Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion

The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2019 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, the final battle enters into the final phase against the demon king. Seiya actually shows a lot more emotions than his overly cautious self than usual. After the background story from the previous episode, it looks like Listarte doesn't hestitate at all to help Seiya.

For a series' finale, this sure took on a serious direction in terms of storytelling. That embrace though. Yup, Seiya really does care about Listarte after all.

Dec 27, 2019 6:52 AM

Dec 2015
where did you watch it ?
Dec 27, 2019 8:00 AM

Dec 2017
hm, not gonna lie, i was expecting something more of a comedic finale. it was a nice touch Seiya sacrificing himself and reuniting again in that final scene (tho this time it wasn't just fate), a positive note, but a little underwhelming after all this build-up

anyways, a pretty good show. Rista's facial expressions and VA was definitely the highlight, humor was so-so at times, but quite enjoyable nevertheless
Dec 27, 2019 8:01 AM
Dec 2017
So they're starting from a scratch. I wonder if we will see S2.
Dec 27, 2019 8:17 AM
Jul 2019
Sondfer said:
So they're starting from a scratch. I wonder if we will see S2.

The anime covered LNs Vol 1-2, which adapt the 1st original webnovel arc.

LNs 3-5 adapt the 2nd WN arc, which would be the basis for a S2.

LN Vol 6-7 is covering the 3rd WN arc, which ended last September 2019.

Author has posted 1 chapter of a 4th WN arc.

BTW, here is Vol 7's cover.
https://kadokawabooks.jp/product/s51/321908000175.html

Also, Exfolia
phil2288Dec 27, 2019 8:53 AM
Dec 27, 2019 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
READY PERFECTLY for the finale, however really not sure if everything's GONNA BE OKAY!

The final Demon Lord Seiya must kill, with Valhalla's technique? That's surely a recipe for disaster, without the weapons, but he eventually did it at the expense of his spent llfe, all for this moment. And Ristarte being Ristarte, provides with the last of her reincarnated power to save Seiya's remaining remnants...BUT ALAS, it's not enough. One more and he's dead, faster than usual.

*Press F to pay respects to the overly cautious Seiya*

And Seiya saw through his past of Ristarte being the princess that he was able to save in his final moments of sacrifice. However, the loss has Ristarte lose the "love of her life" and the motivation thereafter to atone for the troubles she has done. It's bad that her punishment is to send her to another area to conquer EXTRA DIFFCULTY worlds, but thank the heavens that Seiya is given another chance (fate interwines), albeit RESTART from scratch.

What a good show to end on a positive note. Now I really wish for a Season 2 to see more adventures.

KANLen09Dec 27, 2019 9:24 AM
Dec 27, 2019 8:29 AM
Jul 2017
I wish a season 2,like really i want to see more adventure
Overall (10/10) i will miss my weekly cautious hero :'(
AvoreDec 27, 2019 8:36 AM
Dec 27, 2019 8:29 AM
Oct 2012
wow this whole season felt like a fucking prologue now that i've seen this last episode.

Anyway, very entertaining anime, 8/10. gonna miss my weekly shinchou :(
Dec 27, 2019 8:30 AM
Oct 2018
This is my first time commenting on these types of threads but I must say... Seiya saved and killed himself in one move. 10/10 Ending. If there's gonna be a S2, can't wait
Dec 27, 2019 8:31 AM
Dec 2019
We demand a Season 2!!! Just finished watching it and its still not enough!
Dec 27, 2019 8:31 AM
Mar 2018
Kinda rushed, however that double Valhalla gate is dope af. Very emotional and satisfying comedy finale. Waiting for TUEEEE level:SS
Dec 27, 2019 8:33 AM

Jun 2019
Happy for rista to meet her lover again.
But poor for Seiya. He must save another world again and again.

Okay 9/10

This show is the best example to mix comedy and drama.

Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
where did you watch it ?

