Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2019 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More Street Fighter arcade action between Oono and Koharu! This looked both a mental and skilled battle. Koharu's thoughts were pretty intense in this.

Haruo has a strange taste with his television programs lol
Nov 22, 2019 5:02 PM

Nov 2010
In the first half, 3D CG including bullet-time was fully used to describe Hidaka's mental world. And when Hidaka was speaking seriously to herself, carefree NPCs were dancing and dancing in the background of the game screen.
Nov 22, 2019 9:58 PM
Mar 2017
In what vol / chapter of the manga is this episode?
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 22, 2019 10:03 PM

Mar 2016
"So you're into that stuff, huh?" Haruo's mom accepts that his son is not into women, at least not yet. Intense, that how the battle between Akira and Koharu was, the internal monologue made you feel that really was an all or nothing for Koharu. Meanwhile, Haruo was doing something that hasn't done in a while: study. The idea was good, show a mature side, something that would work with any other girl, but with Akira... yikes.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Nov 22, 2019 10:22 PM

Feb 2014
FireCrauter said:
In what vol / chapter of the manga is this episode?
Hii. In chapter 52 c:
Nov 23, 2019 2:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, Haruo has his motorcycle license now, I hope for a ride with Oono.
Nov 23, 2019 3:54 PM

Jan 2017
I'm not complaining, but that game's idle screen or intro video in Haruo's room got an odd amount of screen time lol.

That Hidaka vs Oono fight was animated in an entertaining way, but I just couldn't bring myself to care or feel any of the stakes lol. Even if Hidaka won, all that effort could be dashed with an "Uh... I like her more. Sorry."

Seems like we'll be getting some bad news next week.
Mendokusai
Nov 23, 2019 3:57 PM
Nov 2019
Worrying ending - Signifying the winds of change???

Looks like Oono is only interested in Haruo as a gaming challenge.

SSF2X - is such a hard game, Although I prefer SF2-CE or SF3-3S.

Nov 23, 2019 4:16 PM
Apr 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFYiGxJCL-E

If you want to listen/watch the whole Jeffry music video set to cgi pics.
Nov 23, 2019 4:44 PM

Oct 2015
Oono is a Zangief forever, even against that beast Akuma and those cheap chicken moves by Hidaka. I liked how he turned around the situation, and really pummeled her hard. She's awesome, if it wasn't for the bad CG she would've been my favorite character officially.

Wow, I was surprised that Haruo was getting a license to impress Oono, how sweet. But I don't understand why she backed away there?

I also wonder if we have seen the last of Hidaka? I seriously hope she can become friends with Oono as the show progresses, sisters stick together.

The music video made me laugh!
lihle808Nov 23, 2019 4:47 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 23, 2019 4:51 PM

Oct 2017
penrhos said:
Worrying ending - Signifying the winds of change???

Looks like Oono is only interested in Haruo as a gaming challenge.

SSF2X - is such a hard game, Although I prefer SF2-CE or SF3-3S.

I'd be surprised and disappointed if we didn't get a happy ending after 24 episodes.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Nov 23, 2019 8:26 PM

Aug 2014
The VFCG Portrait Series is a masterpiece. Truly McWild.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 23, 2019 8:36 PM

Nov 2011
What the hell with that ending though!?!?!? That cliffhanger was brutal. I really hope Oono doesn't go away again. Especially since Haruo worked hard to get his license.

Man only a few episodes left.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 24, 2019 12:09 AM

Oct 2017
Haruo got a liscense and here I thought it's time to see a ride with Oono but that ending made me totally worried. There's still four episodes left so we'll proly see some drama now I guess but I do hope this gets a happy end.
Nov 24, 2019 3:21 AM

Dec 2015
I like this one not as much as the first season and the OVA - which I scored with 9/10. (Will get a 8 or 9, not a 10 as I hoped for.) Still a great show and one of the better romance anime. The plot progress though is getting a bit slow. We had a point where Yaguchi already had gotten more serious (trying to get into that better school to be together with Akira) and now they picked this up again - with getting a driving license for motorcycle.

Though with the friend from school talking to him and him realizing that there is more to it ... we might finally get some more straightforward and constant progress in that direction.

Taking some time for Akira vs. Koharu was nice - but not as fun as the scenes with Yaguchi.

In this episode the mother was fun ha ha. Commenting at the vid with the Jeffrey character that seemed a bit as if it was targeted at homosexual boys.

Oono at the end seems a bit scared of a "real" relationship I think. Just gaming is without trouble/problems and her reaction hints that the really likes him. Otherwise she would not have been bothered.
Nov 24, 2019 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
The soundtrack during Hidaka vs Oono was intense. Loved how Hidaka realized why Yaguchi would love Oono. I'm curious to know why Oono would back away from Yaguchi at the end there.
Nov 24, 2019 7:46 AM

Jul 2017
Does the end of the episode mean that Oono actually lost to Hidaka?!?!?!
Nov 24, 2019 8:07 AM

Nov 2019
Packman4000 said:
Does the end of the episode mean that Oono actually lost to Hidaka?!?!?!

I think so, I mean the odds is like 9-1 against Zangief, even if Hidaka quit that cheap moves, it's still Zangief's worst matchup

People underestimate Hidaka, when we all saw her went at least 1-2 against Oono in Haruo's house
Nov 24, 2019 10:09 AM

Dec 2016
A licence, eh? Now he can go freely whenever he wants during his free time and go to the arcade ^^ That's good.

That worried face at the end made me wonder what happened during the battle between her and Koharu.... so guess she lost?

Great episode as always!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 24, 2019 2:15 PM
Nov 2019
Did Oono loose or throw the game.....

