tear up. I won't deny that it made me tear up as well. ^^;

This makes it one of the most memorable moments in My Hero Academia for me so far. Eri's innocent smile needs to be protected at ANY cost.

Just like with the previous episode, Gentle and La Brava's moment when they were captured made me very sympathetic for the both of them. I hope that the pair of them can turn a new leaf and get their lives on the right path now. It's the least that they deserve, after all. =)
Mar 21, 2020 7:26 AM
Jan 2020
i dont know about anyone else but i LOVED this episode.
and i totally didnt tear up when eri smiled
AH I LOVE THIS EPISODE ITS SO WHOLESOME
Mar 21, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2015
I hope that this is not the last time we get to see Gentle and La Brava! I Like them!

The performance was pretty dope! Been looking forward to this for a while now! As expected the song was gonna be in English and it was really great! Way better than I had initially expected! Song was great! Loved the animation as well!

Seeing Eri smile was just amazing to see! That was very moving!! That look on her face is sooo precious!!

In my opinion, best episode of the season!!

Forgot about the Beauty Pageant! No wonder Mineta was in a rush XD nice to see Nejire won! She put up a really nice performance!!
Mar 21, 2020 7:38 AM

Nov 2016
Best episode of the season???? wtf it was incredibly good, best girl Jiro getting screen time and a freakin song, yep 10/10 episode, and of course Eri-chan smile, pure gold.
Mar 21, 2020 7:57 AM

Mar 2017
yellowheartren said:
For the love of ×××× - MAKE AN ACTUAL MUSIC VIDEO of that song. I mean, the outfits could've used a more expert hand from the many idol franchises, but the performance itself was awesome. And literally everyone smiling, that's basically your idol success story right there. xD

I also want to see the entirety of that play, it was so ludicruous how many things they squeezed into it, it's a shame we barely saw any of it. xD

But the parts about Genlte and La Brava were also touching in a way. Overall a very emotional episode.

The Billboard thingy though.... could've at least dropped a hint of it in one of the previous episodes, it feels very random, especially only being mentioned in the preview.

There is a music video, I saw an article about it on Crunchyroll News
Mar 21, 2020 7:59 AM

Mar 2017
Wooow. I really loved this episode! Class A's performance was incredible, Kyouka got her time in the spotlight, Nejire won the beauty pagent and Eri SMILED! Also, I can't be the only one who noticed how Tamaki looks at Nejire right? haha

Also, I think we all need to take a moment to appreciate the masterpiece of nerd culture that was Class B's play. I was howling with laughter at that small scene; I wish we could see the full play haha

I'm beyond excited for the next arc... HAWKS HAS ARRIVED! The hero world is about to be shaken up all over again!
Mar 21, 2020 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
That was one hell of a performance,

Good to see Eri enjoying herself. Her smile is too precious.

Mar 21, 2020 8:31 AM
Nov 2010
Very good episode. However, why was the crowd chanting for Momo?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

122 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.