Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 4, 2020 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
That was very fun to watch, i'm happy it's not one of those i'm trapped in virtual game anime. I will definitely keep watching.
Oct 29, 2020 9:33 AM
Jul 2014
Lol, so basically poison is completely useless in this game, because what any experienced player would instantly do at the very beginning would be grinding poison resistance.
Dec 2, 2020 6:08 AM
Apr 2016
Oi, that's that cute shit! Not really fan of 'moe' crap like this, but whatever, I'll try to get what I can out of this.
Dec 18, 2020 3:53 AM

Jul 2020
I mainly love this because it has a SAO and Reincarnated Slime vibe
Jan 9, 2021 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
I can't tell if Maple is dense or brilliant. It's refreshing to watch one of these power fantasy MMORPG anime where the main character is truly an ordinary person just trying to have fun playing the game. I think she'd make for a fantastic play tester, if just for how she randomly stumbled upon all this gamebreaking nonsense.
Jan 16, 2021 6:17 PM
Jun 2020
This was a fine enough start to keep me interested. I think this'll be a fun series.
Apr 2, 2021 5:05 PM
May 2020
3 seconds into the anime and already have a complaint, who even holds phone sideways when video calling someone
Apr 15, 2021 8:21 AM

Feb 2020
CGDCT which means I was sold immediately.

That was adorable! Maple is so kawaii. ^^

She bite the dragon to death. xD That was hilarious..

Great first episode.
Apr 18, 2021 3:57 AM

Aug 2018
What is this? This show... too sweet... I'm getting diabetus xD
I think I'm gonna love this.
Apr 26, 2021 12:24 AM

Sep 2012
Kokoro_Kotashima said:
Oh man. As a gamer girl, I'm just cringing at the noob LMAO. Entertaining enough, but I'm forever a DPS type of player. AoE skills are a plus <3 I can't imagine just defending-- too boring xD

i imagine her being OP think she is like a wall and new has the dragons poison attack, i imagine this being OP like being trapped in a room filled with poison gas :D

HanageShinken said:
Lol, so basically poison is completely useless in this game, because what any experienced player would instantly do at the very beginning would be grinding poison resistance.

well considering other were thinking its would be crazy to go in that dungeon solo and she beat it solo i don't think others had brains to do that

Shocked said:
I can't tell if Maple is dense or brilliant. It's refreshing to watch one of these power fantasy MMORPG anime where the main character is truly an ordinary person just trying to have fun playing the game. I think she'd make for a fantastic play tester, if just for how she randomly stumbled upon all this gamebreaking nonsense.

i think she is both :D
Sugram22May 2, 2021 10:59 AM
Aug 1, 2021 6:12 PM

Mar 2010
This anime takes the word plot armor to another level.
Oct 9, 2021 12:38 PM

May 2017
Started this anime that was on my plan to watch list cause date a live game do a collab , expecting a tank loli doing what a loli would do with a shield 🤔

I had a happy face the whole ep XD 10/10

Poor bunny trying his best untill... 😭

Wasnt expecting a loli to eat hydra alive 😱

And one of the best part is all thoses op skills that keep coming easely , in only 1 ep , she already got a unique equipment that get stronger all the time

She already have a fanclub
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Nov 12, 2021 7:31 PM

Feb 2014
Yeeaaaah... I will not enjoy this one, will I?

The last fight was cool, I guess, and seeing a girl eat a hydra the way Kumoko did was funny, but I'm pretty much not really interested in anything this anime has to offer atm.
Jan 9, 2022 7:18 AM

Apr 2013
Good first episode, the concept of someone who is afraid playing an online game is interesting and the characters seem nice. Though the game is just a bit too easy for her, it basically gives her everything she could ever ask for with her style of playing. While the start was believable, even though defense builds are clearly broken af, the way she beat the dragon and the reward was just too good to be true. I mean she can't be hurt by stuff but with her non-existing attack power without a weapon she can bite a dragon to death? And then she gets the perfect gear, that was a bit too much.
Mar 16, 2022 6:30 AM
Mar 2022
when Maple started eating the dragon -- I can honestly say I didn't see that coming lol
Aug 10, 2022 5:35 PM
Jun 2019
Pretty late to the party.

Well, this first episode was pretty interesting and entertaining for the most part. However, the most unbelievable part of this anime was that the name "Maple" had yet to be taken lol
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Oct 18, 2022 11:02 AM

May 2015
Great shield is the best :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 27, 2022 5:39 AM

Aug 2018
Poor mister monsters.. Trying so hard to hit..
So you can level up resistance to immunity..
Nov 16, 2022 10:58 AM

Jun 2019
Oh my god... Maple is so freaking adorable. I love her already. She looks like such an awesome protagonist. What a girl. LUL
Dec 13, 2022 6:31 PM

Nov 2022
As a tank player in every MMORPG back in the day, I resonate with this girl and I feel like I'm going to love this series.
Jan 1, 2023 6:46 PM
Feb 2016
Revisando los animes de la primera temporada del 2023, vi que esta anime tiene una segunda parte. Revise por encima, aqui en MyAnimeList, y vi que los personajes principales son mujeres, así que decici agregarlo a mi lista.

