Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 13, 2019 8:08 AM
Nov 2015
LeloTheUnamused said:
ssjokg said:
So according to people here, SteinsGate is isekai.

*Laughts in Uruk*

^ This.

This right here, so so much.

Yeah do we need to remind them fate series is about historical characters and this all about back to historical time from the past then fix the time line.

All this people who said isekai thing very retarded ever.
redcobraOct 13, 2019 8:12 AM
Oct 13, 2019 8:35 AM

Aug 2009
-Stray said:
How the fuck does me saying Anna is a loli version of Rider in F/SN a damn spoiler when she LITERALLY looks like her?
I haven't even played this game lol.

No she doesnt.She has same hair color.That is all.

This show even suffers from the sameface syndrome.So saying that she looks like anyone from another series IS a spoiler.

But tbh I am more annoyed at people that spoil NotRin's true name.
Oct 13, 2019 8:36 AM

Aug 2009
ImbalancedEmblem said:
ssjokg said:
So according to people here, SteinsGate is isekai.

*Laughts in Uruk*

How could you destroy these retards arguments with a single sentence? I'm gonna quote this everytime someone brings this nonsense up...

Wait I have a better one.

Madoka is isekai.

Oct 13, 2019 9:32 AM

Aug 2009
Shayon said:
ssjokg said:

the game itself spoils them anyway, NotRin's true name was revealed from the start in the gacha, and

That was before DW's geniuses decided found out a way to keep that shit a secret.
Oct 13, 2019 10:14 AM

Dec 2018
Alright episode, better than the first. I'm surprised there weren't any ass shots.

Also, hoes mad at USG, best opening song of the season IMO.
Oct 13, 2019 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
Map of events (so far) for FGO fans and those who are curious.
JaveraOct 13, 2019 10:37 AM
Oct 13, 2019 10:48 AM

Apr 2016
Javera said:
Map of events (so far) for FGO fans and those who are curious.

I was waiting for something like this. Nice work whoever who did that.
Oct 13, 2019 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
-Stray said:
How the fuck does me saying Anna is a loli version of Rider in F/SN a damn spoiler when she LITERALLY looks like her?
I haven't even played this game lol.

No she doesnt.She has same hair color.That is all.

This show even suffers from the sameface syndrome.So saying that she looks like anyone from another series IS a spoiler.

Same voice, same hair style and eye color too, while they do have similar faces there are definitive traits that can make you see them as looking similar to that character, I actually just called her a mini loli Rider because she just looked like her, I didn't know it was actually her until someone decided to put what I said in a spoiler thus spoiling me. This is the problem in this place, because some people here knows what happens they end up thinking anyone that is slightly right who was just putting their 2 cents in as putting a spoiler and ends up spoiling that person. Well its not really a big spoiler so I don't mind getting spoiled but still...
Oct 13, 2019 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
@-Stray

>Same voice, same hair style

No, definitely not.
Even with the hair only the color is the same.

>and eye color too

Considering that we only see her eyes for a few seconds in HF2, it doesnt matter.

And since that there are 3 different characters(with one having 3 different versions(4 if we count he Lancer version in First Order) with same hair color, eyes and voice actor, even if you were right about voice and hair, it still could be any of those 3.

I dont know how you guessed right...

Oct 13, 2019 11:56 AM
Aug 2018
Nobody hyped when they saw Ereshkigal in the OP.

Disappointing.
Oct 13, 2019 12:07 PM

Jan 2011
Seeing the other side of Gilgamesh in animation makes watching this anime worth it if nothing else.
Oct 13, 2019 12:47 PM
Aug 2018
Anybody think 'Resolution' from Haruka Tomatsu for SAO's OP is actually more fitting for this show than it is for SAO??
Oct 13, 2019 12:52 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:

I don't think it was a guess.

It's like thinking Amber from DTB looks like CC from Code Geass.
Except this time both characters are from the same franchise so it looks like a guess.
Oct 13, 2019 1:21 PM

Sep 2010
FaffywaffleJLA said:
Nobody hyped when they saw Ereshkigal in the OP.

