Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2019 7:10 AM
Dec 2019
So who was the last guy sailing on the ship??? Was that older thorfinn???
Dec 30, 2019 7:30 AM
Nov 2017
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

I did not enjoy Thorfinn's screentime either, but it didn't matter because he is the least important character in the story (so far). The fact that you haven't realized this only shows that you either paid no any attention the the actual plot, or you are simply here to start a flame war.

for you it doesn't matter' for me YES IT MATTERS A LOT since i was expecting three things that i didn't see throughout 24 episodes: character development, world building and mature contet. i analyse the whole thing, and a meaningless and emotionless thing like this it's not my cup of tea. prologue? my ass, i want a chara development.

What do you think character development anyway? Is it being stronger or immediately getting a power up to save his nakama? No! Askeladd has a lot of character development, so does Thorfinn. Character development doesn't mean you have to like the character. Just look at Griffith in Berserk, he's like the most hated character, yet he is the greatest antagonist. The author makes you hates Thorfinn, and that is his character development. Also, Seinen series doesn't mean the character has to be smart, that doesn't makes any sense. A lot of seinen character is more lost, more like they can't save their own live, but because of this "character development" makes them a great character. It isn't like a shonen character where you only need determination and everything goes well.

Also, if you're wondering what character development for Thorfinn is, he's a simple one, but really impact the story. He was basically a young innocent child who has true warrior father. His father only wants Thorfinn to live his life without a problem and doesn't want Thorfinn to end up like himself when he was a vikings. But Thorfinn just becomes one of them, a killing machine.

Seriously, I just hate someone who doesn't know what character development is yet they act like they're some kind of professional who said this series has no character development. Every series, even shounen (Naruto wants to become a hokage, Luffy wants to become a king of a pirate, etc) all are character development. Also, character development doesn't need to be the character should be changes, but reveal their 'secret' (like their motivation, their past, etc) is also a character development (and yes, I'm saying about Askeladd). Plus, the philosophy, like Hisoka from HxH (wants to fight a strong opponent only to wakes his boner) and Thorkell (wants to fight a strong opponent so he can goes to valhalla) is also a character development. It's okay if it's not your cup of tea, but just because you don't like how Thorfinn being develop 'his way', doesn't mean this series just doesn't have character development all of a sudden.
Dec 30, 2019 7:30 AM
Dec 2019
Guys i just wanna ask, is vinland saga 100% accurate to history? History said King Sweyn died because he was falling from his horse. But in this anime canute and his followers killed him. I just cant trust both.
Dec 30, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2019
Esseexx said:
Guys i just wanna ask, is vinland saga 100% accurate to history? History said King Sweyn died because he was falling from his horse. But in this anime canute and his followers killed him. I just cant trust both.

i don't think so..idk though
misato > asuka > rei
Dec 30, 2019 7:32 AM

Feb 2014
What a way for me to end 2019 for the airing anime this season with an episode as mental and brutal as this finale of Vinland Saga, fittingly titled "End Of The Prologue".

Sweyn made a big mistake for the low-blow style insult he made to Askeladd about Wales, which left Askeladd looking vehemently pissed off. Inevitably, Askeladd revolted at the king, announced his true name as Lucius Artorius Castus, and beheaded King Sweyn. This then led to Askeladd's last stand as he decimated the opposing soldiers, but his true motive here was noticed by Canute.

By then, Thorfinn arrived and lost his mind once more, but Canute made his move to finish off Askeladd, which was what Askeladd set up this whole stage for in the first place. With Askeladd now dead, Thorfinn is at a lost now. His main goal was to kill Askeladd to avenge his father's death, but that's now been taken away from him. Who knows what'll happen to him from here on out, but I hope he heeds Askeladd's parting words and starts to finally grow up and become a man now.

