Forums

Anime that are so bad that they insult your intelligence

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 9, 2019 2:28 PM

Sep 2014
AliXiah said:
Hrybami said:
On one hand you have the audience who expect something justified to their taste, intelligence or whatever. When the characters are doing unjustified and stupid things for example. On the other hand you have the anime that expect the audience to accept or get entertained by what the anime has to offer. Like a show doing sloppy fanservice or giving doubtful reasoning behind some mechanic of the show.

Ah now I see what you mean. I'm not sure if that's what people have in mind when they say "show A and show B insulted me", but to me, it seems that most of them (not all of them, of course) just say it because they didn't like the anime, not because of the two things you just explained. That's why I was wondering what I was wondering.

That's partly it yes. anime that insult intelligence = anime we hate. The difference is that insulting the intelligence is the reason why an anime is hated by someone. Likewise, not every anime someone hate has necessarily insulted their intelligence. However, it's more than anything completely situational.
Nov 9, 2019 3:51 PM

Apr 2017
For me, I seriously HATED Kakegurui! I tried to get into it but I couldn't. The animation is stunning but the storing was so horrible..

Secondly, I didn't like K! I really tried to get into that, too. I just found the plot to be dragging and the animation was a bit off.
Nov 9, 2019 3:54 PM

Feb 2010
Kabaneri is one of the first ones that come to mind. Everyone in that show is literally retarded, making the MC who is somewhat capable of rational thought seem like a different species.

There's other stupid shit like Mirai Nikki or Mayoiga but I can't think of many that take themselves as seriously as Kabaneri did, while still showing a complete lack of understanding of basic human rational thinking. I find it to be a little miracle that anime was ever made without anyone second-guessing basically every writing decision.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 9, 2019 3:58 PM

Dec 2016
Now and then, here and there.

A great premise, ruined by one-dimensional, cliché-ridden characters. I've rarely been that mad at any kind of show, be it anime or live-action. The premise was right up my ally, it got me really excited, but all I got served with was flat bullshit lacking any kind of depth.
mors certa hora incerta
Nov 9, 2019 4:13 PM

Jul 2019
Code Geass was so bad that it became a cult classic
Nov 9, 2019 5:06 PM

Aug 2013
I'm proud of this thread. Perfect variety of clashing opinions.
Nov 9, 2019 5:32 PM
Jan 2019
Krav40 said:
One word, ERASED. Seriously I hate that show.
I think it's because your not a fan of mystery psychology Anime I gess, cuz for me and a lot of people it was amazing, I get your point why you hate it, don't wanna spoil but we all knew who was the suspect it was really disappointing but... Still I enjoyed most of it
Nov 9, 2019 5:32 PM
Jan 2019
Krav40 said:
I think it's because your not a fan of mystery psychology Anime I gess, cuz for me and a lot of people it was amazing, I get your point why you hate it, don't wanna spoil but we all knew who was the suspect it was really disappointing but... Still I enjoyed most of it
Nov 9, 2019 5:34 PM
Jan 2019
YeeYeeAss said:
Ramsey01maa said:
can't agree more imagine watching that and genuinely think it's good

I mean, it is the most best selling manga
if you can solve 1 mystery in one piece
One piece story is too smart and complicated for you I gess
Nov 9, 2019 5:35 PM
Jan 2019
Gulogulo said:
Code Geass was so bad that it became a cult classic
yeahh I kind agree I won't say it's completely bad but those caracter thooo...
Nov 9, 2019 5:38 PM
Jan 2019
mileskxh said:
Kanata no Astra. That is what can be called "TRASH"
man are you serious that anime was one of couple that could have answered every question in your mind that's what I call good writing
Nov 9, 2019 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
Fucking Elfen Lied.

