Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2019 6:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, this epsiode is the finale and did carry that sort ot feelings. It tells a story of characters uniting together to defeat near impossible to fight against a common enemey.

That group hug too lol. Maybe they should call this show Z/X: Code Union.
Dec 24, 2019 6:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finale was fine like the entire anime, nothing special but I think it's completely different to Ignition, I liked this group of girl and story wasn't bad but the Z/X were almost all bad.
Dec 24, 2019 7:37 AM

May 2018
Shuri finally gained Overboost, for that alone this ep is 5/5 :D

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 24, 2019 10:21 AM

Oct 2007
Glad that Ena survive. :)

Also finally got to see Ena and Shuri overboost forms.

they still can't get away from the dorm. Well, it's not really a bad place. xD
Dec 24, 2019 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
Now that it's over i'll say: good riddance.

I'm kinda sad with this season. The first one, Ignition, imo, it was actually quite decent and at least had a story going on, and for what i can remember, the climax was also good. I wouldn't mind seeing the story being continued from there. But Reunion crushed those expectations completely, and it delievered something completely different, and not in a good way. It's just totally forgettable. I feel like Ignition is still the only anime i've seen from this franchise.

6/10 for Ignition, 3/10 for Reunion.
Dec 24, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2012
Z/X: Ignition is much better than this shit

Dec 25, 2019 12:49 AM
Oct 2019
This ep was "Perfect".
The animation was 10/10 some eps had a not so good animation( you could still enjoy) they saved it to this ep i loved it.
I liked the way things evolved.
I loved the sword spirit part and Ena's overboost part.
Dec 25, 2019 2:12 AM

Dec 2016
Rather average in the end.

I liked the start of the series but it did drop off for me and I was slightly disappointed.

The character development was decent though, I liked all the transformations the girls had during the series and right at the end but still an average anime at best.
Dec 25, 2019 7:14 AM
Jul 2008
I was happy at first to see Ignition's sequel, turned out it's just spin off..
Ignition is much better than this while I was quite bored watching Reunion at some point.

No male partner is the biggest minus from me. The teacher said that males are doing training in some island with only tent.. Why don't they just erase all male partner? Just say that only female that can form contract with Z/X.

Complains aside, did anyone notice that Ena's eye was shown on the last ED song? Maybe it's a symbol to show now she's no longer 'closed' anymore?

----

myanimelist has become untrustable. I noticed on several places that many informations are incorrect. This anime is spin off not sequel and the characters are not even listed..
Dec 26, 2019 3:38 PM

Jun 2014
LeonLanford said:

Complains aside, did anyone notice that Ena's eye was shown on the last ED song? Maybe it's a symbol to show now she's no longer 'closed' anymore?

Ah.. you're right! Her bang not covering her right eye anymore.
Dec 27, 2019 3:48 AM

Oct 2007
just a few more words before leaving the thread.

Rigel has changed a bit in personality, she smiles a lot more now. :)

Ena and Shuri overboost forms are beautiful.

that small rank E dorm is going to be super crowded for awhile. xD

I do wonder what rank they will be given once the school is fixed?

Dec 27, 2019 5:49 AM
Jul 2008
Liddo-kun said:
just a few more words before leaving the thread.

Rigel has changed a bit in personality, she smiles a lot more now. :)

Ena and Shuri overboost forms are beautiful.

that small rank E dorm is going to be super crowded for awhile. xD

I do wonder what rank they will be given once the school is fixed?

The rank concept itself is flawed. While not clearly shown, E team is as strong if not stronger than A team.
That demon sensei is clearly attached to the E team, she forfeited all the matches when E team lost only once from the A team.
They still have 2 other matches after their match with A team, so the team will rank up if they win the matches.

The dorm was small, I doubt it's going to fit them all. I wonder why they don't stay in the shelter.
Dec 27, 2019 11:58 PM

Oct 2008
at last Shuri Activated her overboost!
and Team E were victorious by the power of love and friendship! lolz
the artwork visuals of ED is superb.
5/5.
7/10.

Dec 30, 2019 2:57 PM

Dec 2018
The lesbian was saved and the monster thing was beaten!!

My favourite moment was when Azumi touched Enas breasts!!,,YEEEES!! You are my good girl honey!! And she loved it!!! You just grabbed on to them and held them for a long time!!,,,YEES!!!

