Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2020 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Sawamura gets teased in his sleep. Priceless.

At least we got some gameplay this episode on the field. This show only has a few more episodes left but players are keeping up with their shape. Sawamura was fucking priceless to watch this episode tbh.
Feb 18, 2020 3:34 AM

May 2013
Chris texting Sawamura gave me spine chill, Last chance for Miyuki and the other 3rd years :(.
Feb 18, 2020 3:36 AM
Sep 2015
The moment when Nori talk to Miyuki make me think very hard on why everyone think it's special. It's not like this is the first time they talk together, but in teenagers there will be time when you just stop talking to some of your friend(s) or some of your friend(s) stop talking to you with or without any reason. But for the team to make it to Koshien, everyone need to be united and put aside all the conflict that is not shown in the main story.
Feb 18, 2020 4:34 AM

Oct 2017
Damn I'm really nervous. I hope Eijun can pitch his best in the game. He was looking really tense in this episode and Furuya seemed like he was getting ready to support Eijun if he messes up in the game.
Feb 18, 2020 5:52 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
We waited years to see Sawamura step up to be the ace, really excited for the next episode!
Feb 18, 2020 6:11 AM

Feb 2013
He would pitch all night if they don't stop him.
Feb 18, 2020 9:03 AM

Oct 2009
And after that teasing, we never got to see Sawamura's reaction to discovering he's been pranked. Even though they included a manga panel of it at the very end. Big boo.

With 7 episodes left.... will we see one game stretched out a lot or will they skip several? Not read the manga so I don't wanna spoil the story for myself, but... I'm curious about the generic layout.
Feb 18, 2020 8:03 PM
May 2019
C'mon Sawamura, don't let that number weigh you down!! I'm confident that he will give an inspiring start to their first game in the series.

Also... I REALLY wanted to see the #1 drawing on his back get shown in the baths. I would have cracked up lol
Feb 19, 2020 3:44 AM
Jan 2016
Would've loved to see the reactions of others seeing the no.1 drawing on his back hahahaha.

Also excited to see sawamura's debut as ace, i hope he don't get too tense and mess up his first game, or maybe stress around it a little then overcome it and show everyone his strength would be quite nice too. As long as he don't weigh himself down with the ace number too much.
Feb 19, 2020 12:18 PM

Sep 2011
Sawamura is feeling the pressure of being the ace. It's only natural, but it is a bit worrying since that coach seems to be great at reading players, and he is sure to strike where it hurts if Sawamura shows any opening. Thankfully Miyuki is also quite cunning, and will most certainly be able to be a step ahead of him when making his calls. Or at least prove difficult to be read. Oh, and the episode had some nice little moments, like Sawamura and Furuya's interaction with Raichi and Sanada. Mei's thoughts about Furuya. Kuramochi scribbling the number one on Sawamura's back after he went to sleep with his uniform on. Kawakami being assertive and asking Miyuki to catch for him... It was also poignant though. The third years are getting along well, but their shared time is almost over. It's sad and it pressures Sawamura further. All I can do is hope for the best, but I'm probably going to cry one way or another though. Seidou isn't the only team I care about after all. Oh, and I loved Chris-senpai's message. xD
Feb 19, 2020 3:02 PM

Apr 2019
I'm feeling the pressure on Sawamura as if it were on me & I'm hella anxious for him - the preview for the next episode doesn't make it better at all.

On one side I wanna stop watching from here on out because I don't think I'm ready for what's to come yet,
on the other side I just wanna go along with the rest of the season & finish it...
Feb 20, 2020 9:55 AM

Feb 2012
They are jinxing him alot.
Let's hope Sawamura will be able to pitch how he usually do.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Feb 20, 2020 10:21 AM
Feb 2010
Anyone know who is the VA for Eijiro Sasaki? Sounds really familiar but I don't remember from where.
Nov 5, 2020 4:22 PM
Jan 2020
Aggnog said:
Anyone know who is the VA for Eijiro Sasaki? Sounds really familiar but I don't remember from where.

Kinda late, but it’s Nakata Jouji. And I mean I dunno which anime you watched ofc, but some of his characters are Alucard from Hellsing, Kotomine from the Fate universe, Baki from Naruto and Hai no Me from The ancient magus bride, so you might know the voice from one of those.
Nov 11, 2020 1:08 AM
Feb 2010
strnge_rlty said:
Aggnog said:

Kinda late, but it’s Nakata Jouji. And I mean I dunno which anime you watched ofc, but some of his characters are Alucard from Hellsing, Kotomine from the Fate universe, Baki from Naruto and Hai no Me from The ancient magus bride, so you might know the voice from one of those.

I remembered it right it was Nyanta's VA from log horizon.
Nov 6, 2021 1:19 AM

Jul 2015
High expectations and pressure on Eijun as ace, now hoping things just as Ochiai says doesn't go south.

Dec 24, 2022 7:39 PM

Oct 2015
We've seen a lot of "things going south" that I'm traumatized now. I trust Eijun but I still feel anxious for him. :')

It'll be tough, but he'll break through! That's the kind of man he is! :D
   HuaLian <3
Jul 21, 2023 11:08 PM

Aug 2019
Oh man, I’m not liking the vibes I’m getting from this episode. It just feels like Eijun is going to mess up because he’s pushing himself too hard. 

Chris we miss you!! I hope we see him soon.
Aug 20, 2023 6:52 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Even a text message from the goat Chris-senpai makes the episode worth it

More topics from this board

» is Diamond no Ace underrated?

LevyChase - Feb 11, 2022

20 by Nox--- »»
Apr 29, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.