Muse Asia in youtube. But its only for south east asian region.
Dec 27, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2019
Looks like the second Valhalla gate also devoured that season 2 announcement

At best we wait 4 years just like with Re:Zero for another season

Seiya and Lista better join Isekai Quartet

Adenela is best girl

9/10
Dec 27, 2019 8:35 AM

Aug 2018
Episode was Super Awesome! And I enjoyed every second of it and the whole anime was funny especially The characters and oh boy 'm going to miss Ristarte faces a lot and Seiya The cautious hero was the best thing about this Anime
Overall 8 out of 10
I can't wait for season 2
SaiDxvLightDec 31, 2019 9:21 PM
Dec 27, 2019 8:37 AM
Dec 2019
We demand S2, we're not ready perfectly for the hero to die.
Dec 27, 2019 8:54 AM

Feb 2019
How have so many people in this thread already watched it? and why does MAL still have its final air date as the 1st of January?
Dec 27, 2019 8:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool and eventful finale! For some reason, it felt a little fast of sorts too.

Seiya was in a precarious situation as expected and had to resort to the use of the life-and-death technique. Didn't expect him to go for it twice though and then wind up dead. I was supposed to be watching a Comedy, but that little period of Seiya thanking the crew was .. crippling, I nearly shed a tear there y'know. Seiya recalling back to the Princess as well, talk about adding dirt to the wound.

And of course Lista wouldn't be looking too good after that. Mash and Eruru have joined the military ranks now which was a nice addition and seems like Rosalie has changed now too for the better too. Seeing the Gods and Goddesses back doing their own things was really nice to see! The strongest goddess complementing Lista as a "second-tier" goddess was really sweet by the way, and that horny goddess was hilarious.

How convenient that the technique nullified the Chains though, I was waiting for that the whole time xD! Nearly lost hope for that by that time lol. Lista and Seiya are reunited but they're in charge of the fateful "Exofa" world now. Yikes, this makes it the third world for the two. I'm really curious to see how that ought to play out so here's to hoping we get a 2nd Season of this!

Overall, this has been a fantastic show which just kept getting better by the episode! I can't confirm that rise for this finale episode too currently but this was, by no means, a poor finale. Last episode's sudden change and this episode events felt a little quick so maybe that's why it hasn't fully sunk in yet.

Anyways, the Characters apart from the main duo were fun to have around, in particular the various Gods and Goddesses. Animation-wise, it was iffy despite the delays but I was never too bothered by it so no major issues here to cite. Some of the battle soundtracks were intriguing but overall, it was fine-to-good. MYTH & ROID got the Op covered meanwhile and mad props to Lista's VA!

All in all, a solid 8/10 from my side. Looking forward to more from this series! Definitely one of the best isekai shows of the year for me.

Marinate1016 said:
How have so many people in this thread already watched it? and why does MAL still have its final air date as the 1st of January?

Episode 12 aired on Abema TV earlier today and Muse Asia streamed it live on their YT Channel as well.

Who knows, maybe the upper echelon missed it somehow or forgot to add it.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 27, 2019 9:00 AM
Jul 2019
Rant!!!!!!
Season 2 plz!
Dec 27, 2019 9:07 AM
Jun 2012
Season 2 never. Accept this fact.
Dec 27, 2019 9:14 AM
May 2012
Hitoribotchan said:

lmao one of the time where my region finally work in my favor.
Dec 27, 2019 9:15 AM

Feb 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:
Pretty cool and eventful finale! For some reason, it felt a little fast of sorts too.

Seiya was in a precarious situation as expected and had to resort to the use of the life-and-death technique. Didn't expect him to go for it twice though and then wind up dead. I was supposed to be watching a Comedy, but that little period of Seiya thanking the crew was .. crippling, I nearly shed a tear there y'know. Seiya recalling back to the Princess as well, talk about adding dirt to the wound.

And of course Lista wouldn't be looking too good after that. Mash and Eruru have joined the military ranks now which was a nice addition and seems like Rosalie has changed now too for the better too. Seeing the Gods and Goddesses back doing their own things was really nice to see! The strongest goddess complementing Lista as a "second-tier" goddess was really sweet by the way, and that horny goddess was hilarious.

How convenient that the technique nullified the Chains though, I was waiting for that the whole time xD! Nearly lost hope for that by that time lol. Lista and Seiya are reunited but they're in charge of the fateful "Exofa" world now. Yikes, this makes it the third world for the two. I'm really curious to see how that ought to play out so here's to hoping we get a 2nd Season of this!