It tried to come across as "deep" but had the maturity of a middle school kid and felt the need to distract the audience with "Hey look boobs and blood!". I ended up laughing at most of the "sad" scenes.
Nov 9, 2019 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
KamisamaHatatan said:
ThEOnlYMaNAlivE said:
Monster 2004, 74 episodes of pure torture and in the end i felt like an idiot for giving it a solid 3/10.

I hope you bonk your little toe on the edge of your bed...

Thank you for your kind suggestions. While you're at it why don't you bonk your big toe on the edge of your bed while watching monster thinking to your self how stupidly stupid...i mean how stupidly smart you are, watching a stupidly stupid... I mean a stupidly smart show such as monster.
Nov 9, 2019 5:50 PM

Dec 2012
Basilisk
Conception
Gantz
Sword Gai
Taboo Tattoo
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 9, 2019 6:09 PM
Jun 2019
ayalazhar08 said:
mileskxh said:
Kanata no Astra. That is what can be called "TRASH"
man are you serious that anime was one of couple that could have answered every question in your mind that's what I call good writing

yeah how brilliant could be a show to vomit plot twists and answer the "mysteries" because that's a plot and that's cool to a survive anime in a well-done CGI starship 😎
Nov 9, 2019 6:15 PM

Aug 2018
This retarded show: https://myanimelist.net/anime/39523/Choujin_Koukousei-tachi_wa_Isekai_demo_Yoyuu_de_Ikinuku_you_desu?q=choyu

It's not the worse show I have watched, but I can't believe how dumb it is.

Nov 9, 2019 6:38 PM

Oct 2019
I lost a game of arm wrestling and had to watch Boku No Pico. That was honestly the most scarring piece of media i've ever seen, and im pretty much completely desensitized to gore and mutilation.
Nov 9, 2019 6:42 PM

Jun 2014
Definitely "Maison Ikkoku."

You'll suffer watching it. Just don't do it.

Nov 9, 2019 6:58 PM

May 2019
ThEOnlYMaNAlivE said:
Monster 2004, 74 episodes of pure torture and in the end i felt like an idiot for giving it a solid 3/10.

You watched 74 episodes even though it was a brain torture? The only bad thing about Monster is slow pacing which is fixed if you read manga. The rest is amazing.

What exactly did you hate about it?
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Nov 9, 2019 6:58 PM
Dec 2012
Okaasan online - this show pretty much proved to me that Japan is full of invalids.
Nov 9, 2019 6:59 PM

May 2019
Popura said:
There is this one anime that damaged my brain and it's called Boku no *censored*

Hero Academia? Alright got it. XD..
Your Waifu is trash
Nov 9, 2019 7:02 PM

May 2019
-fujo- said:
All jojo animes make me rethink life itself

You know that is a good thing. It is like being high.
Your Waifu is trash
Nov 9, 2019 7:10 PM

May 2019
ThEOnlYMaNAlivE said:
KamisamaHatatan said:

I hope you bonk your little toe on the edge of your bed...

Thank you for your kind suggestions. While you're at it why don't you bonk your big toe on the edge of your bed while watching monster thinking to your self how stupidly stupid...i mean how stupidly smart you are, watching a stupidly stupid... I mean a stupidly smart show such as monster.

You gave Code Geass 9 and half of the plot basically progresses on forced convenience with amazing end. Kinda like when in Golden Boy when Kintaro shows his swimming skills.
Your Waifu is trash
Nov 9, 2019 7:39 PM
Jul 2018
obvious_troll said:
ThEOnlYMaNAlivE said:

You gave Code Geass 9 and half of the plot basically progresses on forced convenience with amazing end. Kinda like when in Golden Boy when Kintaro shows his swimming skills.

Actually I've watched code geass a long time ago and don't remember much apart from the ending. I really enjoyed it when I watched it but my taste has changed and i don't know if i will give it a 9 after rewatching it.
Nov 9, 2019 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
obvious_troll said:
ThEOnlYMaNAlivE said:

You watched 74 episodes even though it was a brain torture? The only bad thing about Monster is slow pacing which is fixed if you read manga. The rest is amazing.