Overall, this show has been very memorable. The visuals and animation was a tad weak at times midway through this season, but other episodes made up for it, like this last episode as well. Great soundtrack and most of the voice acting was very good, too. The hint for a second season in already there, so I hope it'll be confirmed very soon. =D

9/10 is my final score.
Dec 30, 2019 7:33 AM
Nov 2017
Snapdragosamurai said:
So who was the last guy sailing on the ship??? Was that older thorfinn???

Spoiler, (not really that big), he's one of the character in Farmland arc and becomes friend with Thorfinn.
Dec 30, 2019 7:37 AM

Jun 2016
9/10

this anime so fuckingggg gooodddddddd
Dec 30, 2019 7:40 AM
Aug 2018
mohrip said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

for you it doesn't matter' for me YES IT MATTERS A LOT since i was expecting three things that i didn't see throughout 24 episodes: character development, world building and mature contet. i analyse the whole thing, and a meaningless and emotionless thing like this it's not my cup of tea. prologue? my ass, i want a chara development.

What do you think character development anyway? Is it being stronger or immediately getting a power up to save his nakama? No! Askeladd has a lot of character development, so does Thorfinn. Character development doesn't mean you have to like the character. Just look at Griffith in Berserk, he's like the most hated character, yet he is the greatest antagonist. The author makes you hates Thorfinn, and that is his character development. Also, Seinen series doesn't mean the character has to be smart, that doesn't makes any sense. A lot of seinen character is more lost, more like they can't save their own live, but because of this "character development" makes them a great character. It isn't like a shonen character where you only need determination and everything goes well.

Also, if you're wondering what character development for Thorfinn is, he's a simple one, but really impact the story. He was basically a young innocent child who has true warrior father. His father only wants Thorfinn to live his life without a problem and doesn't want Thorfinn to end up like himself when he was a vikings. But Thorfinn just becomes one of them, a killing machine.

Seriously, I just hate someone who doesn't know what character development is yet they act like they're some kind of professional who said this series has no character development. Every series, even shounen (Naruto wants to become a hokage, Luffy wants to become a king of a pirate, etc) all are character development. Also, character development doesn't need to be the character should be changes, but reveal their 'secret' (like their motivation, their past, etc) is also a character development (and yes, I'm saying about Askeladd). Plus, the philosophy, like Hisoka from HxH (wants to fight a strong opponent only to wakes his boner) and Thorkell (wants to fight a strong opponent so he can goes to valhalla) is also a character development. It's okay if it's not your cup of tea, but just because you don't like how Thorfinn being develop 'his way', doesn't mean this series just doesn't have character development all of a sudden.

i don't see any character development in thorfinn, after 24 episodes he is the same idiot and useless brat who always needs his ass covered and protected, he's more female than canute from this point of view. askeladd same thing, no character development. and yes, seinen NEEDS to be more mature, and i don't any mature thing in 24 episodes. is thorfinn mature? NO. i really hoped for him to be dead, he's a useless character. and i think we can stop it here, since you're not going to make me change idea. continue to fag an overrated series, it's not up to me to judge. but the reviews with 5 or less are more accurate.
Dec 30, 2019 7:41 AM

Nov 2019

i don't see any character development in thorfinn, after 24 episodes he is the same idiot and useless brat who always needs his ass covered and protected, he's more female than canute from this point of view. askeladd same thing, no character development. and yes, seinen NEEDS to be more mature, and i don't any mature thing in 24 episodes. is thorfinn mature? NO. i really hoped for him to be dead, he's a useless character. and i think we can stop it here, since you're not going to make me change idea. continue to fag an overrated series, it's not up to me to judge. but the reviews with 5 or less are more accurate.

well you're gonna get that with farmland thats for sure
misato > asuka > rei
Dec 30, 2019 7:58 AM

Mar 2018
@IwaOi-KHRStan Do you really think the only valid form of character development is characters "growing" and not how they're developed through continuous characterization aka character writing (actions, thoughts, speech).

Sorry you don't actually have points it's all meaningless rants.