Overall, this has been a fantastic show which just kept getting better by the episode! I can't confirm that rise for this finale episode too currently but this was, by no means, a poor finale. Last episode's sudden change and this episode events felt a little quick so maybe that's why it hasn't fully sunk in yet.

Anyways, the Characters apart from the main duo were fun to have around, in particular the various Gods and Goddesses. Animation-wise, it was iffy despite the delays but I was never too bothered by it so no major issues here to cite. Some of the battle soundtracks were intriguing but overall, it was fine-to-good. MYTH & ROID got the Op covered meanwhile and mad props to Lista's VA!

All in all, a solid 8/10 from my side. Looking forward to more from this series! Definitely one of the best isekai shows of the year for me.

Marinate1016 said:

Episode 12 aired on Abema TV earlier today and Muse Asia streamed it live on their YT Channel as well.

I doubt they would have missed that. One of the biggest series of the season. Probably misinformation
Dec 27, 2019 9:16 AM
Feb 2018
Can somebody explain to me why Ristarte is able to "re-select" Seiya again? And how is it possible that he was already the hero of the other world 100 years ago? These two things are completely illogical for me...
Dec 27, 2019 9:19 AM
Dec 2017
There was an announcement about new airing date, Wakanim showed it here too.
enJ0Yable said:
Can somebody explain to me why Ristarte is able to "re-select" Seiya again? And how is it possible that he was already the hero of the other world 100 years ago? These two things are completely illogical for me...

Because highest goddess gave her Seiya's sheet.
And previously Aria summoned him as a hero, but he died and soul was kept in their dimension.
Dec 27, 2019 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
where did you watch it ?

Muse Asia on youtube its legal and free
Dec 27, 2019 9:31 AM
Feb 2018
Sondfer said:
There was an announcement about new airing date, Wakanim showed it here too.
enJ0Yable said:

Because highest goddess gave her Seiya's sheet.
And previously Aria summoned him as a hero, but he died and soul was kept in their dimension.

So when he was summoned for the second time, he wasn't summoned from his original world, but from the gods realm? This means that when he died for the second time, his soul was in the gods realm again, and he can be re-selected. Well that makes sense... thanks for explaining.
Dec 27, 2019 9:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Marinate1016 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

I doubt they would have missed that. One of the biggest series of the season. Probably misinformation

Or that option, yeah.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 27, 2019 9:39 AM

Jun 2019
enJ0Yable said:

Question number 1: you can find your answer in episode 12.

Question number 2: japanese have concept that called re-incarnation for their death. Their death can re-incaranation into another lifeform and thats include to be god too.
Dec 27, 2019 9:43 AM
Jan 2019
i am not Ready Perfectly and not Gonna Be Okay for this ep.... D;
Dec 27, 2019 11:13 AM

Dec 2015
Hitoribotchan said:
Happy for rista to meet her lover again.
But poor for Seiya. He must save another world again and again.

Okay 9/10

This show is the best example to mix comedy and drama.

Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
where did you watch it ?

thanks for telling me
i used a vpn and downloaded it then uploaded it on nyaa XD
Dec 27, 2019 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Great adaptation of the ending. The feels hit me hard in the finale just like it did when I read the novel. I REALLY REALLY hope that they continue to adapt the rest of the novels with the adventures in Exfolia by giving us a second season. I've read part of the continuing web novel and enjoyed it a decent amount. It goes in a slightly different direction, so there's some decent comedy with that as well.
Dec 27, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
enJ0Yable said:

This was explained in the novels but not in the show for some reason. I don't know why they didn't use the extra 30 seconds to explain the time concept.

Basically, time in the Gods realm goes much slower than in the "other" worlds. So 100 years in the Gods realm is the equivalent to 1 year in Seiya's world. Basically, after Seiya failed in Exfolia, he got sent back to Japan and an entire year has passed. Even though he doesn't remember what happened in the other world since he died, he still has that sense of regret and guilt from not being able to save Tiana, which is why his personality changed so much. On the other hand, Rista got reincarnated as a goddess at the same time, but since time flows much slower in the Gods realm, 100 years has passed by for her in that same period of time. That is how she was able to save a few other worlds (5 I think), but she's still considered a "rookie" amongst the Gods.

tl;dr - 100 years in the God realm has passed for Rista while 1 year in Japan has passed for Seiya since they failed in Exfolia.

