Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 22, 2019 3:07 PM

Apr 2018
To catch up with everything there is to know so far, you should watch this great video by Whang explaining the mystery!

To summon it up, in 2015 there was a thread on 4chan's /x/ board where people talked about things they've found in the deep web and one person recalls finding an extremely grotesque anime about some girls who stay locked inside of a bathroom and end up killing each other in some very graphic ways. People have been trying to find this anime ever since.

I'm bringing the mystery here because Whang's video has ignited my interest in it, and it has for a lot of other people too. I figured posting this here could potentially give us more leads.

There's a subreddit dedicated to solving this mystery (https://www.reddit.com/r/SakiSanobashi/). If you wanna help, please join! Or, post whatever possible leads you may have in this thread! Any bit helps!
Nov 22, 2019 10:09 PM
Nov 2019
Looking for it too, Whangs vid was great but I want to know more
Nov 22, 2019 10:41 PM

Sep 2018
Finally got around to watching the video, and I must say, this is a really interesting case! I've never come across a lost anime type incident, so I'll definitely be keeping up to date with it.
Nov 22, 2019 10:58 PM

May 2013
Sounds sickening and depraved. Gonna keep my eyes on this mystery.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Nov 23, 2019 4:14 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome video, hoping we can get more of this and like this, fingers crossed.
Nov 23, 2019 9:20 AM

Sep 2019
otakode said:
To catch up with everything there is to know so far, you should watch this great video by Whang explaining the mystery!

To summon it up, in 2015 there was a thread on 4chan's /x/ board where people talked about things they've found in the deep web and one person recalls finding an extremely grotesque anime about some girls who stay locked inside of a bathroom and end up killing each other in some very graphic ways. People have been trying to find this anime ever since.

I'm bringing the mystery here because Whang's video has ignited my interest in it, and it has for a lot of other people too. I figured posting this here could potentially give us more leads.

There's a subreddit dedicated to solving this mystery (https://www.reddit.com/r/SakiSanobashi/). If you wanna help, please join! Or, post whatever possible leads you may have in this thread! Any bit helps!

Ah yes, another great Whang video. I've seen a thread like that on /x/ just yesterday. I tried checking MAL to see if there was a category or synopsis for it, but i went nowhere with it. Maybe if there's a big lead in the case, i'll try to see what i can find.
Nov 23, 2019 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
Sounds like an uninteresting creepypasta, anime won't simply disappear into thin air and suddenly be mentioned like this in some 4chan page. When you factor in that the content is supposedly so-super-gorey and "so shocking" then it's just all the less interesting and more obvious that this is fake. If it was that shocking in the first place it wouldn't go unnoticed.
Nov 23, 2019 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Taking all the information into consideration, it's hard to argue that the OP didn't just make it all up. The intriguing part, at least for me, is how well the person tapped into the public unconscious, so many people are so invested in it, and I too can see the artistic merit in an OVA like that if executed well (no pun intended). Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if some artist out there could easily do a successful Kickstarter to make it.
Nov 23, 2019 1:16 PM

Apr 2018
Unowen said:
Sounds like an uninteresting creepypasta, anime won't simply disappear into thin air and suddenly be mentioned like this in some 4chan page. When you factor in that the content is supposedly so-super-gorey and "so shocking" then it's just all the less interesting and more obvious that this is fake. If it was that shocking in the first place it wouldn't go unnoticed.

That's true... BUT, this isn't the first time a story like this has popped up, and you know what? Those other times, the stories turned out to be true! Such as the clock man and that Halloween Nickelodeon movie. Many people gave up in the search for those halfway through simply dismissing it as some shitty creepy pasta, but those who didn't give up the search ended up finding out that they did exist. The Nickelodeon movie specifically took like 10 years to be found! Proving that it is completely possible for something like this to exist. If it's an 80s or 90s OVA, it could very well be just some really obscure anime made by some amateur nobody, or maybe it's the work of someone famous which has simply gone unnoticed. The real difficulty in this case is the fact that it's a foreign piece of media. In the case of clock man or the Halloween movie, we were able to find them mainly because they were English pieces of media and were probably created in the same country that they were being searched on, but in this case, it's an obscure anime that might not have any English search results on google. There might be people who remember this anime but they might be Japanese and have no idea that there's people in the west trying to find it. The best place to find obscure anime is actually not on the internet! It's in thrift shops and VHS stores... the latter of which barely exists anymore, which is obviously not going to be good for our search.
Nov 24, 2019 7:39 PM

Aug 2013
Reminder that there have been really nasty obscure shit films from Japan at that age like Naked Blood or Meat Doll so there's like a chance of it ever existing.
Nov 25, 2019 10:50 PM
Sep 2017
I don't have a great memory of the things i've watched and sometimes my brain over-exaggerate things.