Constantly attacking Thorfinn is also a sign of meaningless criticism since the main attraction is his strange relationship with Askeladd (the real protagonist of this arc) and that's why he didn't get focus.

Even then he grew from an innocent child with idealistic views of Vikings and their adventures and beliefs into a cold-hearted killer with an unhealthy desire for revenge while self-doubting himself constantly.

Canute had a great character arc with growth and got just as much focus as Thorfinn.
poop
Dec 30, 2019 8:02 AM
Nov 2017
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
mohrip said:

Then let me know what do you think character development is and give me one example of it.
Dec 30, 2019 8:28 AM
Apr 2014
Well shit. I got spoiled long ago that Askeladd dies somewhere in the manga, but I thought it would be like 3-4 arcs in, not in the very first one.
Dec 30, 2019 8:49 AM
Aug 2018
-Seiya- said:

well you're gonna get that with farmland thats for sure

too late for me. it's not my cup tea, a shit that starts developing so late after a two-arc first season without nothing.
Dec 30, 2019 8:52 AM
Aug 2018
Esquirtit said:
@IwaOi-KHRStan Do you really think the only valid form of character development is characters "growing" and not how they're developed through continuous characterization aka character writing (actions, thoughts, speech).

Constantly attacking Thorfinn is also a sign of meaningless criticism since the main attraction is his strange relationship with Askeladd (the real protagonist of this arc) and that's why he didn't get focus.

Even then he grew from an innocent child with idealistic views of Vikings and their adventures and beliefs into a cold-hearted killer with an unhealthy desire for revenge while self-doubting himself constantly.

Canute had a great character arc with growth and got just as much focus as Thorfinn.

i simply stated my opinion on the matter. a 17-year old boy in Vikings times doesn't need to be protected. i'm ready to see canute protecting thorfinn, rather than the opposite thing. and the fact that thorfinn lacks everything is needed for a protagonist, same for askeladd, is only one of the weak points of the season and the reason why i dislike ir.
rather than acting like faggots, try to understand different point of views.
Dec 30, 2019 8:58 AM
Feb 2016
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
Esquirtit said:

i simply stated my opinion on the matter. a 17-year old boy in Vikings times doesn't need to be protected. i'm ready to see canute protecting thorfinn, rather than the opposite thing. and the fact that thorfinn lacks everything is needed for a protagonist, same for askeladd, is only one of the weak points of the season and the reason why i dislike ir.
rather than acting like faggots, try to understand different point of views.

MAL letting more people troll under thr guise of "differing opinions". He just wants to go against what anyone else says in order to spark controversy and get everyone riled up. But if I report his post then I'm "backseat modding".

This isn't a "different" view point. It's a stupid one. Let's just call a spade a spade. Dude watched 24 episodes and gave it a "0/10". That's all that needs to be said.

Mods, do your job. He's baiting.
Dec 30, 2019 9:02 AM

Mar 2018
@IwaOi-KHRStan "a 17-year old boy in Vikings times doesn't need to be protected" ?? sorry I don't understand this faggotized argument

all the characters are developed, askeladd easily the most complex yet you value him as much as thorfinn, so whatever, you do you.
poop
Dec 30, 2019 9:10 AM

Mar 2014
-Aincrad- said:
I have dropped this anime at episode 9 while it was still airing.
And in the past few weeks many have told me to keep watching it, that it gets much better. But I still didn't feel like it.

And since the last episode came out yesterday, I started watching it where I had left off in the evening, and finished it now.

Until episode 9 I had rated this anime 8/10.

I admit, it got significantly better after like episode 13-14, and got better and better. This episode was really amazing, a truly great one.

But I still can't rate the anime higher than 8. Honestly, I was even thinking of giving it 7/10, 'cause even though I liked it, I didn't really feel anything special during any episode while watching it. It was just a regular enjoyable anime for me.

Nothing against the anime, it really is good, and I can understand why people like it so much or call it AOTY, but for me, it wasn't anything special.

