Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 28, 2019 2:38 AM

Feb 2011
@shanimebib: yes why didn't you? LOL, I'm happy becoming part of this enjoyment (sharing joy for our ship together IS MUCH MORE FUN THIS WAY AS A GROUP, DON'T YOU THINK?) still, I'm happy to see I'm not the only one getting all excited of Chihaya x Arata moment where both their voices and eyes are ONLY at each other: so magical and cute, I REALLY LOVE IT. ;): HERE'S ARE MORE SCREENSHOTS AS A BONUS, YES!!!!!:

@Kipo0007 Yes, let's get excited over this scene over and over: the atmosphere of their moment is so wonderful ( if only Taichi wasn't there watching them, but still it didn't stop Chihaya for wanting to say something to Arata only they can hear: which really matters: and yes there's still MORE TO COME, I'M SO READY!!!!!!!! OH YES!!!!!!) XD
Dec 28, 2019 3:03 AM

Nov 2007
@sweetangie: because I knew you'd share it anyways. :P
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2019 6:58 PM

Dec 2014
Damn he just quit the second match.... now a tie
Dec 29, 2019 6:33 AM
Mar 2018
shanimebib said:
hanxKo said:
What! Who's the most handsome guy!? Can you spoil me a bit *doki doki fangirling*

@sweetangie: I give you the opportunity to ask me why I did not share the screencap you shared. :P

Oh, I've seen that animated (both Wataya and Harada-sensei when young) in pixiv. I don't know why the poster have that picture, maybe it was updated in madhouse web?
Dec 29, 2019 1:27 PM

Nov 2007
VS ended today and in the end, it couldn't even reach Chihayafuru S3's ongoing score (excluding the bots). Lol. It was 8.74 when I checked it a couple of weeks back.
Coronavirus.
Dec 29, 2019 11:43 PM

Oct 2019
shanimebib said:
VS ended today and in the end, it couldn't even reach Chihayafuru S3's ongoing score (excluding the bots). Lol. It was 8.74 when I checked it a couple of weeks back.

Pathetic. But its still gonna end up as anime of the year.. just you watch.
Dec 30, 2019 11:21 AM

Nov 2007
Fionavar said:
shanimebib said:

It's gonna be either Kimetsu no Yaiba or SnK S3 Part 2. Especially KnY the way it swept through polls outside MAL and throughout polls in Japan. And the fact that SnK already won awards in the past. And KnY is animated by ufotable - the darling of the anime community all around.

On Topic: Did you see my reply to the translation error?
Coronavirus.
Dec 30, 2019 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
Wow, great episode! I'm glad that Harada-sensei won. As much as I like Arata, I hope that Harada will be the one to make it to the match against Master Suo. He deserves it with his experience, motivation and talent.

We also learned why Harada is hated by that another veteran (damn, I forgot his name ;p).

This ending was, however, disturbing. I hope Chihaya did not betray her teacher and didn't say something that could've helped Arata. I know they are friends and have a crush towards each other, but it is a match after all. Time for training or learning other competitors' strong and weak sides belongs to the past.
Dec 30, 2019 2:06 PM

Feb 2019
hanxKo said:

Oh, I've seen that animated (both Wataya and Harada-sensei when young) in pixiv. I don't know why the poster have that picture, maybe it was updated in madhouse web?

Can you give me a link? I want to see!!!!
Dec 30, 2019 3:02 PM

Oct 2019
shanimebib said:
Fionavar said:

It's gonna be either Kimetsu no Yaiba or SnK S3 Part 2. Especially KnY the way it swept through polls outside MAL and throughout polls in Japan. And the fact that SnK already won awards in the past. And KnY is animated by ufotable - the darling of the anime community all around.

Yes and I was grateful for it. I didnt reply cuze I was really fucking tired that day and the next I already forgot about it >-< sowwy bout that...
Dec 30, 2019 3:18 PM

Nov 2007
Fionavar said:
shanimebib said:

Yes and I was grateful for it. I didnt reply cuze I was really fucking tired that day and the next I already forgot about it >-< sowwy bout that...

