Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2019 1:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wait, this is the confession the series was aiming for? I lol'd.

He's not wrong about seeing Yuizaki differently compared to the beginning though.
Dec 21, 2019 1:46 AM

Jan 2011
Started off fine, but it just lost something along the way.
Dec 21, 2019 7:51 AM

Feb 2007
Coward.

May be in the extra chapter, then...
Dec 21, 2019 9:03 AM
Oct 2017
This was definitely axed lol
Dec 24, 2019 7:37 PM

Mar 2015
lameass confession, meh series overall.
Aug 17, 2021 7:47 AM

Dec 2009
I expected romance... How disappointing.

The development of passion for shot-put was somewhat decent but not well presented from the rush of it starting to get closer to his crush, to then later revealing how much of a gamer he was.
Her stoic personality and gentle personality was refreshing compared to the stupid annoying dull theme of the naughty accident getting the male slapped, but unfortunately it still happened on occasion with Ouji, who never showed a hint of being attracted to Oomiya until she suddenly loves him with barely any showing of how, even though it's explained when she confronts Yuizaki as her love rival.

For the ecchi, the teenage male physical attraction to girls and their frequent lust to leer at them was realistic, but... there's no point to it.
His best friend is a stupid proud pervert, Hotaru is a clingy lesbian, while Oomiya has delusional fantasies.

... It's all poorly done and stupid in the end, even though the serious aspect of sport was... okay, but barely any progress of love whatsoever, with the oblivious Yuizaki not knowing the feeling but knowing that she enjoys training with him and her passion for shot-put. What a mediocre waste. 3/10.
Oct 20, 2021 11:34 PM
Aug 2021
Man, I actually liked how there was a decent focus on the sport, but from a romance perspective, this was absolutely garbage. So many storylines that are hinted at but never investigated eg the club captain and the teacher who inspired him. Also, Swimmer-San shows up, and then goes from not having a bit of interest in Oomiya to suddenly being madly in love with him??? The fuck? And yes while our MC isn't anything special and low-key started the sport with ulterior motives, he did come to enjoy it and that's cool, but by the end he's still pretty shit at the sport, and hasn't really gotten much further with his crush. And also, Yuizaki has some Ichika/Raku/Rito levels of senseless going on to not realise that MC is infatuated with her. I'm not saying that she had to accept his feelings, but they were so fucking apparent that how could you NOT notice it? Had potential to be a 7 or maybe even an 8, but ends up as a solid 5/10 for me cos there were nice moments in between and I liked the art style (also, Yuizaki has the build I love)
Jan 30, 2023 8:30 AM

Sep 2015
Yeah, it probably got axed. I also liked the sports aspect, especially as Oomiya didn't grow at an unreasonable pace and wasn't in real competition to the win or even the podium at the end. I mean, in the beginning he was completely nonathletic with absolute zero sports experience and by the end he did shot put for how long? 6 or 7 months?  The time line was a bit confusing, but it was all his first year in high school. Getting into the main competition was just about believable by beating all or most of the other newbies, but beating physically superior competitors who probably already did shot put in middle school or at least a year ahead of him in high school would be BS.

The manga also had decent artwork, the panels had a good flow to them and it had quality fan service (girls' sports is a good vehicle for that).

But the romance part was shit, that's true. I'd like to read a sequel where that also goes somewhere, Oomiya competes with a fair chance to stand on the podium with an additional year of training and some coaching, and I'd also like some more "screen time" with his sister('s reaction to his lifestyle change).
ModelCitizenJan 30, 2023 8:52 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuizaki-san wa Nageru! Chapter 62 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

0 by Stark700 »»
Nov 17, 2019 12:57 AM

Poll: » Yuizaki-san wa Nageru! Chapter 61 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 25, 2019

1 by OmegaDog »»
Oct 27, 2019 10:21 AM

Poll: » Yuizaki-san wa Nageru! Chapter 60 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Aug 29, 2019

2 by luinthoron »»
Aug 30, 2019 1:51 AM

Poll: » Yuizaki-san wa Nageru! Chapter 59 Discussion

luinthoron - Jul 12, 2019

0 by luinthoron »»
Jul 12, 2019 1:38 AM

Poll: » Yuizaki-san wa Nageru! Chapter 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

1 by luinthoron »»
Jun 24, 2019 2:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.