Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 17, 2019 4:18 AM
May 2019
Quality of animation and censorship, directing are the primary reason why some anime fans are upset. They believe that anime isn't doing justice to the source material.
The best bet for those that are upset is to wait for the BD version. That is hopefully going to fix most of the issues that they are having.
Oct 17, 2019 4:27 AM

Oct 2015
It's too easy to put in blaming most people on this site/forum. Same as getting other shows involved that are hyped because they excel in one part of the show, could be animation could be story etc.etc.

First off, if something is shit it would not get hyped in the first place. So hating on mainstream cause they get more attention is just trying to be an edge lord. Nothing more, nothing les. The fact you did not enjoy a main stream show does not make it bad. If a shows try's to excel in one specific thing, then that is probably their gimmick, if it becomes wildly popular. It did a great fucking job at that.

Now the problem with seven sins is that it was on the hype train, it is a mainstream show that excelled at several things. Not animation cause that was good and just right to have a nice feeling to watch it. But the story and the balls it had to just show emotions in a hard way, someone dying (or making us believe they are dying) with blood, desperation and emotion in general. and also the gruesome (gruesome is meant in a emotional way and depicting wounds and blades cutting people burning etcetc) way battles were fought gave it a lead above shows that cut corners when it comes to fighting or inflicting wounds. This gave a great boost story and animation wise, since we tends to fill in spots with hype and emotion so much you won’t even recognise the almost still frame fighting it sometimes had.

Now they gone and cut that off, so what’s left is a great story, with fewer emotions and less balls. That’s just not right when you watched a show who gave everything before and then just shits on the viewer due to network and animation studio changes. I mean what do you expect that happened ? you gave people a nice new car and then you just went on and took all the cool features off it had in the first place... by saying oh you want the whole thing? just wait a few decades when we finally decide to release a Blu-ray.. that’s just a dumb decision.
Oct 17, 2019 5:50 AM

Dec 2015
Lmao anime only people honestly have no clue. As a manga reader it’s disappointing to see such a great and popular series receive poor treatment from an anime studio that’s why most people are mad. A rushed 3rd season was uncalled for especially when it’s literally at its most important part. This is a shounen series... most of which aren’t watched because of their plot but because of their fight scenes so why would u want to settle for average animation? This entire 3rd season will be comprised of non stop brutal fighting having censored blood in a series that’s actually graphic in the manga truly takes away from the seriousness of its source material. Hopefully it’ll be fixed in the blu-ray tho.
Oct 17, 2019 6:52 AM

Mar 2016
The plot for this series has been in the dumpster with very few actual good moments since the end of season 1. I think blaming the Studio is an understatement - the series itself is just overwhelmingly uninspired and drull.
Having it look like garbage as it dies doesn't help
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 17, 2019 6:58 AM

Mar 2017
The characters and plot are mediocre though... It doesn't even have anything to fall back on like Golden Kamuy had. It had production flaws, but at least it had good writing/characters with an okay production.
Oct 17, 2019 9:34 AM
Jul 2016
Kirito_online said:
todd2580 said:

lmao studio change isn't the problem it's the Schedule dude Wit Studio work on hard schedule but that's due to having great animators while J.C.Staff's staff on OPM S2 you can say it wasn't the main one it's the secondary ones (range from good to normal animators) since the studio's top animators were busy with other stuff already and also the director of S2 was busy with an OVA before it but DEEN is outsourcing NoT S3 fully for one reason they're fully booked with other stuff from the beginning of the year and they're a studio which rely on outsourcing which can be good and bad (if the animators weren't given enough time) Marvy Jack is a small studio and outscoring studios while are not bad but if they were having only normal animators with limited time the result won't be good unless they have some few good animators..
I get what you're saying, but why does a Studio take on a Great Show with Massive Fanbase and a Hit Selling Manga just to screw it with their 'can't be helped' incompetence to Bring the Same Great Animation the previous Seasons Had to this One; do they seek hate and less stales piled up by the loss of interest in the Show all at once?

Factors and circumstances i can say.
Oct 17, 2019 9:35 AM
Jul 2016
Brandon2149 said:
The characters and plot are mediocre though... It doesn't even have anything to fall back on like Golden Kamuy had. It had production flaws, but at least it had good writing/characters with an okay production.

the CGi bear wasn't bad but it was just so realistic...
Oct 18, 2019 7:41 AM

Apr 2017
todd2580 said:
Kirito_online said:
I get what you're saying, but why does a Studio take on a Great Show with Massive Fanbase and a Hit Selling Manga just to screw it with their 'can't be helped' incompetence to Bring the Same Great Animation the previous Seasons Had to this One; do they seek hate and less stales piled up by the loss of interest in the Show all at once?