Ah, no worries. I thought you might have missed it and still held the impression that the anime goofed up. Not that it matters because they left it with a question. However, I can confirm you that

Coronavirus.
Jan 1, 2020 8:07 AM

Nov 2018
What did Harada do for real.
Arata made a good strategy there, very nice.
The way the flashback started was funny.
Hmm Harada was kinda overbearing for me to begin with, the flashback showed his overly blunt side at that. Although he was more handsome than I thought.
Wearing the headband like that sure played in Megumu's favor.
The way Harada won the first match was nice though. Oo this time he yielded the seconded game, so Makino gets a chance. I guess in a way Harada is honest in that aspect, approving her reading.
I wonder what Chihaya told Arata at the end. Perhaps the reason why Harada yielded, and it was dramatized from Mashima's point of view. Or something else after all hmm.
OrangeCloudsJan 1, 2020 8:15 AM
Jan 1, 2020 10:58 AM
Aug 2016
Holy shit this episode score tho, I wonder what episode 5's, 6's and 10's would look like if they didn't get downvoted.
Jan 5, 2020 2:18 AM

Mar 2011
Harada-san is such a bishie on his younger days ♥ ♥ ♥
Jan 5, 2020 9:44 AM
Nov 2015
Fionavar said:
Ok hold the fuck on, now mind you I havent finished the episode yet but I need to talk about this anyways. So im at 2:38 in the episode right now, and can someone please fucking tell me why they changed that scene from the manga in the anime? In the manga it said "..I would want it to be Arata after all.." "For Arata to be the one to step first.." "..to the dream hall that he spoke of that day."

Now in the anime it says: "Will it be Arata after all?" "Will he be the first to reach the stage of the dream we talked about that day?"

Honestly thats fucking bullshit. They should NOT have changed that. Especially the first line in the manga.

Interestingly enough they redid the audio for the "Youre welcome here! I dont care what anyone else says, youre welcome here!" flashback. I get it, the old VA passed away, but was it truly necessary to redo the audio for that scene?
from what ive hearc thats actually the correct translation and if it isnt so what those two lines in the context of that scene changes nothing.
Jan 5, 2020 9:57 AM

Oct 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
Fionavar said:
Ok hold the fuck on, now mind you I havent finished the episode yet but I need to talk about this anyways. So im at 2:38 in the episode right now, and can someone please fucking tell me why they changed that scene from the manga in the anime? In the manga it said "..I would want it to be Arata after all.." "For Arata to be the one to step first.." "..to the dream hall that he spoke of that day."

Now in the anime it says: "Will it be Arata after all?" "Will he be the first to reach the stage of the dream we talked about that day?"

Honestly thats fucking bullshit. They should NOT have changed that. Especially the first line in the manga.

Interestingly enough they redid the audio for the "Youre welcome here! I dont care what anyone else says, youre welcome here!" flashback. I get it, the old VA passed away, but was it truly necessary to redo the audio for that scene?
from what ive hearc thats actually the correct translation and if it isnt so what those two lines in the context of that scene changes nothing.

Yes someone already corrected me on that. And personally I do think that it changes quite a lot about the scene.
Jan 5, 2020 9:59 AM
Nov 2015
Fionavar said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

Yes someone already corrected me on that. And personally I do think that it changes quite a lot about the scene.
in a way, i guess it makes chihaya seem more envious and jealous of arata but also content with him, so i think the anime lines make her more interesting.
Jan 5, 2020 10:03 AM

Oct 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
Fionavar said:

in a way, i guess it makes chihaya seem more envious and jealous of arata but also content with him, so i think the anime lines make her more interesting.