Jan 21, 2023 7:09 PM

Sep 2017
Well apparently the devs didn't balance their game for shit or just made a min maxed defense build the most OP thing cause she's basically immune to all damage lmao.
Jan 27, 2023 3:26 PM
Dec 2022
You gotta admire how advanced gaming can be in anime. I bet gaming companies feel jealous about this XDD
Mar 14, 2023 10:07 AM

Jun 2014
It's a good start, but nothing trully special.
Jun 8, 2023 7:25 AM

Aug 2019
Really nice first episode imo! I love our MC so far lol
Jun 26, 2023 9:28 PM
Mar 2023

Title: A Refreshing Twist on Gaming - Episode 1 Review of "Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu"

Episode 1 of "Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu" dives headfirst into a captivating virtual gaming experience. With its unique concept and lovable characters, this anime sets the stage for an enjoyable and refreshing journey.

The episode introduces us to Kaede Honjou, a novice gamer who reluctantly ventures into the virtual reality MMORPG, "NewWorld Online." What sets this anime apart is Kaede's unconventional approach to character progression. By investing all her points in defense, she unwittingly becomes an impervious tank. This unexpected twist adds an intriguing dynamic to the story, deviating from the usual gaming anime tropes and piquing the viewer's curiosity.

Visually, the animation is vibrant and engaging, effectively bringing the game world to life. The character designs are distinctive and appealing, showcasing the diversity of players within the game. The attention to detail in the game's environment and action sequences is commendable, capturing the essence of a virtual reality adventure.

The episode strikes a good balance between establishing the game's mechanics and immersing viewers in the story. The pacing keeps the narrative engaging, allowing for character development and world-building without overwhelming the audience. The comedic moments are well-placed, providing levity and enhancing the overall enjoyment of the episode.

The friendship between Kaede and Risa Shiromine is a delightful aspect of the episode. Their camaraderie and mutual support add warmth to the story, emphasizing the joy of gaming together. It's refreshing to see a positive portrayal of female friendship in the gaming genre, further enhancing the relatability and likability of the characters.

The climax of the episode, featuring a thrilling boss battle, showcases Kaede's unorthodox playstyle and strategic decision-making. The action sequences are well-animated and adrenaline-inducing, creating an exciting viewing experience. Kaede's innovative approach to overcoming challenges within the game sets the stage for an intriguing progression in future episodes.

Overall, Episode 1 of "Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu" presents a promising start to a captivating gaming anime. With its unique premise, endearing characters, and impressive animation, it offers a refreshing twist on the genre. I eagerly anticipate the further adventures of Kaede as she continues to defy conventions and explores the possibilities of the virtual world.
Jul 17, 2023 5:57 PM
Jan 2023
Not a bad start, Maple seems to be a good character so far. Maxing out the defense is definitely an interesting strategy and her eating the hydra until it died was rather entertaining.
So far the animation is pretty good, so I have high hopes for this show.
Aug 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Feb 2015
Allow me to summarize this anime:

If this is a joke, it's not funny. Bcs, where is the joke?
If this is serious, it's not working.

A waste of time, effort, and bandwidth. This show.
Aug 28, 2023 10:19 AM
Dec 2009
Fun episode be but whoever balanced this game deserves to be fired
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Oct 12, 2023 5:32 PM
Mar 2023
Very decent first episode, Kaede is a perfect picture a person a noob just starting out gaming. To those that commented about the developers or beta testers for what we seen so far I can't picture any beta tester or regular player would ever think of eating one of bosses even if a game is as immersive as NWO is. Either the developers already had a complete list of skills that a player could earn or the VRMMORPG has a pretty decent AI that can give a player skills when they earn them.

For noob like Kaede is she is pretty smart and able to stay calm in order to remember that she already had some poison resistance and stayed in am attempt to get it higher if she didn't have any she would have most likely attempted to flew the dungeon.

Seeing the game in the show makes me wish that the virtual reality games that we have now was at that level.
Nov 2, 2023 11:35 AM

Nov 2022
Didn't expect the MC to be a girl. What a hilarious story though
Nov 8, 2023 7:29 AM
Mar 2018
Haha what a funny and stupe character we have here lol
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Nov 2013
Cute girl is just cluelessly breaking the game, while experienced players envy her. That's actually one of the funniest things i've ever seen.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

139 by yourboy_asta »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.