Overall Im happy I saw a lot of panties hehehee!!,,YEES!!! Huge amount of sweet lesbian talk and the Yuri was pretty strong!! No one died!! An most importantly all my lesbian was pure!! No fucking talk about ugly boys only girls loving girls!! You are my good lesbian waifus and im so proud of you all!!! The few males was 100 percent support and never steeped over the line!!

Pure lesbian angels are welcome at the top on my list like they should be!! Only complain I wanted to see some lesbian kissing!! But well cant get it all I guess!! And the cat lesbian licked Yuni!! In a previous episode!! So some tongue contact was made to my huge enjoyment!!!,,YEES!!! The stupid ass anime gets 10/10

Yuri-CrusaderDec 30, 2019 3:57 PM
Jan 8, 2020 11:37 PM

May 2009
I feel like I wanted to like Z/X Code Reunion but I had some of the wrong expectations for it with regards to the kind of story it would tell.

I haven't watched Z/X Ignition, but I ran into information about the plot thread that involves Rigel (or her alternate universe self) in Z/X Ignition (where I think she's not a main character but is instead a secondary character) and so I had an expectation that this show would explore a similar plot thread -- i.e. (I think)

There were hints that it might do this, such as the weird chanting that the undisplayed but voiced higher-ups did a couple times, and thus I was kinda hoping that the main conflict would involve something like Rigel refusing Overboost because she'd be playing into her superiors' agenda if she did. But, Code Reunion didn't go in this direction.

Speaking of that plot hint, I do feel that there were various plot threads that were left unexplored, and might have made for more interesting storylines than the one we ended up getting. In general, I would have wanted to learn more about the backstory and the setting, such as the nature of the Z/X, the lifestyles and atmosphere at the academy, or such. But the show didn't offer much in that way, and mainly just deferred to cute-girls-doing-cute-things antics -- particularly playing them against the Coach Ira for comedy.

Meanwhile, Matoi and Ena were the most interesting characters of the main cast, while I was hoping to have more Rigel than I got. Rigel is beautiful and it'd be a delight to see more of her interactions. (As well as an explanation for why she doesn't need exercise...?)

I'll probably rewatch this if an English dub comes out for it, since I feel English dubs can give me a better feel for the characters, and such an emotional connection may enhance my appreciation for the characters and the story. I also look forward to a soundtrack release for this show, since the music seemed quite nice.

Overall, I think this is an interesting show, but I definitely didn't get the enjoyment I wanted out of it, which disappoints me, because I'd like to enjoy this more.
GlennMagusHarveyJan 8, 2020 11:44 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 8, 2020 11:48 PM

May 2009
Seangel said:
LeonLanford said:

Ah.. you're right! Her bang not covering her right eye anymore.
That is a neat detail and I wonder how many of these little details I missed.

Heck, I went back and watched the first appearance of Ena in the first episode and noticed a small conversation between her and Nephrite that might have presaged the main conflict, and I wonder how many more of these little details I missed, particularly with regards to the big twist.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 21, 2020 8:51 PM

Feb 2014
Oh well... this was pretty much forgetabble. I did enjoyed the first 3 to 4 episodes but then I slowly start to get boring mainly due to the rushed fighting scenes and the poor story.

Not having a main male characters was a positive aspect for me, as always xD

Anyway, I wish I could have enjoyed this more but... =/

5/10

TechOtakuJan 21, 2020 8:55 PM
Mar 1, 2020 4:33 AM

Oct 2007
Items I ordered from previos season has arrived.

As a little support to this anime. Have ordered the Code Reunion comic book by Tatsuhiko Urahata., it arrived a few days ago. ^^

front:

back:
Apr 5, 2020 10:25 AM

Apr 2011
That anime was okay...
Apr 28, 2020 8:14 PM

Feb 2013
And it's finally over, yay.
Mar 10, 2021 4:51 AM

Mar 2012
Look like covid 19?? 😨😨

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

More topics from this board

Poll: » Z/X: Code Reunion Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2019

9 by Calpan-GD »»
May 14, 2023 2:06 AM

» Can you watch this without watching the prequel?

Wavepush - May 27, 2021

0 by Wavepush »»
May 27, 2021 10:00 AM

Poll: » Z/X: Code Reunion Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2019

11 by Ulquiorra »»
Apr 28, 2020 7:43 PM

Poll: » Z/X: Code Reunion Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2019

9 by Ulquiorra »»
Apr 24, 2020 7:45 PM

Poll: » Z/X: Code Reunion Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2019

7 by Ulquiorra »»
Apr 24, 2020 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.