But i'm sure i've seen it back then....

And it isn't really anything horrifying or "traumatizing" like the original poster said

There are animes with much more effed up stuff in them

There is a manga or doujoshin of a girl getting amputated for pleasure by herself.
Nov 26, 2019 12:41 PM

Apr 2018
DeathDrager said:
I don't have a great memory of the things i've watched and sometimes my brain over-exaggerate things.

But i'm sure i've seen it back then....

And it isn't really anything horrifying or "traumatizing" like the original poster said

There are animes with much more effed up stuff in them

There is a manga or doujoshin of a girl getting amputated for pleasure by herself.

The original anon was most likely a 14 year old going through an edgy deepweb phase and didn't anticipate stumbling upon guro.
Nov 26, 2019 12:48 PM
Apr 2016
I would like to thank Metropolitan Police for taking swift and necessary actions against content most illegal and disturbing. The nation is suffering enough as it is. Keep up the good work J-cops.
Re:formed
Dec 13, 2019 6:06 PM

Nov 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M_3qKj_Uxw

new video from Whang! and some updated on Saki Sanobashi
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Dec 13, 2019 6:23 PM

Mar 2008
Unlikely it exists because there just is no evidence at all and considering it started with a 4chan post and no one has even given an actual URL of where it was they claimed tp see it which tells us it's likely just trolling. If it does exist it should be assumed it's not called anything that has been suggested and those were just troll replies.
Dec 13, 2019 6:24 PM
Jun 2015
I have been trying to help in the search, the issue is people come in and doubt it exist, the mods partake in shitposting, and overall moral to find it is low. There are tons of people just making up how they had seen it for the lolz. Given the latest video reveals how most gore related anime is generally lost and won't be found due to today's sensitive climate, I don't have much hope that it will be found.
Dec 13, 2019 10:07 PM

Apr 2018
traed said:
Unlikely it exists because there just is no evidence at all and considering it started with a 4chan post and no one has even given an actual URL of where it was they claimed tp see it which tells us it's likely just trolling. If it does exist it should be assumed it's not called anything that has been suggested and those were just troll replies.

It is very possible that it does exist. A LOT of guro anime from the 80s is lost due to censorship issues that have come along the years, and most of it didn't make it anywhere near the internet (and if it did, it most likely got deleted and didn't get archived). Also yeah, it's pretty much accepted that Saki Sanobashi is not the real name of this anime and we won't find it by searching it that way.
Dec 13, 2019 10:17 PM
Mar 2018
Slightly offtopic , but I guess you mean dark web and not deep web, deep web consists of things that can't be found through a google search(or any other search engine). For example I can't look up your bank account balance or your MAL 'edit profile' page. Now im suspicious about that 4chan thread because they don't even know the difference between deep and dark web -_-
ccbestgirl1411Dec 13, 2019 10:22 PM
Dec 13, 2019 11:18 PM

Mar 2008
otakode said:
traed said:

It is very possible that it does exist. A LOT of guro anime from the 80s is lost due to censorship issues that have come along the years, and most of it didn't make it anywhere near the internet (and if it did, it most likely got deleted and didn't get archived). Also yeah, it's pretty much accepted that Saki Sanobashi is not the real name of this anime and we won't find it by searching it that way.

Just because it's a plausible plot and just because media sometimes gets lost isn't evidence it existed. I could just make up a plot myself if I wanted and a simple backstory and someone will think that could have existed too.
Dec 14, 2019 7:45 AM

Jun 2015
otakode said:
traed said:

idk if this has been mentioned in this thread already, but i saw it on the reddit page. someone said on behalf on the hispanic community tackling this mystery that theres a chance that "saki sanobashi" is just a mistranslation of the name "saki-san no bashitsu" which means "saki's torture room"

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Dec 22, 2019 7:37 AM

May 2011
EdgyEcchiSenpai said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M_3qKj_Uxw

new video from Whang! and some updated on Saki Sanobashi

That anime cutscene with the girl is from an anime called:
Hontou ni Atta Gakkou Kaidan if anyone is wondering.
Dec 22, 2019 9:32 AM
Feb 2017
I clicked the subreddit, the first post I see is someone claiming to be the person who started the claims and is saying the thing is entirely made up.