8/10 overall.

Yet you were like the 5th or 6th post in this thread and said something along this "This salty boy got annoyed at so many 5's so i rated this episode a 1". Those were allmost your own words, yet you deleted the post and now create this one. So you were the first 1/5 of this episode without actualling seen it, yet you now claim that it was a great one and you have catched up with the series?

Why are you so cynical? Why are they so many users like you on these database that think they can/should manipulate the scores? Why cant you just enjoy two different shows?
Dec 30, 2019 9:12 AM

Dec 2015
Great final episode. I bet Askeladd planned on killing the King so he could protect Wales - and help Canute to get established. (Planned on getting killed by Canute.) Even though it seemed like it took some time for Canute to realize. (First he wanted to sent Thorkell to stop Askeladd when it seemed Thorkell had realized the plan a bit sooner.)

Great how he insulted the king. And the reactions. Especially Floki with his funny square/rectangular shaped face. :D

Good finales ... they happen less than the bad ones. But for "great scenes" this really is a rarity. That moment. The episode name/title. And how Askeladd had been used. That really had a huge impact on me as viewer.

Also the small sword (or dagger) reflecting the past of Thorfinn at the end.

I'm giving 8.5 (rounding up to 9) because of the weaker start and the too sudden change of Canute. Also Canute and Thorfinn were weaker chars. Askeladd and Thorkell were more interesting. I hope for more Canute and Thorkell ... until Thorfinn matures a bit more. (Hopefully not only focus on Thorfinn.)

Good to see that there are other great shounen anime besides Attack on Titan with the potential for a more than 1 season. Since I like vikings as setting more I have this one scored much higher than the first season of AoT (which was weak). I just hope they aren't doing something like Berserk where the stuff adapted in the first anime was the strongest plot-wise. :D (With weaker plot later.) Askeladd surely will be missed.

And for comparison: I dropped Kimetsu no Yaiba after episode 6 and scored it 6/10 only. Yeah had good visuals and sound as well. But if the chars are that annoying and the plot too much like "for kids only" I just can't enjoy it. Never liked stuff similar to Naruto, etc.
LuthandoriusDec 30, 2019 9:16 AM
Dec 30, 2019 9:22 AM

Oct 2018
Soulblight said:
-Aincrad- said:
I have dropped this anime at episode 9 while it was still airing.
And in the past few weeks many have told me to keep watching it, that it gets much better. But I still didn't feel like it.

And since the last episode came out yesterday, I started watching it where I had left off in the evening, and finished it now.

Until episode 9 I had rated this anime 8/10.

I admit, it got significantly better after like episode 13-14, and got better and better. This episode was really amazing, a truly great one.

But I still can't rate the anime higher than 8. Honestly, I was even thinking of giving it 7/10, 'cause even though I liked it, I didn't really feel anything special during any episode while watching it. It was just a regular enjoyable anime for me.

Nothing against the anime, it really is good, and I can understand why people like it so much or call it AOTY, but for me, it wasn't anything special.

8/10 overall.

Yet you were like the 5th or 6th post in this thread and said something along this "This salty boy got annoyed at so many 5's so i rated this episode a 1". Those were allmost your own words, yet you deleted the post and now create this one. So you were the first 1/5 of this episode without actualling seen it, yet you now claim that it was a great one and you have catched up with the series?

Why are you so cynical? Why are they so many users like you on these database that think they can/should manipulate the scores? Why cant you just enjoy two different shows?

I have no idea what the actual fuck you are talking about.

-Aincrad-Dec 30, 2019 9:25 AM
Dec 30, 2019 9:27 AM

Mar 2014
-Aincrad- said:

I must be crazy and making this all up because i got a personal agenda against you? Right? Stop with the cynicism, you actually made that post stating what i stated, any mod could verify it. I just cannot take your posts seriously anymore.
Dec 30, 2019 9:29 AM
Dec 2019
Overall liked the show. Especially the Nordic themed music was great.

