Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 3, 2020 8:09 PM

May 2018
JunkYardHiro said:
You'd be hard pressed to build a PC that has comparable specs to the upcoming Xbox or PS5 in the console price range.

For 500$ or so you're getting a system capable of playing games in 4k and 8k.
Exclusives and ease of use drive the demand for consoles. Some people want to kick back and play games on their sofa or in their bed in a streamlined way. There are too many steps when trying to do that on a PC.

Oh yeah, plugging HDMI cable to TV is a lot of steps. Lmao
Mar 4, 2020 12:55 AM

Dec 2019
Maybe, ps4 got released around 2013 almost 7 years ago if they release something else after ps5 it won't be anytime soon.
                                                         đź–¤   

Mar 4, 2020 1:22 AM

Aug 2016
Only_Brad said:
JunkYardHiro said:
You'd be hard pressed to build a PC that has comparable specs to the upcoming Xbox or PS5 in the console price range.

For 500$ or so you're getting a system capable of playing games in 4k and 8k.
Exclusives and ease of use drive the demand for consoles. Some people want to kick back and play games on their sofa or in their bed in a streamlined way. There are too many steps when trying to do that on a PC.

Especially when your PC is in an entirely different room.
Mar 4, 2020 5:48 AM

Sep 2014
JunkYardHiro said:
Only_Brad said:

The console is also in an entirely different room and it also needs the HDMI cable. Out of these two the pc is the better option, my laptop is lighter and I have easy access to all my anime. With the PS i have to load the console, load the streaming service, search for the anime, hope I load the right episode or I should repeat the entire process. What a pain really.
Mar 4, 2020 10:25 PM

Aug 2016
Hrybami said:
JunkYardHiro said:

The console is also in an entirely different room and it also needs the HDMI cable. Out of these two the pc is the better option, my laptop is lighter and I have easy access to all my anime. With the PS i have to load the console, load the streaming service, search for the anime, hope I load the right episode or I should repeat the entire process. What a pain really.

Why wouldn't your console be near your television?
Wasn't talking about watching anime on a console either. You can already do all of that on a smart tv anyway, even without an HDMI cable if you're just watching something.

I was just referring to the fact that if you want to game on a console, you literally just press one button and you're good to go.

It's not like you can't just own both.
Mar 6, 2020 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
FacelessVixen said:
Lorescothe said:
Sure, you could buy a switch lite, if you're a manchild who wants to play mostly shitty exclusives on a tiny screen.

I appreciate you vouching for PC gaming, but...

https://i.imgur.com/FoGsms3.jpg

I kinda take issue with certain remakes.

Can we all just get along?

As I say, I couldn't care less about fanboying, I care about the games themselves, regardless of platform. My point is that it would be better for them to be consolidated on PC, because it's the better platform.
Mar 6, 2020 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, man, nice bait. Xbox master race and stuff. Tell you something, one week after the release of PS 5 you will either buy it, or will be trying to find money to buy it.
Mar 15, 2020 4:19 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
We can only hope, same for the Xbox; there's no reason no to be on a PC (at least Microsoft is embracing this by immediately bringing all the games they produce to PC as well as making xCloud/GamePass a service PCs can use). Switch is awesome though, even if Nintendo's new console is two generations behind in power like always, I absolutely love being able to play on the go or on my back in bed plus they have a ton of great exclusives (REAL exclusives unlike Sony and Microsoft whose "exclusives" are on PC lol).
Mar 16, 2020 5:51 AM
May 2009
As long as the exclusives are there and the games are good. The console will still thrive.
Cloud gaming is a joke and needs atleast another 30 years of infrastructure improvement to substain all that traffic.
Mar 16, 2020 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
Can't be arsed with PC gaming anymore. I was a hardcore PC gamer for over two decades, even played TFC competitively.

These days I just want something super cheap that I can hook up and play some games, with absolutely 0 maintenance required. If it has Crunchyroll and HiDive, perfect. I'm set.

I only touch my PC for work now. Do you know how many months of my life I wasted coding mods for Empire: Total War? I'm done.

As for the topic at hand, I am sure the PS brand is going to continue to thrive for many years to come. But I prefer the Xbox as an overall entertainment center.
It's a better product, it just has less games (that I wouldn't buy anyway).

If you're still in that phase of your life where "Games are Life," then by all means... put 3 or 4K aside and go full PC. All-in on that bad boy.

I'll be here with my 135-euro One S, lol. Poor girl needs love too.
Mar 17, 2020 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not really a PlayStation fan but I don't see the PS5 being the end of PlayStation.

