Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 12, 2020 12:48 PM

Dec 2018
TheNamelessGuy said:
Nuggey said:
For some reason, Iseakai Cheat Magician is getting a season 2. Watching season 1 physically, mentally, and spiritually destroyed me so I don’t know if I’ll be able to survive another season.
Not tryna be a fanboy or some shit but you know, you could just not watch the series if you hate it that much :)

I don’t drop series even if I dislike them and since I had already started it, I finished it. Plus I would argue that it is beneficial to watch shows that you don’t normally like or think are bad to broaden your senses on your own personal likes and dislikes.

skijo570 said:
Nuggey said:
For some reason, Iseakai Cheat Magician is getting a season 2. Watching season 1 physically, mentally, and spiritually destroyed me so I don’t know if I’ll be able to survive another season.

Really? i dont see any announcement.

I really hope its a joke, i swear, that show was something i cant describe. One of my trio of 1/10.

It wasn’t announced thankfully, I was thinking about Arifureta. Sorry to scare you XD

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiOct 17, 2020 7:14 PM
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Feb 12, 2020 12:56 PM

Aug 2018
Tropisch said:
yotamdin said:
Friendly reminder that hand shakers, this one super ugly anime that also had a terrible story, got a sequel (w'z) which I don't think anyone cared about anyway, not even enough to meme it

Not even 200 ten votes, lmao. Should I feel bad for it?
looking at reviews and online clips I can tell you that this anime was made with little to no effort and was probably meant to be a quick cash grab so make of it what you will haha
Feb 12, 2020 1:12 PM

Sep 2016
So much shit on isekai shows, bruh xD. Too glad we're getting sequels.

Also, apparently Psycho Pass 2 is hated. I liked it.
I'm kinda "uh" for Season 3 though...Season 2 + Movie pretty much wrapped everything up, including stuff S1 didn't solve.
What's the point of S3? What could possibly go on? idk

Let's add something new: Haganai.
Reset character development, reset relationship development, MC becomes cringe.
Forced pairing with f'ing useless annoying meat.
S2 should be gone. S1 was fine.

raisin-kun said:
Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! Ren was a sequel to a beloved series no one asked for and it almost ruined the series as a whole. Thank goodness we got Take on Me to reset most things.

I can't quote you enough.
Character development? Out of the window because yes.
Plot development? S1 showed things? What? Back to base one.

Nubiellee said:
Daily reminder that Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou will get a second season. :)

Hell yes :)
bruh
Feb 12, 2020 1:27 PM

Feb 2020
Kuroshitsuji 2 was just unnecessary.

And yeah I agree: Boruto is an insult to everyone who likes Naruto.
Feb 12, 2020 1:30 PM
Feb 2017
We never asked for more Code Geass.....
Feb 12, 2020 2:17 PM
Sep 2019
I watched them both (Isekai Cheat Magician), and you are SILLY if you dont think I'll watch those second seasons as well. Were they good? Nope. But I havent dropped a show yet![/quote] Same here, saving my first drop for a show that’s truly atrocious, came close with High Schooler’s have it easy even in another world with Isekai Cheat Magician a close second but idk since for some reason I’m a completionist who tortures himself to finish shows he actively hates and gets irritated with but hey it’s not like I can use all that time doing something actually productive instead of procrastinating

Nuggey said:
skijo570 said:

I really hope its a joke, i swear, that show was something i cant describe. One of my trio of 1/10.

It wasn’t announced thankfully, I was thinking about Arifureta. Sorry to scare you XD
best news in a while I was truly scared I was about to have to force myself to complete another season

KuniiOct 17, 2020 7:20 PM
Feb 12, 2020 2:22 PM

Feb 2019
Nefelupitou said:
The Steins;Gate movie's useless...

Watching it for the first time. God damn it ended so fast. It had such a cool idea but went nowhere with it. It's decent but it just could've been so much better.

The only thing that comes to mind is the FLCL sequels. Watching the first FLCL I decided to give the sequels a shot. I despised Progressive because of how utterly lifeless it was. It lacks so much of the energy and surrealism of what made FLCL so memorable.