But I find it shocking how few interesting characters this show established in 24 episodes. Askeladd was without a doubt the best one with the most buildup, and he is now dead. Thorfinn is incredibly bland. Canute is pretty decent. Thorkell sucks hard. And that's kinda it for the characters that had a lot of screentime. If I felt generous I could include Leif as well, but he had little importance except for the beginning and somewhat near the end.

It's somewhat sad that the show ends when the story picked up its pace and got more political. That part was really good. As was the whole of episode 24, especially the scene with the dagger. I think I liked the beginning and end best, the middle part dragged with some highlights. Would've been good to cut some stuff there, but I guess they wanted to use the whole 24 episodes (and not anger manga readers^^)

Overall I find it interesting how hard the term "seinen" is thrown around here to show that this is "for grown ups". Honestly, I would compare Vinland Saga to Attack on Titan rather than Berserk. It is one of those shows that has a lot of dark themes, but enough shounen components (fucking Thorkell, Thorfinn Naruto-running,...) so that teenagers will like it. Maybe all that changes after the prologue?
Dec 30, 2019 9:30 AM
Aug 2018
Esquirtit said:
@IwaOi-KHRStan "a 17-year old boy in Vikings times doesn't need to be protected" ?? sorry I don't understand this faggotized argument

all the characters are developed, askeladd easily the most complex yet you value him as much as thorfinn, so whatever, you do you.

i will ignore this forum from now on, i only stated my opinion and since it's not respected at all, goodbye. there are a lot of good people hating this shit series who are able to respect the fans. you and the others here, are unable to do so. goodbye.
Dec 30, 2019 9:31 AM

Oct 2018
Soulblight said:
-Aincrad- said:

I must be crazy and making this all up because i got a personal agenda against you? Right? Stop with the cynicism, you actually made that post stating what i stated, any mod could verify it. I just cannot take your posts seriously anymore.

Yes I made a comment like that, then deleted it after a few minutes, 'cause it was actually just pointless, would've just started a pointless argument most likely.

And if you took a fucking look at the picture, you could see I have rated it 5/5.

So again: I have no idea what the actual fuck you are talking about.
Dec 30, 2019 9:34 AM
Jan 2019
Best anime of year :)

Wait for second season
Dec 30, 2019 9:44 AM

Mar 2018
@IwaOi-KHRStan You called us faggots for defending this series from your idiotic criticism lol. Your opinion is not respected because it doesn't make sense, sorry lol.

@Sylverthas idk why they did the naruto running, it wasn't in the manga, maybe to save animation because you don't have to animate arms flapping around lol?. in other scenes he was running normally (even in the same episode), so stupid.

it's things like that which make me question if the production teams behind anime are actually literally full of degenerates.
poop
Dec 30, 2019 9:47 AM
Aug 2017
I really don't know what to say. One of the best season ending and any single ep I have seen in a while.
Dec 30, 2019 10:04 AM

Aug 2019
Sylverthas said:

Overall I find it interesting how hard the term "seinen" is thrown around here to show that this is "for grown ups". Honestly, I would compare Vinland Saga to Attack on Titan rather than Berserk. It is one of those shows that has a lot of dark themes, but enough shounen components (fucking Thorkell, Thorfinn Naruto-running,...) so that teenagers will like it. Maybe all that changes after the prologue?

IRC, it was originally published in a shounen magazine for 6 months before changing over to a Seinen publication and remaining that way ever since.

I do agree that some people throw around the "seinen" label a lot on here as if it's some sort of badge of honour, and to deflect some valid criticisms of the series. That's coming from someone that gave it a 9/10 as well.

There are some extremely mature shounen out there and some childish Seinen, so I automatically tune out when it's used in any sort of argument.

Dec 30, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2015
Sylverthas said:
Overall liked the show. Especially the Nordic themed music was great.