I can say for sure that production committee should be fully aware of what a Studio can do with their project, and given how Studio Deen performed they were not up to the task I can say that.
Oct 18, 2019 9:49 AM

Oct 2018
seven deadly sins is an amazing show but they kind of ruined it with the animation and slow pace. I hope it will get better.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Oct 18, 2019 10:43 AM
Jul 2016
Kirito_online said:
todd2580 said:

I can say for sure that production committee should be fully aware of what a Studio can do with their project, and given how Studio Deen performed they were not up to the task I can say that.

well...yeah DEEN is having that show too this season

and it's Outburst Dreamer Boys which it's the in-house anime for them this season

and also the reboot of classic light novel adaptation Sorcerous Stabber Orphen with Pro I.G director which got delayed to Winter 2020

the committee wanted it in less than a year and DEEN was overbooked in advance and they aren't a big studio in size even if they're old so yeah they're outsourcing it fully to Marvy Jack and managing the production process and that’s why this season looks like a pretty face without much animation sequences but at least the art style is good in times but in other times it's derpy lol
todd2580Oct 18, 2019 10:50 AM
Oct 20, 2019 5:12 AM
Apr 2016
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Welcome to 2019. The year where the only thing that matters is animation. Screw characters and plot . If a mediocre show has good animation it will be talked about to no end while if a very good show with good character and plot has decent but jot amazing animation it will be cinsidered garbage
The abimation is actually pretty good . The fight scenes are as good as always the only thing some idiots can think about is white blood which is not even an issue and i don't see why people got mad over it.

You are wrong and you should repent on that notion. If you were there for the other season, the previous one, you would have seen how much effort was put both into animation and opening. This time around no effort. You are talking about community when you are not a part of, nor you understand what the community is.
Zaikko said:
Finally someone actually is not brain dead in the anime community. Like I'm grateful for just having another season unlike some anime producers who just have 12 episodes and decide to "fuck you read the manga". I mean yeah sure white blood kinda wierd but doesnt really matter to me.

This is where lies the difference between us and you. We would rather wait longer for a quality series, one which will go down in history, rather than have just something to consume and pretend it was worthwhile. The general outlook.
Daniel_NaumovOct 20, 2019 5:22 AM
Re:formed
Oct 20, 2019 7:07 AM

May 2016
The year where the only thing that matters is animation. Screw characters and plot . Demon Slayer is one example.

2019 is the worst year of anime.
Oct 20, 2019 7:18 AM
Apr 2016
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
The year where the only thing that matters is animation. Screw characters and plot . Demon Slayer is one example.

I hate Kimetsu no Yaiba as every other developed, educated viewer, but there is a major problem with the animation in this series. Or rather, lack of it. Forget the quality, they are re-using frames and moves. So far. This is simply insulting to the quality and diligence of people who made the first and second season of Nantasu no Taizai.
Re:formed
Oct 20, 2019 10:23 PM

Apr 2017
AlphaOmegaKnight said:

Of course animation matters, because it's ANIME rating for a reason and It has been for long time. Remember umineko? The plot and characters are really good, too bad the anime did injustice. Same thing with white album. Let's not forget people rated tales of zestria quite good because ufotable created it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2019 8:53 AM
Dec 2016
LalA_12 said:
AlphaOmegaKnight said:

Of course animation matters, because it's ANIME rating for a reason and It has been for long time. Remember umineko? The plot and characters are really good, too bad the anime did injustice. Same thing with white album. Let's not forget people rated tales of zestria quite good because ufotable created it.

exactly this. some ppl bashing KnY and white-knighting NNT because they think animation is unrelated for ANIME, smh
Oct 21, 2019 9:27 AM
Apr 2015
LEsson : Find the reason u watch the anime, make sure it's not becoz the score this site showing to us.
Oct 21, 2019 9:47 AM

Jun 2016
-Aincrad- said:
Here we go again, KnY is mentioned even here,like how mediocre and generic and etc it is

You really hate that anime, don't you?

Ahh man I noticed you on KnY forums before and you've been annoyed about people like this so I'm just going to pass something from one KnY fan to another.
Leave these people to their hating man. If they want to hate then let them hate. I do not think being talking to them is going to change the way they think and may even get them to be even bigger haters.
I think the hate is stupid too unless they hate KnY because they do not like the anime out of taste but if they're so hellbent on their hating then no amount of rational reasoning is going to get through to them.
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 21, 2019 9:48 AM

Oct 2013
One Punch Man Season 2 all over again. Studio and animation changes and everyone throws a tantrum because it's not exactly the same as before. Just be glad it got another season, I know I am.