Especially since their fans still use the same old "muh console exclusives" excuse.

Then again, my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt since I only bought PS4 for Persona 5 and maybe a couple of other exclusives like God of War and Spiderman.
Mar 26, 2021 3:47 PM
Dec 2017
Highly unlikely given how much it has sold as of now especially when backwards compability is a factor.

Mar 29, 2021 9:36 PM

Aug 2017
If Sony goes bankrupt, they will most definitely cancel it.

But given the sales for the ps5, I don't think it will be last.

Long live the playstation console.

Mar 30, 2021 2:41 AM

Feb 2018
Nah. Consumers will always consuuuuume. VR will be the next big thing as it gets better

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^â–˝^)ψ__
Mar 30, 2021 6:33 AM

Apr 2020
Uhh
Ok man
PS4 is clearly the best console out there the only one that can kind of compete is the switch. (not including pc)
Mar 30, 2021 4:51 PM

Aug 2013
I hope Sony will focus on just making games and will release these games on PC master race. I lost all interest on consoles once I got my hands on my high end gaming PC. And lemme tell you, I have had all PS consoles, except the 5, cause you can't buy that shit no where. (& Even if I can buy 1 somewhere, I wouldn't buy 1)

*insert PC master race meme here* you know that yellow god fellow in the clouds :P
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...
Apr 1, 2021 5:17 AM

May 2009
This topic aged slightly well, Sony is definitely in a decline now and Microsoft is slowly but surely taking the lead. Best platform is without any argument the PC, it used to be only due to specs and possibillities, but now also because of the games.
Apr 1, 2021 11:02 AM

Feb 2015
Narukami_God said:

Mate everyone is fighting to get a PS5 right now. Nobody cares about the xbox.
Apr 1, 2021 2:44 PM

May 2009
Madcrack said:
Narukami_God said:

Mate everyone is fighting to get a PS5 right now. Nobody cares about the xbox.

That's a cap, Xbox's are sold out everywhere as well. They're going toe to toe right now.
Apr 1, 2021 3:39 PM

Mar 2021
If I was still buying consoles, I would never buy a Playstation again after what happened with the PS3 store. They just wiped thousands of titles from their library. I know already purchased games can still be downloaded and played, but still, nothing can be bought digitally on there anymore.

If this is the future of Playstation, then their consoles aren't going to age well compared to their competitors consoles or consoles of the 90's.

I just don't think consoles are the best place for a digital future. At least if this crap happens on pc, there are easy ways to find a game and still play it.

Apr 1, 2021 9:24 PM

Sep 2012
It sold out immediately. They're making so much money off PlayStation. If you seriously think Ps5 will be the end, then I honestly don't know what to tell you.
Apr 2, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2015
Honestly hope the OP is a troll because otherwise this would be really pathetic.
Apr 2, 2021 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
At the same time, I think that Sony is going in the same direction as AT&T.

I also have a hard time believing that Funimation (and sister company Crunchyroll) will give enough revenue to their parent company that will benefit the PS5 considering the fact that Funimation or Funiroll is going woke and broke at the same time.

Poor Sony for spending billions of dollars on a worthless ADR company run by woke Twittards and libtards that write fanfiction. Like I said before, Funimation is going woke and broke at the same time.

Other than that, I agree that Microsoft is slowly on the rise and Red Entertainment better consider putting the next Gungrave on the Xbox Series X.

I feel sorry for Sony trying to heavily cash in on anime while plummeting gradually. You go woke you go broke.

By the way Sony, take that Aniplex and shove it up your ass for trying to rip off anime fans with expensive anime in physical media.

I'm no expert on Aniplex, but I think that it could jeopardize Sony's chances of making a PS6 and Sony has been failing everyone for the last time.
Apr 5, 2021 12:31 AM

Jul 2012
People Are Buying the PS5 controller for their laptops, that enough alone should see them through.
Apr 5, 2021 1:27 AM

Nov 2008
KyleRiley said:
Honestly hope the OP is a troll because otherwise this would be really pathetic.

The thread is over a year old. Who cares if he is trolling or not?

Apr 5, 2021 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Coolspot said:
People Are Buying the PS5 controller for their laptops, that enough alone should see them through.

Careful with that one, by the way.

PS5 controllers have been reported to have drifting issues even more serious than the Nintendo Joy-Con. They were sued almost immediately.

(The teardowns also didn't paint a pretty picture. It's not an easy fix.)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
46 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
3 hours ago

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.