Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2019 11:58 AM

Oct 2018
Im rather surprised by this show and enjoying it very much, it reminds me of the old Star Wars movies.
Anyone watching this show? So what's your opinion?

Nov 21, 2019 1:26 PM

Mar 2019
Yes!!! Watching it as well... so far loving it even though we are only 2 episodes in... FYI... The Mandelorian is Prince Oberyn from Game Of Thrones...

Can’t wait for the newest episode to be released.
Nov 21, 2019 2:17 PM
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aug 2018
This show is skyrocketing on the list of "most pirated shows ever"... I'll give it a try... looking pretty good
Nov 22, 2019 8:25 PM

Mar 2019
Has anybody seen episode 3 yet??

Idk about you guys but every time I see the Mandelorians ship It reminds me of the Serenity... from Firefly lol
Nov 26, 2019 2:55 AM

Jul 2009
It doesn't come close to legendary original trilogy so far, but it's exponentially better than any of the Star Wars films produced by Disney. I never expected the gritty Western atmosphere to suit the franchise so well.
Nov 26, 2019 2:59 AM

Oct 2018
@Skittles exactly I agree.
I haven't still seen episode 3 hope its good.

Dec 1, 2019 7:26 AM

Feb 2018
This edit is the result of Mando, it's THE CUTEST FKING THING dfkasjdfhksjfhsjfasf

IM DYING sdfkjsduhgfajsfhs baby yoda is sooooooo cute every episode I feel overprotective and overwhelmed by cuteness lol, actually in the most recent one I was low-key mad and "omfg i'd be carrying the baby 24/7"

I'm laughing so hard because I know which scenes he used for the edit lmfao... it works too well @____@, the cut where Baby looks down kills me it's perfect wtf LOL.

The cooing is too goddamn cute ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this cured my depression lmfao

ArtreyuDec 1, 2019 7:43 AM
Dec 1, 2019 11:39 AM

Oct 2018
@Artreyu WOW those work so well I loved the green light saber thanks for sharing the baby is cute af and I heard people complaining how disney doesn't have nice merch for baby yoda they should definitely have some plushies by now,this show is so good!

This is the way. I have spoken. XD
Mila91Dec 1, 2019 11:47 AM

Dec 6, 2019 2:55 PM

Mar 2019
Those Baby Yoda videos are great lol... Im loving this show... still haven’t seen episode 5 yet... my boss is actually locked in his office watching it as we speak lol...

I really like that about the show.
Dec 6, 2019 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
Praise baby Yoda.
Dec 7, 2019 4:52 AM

Oct 2018
El_Hybrid said:
my boss is actually locked in his office watching it as we speak lol...

Sounds like a great boss,you're lucky :)

Dec 7, 2019 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
I'm really enjoying it, though I found the 4th episode as my least favourite.
Dec 8, 2019 2:42 PM

Mar 2015
loving the heck outta this show. a show based on the mandalorian lore was a good idea.
Dec 9, 2019 8:23 AM

Oct 2017
keragamming said:
I'm really enjoying it, though I found the 4th episode as my least favourite.

episode 4 was very on the nose not much you can do about that.
Dec 19, 2019 2:43 AM

Feb 2018
Episode 6 was my favourite tbh, only 1 more episode to go though so I wonder how they'll finish it... seems like there's supposed to be S2. I feel like the length and time constraints is harming the quality though... they have to make things convenient in the show
Dec 29, 2019 12:06 PM

Jul 2013
After growing tired of Netflix originals, I gave this a try and it was like a breath of fresh air. It went from a 7.8 to a 9 fairly recently and I think the 7.8 rating for The Mandalorian sounded better.

It sure is the stepping stone of the space opera/sci-fi genre, I'll give it that.
Jan 19, 2020 5:31 PM

Jun 2015
as someone already said.
it's exponentially better than any of the Star Wars films produced by Disney.

and no cliffhanger shit, ends on a good enough satisfying note.

sure iron mans butler basically wrote a fanfic, but its a really good one. a grand moff has the darksaber? meh.

all those useless clans from the 3danims got rekt, good. The leader, forger was actually really kool.

the only bad part was when they showed his dumpy face.
Jan 27, 2020 9:45 PM

Mar 2019
Skittles said:
It doesn't come close to legendary original trilogy so far, but it's exponentially better than any of the Star Wars films produced by Disney. I never expected the gritty Western atmosphere to suit the franchise so well.

The Star Wars universe has always had a strong theme of grit and lawlessness to it. Law and order in the Star Wars universe is completely non-existent in the outer rim territories and is pretty much non-existent for poor people in the core/colony worlds as well. I'd actually argue the people in the outer rim territories have it easy compared to the poor in the core/colony worlds.

Coruscant, the capital city of the galaxy, has a notoriously horrifying underworld where the sunlight cannot infiltrate this part of the city. The underworld lives in abject poverty, it is completely ruled by gangs constantly at war with one another, strange creatures stalk the streets eating people, and the people living there are forced to breathe the toxic fumes of the entire planet (Coruscant has a population of 1 trillion people and the planet is covered by a city, so the level of industrial pollution is extreme). Coruscant's underworld has 5127 levels. The bottom 4 levels are so dangerous they are completely uninhabitable. The underworld comprises of almost the entire population of Coruscant, only 90 levels, reaching up to 5217 exist on Coruscant for the middle class and wealthy residents, the rest live in the underworld.

Nar Shaddaa is a moon containing 100 billion people, similar to Coruscant is covered by city. In contrast to Coruscant though, it is completely controlled by the criminal organizations such as the Hutts and by various smuggler and bounty hunter factions. Nar Shaddaa in the Star Wars universe is considered so dangerous that the Rebel Alliance wouldn't even send spies there considering it to be a suicide mission. So basically, the Rebels thought Nar Shaddaa was even more dangerous than planets controlled by the Empire.

This is the biggest reason why I've never really liked the Star Wars movies very much. The Star Wars expanded universe is extremely dark and gritty, probably one of the darkest fictional universes I've ever read about. You'd never think it though watching the movies because most of the movies are so cheesy and tame. And most people, including a lot of so called fans, only get their information about Star Wars from the movies so they have no idea how much potential is being wasted by all these shitty films that have been produced which essentially amount to copy and paste generic hollywood sci-fi.

I give respect to the original trilogy for being the first one, and because the expanded universe had not been developed very much at that time. But everything that has come out since has dropped the ball in a major way.

Except Mandalorian, Mandalorian is very good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
2 hours ago

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
8 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
9 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
10 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.