I saw something similar with season 2 of Fairy Tail as well. That one I actually agree with, but more because I wasn't really into some of the filler or even some of the main arcs.
Oct 21, 2019 10:30 AM

Jun 2017
Aaaaah, my favorite show has a bad score, this is unfair.

Piromysl said:
Laughs in Kemurimusa
Kemono Friends is a better one dude. But you know in the west they never get popular
Oct 22, 2019 10:33 AM

Oct 2019
Zaikko said:
Finally someone actually is not brain dead in the anime community. Like I'm grateful for just having another season unlike some anime producers who just have 12 episodes and decide to "fuck you read the manga". I mean yeah sure white blood kinda wierd but doesnt really matter to me.
well actually you are right.

Feb 22, 2020 3:14 AM

May 2013
Why do people talk like animations doesn't matter much to make a good anime. Anime = animation lol, it matters more if the anime is an action one. If you do not need a good animation, you should just read the manga. I don't watch anime as often as I used to anymore and I don't really care about which studio is doing which anime. But this anime, I was able to notice the horrible animations just from watching the first few minutes of Episode 1 which had me look at MAL to realize that the studio had changed.
Feb 22, 2020 3:16 AM

Sep 2019
Ukim said:
Why do people talk like animations doesn't matter much to make a good anime. Anime = animation lol, it matters more if the anime is an action one. If you do not need a good animation, you should just read the manga. I don't watch anime as often as I used to anymore and I don't really care about which studio is doing which anime. But this anime, I was able to notice the horrible animations just from watching the first few minutes of Episode 1 which had me look at MAL to realize that the studio had changed.

The thing is, the manga ain't any better.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 22, 2020 3:53 AM

May 2019
Ha, get a load of this guy, he thinks that Nanatsu no Taizai is a "very good show with good character and plot". Almost all acclaimed Madhouse adaptations have mediocre animation so you're wrong.
Feb 22, 2020 5:30 AM
Jul 2016
Ukim said:

Ah yes that's why the original Berserk anime adaptation is so liked... oh wait
Feb 22, 2020 11:23 AM
Oct 2012
What I don't understand is how garbage like Dragon Ball Super not once dropped below 7 in its entire run.
Feb 27, 2020 12:38 PM

Aug 2015
So people are considered idiots for having eyes now.

Garbage animation and art for an action anime does equal shit anime.

If you only care about the story and you dont mind very ugly art and still shots why do you even bother watching the anime, just read the manga
Feb 27, 2020 9:23 PM

Feb 2018
Animation matters. End of story.
Mar 15, 2020 4:04 AM

Jul 2015
Score is now below 6, boys!

Mar 15, 2020 9:09 AM
Apr 2015
NameLessMofo said:
So people are considered idiots for having eyes now.

Garbage animation and art for an action anime does equal shit anime.

If you only care about the story and you dont mind very ugly art and still shots why do you even bother watching the anime, just read the manga

False , who told you that ??
Mar 15, 2020 9:12 AM
Apr 2015
Piromysl said:
Score is now below 6, boys!

yeah because MAL is such a credible source
Mar 15, 2020 10:46 AM

Aug 2015
@DragonIncursio
pardon me, but I didn't understand the question
Mar 15, 2020 11:51 AM
Apr 2015
NameLessMofo said:
@DragonIncursio

That as you say "bad" animation and art equals a shit anime .
Mar 15, 2020 12:06 PM

Aug 2015
DragonIncursio said:
NameLessMofo said:
@DragonIncursio

So you think the art&animation is good?

Is that what you sayin
Mar 15, 2020 12:14 PM
Apr 2015
NameLessMofo said:
DragonIncursio said:

Is that what you sayin

Im just asking do you think good or bad animation determines whether an anime is good or not
Mar 15, 2020 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
If I created a thread each time MAL’s community shits on my favorite anime/manga, I would have had 1000+ forum posts.

Read the manga and watch the new season, bad animation is not the only reason it is hated so much. I, myself, really liked the chapters that covered ‘Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin’ in the manga, however, I just cannot enjoy the TV series.
Mar 15, 2020 2:07 PM

Aug 2015
DragonIncursio said:
NameLessMofo said:

Is that what you sayin

Im just asking do you think good or bad animation determines whether an anime is good or not

It's definitely a huge factor some people won't watch some of the best shows just because they don't like the art.