But I find it shocking how few interesting characters this show established in 24 episodes. Askeladd was without a doubt the best one with the most buildup, and he is now dead. Thorfinn is incredibly bland. Canute is pretty decent. Thorkell sucks hard. And that's kinda it for the characters that had a lot of screentime. If I felt generous I could include Leif as well, but he had little importance except for the beginning and somewhat near the end.

It's somewhat sad that the show ends when the story picked up its pace and got more political. That part was really good. As was the whole of episode 24, especially the scene with the dagger. I think I liked the beginning and end best, the middle part dragged with some highlights. Would've been good to cut some stuff there, but I guess they wanted to use the whole 24 episodes (and not anger manga readers^^)

the naruto run is just a normal run bad animated of the first chapter of the manga.
Dec 30, 2019 11:00 AM

Apr 2018
TekFiji said:
I literally cant control my tears right now wtf this is so weird. Askeladd was portrayed as the antagonist in every possible way yet I sympathised with him the most and I just can't stop crying. I am so glad to have seen this masterpiece before the end of the decade. 10/10.

I felt the exact same way! This finale tugged at my heart strings soooooo much. Everything about this episode was masterful. I felt sooooo much for Thorfinn because deep down, I know that Thorfinn considered Askeladd a true friend. Wow, well down WIT. Amazing amazing way to end the season 10/10.
Dec 30, 2019 11:10 AM
Aug 2018
Esquirtit said:
@IwaOi-KHRStan You called us faggots for defending this series from your idiotic criticism lol. Your opinion is not respected because it doesn't make sense, sorry lol.

@Sylverthas idk why they did the naruto running, it wasn't in the manga, maybe to save animation because you don't have to animate arms flapping around lol?. in other scenes he was running normally (even in the same episode), so stupid.

it's things like that which make me question if the production teams behind anime are actually literally full of degenerates.

for me, it doesn't make sense loving an overrated series like this. and yes, the naruto running and the shogi mention were quality things ...
i'm leaving. goodbye. that's really my last comment here, for me, the worst anime 2019 hands down.
bye.
Dec 30, 2019 11:26 AM
Apr 2019
Askeladd death made me cry more than Thors death

Askeladd is a legend
nothing more

if I rank the characters of Vinland Saga
Askeladd will be my number 1
Dec 30, 2019 11:31 AM
Feb 2014
Am i the only one who loved it, but at the same time im reallllly disappointed with the ending.
Probably like everyone, i had moments when i loved Askeladd and ones when i wished him worst possible death... But him dying like that, leaving his hopes, dreams, everything he planed to do.. even doing something so beautiful as secrifacing all of that for something bigger, giving up his own hopes to make that happen and chance to witness that, giving up on his life for that... it's.... i guess it's not the end i was hoping for him.
Second and probably more important thing that worked for my disappointment is that anime (didn't see original source, don't even know if it's based on manga or novel, found this anime by accident) didn't touch so obvious for me thread. That maybe Askeladd was guilty of his father's death, but Floki is the one who betrayed his friend (from what i understand they were friends in Troll's might times) and payed him to get his head.
Actually i was pretty sure that after episode 23, finally the moment will come, as it would be best choice for Askeladd and Canute to solve a problem with King and Floki that started to know too much and whole drama with killing Canute. It wouldn't be nice to see Thorfinn being used once more, but was really expecting at least in last episode, Askeladd will tell that to Thorfinn, who will change his revenge object and help them solve the problem, at least half of it, and of course new plot in next season would include problems with king and Floki's angry army? i guess.
Also.. am i the only one who think that after putting so much effort in meaning of being "Worrior"/"Senshi", that real one doesn't even need a sword, anime until end didn't do much about it.
Im used to easly give 10/10 marks but only because my hopes and that i imagined something else, i gave (becaise of this episode) 9/10

still props for Askeladd being kind of like a father to Thorfinn
Dec 30, 2019 11:35 AM
Jul 2019
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
Esquirtit said:

for me, it doesn't make sense loving an overrated series like this. and yes, the naruto running and the shogi mention were quality things ...
i'm leaving. goodbye. that's really my last comment here, for me, the worst anime 2019 hands down.
bye.

