Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 15, 2020 5:58 PM
Apr 2016
Katagari said:

Maaaan, husband and I binged the end of S3, Land vs Sky and S4 1-6 last night /cry. Now I have to wait weekly, noooooo!! I thought the fight between Land vs Sky was going to be much longer, I really wish they would have fleshed that out so I could see more of Bokuto <3

I really recommend the manga for that arc (Chapter 190-206, or Volume 22-23). They didn't cut that much for the Fukurodani match, but the Nohebi match basically cut out a whole character arc (Yamamoto's) and significant character moments for Nohebi, Shibayama. I still love the OVA though, Bokuto's spike was executed really well.
Feb 15, 2020 7:46 PM

Mar 2015
Oh Kageyama's got the mind break tag but for positive reasons lol
Feb 15, 2020 8:19 PM

Apr 2009
What the heck was the videogame-like intro for the teams? So awful. They are not going to do it every time, right?

Feb 16, 2020 7:38 AM

Feb 2020
Jin_uzuki said:
What the heck was the videogame-like intro for the teams? So awful. They are not going to do it every time, right?

They probably will. Since this season is supposed to be closer to the manga and starting player introductions were made in the manga before every match too. I personally like that a lot. Also that they show the positions of the current rotation.
Feb 16, 2020 7:56 AM

Oct 2018
Jin_uzuki said:
they will for sure, it makes people remember the name of characters and their positions too and they do this in manga too but anime made it too much over the top unlike manga.
Feb 16, 2020 8:35 AM

Oct 2019
Finally the dateko match begins!!!

I have to say though I'm worried about the animation....
I mean I have no problem with the change in art style,I can even say that I like it but whyyy it really feels like they are cuting corners with the animation. There are a lot more still frames and the animation doesnt feel as smooth as a result.
I never had that feeling when watching the previous seasons and I'm just like whyyy, whyyyy is this happening 😿

Anyway it was still a good episode and I can't wait for the next one!!
Feb 16, 2020 9:38 AM

Jun 2012
Haha, everyone's reaction to Kageyama's call was epic.

Feb 16, 2020 8:18 PM

Sep 2018
Daichi's "go home" scene is so funny xD
I don't know what's wrong with Nishinoya, why Kageyama yell at him.. but he looks Bakugo for a second hahaha
Feb 17, 2020 12:37 AM

Mar 2010
Fuck yeah Data Tech Vs Karasuno!
Feb 17, 2020 12:48 AM
Oct 2018
É muito bom ver o desenvolvimento deles ainda mais agora nesse episódio que estão reunidos outra vez. Só achei estranho a atitude do Kageyama no final, dá pra entender que ele está voltando a ser arrogante como era no fundamental. Tomara q não seja isso e eles se resolvam logo.kkkkkk
Feb 17, 2020 2:16 AM

Apr 2011
I finally caught up with this season after waiting for more than a month xD

Great episode as usual. I was surprised when Kageyama said that to Noya. Oh, boy! Can't wait what will happen next.
mshitsugaya10Feb 21, 2020 5:26 AM

Feb 17, 2020 5:01 AM

Mar 2010
As someone else mentioned here, it's nice to see that Kageyama will finally get over his trauma and further improve the team by being more outspoken. In my opinion, there's a fine balance in between being a toxic fuck and offering a legit criticism. One is making people angry and making it hard for someone to change, another is offering a different perspective and making changes less resistant.

I think this is what that Spiker guys said about Kageyama being too nice on the court. After his incident in middle school, he just follow the what the team want to do when in reality, he can offer better criticism and idea for the team to improve. I might be overreading this anime but damn, I learned a lot from this anime.
Feb 17, 2020 10:20 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty great 4/5 episode
Looking forward to seeing how Yuu was in the way LMAO
Feb 18, 2020 5:49 AM

Aug 2015
All the seasons of Haikyuu have been so short for me. Like... I think I finished each in two or three days. And this one so far has been the same, it never feels heavy or hard to maintain the interest in keep watching it.