And it depends on the anime for example action shonen should have decent to really good art and animation at least for important/hyped fights, in one piece there are lots of bad animation, still shots, etc. but when it comes to important moments/fights they deliver which is not the case in this anime.

Aside from the animation, the pacing is really weird, the sound is meh, everything is just horrible, the op is probably just a blind fanboy and expects everyone to be like him.

The score is well deserved.
Mar 16, 2020 1:22 AM

Nov 2019
Haha love the KnY diss but NnT isn't a good example, NnT has been average since it's first season with all the stupid broken strengths and power levels

Both are just average shounen, wait till KnY has a season 3 that has a trash animation

It's both average shounens, stop the comparison, HxH the GOAT btw
Mar 17, 2020 6:23 AM

Jun 2012
It's called anime, animation is a factor... if it wasn't, you would be reading the manga. This complains tend to happen when they deliver a sequel worst than the prequel.
And it should be this way, might teach a lesson to whoever had the "bright" idea to change Nanatsu airing night time slot to the kids time slot... hope he gets fired. Oh and Deen is to blame too, they chose to take this project.
Mar 17, 2020 7:20 AM

Nov 2013
"why people no like bad anime I like, community bad reee"

Animation is pretty big part of anime, yes.
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 18, 2020 4:40 AM

Jul 2012
"Noooooo i like this anime so its very good how dare you call it's flaws! Those flaws don't even matter!!!"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2020 8:24 AM

Oct 2015
White blood? Thats not even the biggest problem, mate the animation is horrible i have seen fanimations superior to this shit the sound, pacing, just put an episode of Season 1/2 in one screen and Season 3 on other and you will see why people hating, i have seen better animation in animes made in the 90s, it amazes me some people say they dont see any diference btw s1,2 and 3 you guys must be casuals or blind, better read the manga, they did this season dirty and Im afraid 4th season will be worst, why didnt they simply delay it for 1y, but nah "we gotta milk the fanboys".
I had to wait for this shit to finish to marathon it, and dear god so many times i wanted just to punch my TV and drop this shit, but Escanor saved this shitshow and since im a huge NNT fan i finished this horrible season, just for Escanor ill give this shitshow a 7/10 if it wasnt for him i wouldnt even give a fuck.
iTzKenzoJul 10, 2020 11:52 AM
Apr 29, 2020 10:54 AM

Dec 2015
Animation matters and it matters more if it's an action/battle shonen no matter how good the plot is (which is not in nnt 3) the fights need good animation an anime with low budget animation can be good if it's not centered around fast paced action/fight ect....
Aug 7, 2020 1:04 PM

Sep 2008
GilgaGOAT said:
Welcome to 2019. The year where the only thing that matters is animation. Screw characters and plot . If a mediocre show has good animation it will be talked about to no end while if a very good show with good character and plot has decent but jot amazing animation it will be cinsidered garbage
The abimation is actually pretty good . The fight scenes are as good as always the only thing some idiots can think about is white blood which is not even an issue and i don't see why people got mad over it.

The anime community leaves me baffled yet again. I have had so many issues with the animedon for so long, especially on MAL, and yet, they continue to surprise and baffle me. The list of anime this sorry community has laid undeserved praise on and the list of anime that deserved much better treatment from the community continues to increase every year.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 22, 2020 3:52 PM

Jun 2017
People in the anime community really care too much about what others think, love what you love, hate what you hate. When did this community become a pissing contest between who's taste in Japanese cartoons is superior?
Aug 23, 2020 5:55 PM

Jul 2008
HeroGema said:
People in the anime community really care too much about what others think, love what you love, hate what you hate. When did this community become a pissing contest between who's taste in Japanese cartoons is superior?

This. Animation mattering or not is completely subjective. What a ridiculous argument
Aug 23, 2020 6:07 PM

Jun 2015
lol this is funny
Yeah, let's support subpar products and shitty management because only the plot matters, guys!
The state of the anime industry is a sad one... because people these days will eat anything up, regardless of quality. This is why studios like J.C. Staff are still thriving lmao
Aug 23, 2020 6:18 PM

Nov 2013
Jirokissaw said:
Animation matters and it matters more if it's an action/battle shonen no matter how good the plot is (which is not in nnt 3) the fights need good animation an anime with low budget animation can be good if it's not centered around fast paced action/fight ect....

Gonna hard agree with this. While an interesting narrative and characters are good enough to make a show enjoyable, if its an action show it really needs some level of competence in the animation.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.