Yeah which is kinda wrong imo? I prefer the manga version(even if it is apparently wrong) In the manga it seemed as if she was actually rooting for Arata somewhat, hence why the moment at the end of episode 12 didnt come quite out of nowhere. Ive seen a lot of people talk about how "it seems like a betrayal to harada" how she just suddenly changes her mind. While in the manga with this line it almost seemed hinted at.
Jan 5, 2020 10:09 AM
Nov 2015
Fionavar said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

Yeah which is kinda wrong imo? I prefer the manga version(even if it is apparently wrong) In the manga it seemed as if she was actually rooting for Arata somewhat, hence why the moment at the end of episode 12 didnt come quite out of nowhere. Ive seen a lot of people talk about how "it seems like a betrayal to harada" how she just suddenly changes her mind. While in the manga with this line it almost seemed hinted at.
well if it is apparently wrong in the manga and the anime is more true to it apparently i don't think it comes out of nowhere but was a momentary wander of thought to give her character more layers and conflict, throughout the story she has always been on aratas side even prior to this match, so to say her supporting him comes out of nowhere is just wrong. If anything that line shows character development her own ambition and her admiration for arata.

Seeing as though youve read all the manga are there any other translation differences?
Jan 5, 2020 10:11 AM

Oct 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
Fionavar said:

well if it is apparently wrong in the manga and the anime is more true to it apparently i don't think it comes out of nowhere but was a momentary wander of thought to give her character more layers and conflict, throughout the story she has always been on aratas side even prior to this match, so to say her supporting him comes out of nowhere is just wrong. If anything that line shows character development her own ambition and her admiration for arata.

Seeing as though youve read all the manga are there any other translation differences?

There is an Arata scene in season 2 that got cut out. Its not really important but.. still unfortunate. From what I member also quite a handful scenes of Suo got cut in season 1? Dont quote me on that. Other then that the anime is pretty faithful from what I remember. Well then ofc theres the first episode of season 1. In the manga it starts at the flashback, while the episode thought it a better idea to first properly introduce Chihaya and Taichi. Again I prefer the manga in that case.
Jan 5, 2020 10:20 AM
Nov 2015
Fionavar said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

There is an Arata scene in season 2 that got cut out. Its not really important but.. still unfortunate. From what I member also quite a handful scenes of Suo got cut in season 1? Dont quote me on that. Other then that the anime is pretty faithful from what I remember. Well then ofc theres the first episode of season 1. In the manga it starts at the flashback, while the episode thought it a better idea to first properly introduce Chihaya and Taichi. Again I prefer the manga in that case.
im not sure about the arata scene but i know the scene with suo your talking about, but them cutting it out hasn't disrupted the narrative or characters so i dont see the issue with that even the arata scene as well if it wasnt important
Jan 5, 2020 10:25 AM

Oct 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
Fionavar said:

im not sure about the arata scene but i know the scene with suo your talking about, but them cutting it out hasn't disrupted the narrative or characters so i dont see the issue with that even the arata scene as well if it wasnt important

Well the thing with Arata is he already doesnt have a lot of screentime, so them cutting out even more scenes is just... not cool. Same goes for Suo tho he is finally starting to get more screentime so im not too salty about that.
Jan 5, 2020 10:26 AM
Nov 2015
Fionavar said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

Well the thing with Arata is he already doesnt have a lot of screentime, so them cutting out even more scenes is just... not cool. Same goes for Suo tho he is finally starting to get more screentime so im not too salty about that.
Arata not getting alot of screentime i think is false as his arc was heavily focused perhaps more so than taichi during the first half season 1 and throughout season 2.
Jan 5, 2020 10:34 AM

Oct 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
Fionavar said:

Arata not getting alot of screentime i think is false as his arc was heavily focused perhaps more so than taichi during the first half season 1 and throughout season 2.