Lol.
Dec 28, 2019 5:09 PM

Jul 2010
I'm really into mysteries myself, but this is 99,99 % a hoax made for lolz and attention.
Stop please, Whang's video was pretty interesting but it explained everything pretty well- thing doesn't exist.
Unlike ClockMan's case, there is almost no one who remembers the thing, just OP on 4chan or Reddit (veeeery convincing) and a lot of trolls. No actual proof.
TheMangaManiacDec 28, 2019 5:12 PM
Dec 30, 2019 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
Okay, I'll accept that this isn't real. Even after pouring everything I have into looking into the lore around this and alike animes. But I'd like to ask... does anyone know of similar animes? And I'm not talking about animes that are graphic/horror/goro. I'd prefer if they WERE, though. But what I'm wondering is... does anyone know of any extremely obscure animes that are barely discussed online? Maybe a strange 90's anime that was only put on a couple thousand VHS tapes? Something that may or may not be archived on MLA, and if it is, it's popularity number would be extremely low? I'm all about lost media and trivia. That's the main appeal of this whole mystery. It may seem selfish of myself to ask something like this on this forum... but if you've got an answer, consider if a recommendation for others like me lol.

Also, the post of this might be of interest to some people!
removed-userDec 30, 2019 12:52 AM
Dec 30, 2019 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYIS-KnhxPI

^ This person recreated what WOULD be the intro to the anime. They kinda spoofed the 90's VHS aesthetic. it's really interesting. But in their description, they actually talk about a "remake" or a group of people who plan to animate what everyone wants to see.
Dec 30, 2019 2:39 AM

Apr 2019
Sounds interesting. But I'll just watch from the sidelines because that's how I've always been when it comes to something like this.
Jan 24, 2020 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
Unowen said:

I agree that it's probably fake, but I'll argue against two things.
1) Anime DOES disappear into thin air. There's a huge list of such anime here: https://lostmediaarchive.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Lost_Anime
2) Shocking things often go unnoticed, there's no shortage of such content on the internet. Pixiv alone has over 300,000 posts (which often include multiple pictures) tagged "R18-G" (R18-Guro).
Jan 24, 2020 12:30 AM

Jun 2019
Sounds like a plot similar to the 2009 film Hunger - a survival horror which plays on claustrophobia and deprivation.

It also reminds me of the story about the creator behind "Midori" actively trying to ditch it and any association with it, and it almost crossed this threshold into lost media until it was recovered mostly unedited and uploaded worldwide.

As a horror fan it's something which piques my interest, considering dearth of horror in anime. But the cardinal rule is that a daring premise absolutely does not guarantee a great final product of a show which actually delivers on it.

Lost media is a big problem in general though. That's something you still hear about concerning the Doctor Who episodes from the 60s, and I always find it incredible anything past the silent film era can really vanish into oblivion as far as we know, but it has happened. Plus a lot of anime although thankfully not lost, have only raws available and either zero subtitles or atrocious ones (or just left unfinished).
Jan 24, 2020 12:46 AM

Jun 2012
So obscurity is trending. Like Whatever.
Jan 31, 2020 2:42 AM

Apr 2018
I doubt this anime exists, but would be pleased if it did.
Mar 29, 2020 6:33 AM

Jan 2013
Has it been confirmed fake?

https://youtu.be/EvyC2-0CE7M?t=1208
This video was about this "lost anime", and apparently the op was just trolling around when first talking about this.
Mar 29, 2020 6:39 AM

Aug 2018
CondemneDio said:
Has it been confirmed fake?

https://youtu.be/EvyC2-0CE7M?t=1208
This video was about this "lost anime", and apparently the op was just trolling around when first talking about this.
Yes it has been. Apparently he was just role-playing. He revealed that on a discord server that was made for finding the anime.