The main characters were forgettable and didn't really do anything for it's "plot". Hidomi was the only memorable aspect for me because of her character design aside from fact she had little personality.

Alternative was a slight improvement over Progressive because the main cast was actually likable and had chemistry. I sometimes feel that these "sequels" should've just been there own thing.

Haruko was just added just to remind people your watching a sequel to FLCL and she plays very little in it's plot outside from just being Haruko. What can I say I really found no enjoyment in them. Alternative had it's really fun moments but it couldn't save it's mediocrity.

KuniiOct 17, 2020 7:15 PM
Feb 12, 2020 4:30 PM

Nov 2008
Ferien said:

anyway, I guess the Fukkatsu no Lelouch movie. literally no one in the fanbase was asking for that

I mostly definitely was. The shitty TV ending is now fixed, thank God. :D

Feb 12, 2020 4:32 PM

Feb 2010
GalacticMagna said:
Im gonna go with Index 3. I mean im no ln reader but I felt things were rushed in transition to the second season. It only made things bad for me and three episodes was all I can take from this mediocrity

a ton of people wanted index season 3, but we wanted a well adapted 45 episode season 3 not well... that mess we got.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 12, 2020 5:49 PM

Jul 2016
Nuggey said:
skijo570 said:

Close call, was about to start questioning the whole industry
Feb 15, 2020 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
MrLegitimacy said:
JeffreyHo said:
Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise, like Sunrise needs to stop making gundam build anime and start making new universes srsly

A-fucking-men. At this rate the next build series will star only NPC furries in SD "gundam" customs.
Lmao this comment made my day, thank you @MrLegitimacy
Mar 20, 2020 5:32 AM

Dec 2019
Fairy Gone, that thing should have really been gone and forgotten after the first season. Also all those copy-paste isekai anime - how do these manage to get more seasons when good stuff like AkaYona still can't get one :(
Mar 20, 2020 5:34 AM
Dec 2019
shield hero, fate, bnha, shouldve stopped afetr s1
Mar 20, 2020 5:52 AM
Sep 2019
Same. Boruto. No one really asked for that. I'm not stating my own personal judgments of whether it's good or bad. I'm just saying that when Naruto ended, it was already pretty drawn out as is. No one needed a sequel to show us what their kids would look like.
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Mar 20, 2020 6:03 AM

Dec 2008
High School D x D. Enough with that show.
Mar 20, 2020 6:27 AM
Jul 2019
Fifth season of Shokugeki no Souma, the Blue arc was so bad.

Steins;Gate 0, I loved the original but I can't bring myself to watch it. Original felt complete, why add more?

Dragon Ball Super, it became ridiculous.

Upcoming Danmachi season, it's so mediocre. I don't know why people watch that.
Mar 20, 2020 7:30 PM

Sep 2019
Chuunibyou season 2.

They threw a third wheel onto a bicycle and created some monstrosity. It would have been much better with a different story.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Mar 20, 2020 7:51 PM

May 2011
Code Geass
Darker Than Black
and I would have said Kuroshitsuji but it got its respective and truthful Sequel.
Mar 20, 2020 8:07 PM

Sep 2010
JeffreyHo said:
Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise, like Sunrise needs to stop making gundam build anime and start making new universes srsly

Only the First Gundam Build was really good and the story was actually entertaining. Try was okay at least I managed to finish it, but Build Divers is pretty terrible I might go back and finish them though even if I did drop them. Cause I want to complete every Gundam series outside of the SD Gundam series never really was a fan of those.

W'z I honestly thought it was a new series by GoHands, but nope it was a sequel to the garbage dump known as Handshakers trolololololo.

Also all the K: Seven Stories movies were awful except for the last few minutes of Side:Red Burn. I know aside from the final movie none of them are sequels and all of them happened before the first season of the anime. Still like I wanted the novels to be animated, but not like that NOT LIKE THAT. They probably didn't even follow the LNs I bet except for small pieces here and there cause I know for a fact Side:Red LN was more than the main Homra trio just sitting around and talking for 30 fucking minutes. I am still pissed off about the movies also the terrible redesigns for the characters. G O D

"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 20, 2020 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know why all of you hate Arifureta and are against a sequel. You guys really can't appreciate a good comedy.
Mar 20, 2020 8:59 PM
Dec 2016
Yeah, I agree with Boruto. I love Naruto, but like, I felt pretty complete by the time it was over. Didn't need that.