Um... have we watched the same show? Honestly I dont even know what to say about this other than its just plain wrong. And even if you for some miracle are in fact right, without spoiling anything but trust me Taichi will take up a lot of fucking screentime for season 4(and arguably 5).
Jan 5, 2020 11:19 AM
Apr 2018
Black_Sheep97 said:
Fionavar said:

What are you talking about. Arata rarely got screen time in season 1 and season 2. and in season 1 the main screentime he got was when they were still kids and started out karuta and season 2 at the end of the solo tournament. thats all.
compared to the other two it was very little. This season is the one where he is actually getting decent screentime for a change.
Jan 5, 2020 11:23 AM
Nov 2015
Kipo0007 said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

What are you talking about. Arata rarely got screen time in season 1 and season 2. and in season 1 the main screentime he got was when they were still kids and started out karuta and season 2 at the end of the solo tournament. thats all.
compared to the other two it was very little. This season is the one where he is actually getting decent screentime for a change.
what are talking about? Arata got entire arc dedicated to him to regain his passion for kurata and in season two learned to value team play because of the nostalgia he had from his past.
Jan 5, 2020 11:43 AM

Oct 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
Kipo0007 said:

what are talking about? Arata got entire arc dedicated to him to regain his passion for kurata and in season two learned to value team play because of the nostalgia he had from his past.

That arc was squeezed into one episode, same with the team play. We are talking about SCREENTIME not DEVELOPMENT :l
Jan 5, 2020 11:45 AM
Nov 2015
Fionavar said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

That arc was squeezed into one episode, same with the team play. We are talking about SCREENTIME not DEVELOPMENT :l
development is more important than screentime, and it was not just one episode it was several scenes that occurred over in many episodes
Jan 6, 2020 2:17 AM
Apr 2018
Black_Sheep97 said:
Fionavar said:

development is more important than screentime, and it was not just one episode it was several scenes that occurred over in many episodes

Development and Screentime are both important for a main character and Arata definitely didnt get the deserved screentime in both 1st two seasons. Especially episodes are needed to be dedicated for a character not several scenes. Like how it was for the other two. Several scenes can also be dedicated for a side character.
You clearly need to go watch again how his screentime and development has been compared to the other two.
Jan 6, 2020 2:26 AM
Nov 2015
Kipo0007 said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

Development and Screentime are both important for a main character and Arata definitely didnt get the deserved screentime in both 1st two seasons. Especially episodes are needed to be dedicated for a character not several scenes. Like how it was for the other two. Several scenes can also be dedicated for a side character.
You clearly need to go watch again how his screentime and development has been compared to the other two.
the amount of screentime doesn't matter what matters is what content is covered in that screentime whenever and with arata he got two arcs covered with his screen time whenever he was on screen it revolved around him, chihaya and taichi may have been on screen more but every scene they were involved in didn't revolve around them but on other characters as well the ones they were having a direct influence. As for why arata didn't get the same amount of screentime as chihaya and taichi because its not needed and his arc exist in separate backdrop than chihaya and taichi, he is a loner and didn't take the steps that chihaya took to form a club and justify extended screentime by interacting with others. Just because he is a main character doesn't mean it warrents screentime , he only shouldn't be stagnant and undeveloped , the plot should govern how much screentime he needs and there are more elements that need to be covered in chihaya plot line than aratas.
Apr 6, 2020 9:30 AM

Apr 2016
Nice, both veterans won their games. Not sure why Harada chose to withdraw on the second game. Perhaps it's to preserve his stamina so that he can go all out on a game with a reader he prefers? I can't think of any other reason.

Also wtf did Chihaya whisper into Arata's ear? My curiousity has been piqued.
Feb 8, 2021 11:36 PM

Apr 2014
Dr Harada was hot when he was young LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2021 2:09 AM

Aug 2018
Harada-Sensei is great, great chapter.
By the way, Chihaya, CHIHAYA?!
Jul 15, 2021 2:47 AM

Jul 2015
Impressive to see the old veterans win the first match from the younger generation, especially for Harada since he's getting older with the chances to become a Master slimmer. I can't believe the sole reason Kitano and Makino despise Harada is because he yielded the match.

Oct 9, 2021 1:01 AM

Feb 2019
VICTORY FOR THE VETERANS! Can't believe how happy I am to see both Harada-sensei and Inokuma win ^^

Man, the pain Taichi must be feeling... Ah that was so painful ;-;
Apr 20, 2023 9:29 PM

Jul 2016
Dr. Harada and his antics are hilarious but lmao I can't blame anyone for giving him shade for yielding a match in a BO3.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.