As for the reselect thing, there isn't really a rule about not being able to reselect a hero. The only "snag" for Seiya was that his soul was potentially destroyed by the chain of destruction, so he would not have been able to return to his old world and just cease to exist (but obviously the chain of destruction effect was stopped as we later learn). If you just die regularly as a hero, you just get taken back to your original planet/home and just lose all your memories of when you were a hero (albeit there is a little loophole with this as well, but you'll only see it with the second season or if you continue reading).
dankzelDec 27, 2019 11:50 AM
Dec 27, 2019 12:01 PM
Feb 2018
dankzel said:
enJ0Yable said:

This was explained in the novels but not in the show for some reason. I don't know why they didn't use the extra 30 seconds to explain the time concept.

Basically, time in the Gods realm goes much slower than in the "other" worlds. So 100 years in the Gods realm is the equivalent to 1 year in Seiya's world. Basically, after Seiya failed in Exfolia, he got sent back to Japan and an entire year has passed. Even though he doesn't remember what happened in the other world since he died, he still has that sense of regret and guilt from not being able to save Tiana, which is why his personality changed so much. On the other hand, Rista got reincarnated as a goddess at the same time, but since time flows much slower in the Gods realm, 100 years has passed by for her in that same period of time. That is how she was able to save a few other worlds (5 I think), but she's still considered a "rookie" amongst the Gods.

tl;dr - 100 years in the God realm has passed for Rista while 1 year in Japan has passed for Seiya since they failed in Exfolia.

As for the reselect thing, there isn't really a rule about not being able to reselect a hero. The only "snag" for Seiya was that his soul was potentially destroyed by the chain of destruction, so he would not have been able to return to his old world and just cease to exist (but obviously the chain of destruction effect was stopped as we later learn). If you just die regularly as a hero, you just get taken back to your original planet/home and just lose all your memories of when you were a hero.

1 year in Seiyas world = 100 years in the gods realm
10 minutes in Gaeabrande = 3 days in the gods realm
So that means that 84 days in Gaebrande equal one year of him being away from his own world... well, that sucks. Thanks for this great explanation :D
enJ0YableDec 27, 2019 12:18 PM
Dec 27, 2019 12:14 PM

Aug 2019
enJ0Yable said:

So that means that 20 hours in Gaebrande equal one year of him being away from his own world... ouch, that sucks. Thanks for this great explanation :D

Your math is way off!!!

20 hours in Gaebrande is 360 days in the gods realm. That's 3.6 days in Seiyas world.
Dec 27, 2019 12:20 PM
Feb 2018
Yaggamy said:
enJ0Yable said:

So that means that 20 hours in Gaebrande equal one year of him being away from his own world... ouch, that sucks. Thanks for this great explanation :D

Your math is way off!!!

20 hours in Gaebrande is 360 days in the gods realm. That's 3.6 days in Seiyas world.

Thanks, I took days for years. Still 84 days in Gaeabrande equal 1 year in Seiyas world...
Dec 27, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2019
I really didn't expect this show to have that kind of tragic story
and the scene of this episode is so heartbreaking
thinking of someone not there anymore 😢😢😢
Man they hit me way to hard in the feels
my opinion
This Story Must have Season 2
and
These last two episodes turned this series from average to a great one

Even if a question has a proper answer, sometimes one cannot simply give it away.  – Holo 

Dec 27, 2019 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
I really enjoyed the comedy and White Fox managed to deliver good animation. I was worried the quality would drop a lot because of the delays.

Dec 27, 2019 2:30 PM
Jun 2012
MaOtwE said:
I really didn't expect this show to have that kind of tragic story
and the scene of this episode is so heartbreaking
thinking of someone not there anymore 😢😢😢
Man they hit me way to hard in the feels
my opinion
This Story Must have Season 2
and
These last two episodes turned this series from average to a great one

But it will not get it like many others animes.
Dec 27, 2019 3:46 PM
Apr 2015
What are you guys talking about, the time difference was explained properly in the anime, where they said that that time in gaeabrande flows about 80 times slower than in god realm, making Seia's 3-days training sessions take 1 hour of gaea-time. If we take that concept to our world as well and apply same time ratio, we end up with 100 years of god real time being a bit over 1 year of our time.
Dec 27, 2019 3:52 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Thanks to this forum, I was able to found out about ep 12. And of course, I can understand nihongo to watch it raw.