They didn't show the final result - it was 1 all when they cut away but Oono was giving Hidika a hammering in the third match.

But they cut away form the screen before it rotates round to the high-scores.

I think Oono's getting cold feet about emotions and saw Yaguchi as a no-ties gaming equal not a romantic interest which will phase her.
Nov 24, 2019 4:33 PM
Feb 2009
dang what happened between Oono and Hidaka match cause that ending didn't look good
Nov 24, 2019 6:15 PM
Oct 2014
The way Oono backed away at the end, probably tells us how the match went. Akuma vs Zangief though, yeesh.
Nov 24, 2019 8:01 PM

Sep 2013
I was about to say this season really lacked any tension like it did last season with her leaving and them running away. That ending is worrying.
Nov 24, 2019 10:46 PM

Oct 2008
Even in games Koharu would never win against Akira, she even beat Akuma using Zangief! damn!
Of course Haruo should move forward and not just 4ever games.
Nice he got motorcycle license and Makoto even gave her scooter to Haruo for free!
but oh god! what is this drama thing that i'm feeling again? are they gonna go separate ways? if that's the case then Hidaka would still have a chance but of course it would just be one-sided...oh damn! i have mixed feelings!
5/5.

oh i forgot! the OST was superb on the part of the match!

Nov 25, 2019 2:51 AM
Mar 2015
anyone who wants to know why the ending

Nov 25, 2019 4:37 AM
Nov 2019
GamePois0n said:
anyone who wants to know why the ending

Nov 25, 2019 10:36 AM
Jan 2016
Intense battle between Oono and Hidaka, expressed really well how hard both girls like Haruo!

Oono's sister is an awesome character, encouraging Haruo to get his licence!

Haruo studying is a rare thing to see, it show how can a person change for a love interest!

Seems something went wrong, that reaction at the end let me really affraid, it was a damn clifhanger!
Nov 25, 2019 5:58 PM
Nov 26, 2019 3:24 AM

Jul 2017
Hidaka's Akuma vs. Oono's Zangief for the intense battle of supremacy over skill and Haruo!

On the other side, Haruo looking to obtain a motorcycle license, but classmates Miyao and Toi looking to distance his dream from the usual hook that he's enticed to. And it's all thanks to Oono's older sister who encouraged him to close the gap between him and Akira, given how much they've distanced since then.

The song, which contains Virtua Fighter CG Series Volume 10: Jeffrey McWild, is what it is, a chill song. Read the manga if ya wanna know what the song is!

It's a good thing that Haruo is progressing after getting license without fail. But with how much Haruo is changing ever so slightly, Akira TAKES HER STEPS BACK. What gives...?
Nov 26, 2019 10:16 AM
Mar 2015
Oono uses Hidaka's determination against her.
Our boy gets his motorcycle license and goes to see his love He was just using the music to study not watching the video
Nov 27, 2019 8:08 PM

May 2017
Oono's strategy against Hidaka was genius. She is amazing. Also, there seemed to be symbolism at the end with the fence being a divider between two different worlds. Based on an earlier post, it's possible that the inside of the fence was Akira's own world full of video games and fun which is the realm where her and Haruo play together. But the other side of the fence where Haruo was represents reality. This means that their special relationship could be gone as reality and a world of fun are usually opposites. Or it could also symbolize Haruo having freedom and Akira not but the first reason seems more likely. It was a cliffhanger so I guess I'll find out.
Nov 30, 2019 7:06 PM

Sep 2017
Hidaka thinking her love is cheap because she resorted to cheap tactics to try and win. I get what they were going for, but idk if I buy that logic. Anyway Haruo bangs out a licence in no time. That was nice, but wtf was up with that ending.
Jan 13, 2020 11:46 PM
Aug 2017
Hidaka and Oono finally had their showdown! Haruo got his license to drive a bike. And that Fisher man in tv lmfaoo that was pretty funny ngl. And that last bit concerns me... Oono tried to back away from Haruo like what? Did she lose to Hidaka O_O, oh god
Apr 13, 2020 7:25 PM

Mar 2018
Deoxyribo9 said:

Seriously, what.... what is this? Why does the description from 2015 say "High Score Girl Theme Song"? I am so confused and have so many questions...
Apr 15, 2020 10:05 AM

Jun 2015
I wasn't expecting an insert song from the legend Takenobu Mitsuyoshi at this point. Virtua Fighter CG Portrait Series, huh.
Apr 15, 2020 10:05 AM

Jun 2015
owarida6 said:
Deoxyribo9 said:

Seriously, what.... what is this? Why does the description from 2015 say "High Score Girl Theme Song"? I am so confused and have so many questions...

They obviously edited the description
Apr 15, 2020 3:13 PM

Jul 2015
To think this whole series was all a promotion for "Virtua Fighter CG Portrait Series Vol.10 Jeffry McWild" those damn bastards

Apr 15, 2020 5:38 PM

Apr 2012
Looks like Hidaka won.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 24, 2020 9:22 PM

Aug 2017
Hey, I loved the first half with Hidaka and Oono playing Super Street Fighter 2 x grand master challenge but I did not understand the ending of the second half, did Oono loose against Hidaka or she was just disappointed that Haru is losing interest in the games?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 22, 2023 2:15 PM

May 2020
Ono wants to be with Haru and play games with him at the same time. It seems she doesnt want him to be social instead of playing games with her. Lets see how it goes.
Jun 14, 2023 5:23 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Nov 14, 2023 5:02 PM

Dec 2022
Overthinking about things unrelated to game strats during a match is definitely not a good recipe for winning it.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 26, 10:02 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2019

41 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

36 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

78 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2019

29 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.