What exactly did you hate about it?

Yeah that was the first time i sit through an anime series that gave me brain torture but Sometimes you just need a experience like that. I was having a hard time finding a good anime for me and after watching 30+ episode, i didn't wanted to drop the anime( i already dropped a lot of anime). I just thought that somethings good gonna happen so stick around a little but that something good didn't came for me.

Slow pacing wasn't the issue for me. The thing is the whole story of monster is just stupid to me. Anyway many people like the series, i don't have any problems with that. It's just i didn't find the thing i was hoping for in that anime.
Nov 9, 2019 10:21 PM

Jul 2015
A few that come to mind are

Pupa
Diabolik Lovers
Girlfriend Kari
Hand Shakers
Mayoiga
Nov 10, 2019 2:53 AM
Aug 2018
Dante012 said:
TheDucc1 said:
oreimo
that shit was so bad I was crying in pain

To be fair, the first season was actually very clever. It makes fun of both normies and otaku, while teaching a valuable lesson (that people should not be judged based on their weird tastes).

Season 2 is where everything went wrong. It became exactly what it was criticizing in the first season. It really brought down the level of the show, but season 1 is still a clever comedy I highly recommend.

----

Personally, the most insulting anime ever is Boruto. There's a lot of cash-grab in the industry (like everywhere), but this one is the worst in my opinion. At least Dragon Ball Super tried to tell a new story. Boruto is still showing f*cking fillers, after more than 100 episodes, and the visuals are terrible. Shameless cash-grab.

I didn't watch season 2 but forcing myself to watch season 1 was so painful...
I suffered for nights just to finish that stupid piece of shit and I hate whoever worked on such a trashy immoral thing
AoT > anime
Nov 10, 2019 3:16 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Bokuben, it's like the most cliched harem ever made, it relies on cringe comedy based on missunderstandings, annoyingly far fetched coincidences and awkward ecchi moments. It's complete cancer and makes some of my other 1/10's seem like 10/10's
Nov 10, 2019 3:37 AM
May 2018
@TheDucc1 : Well then you didn't understand the season at all... Oreimo criticizes the "immoral stuff" that it's showing, so it actually agrees with you xD!
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Nov 10, 2019 3:43 AM

Aug 2018
In a single word : Parasyte. Ugly, dumb and shit.
Nov 10, 2019 3:44 AM

Sep 2019
3D Kanojo. It's completely horrible.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Nov 10, 2019 4:12 AM

Aug 2015
Seiya said:

I don't why that series is so praised.
It's poorly paced, annoying, contrived and badly written.
Nov 10, 2019 4:25 AM

Feb 2016
Goblin Slayer
My Hero Academia
The Seven Deadly Sins
Fire Force
Pokemon Black and White
Re:Zero
Isekai Smartphone
Maid Sama
Maison Ikkoku
Fairy Tail
Nov 10, 2019 4:41 AM

Oct 2018
ayalazhar08 said:
Krav40 said:

The mystery aspect didn't deliver and was built on false hope. Awful and cringe-worthy symbolism with "red is dead" and also, the fact that he's 35 and wants to be in a relationship with a 10-year-old is very strange and all around I didn't care for any of the characters, they were boring and replaceable. The only character that I liked was his mom.
Krav40Nov 10, 2019 4:46 AM
Nov 10, 2019 5:56 AM

Jun 2014
TakamakiJoker said:
Seiya said:

I agree. I consider it a strong candidate for worst Anime ever.

Although, I'm confused. You gave "Urusei Yatsura" a decent score, but I hated that Anime just as much as Maison Ikkoku.

Nov 10, 2019 6:44 AM

Mar 2018
Seiya said:
TakamakiJoker said:

Wrong! Mirai Nikki has that place covered. No other anime is as bad as that one.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 10, 2019 6:49 AM

Jun 2014
Luchse said:
Seiya said:

Wrong! Mirai Nikki has that place covered. No other anime is as bad as that one.

