Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2020 11:26 AM

Oct 2018
I hope I get to see time magic before the end of the season
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 27, 2020 12:48 PM

Jan 2019
I liked this episode so much! There are just so many twists and turns. Too bad I accidentally gave this episode a 1/5, that was an accident(I meant to give it a 5 but I accidentally clicked 1 when posting)
Apr 10, 2020 6:55 PM

Apr 2016
Oh god that contract signing scene was so morbid! Opening up bodies and shit. I hope I wasn't the only one who felt a little queasy while watching it play out.

It's nice that Caiman has people he can call companions in the sorcerers' world.
Jun 1, 2020 10:45 PM
Oct 2011
Oh yeah, I'd been hoping to see Noi Vs Johnson. Too bad my boy is missing a leg.
Jun 4, 2020 5:11 AM

Jul 2013
So just like that that bald doctor became a mushroom on his birthday. But I bet there's probably a way to bring him back right? It's not impossible considering this show. And man do En annoy the hell out of me.
Jun 24, 2020 8:51 PM

Jan 2014
i really liked this ep! concerned for nikaido...
the mushroom magic is still gross lmao
Aug 8, 2020 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
I'm starting to come to the realization that Caiman, despite being the true MC, really isn't the main(est) character... I mean, it seems like the anime revolves around all of these characters -- both sides, from the Hole and from the En family. And I'm rooting for both of them equally. What I ultimately mean though is screentime-wise. Caiman really doesn't beat anyone else out in that regard.

En's an especially intriguing 'antagonist'. Many people have already made the connection that he might not actually be the antagonist, and that there is no "good or evil" in this show. But I like how En's kind of like a straight-man/normal-guy, who (at the same time) acts quite courteously to anyone he is speaking to regardless of their status. He's polite to the likes of Fujita and Ebisu, and all of his subordinates. He's the kinda guy you never have to worry about walking up to and bothering. He may act uninterested or cold -- but as long as you show no malice towards him, he won't mushroom the shii out of you.

I also like the dynamic between Fujita and Ebisu. I kind of like it to be platonic, though. I saw a thread about the "best girl" and I don't even think Ebisu should've been a candidate. Plus, I feel like she might be underage. But I guess that's not an issue. The real issue is how she's batshit crazy. Anyways, their relationship is very wholesome. They both seem to (inherently) feel the need to stick together, even if neither of them realize it.

Of course, I love Shin and Noi's relationship too. Also very wholesome.

Speaking of "Noi," I feel like not enough people are recognizing the noire-nature of this show. I think a big chunk of Dorohedoro's genre pie is "Mystery".
Aug 18, 2020 12:27 PM

May 2016
I was wondering for a second on why those devilish sweet buns warranted an execution but I remembered that it's pretty much illegal to use the likeness of devils in stuff like food since it'd be an insult to those higher beings. That hell-portal demon was scary as, uh, hell.

It's sad to see that Nikaido's free will was pretty much overridden by the Devil's Contract she had with En and her situation makes me doubt that Kaiman would be able to help her with that...

I'm pretty sure that Shin being so rough on Kasukabe was a "heat of the moment" thing, considering the circumstances so I hope that they'll be on friendlier terms once the realization sinks in since he owes the doctor a lot for making his successful job as a cleaner possible.

That cockroach lockpicking their way out of there and Dragon Worm Ebisu's debut were legit lmao moments right there!

Dec 10, 2020 2:46 AM

Jul 2017
Poor Nikaidou, got forced to sign that contract with En to become his partner unwillingly and since partners can control each other if needed, En's turned her into a brainless doll essentially, and since she is a sorcerer who can control time, En's got a ton of use for her. Can't wait to see Caiman in action against the En family and get Nikaidou back. The way Nikaidou was forced to sign that contract was bizarre yet fitting for a show like this.
Dec 26, 2020 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
Really thought En and Nikaido's partnership would be delayed in some way, but I guess all expectations for what is going to happen should be ignored considering all the randomness up until now like how Johnson's new cockroach friend helping them escape there.

Jan 6, 2021 4:00 AM

Mar 2015
Things are getting intense!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 9, 2021 7:24 PM

Jul 2020
I gotta say that Nikaido looks pretty badass with the mask on, but man they really forced her to sign the contract as well, and not only that but they literally opened up her body for the contract as well, and we also got to see Caiman meet another member of the cross-eyes who actually knows Risu as well, but unfortunately the dude got executed before he could say anymore about Risu, definitely excited to see Caiman face the En family and how he'll deal with them; definitely excited to see what's next!
Zackack99May 9, 2021 8:12 PM
Dec 6, 2021 10:26 AM
Nov 2020
So En just...has control of Nikaido now?!
Jun 5, 2022 9:24 AM

Jun 2019
Man... poor Nikaido was forced and is being controlled. Caiman is going to save her. I love every character in this show. I don't want any of them to die. :(
Nov 10, 2022 6:31 PM
May 2020
None seems to be good or bad, if not they are all both. I think everyone in the main cast is trying to figure out what is going on, but they are all kill first-ask questions later people. And that is why there is conflict. WHY did Caiman and Nikaido have to kill that guy in the beginning?!?! Are they ever going to apologize? When has Nikaido actually been proven to manipulate time and is she not? Is En have the wool over his eyes?
May 16, 2023 7:08 PM

Oct 2022
I love that devils are chill enough that you can wave to them and they'll wave back.

Also En does not fuck around. The same day he found out about Nikaido he already has her in his hands. The man knows how to get shit done.
Jun 27, 2023 9:49 PM
Aug 2018
An awesome episode that raises the stakes! Each character, even the side characters, are being put to the test!
Sep 23, 2023 10:45 AM

May 2020
Wasn't expecting this development quite honestly, Nikaido and En forging a contract that is. Although it's forced upon Nikaido but still. Though again, it shows just how powerful En is at the of the day.

Caiman's nightmares are getting worse and worse, and so does the count of people he has crosschecked while taking them inside their head lol. Hope he does make it quick for Nikaido.
Jan 26, 11:38 AM

Nov 2017
That contract signing was a bit dark. A devil basically opens your chest grabs a blood-soaked paper from your insides for your partner to sign and vice versa then you exchange the paper with your partner and it goes back into your chest. So this is what that fortune teller meant with Nikaido in the 2nd episode.

At least Noi and Shin look happy to have their partnership, so that's nice!
Mar 27, 12:01 PM

Jul 2016
Caiman the type of dude to grab on to a hanging man's legs mid-execution to talk to him some more. This show's brand of dark humor really is one of a kind and I can't get enough of it.

"I'll let you pick which I'm gonna gouge. Your head? Or your heart?"
Easily one of the most metal pre-execution lines you could give someone, even if said someone was the doctor that had your back when you were a kid.
Apr 27, 4:47 PM

Jul 2022
oooh caiman had a real horror dream moment here, i loooved it, that was an amazing touch!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

112 by Suckmypokeballs »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

205 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 28, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

66 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 28, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

99 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 26, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.