I understand some may not like things in any series or shows but saying things like "shit series", "worst anime" etc makes your point looks bad and simply not worth any kind of constructive discussion. You might not like a series because people don't all have a similar taste but of course all those loving it aren't idiots either. You are in the minority.
Dec 30, 2019 11:49 AM

Feb 2019
One of the better animes to air this year. I'd say the show is far from perfect but if I had to rank it I would set it at an 8.

Thorfinn's lack of character development in the later episodes dragged on too long for me which made the character annoying. The fights while fun were far less realistic than I would have hoped for but I got used to them over time. The animation had its ups and downs in quality.

The overall story was Askeladd's story and that is where the series excelled in its storytelling but there was a certain lack of depth, a lack of humanization, that made me unable to connect with the characters and their struggles that would have made this a clear cut 10/10 anime had their been more episodes to flesh that out.

Either way, it was a satisfying experience. Only three shows really beat it this year, Mob Psycho season II, the three Legend of the Galactic Heroes movies, and Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2.
Dec 30, 2019 12:33 PM

Sep 2019
That gay Prince just stole his revenge? After observing thorfinn I also can tell what he felt.

This show was amazing mabye the best anime in 2019. 9/10
Dec 30, 2019 12:49 PM

Jun 2015
I cried over Askeladd. I did.

Now I know I shouldn't be asking this but are we going to have a second season any time soon? Or is Wit Studio going to pull another Shingeki no Kyojin on us?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 30, 2019 12:54 PM

Aug 2016
Well that.... descaleted quickly? What the hell is this? Is this anime original ending to wrap this up as like in Gate (and though JSDF fought) for reference and manga still continues, or is this suppose to lead to season 2? There was this long set up, I believed in many years/season/chapters of conquest of Britania, power struggle at court, Askeladd telling Thorfinn about Floki being one ordering Thors death, and maybe reconcile those two (Thorfinn and Askelaad) or at least T forgiving A, when he is telling it him dying, i don't really know. I know I didn't expect ending like this.

Damn, is it normal to root and cry over Askeladd more then Thorfinn? Is this suppose to be king Arthur/Artorius story after all?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2019 12:55 PM

Dec 2016
despite having read the manga, askeladd's death still really fucking hit me.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Dec 30, 2019 1:04 PM
Aug 2018
el3mel said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

bye.

I understand some may not like things in any series or shows but saying things like "shit series", "worst anime" etc makes your point looks bad and simply not worth any kind of constructive discussion. You might not like a series because people don't all have a similar taste but of course all those loving it aren't idiots either. You are in the minority.

i will answer to you only, who seem polite. i wanted only a thing, that my opinion will be respected despite the different taste. and reacting like that, without respecting any different opinion, is very bad. more, fans seems ignoring that VS fans are still hated for the chihayafuru thing... but it's another thing.
i dislike everything about this series, and i explained why. i don't mind if someone thinks " you are saying something stupid", it's my opinion and you have to respect it, like i have to respect yours. look at them, and tell if they did it. in my first comment on this thread, i didn't attack any fan at all, i only expressed my opinion and they attacked me.
Dec 30, 2019 1:16 PM

May 2018
When Thorfinn's dagger was dropped onto the floor, was that a flashback of Thor's 'adventure' to reach Iceland or something? I'm confused there.
Dec 30, 2019 1:42 PM
Oct 2018
emraanash said:
truth be told i didn't like vinland saga there are far better anime out there that needs attentions but askeladd death was emotional even for me. He should have been the king..........
What would be the ones that need more attention and are far more better than this in what perspective?
Dec 30, 2019 1:50 PM
Jul 2019
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
el3mel said:

i will answer to you only, who seem polite. i wanted only a thing, that my opinion will be respected despite the different taste. and reacting like that, without respecting any different opinion, is very bad. more, fans seems ignoring that VS fans are still hated for the chihayafuru thing... but it's another thing.
i dislike everything about this series, and i explained why. i don't mind if someone thinks " you are saying something stupid", it's my opinion and you have to respect it, like i have to respect yours. look at them, and tell if they did it. in my first comment on this thread, i didn't attack any fan at all, i only expressed my opinion and they attacked me.