Good isekai this season with the 360 turn on ep 11. It wasn't just some comedy fantasy but it has some plots.

As for Season 2, I am certain that that there won't be any. Sorry to say this but, that's why KonoSuba win over this series. It has good comedy and without real plot that why every episode feel like slice of life fantasy. That's why S2 is possible and maybe S3 in the future as well. But for ShinchouYuusha with plot, it will always have to reach an ending whenever they fight the demon lord of each world. Nonetheless, I like the build up comedy prior to the main fight.

Season 2 is not happening for this series. I can't see where this series is going if the MC get his memory reset every time he's summoned. Season 1 is enough and Season 2 will ruin it.
Fuwa_sanDec 27, 2019 3:58 PM
Dec 27, 2019 4:54 PM
Oct 2018
Holy cow, how the fuck they mixed comedy and drama at the same time without any cringe in it. Watching eps 12 is like rollercoaster of emotion.

This is 180° different from assasins pride for me. For me this anime had low expectations, but unexpectedly has the most impact to me in this season.
Bingki-sanDec 27, 2019 7:29 PM
Dec 27, 2019 5:28 PM
Dec 2019
need 1 season more
Dec 27, 2019 5:53 PM

Sep 2017
so seiya will reincarnated with more cautiousness and reunited with rista again. i wonder if seiya will remember rista tho

well, that was a good ride... 6/10
Dec 27, 2019 5:57 PM

Oct 2019
ss ranking mission continued
Dec 27, 2019 6:28 PM

Nov 2013
They really finished strong with this!
I was expecting comedy so the feels really hit hard.

Sucks that Seiya won't remember Ristarte, but who knows....
Maybe he left himself a message to remember like last time.
It was a bit of a bittersweet ending, but it fit the story.

All in all really enjoyable, the last two eps particularly!
Dec 27, 2019 7:01 PM

Jul 2014
What a roller coaster of emotions! I felt sad, then I laughed, then I felt sad again, then I laughed more, then the sadness continued and finally I ended up with hope. I need a Season 2!

My favorite isekai of the year and one of my favorite anime of the year. Such a hilarious show that knew when to get dark and emotional. A rewatch would definitely be a completely different experience.

I'm gonna miss you so much Rista, you were the soul of this show.

Seiya smiling was such a great moment :'(
Dec 27, 2019 7:24 PM
Apr 2019
Whilst it felt like the fight with the demon lord was kinda rushed, this was a really heartbreaking episode, especially before Seiya's death, but I'm glad that he's still alive.
Whilst I can't really see this happening, I hope there's some kinda sequel where we can see everyone get back together one last time cause they were a pretty good team.
Dec 27, 2019 7:30 PM

Feb 2013
Guess I'm in the minority this time. For one of the stronger shows this season, this ending felt pretty weak. And if I'm reading correctly that this was a pretty faithful adaptation then that's even more disappointing because it felt like a rush job.
Dec 27, 2019 7:59 PM

Oct 2010
Overall enjoyable but repetitive. Really good characters. Best part of this show was really Aki Toyosaki

MAL needs to fix this...
Dec 27, 2019 8:03 PM

Dec 2019
A fairly generic self-aware isekai about someone who grinds out levels before they fight bosses. Yep, that sounds about right for anime lately - isekai with a slight gimmick and winking at the audience the entire way. Except, wait, this series is actually kind of funny. A redeeming quality that pushes it out of mediocrity. Incredible. The plot is pretty standard isekai though, a few uninteresting gimmicks, bosses being defeated by things not revealed to the audience until it's already over, etc. That is until episode 11 and we actually get some real character development and it ties everything together in a touching way. And then episode 12 happens and kind of ruins it by going back to the standard deus ex machina stuff and then a drawn out ending and setup to a potential sequel. Okay, whatever, still pretty enjoyable series, 6/10.
Dec 27, 2019 8:29 PM

May 2013
Ok an SS World the main problem will be when he reach the max level again but now he's Ridiculously Cautious. at First I thought all the fights would be easy and Seiya would 1 shot everyone including the Demon King.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

272 by poppaccino »»
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

94 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.