I feel like a lot of sequels sound like great ideas and then end up not being such good ideas after all.
Mar 28, 2020 12:44 PM

Aug 2018
Obvious choice would be boruto, its a cheap cash grab and milking of naruto franchice

Steins gates 0 - Its good , however it wasn’t really needed or shouldve been done more differently than it is
Mar 28, 2020 12:58 PM
Jan 2018
The irregular at magic is getting another season for some reason

Maneki-Mew said:
I don't know why all of you hate Arifureta and are against a sequel. You guys really can't appreciate a good comedy.

Arifureta was a good comedy?
Two thirds of the "comedy" Involved the harem fighting over the MC, real original there,
And the rest was the bunny bitchs portions and the dragon bitchs anal tendencies

KuniiOct 17, 2020 7:25 PM
Mar 28, 2020 1:56 PM

Aug 2018
Agree with the masses on the boruto series. The 2015 film was surprisingly good, and a nice homage for Naruto fans. On the other hand, the series, sorry to say, was unwanted and just bad.

Rurouni Kenshin New Kyoto Arc series (2011/2012) was mediocre. It was so rushed and severely lacked the charm of the original series.
Mar 28, 2020 2:02 PM

Aug 2018
I felt like the sequels to Chuunibyou demo was a completely unnecessary cash grab that really didn't add anything of value to the story.
Mar 28, 2020 2:04 PM

Aug 2018
Hc_21 said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Arifureta was a good comedy?
Two thirds of the "comedy" Involved the harem fighting over the MC, real original there,
And the rest was the bunny bitchs portions and the dragon bitchs anal tendencies
You didn't get the sarcasm there.OP was implying that the show is so bad that it's "good".If that's not sarcasm then OP clearly has shit taste.

After completing Psycho Pass 3:First Inspector,I could say the whole Psycho Pass franchise.s1 was fucking great but now they are shitting on its legacy.There was no need for s2 but the madlads made two seasons and 5 movies to milk on the success of season 1.Everything contradicts and invalidates plot points and themes of the original.
sonofbatmanrp13Mar 28, 2020 2:13 PM
Mar 28, 2020 2:34 PM

Apr 2008
The second season of Tokyo Ghoul:re...it didn't even need a first one.
Mar 28, 2020 2:50 PM

Sep 2018
It hasn't been announced so maybe they (hopefully) aren't coming through with a second season, but the ending of Maou-sama, Retry! implies that they might be looking to make a second season. Left off on a cliffhanger and ended with a "to be continued". I could barely get through the just the first season...I can't take anymore
♪ MAL card collector and anime challenge enjoyer
♫ My alignment is Chaotic Stupid™

Anime Challenges
Card Collection
DELIVER HERE!
Mar 28, 2020 2:52 PM

May 2016
Definitely we wanted berserk but not CGI berserk.
Mar 30, 2020 4:43 PM

Mar 2020
No one asked for Boruto, so why it exist? Why?
Mar 31, 2020 9:22 PM

Jun 2012
Rewatched Steins Gate 0 recently and my opinion of it improved since the first watch. It isn't as good as the original, but it's still a good thriller and we get to see the side characters take on a more important role which as nice given how Okabe centric the original is.
Shoot first, think never.
Mar 31, 2020 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
FLCL.

Progressive felt like desecrating a monument and Alternative would have been better as its own thing.
Mar 31, 2020 10:37 PM

Nov 2016
Konosuba - 1st season was at least decent but 2nd season is as terrible as possible...

Nuggey said:
skijo570 said:

Maybe I have different taste, but I would like to see 2nd season of both of them :D (magician 2nd season wasn't confirmed as far as I know)

KuniiOct 17, 2020 7:23 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 7 hours ago

5 by Rhaelynne »»
15 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

18 by billybub »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 57 minutes ago

5 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

1 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

58 by LostSpectre »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.