I've never seen Mirai Nikki, but it certainly looks pretty bad.

Nov 10, 2019 6:51 AM

Mar 2018
Seiya said:
Luchse said:

Please for the love of god don't watch it if you value your sanity...

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 10, 2019 6:52 AM

Jun 2014
Luchse said:
Seiya said:

Lol, yeah, I didn't plan on watching it to begin with.

Nov 10, 2019 6:54 AM

Mar 2018
Seiya said:
Luchse said:

Lol, yeah, I didn't plan on watching it to begin with.
That "thing" is the literal example of throw enough mud at the wall, some of it will stick. Saying that it's horrible would be a major understatement.

Nov 10, 2019 6:55 AM

Feb 2019
What I've watched from Dr. Stone was intellectually insulting, but I won't say it's a bad anime, it's just not my thing.

The worst anime I've watched was Hametsu no Mars, although it's just a so bad it's good if you're drunk enough and with friends.
Nov 10, 2019 7:18 AM

Jul 2015
Definitely Highschool of the Dead.
Lowest possible quality fanservice just used to conceal while bullshit and overall lack of quality and plot.

Nov 10, 2019 7:31 AM

Mar 2018
Piromysl said:
Lowest possible quality fanservice just used to conceal while bullshit and overall lack of quality and plot.
But think of the fantastic breast physics! They were done in such a masterful way.

Nov 10, 2019 7:38 AM
Nov 2018
all nichijou-kei works without proper messages and nothing important going on.
MechaGod86Nov 10, 2019 7:45 AM
Nov 10, 2019 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
Luchse said:
Piromysl said:
But think of the fantastic breast physics! They were done in such a masterful way.

An ultimate cringe and direct insult.

Nov 10, 2019 7:44 AM

Mar 2018
Piromysl said:
Luchse said:

An ultimate cringe and direct insult.
I am but a man so such things are to be expected.

Nov 10, 2019 8:08 AM

Dec 2015
- Fairy Tail Final Series
- Ano natsu de matteru
- Another: specially the end is just a joke and goes from relatively serious to blockbuster final destiny.
- Monogatari series, as it progresses.
- ERASED
- Chaos;Child
- Durarara
- Golden Time
- Guilty Crown
- Hajimete no Gal
- Spice and Wolf (only some of it)
- Planetes
- Psycho-Pass (big time)
- Saekano Flat
- Steins;Gate 0 (What a huge mess compared to S;G)
- TTGL for killing the cool guy for stupid reasons and never adressing these reasons.
- Yosuga no sora
- Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou

These are the ones that I've had the (dis)pleasure to check for myself and that I remember giving me the good ol' yikes. Some are completely insulting, others have stupid points that ruined the whole experience for me.
Nov 10, 2019 8:15 AM

Mar 2018
I am sure there are a lot of them just as there are cookie-cutter shows made for the fast buck but I have never watched any of them. I have seen "Guilty Crown", which is indeed terrible storytelling but no worse than many other direct anime shows.

Nov 10, 2019 9:29 AM

Jun 2019
Twinkle Nora Rock Me. I didn't think it was possible to watch a manga until I watched that. The animation is so bad no wonder it was forgotten. It made Urda look like a masterpeice... Oh wait... No it didn't.
Nov 10, 2019 9:58 AM

May 2018
Island - A girl runs along the beach and suddenly stumbles and lands her face right onto unconscious naked boy's penis.
Gyo - Mysterious fart turns people and animals into farting zombies who get mechanical legs and ass-to-mouth hoses out from nowhere

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 16 minutes ago

2 by Spunkert »»
21 seconds ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 8 hours ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
44 seconds ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

17 by 707supremacist »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

10 by meyve »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 8 hours ago

16 by Maou_heika »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.