Also... Wth Kageyama my guyyy... He really seems to be so much more serious after the training camp. We will see what happens....
Feb 23, 2020 7:20 PM
Jul 2014
yay karasuno's all together now although i can feel a shift in the dynamics and energy which is worrying. now that kageyama has experience playing with very skilled players, i think he's unintentionally comparing karasuno with some of the best of the best, which doesn't bode well for their teamwork >.<
hinata has gotten more experience and it shows and everyone can see it. he's growing and changing into a better, more technically skilled player and i love to see it although it is also something the whole team will have to get used to.
i hope we get to see in the next episode how tsukishima has improved from going to the camp.

with everyone back from the training camps, it marks a time of great change and honestly i think these changes could make or break the team. it does become an issue if only a couple individuals of a team become more seasoned.

it's obvious the balance is off with the team, especially in the last scene ugh i'm so nervous for karasuno.
Feb 24, 2020 1:19 PM
Oct 2019
CRONOS21426 said:
lezerman said:

I swear i read this same comment every time a new episode is out.
so quite a lot of us do agree

I DO THINK THE SAME. I' ve always loved Haikyuu for its animation as well, and now I SEE they reduced some dynamic scenes to distortion of the bodies and fragmented moves... I think they May have spent too MUCH on the new art style - which is a little worse that The original one in my opinion - and so they had to get a lower quality of the animation in general... I HOPE they're keeping their best for the new episodes anyway ❤️❤️
Mar 29, 2020 12:47 PM

Apr 2018
Kuzia said:
jane5671 said:
is it me or coach voice actor is different

Original seiyuu died

ahh.. no wonder. I thought something was off with his voice (thought the original seiyuu had a terrible cold or something).. dang.. rip :(
Apr 4, 2020 11:37 AM

Dec 2019
Finally we get to see something interesting, that ending tho Nishinoya is maaaaad.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 5, 2020 3:25 AM

Oct 2019
oh wow, i really hate how they presented the opening lineup. couldn't it have been done any better?

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Apr 9, 2020 9:07 PM

Feb 2013
This match will be awesome!
May 19, 2020 4:41 AM

Jul 2013
Good job Kageyama you brought the Bakugo out of Nishinoya lol. And what's up with the fancy, very shounen-like line up?
Jun 15, 2020 4:02 AM

May 2018
Date Tech is really good wow
Jun 18, 2020 7:26 PM
May 2020
The pacing was unbearably slow until the practice game started, then everything was fine.
Jul 31, 2020 8:21 AM

Feb 2018
Lol the whole team surprised on what Hinata did, and it was like nothing for him.
I guess where back on the normal where the place is lively and fun as hell.
And Captain being strict and scary as hell, while on the side Asahi-san and Sugawara being cute and funny.
And Kageyama sure is pumped-up on the practice match against Date-tech which is more powerful than ever before. And Nishinoya got triggered by what Kageyama said.
Sep 2, 2020 11:27 PM

Jun 2020
GREAT EPISODE. SO GOOD.

loved when kageyama was training & helping with hinata's spikes. these 2 uwuuu they've always got each other's backs

kageyama seemed like he was being harsh at the end but even his expression showed that he meant no ill. i wouldn't say "the king is back", he's no longer that same king x)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 12, 2020 9:28 AM

May 2014
Unnecessary dramatics at the end lol but great ep! LOVED the player cards!!
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oct 13, 2020 12:02 AM

May 2013
Oh my. Husbando mad x'D
why did King say that D:<
Apr 13, 2021 9:55 AM

Mar 2015
Time to see the fruits of their labor~!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 8, 2021 5:58 PM

Aug 2017
Lol Kageyama made Nishinoya angry. Date Tech is stronger than before! This episode felt like 5 minutes this time, good job.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 30, 2022 2:18 AM

Dec 2020
Date Kogyo is a terrifying team to play against, as usual. And they have gotten even stronger. This episode was really good. So far this has been a great match!
Jan 31, 2023 2:13 PM

Mar 2019
It sure feels weird to see them in a match again. I also forgot some of their attacks.

That ending!!! I didn't expect Nishinoya to react like that, was waiting for him to realize what he meant and move to the side, but now things are tense. I wonder what's going to happen.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 19, 2023 4:04 PM
Aug 2022
They can't nail comedy this season. Whooole different writing I see.
Aug 25, 2023 6:52 AM

Dec 2007
i feel something weird about how the match been played. i hope it's not because of the director replacement.

while i do want to see more of hinata's growing, it seems that kageyama going to take place at this part of the arc at least.
Oct 27, 2023 11:40 AM
Jul 2017
this was an average episode, we see kageyama becoming frustrated with his teammates because they are not as good as the players at the national youth camp. also we saw that the guy with the pun hair said he feels like kageyama is scowling

also we are beginning to see hints of hinata's abilities. like they said earlier in the eps his ability to read and his instincts will synchronize eventually

let's see where the conflict with nishinoya and toshi goes
Jan 20, 8:44 AM
Jan 2024
I just don't have time
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2020

73 by Cammell »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.