I understand how you feel, despite myself not agreeing at all with your opinion on the show, and as I said, things "shit series" or "worst anime" don't help your case imo, I don't know how your earlier posts looked like or if they were more constructive but things like these may irritate any series fans, anime or live action imo. Away from that of course you're free to have your opinion and dislike any popular show you want, and if you ask me, a fictional animated show doesn't deserve to have all these arguments and personal conflicts on an internet forum. It's just a fictional show that's all, people exaggerate a little bit and are taking things way too seriously.
Dec 30, 2019 2:10 PM
Apr 2018
Best episode of Vinland Saga ever 10/10 for this episode and 9/10 for this anime
Dec 30, 2019 2:24 PM
Aug 2018
el3mel said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

I understand how you feel, despite myself not agreeing at all with your opinion on the show, and as I said, things "shit series" or "worst anime" don't help your case imo, I don't know how your earlier posts looked like or if they were more constructive but things like these may irritate any series fans, anime or live action imo. Away from that of course you're free to have your opinion and dislike any popular show you want, and if you ask me, a fictional animated show doesn't deserve to have all these arguments and personal conflicts on an internet forum. It's just a fictional show that's all, people exaggerate a little bit and are taking things way too seriously.

thank you very much for your words. in my first comment to this episode i only stated why i disliked it, and they attacked me saying " you're stupid" and so on. of course i would react.
Dec 30, 2019 2:35 PM

Oct 2018
Espio74 said:
Great ending but I was disappointed with the shitty art and animation of the final episode.

What kind of shitty art and animation are you talking about?

There wasn't anything wrong with either of them. Haven't noticed anything unusual about them.
Dec 30, 2019 2:52 PM

May 2016
That sacrifice alone was worth a country weight of blood Askelad has just gained so much respect from me and others.

Watching Thorffin holding his tears was probably the saddest part of all, damn I also teared up a bit to bad S2 won't be soon...
Dec 30, 2019 2:58 PM
Nov 2018
What a wonderful experience. I gave it a 9. I feel like there were small things hee and there on presentation I want to dock or scenes that are just... too anime in how the dramatic speaking is done but I enjoyed every minute and would recommend others to share the experience.

I do think the show is going to have a poor season 2. It slows down dramatically and makes its point about wht a man should be. That might be too dense for anime as opposed to the manga. Also that CG was so ugly.
Kisai113Dec 30, 2019 3:03 PM
Dec 30, 2019 3:01 PM

Mar 2019
Sorry if this was already stated but where does this pick up in the manga?
Dec 30, 2019 3:01 PM

Apr 2016
I don't know which hurt more: the death of Askeladd, or how the past 11 years of Thorfinn's life have been all for nothing, absolutely nothing. We're seeing one of the best characters of recent years depart from us, and I'm left with immense pity for a now broken Thorfinn who is wailing, screaming in despair and resentment.

If Askeladd's mental battle with King Sweyn or his glorious bloodbath as Lucius Artorius Castus weren't enough to make this a masterful episode, then that surely will, even if we could have done without the sequel tease (especially since we got a trailer the same day for Farmland Saga).
Dec 30, 2019 4:06 PM

Mar 2016
Shiet, that finale hit hard...

One of the best shows. 10/10...
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

392 by joelius__0 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
Apr 23, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

407 by xyara_girl »»
Mar 23, 12:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.