Disappointing.

I prefer her sister.
Oct 13, 2019 3:58 PM

Mar 2014
I don´t usually care for mascot characters, but I adore Cath Palug.

It´s great seeing him kick Dick Wizard, such a nice beast.

Thess said:

I prefer her sister.

BloodriverOct 13, 2019 4:01 PM
Oct 13, 2019 4:30 PM
May 2015
That was okay.

I was just waiting to see Gilgamesh and got that near the end. He's a really different character from his condescending Archer role.

Looking forward to seeing Ereshkigal and Tiamat in the show, now that the OP has confirmed their appearance.
Oct 13, 2019 5:36 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad but not as good as the first episode (the animation is still overblown though). Kinda not buying that explanation of Merlin appearance, that's just retcon, nothing else.

Also, Anna has the same seiyuu as Medusa - coincidence? I don't think so. I only wonder how it was possible to summon her child version. Or not... I guess anything is possible in FGO for sake of fanservice.

So far the anime is good but it suffers by protagonist syndrome - Fujimaru is hardly developed as a character, he's more of a spectator and so far the Mashu feels the same - they just meet whoever is needed for the plot (*insert infodump*) but hardly shifting the story by their own. Also, in some battles it's obvious they were meant for the game (like before with those beast and now with Gilgamesh). Was the adaptation not so scripted, it would be a lot better.

I still like what I see I guess, definitelly better Fate anime that most of the other spinoffs. Had to lower my expectations a bit though.

One sidenote: the subs are really bad and I noticed they completely changed the meaning of some sentences more than twice. If you thought some dialogues were a little weird, it's not the flaw of the anime.
Oct 13, 2019 6:50 PM

Sep 2010
Mich666 said:
Not bad but not as good as the first episode (the animation is still overblown though). Kinda not buying that explanation of Merlin appearance, that's just retcon, nothing else

Well, in case of Merlin, it's more complicated than that.
ThessOct 13, 2019 6:55 PM
Oct 13, 2019 7:20 PM

Feb 2018
Definitely a fan of the op and ed, also that episode was a lot better than the first in terms of pacing, story, characters and overall writing it was just better. I liked the plot twist in the middle and the fight was nice to see; still a little confused on the world itself (like what it is exactly or why the main characters have run into 3 major characters by chance, which I'm sure have explanations I just haven't understood or something) but it's cool how it's incorporating historical locations and cultures. I do wonder how Gilgamesh knew where they were from though, and why he wants to fight. Also, cute scenes were cute (even tho I'm not sure who Ana is, or how the puppy rabbit thing knows Merlin).
Oct 13, 2019 7:48 PM
Jan 2015
TheFlyingOrange said:
I do wonder how Gilgamesh knew where they were from though.

EX Ranked Clairvoyance is a really broken skill. Its mentioned in the episode, that Gilgamesh can see all of the future when Romani was talking about Merlin and his clairvoyance. So Gil most certainly knows about Chaldea.
My Queens

Oct 13, 2019 7:53 PM
Nov 2010
Besides The Art & Music & Fighting , I liked How The Staff Put Many Things About Mesopotamia (Specially I'm From Iraq ^^) ,
Like Put The Name of The Other Great City of Ur & The Less Known City - States of Girsu
The Walls of Uruk Just How They Were Described in The Epic of Gilgamesh
But Two Things Wasn't Right , First The Usage of Egyptian Drawings While The Event Takes Place in Mesopotamia , And The Second is Adding Ishtar Gate to Uruk While It's Located in Babylon
But in General , I Thanks The Staff For All Their Efforts
:)
Oct 13, 2019 7:57 PM

Feb 2018
-Mahesvara said:
TheFlyingOrange said:
I do wonder how Gilgamesh knew where they were from though.

EX Ranked Clairvoyance is a really broken skill. Its mentioned in the episode, that Gilgamesh can see all of the future when Romani was talking about Merlin and his clairvoyance. So Gil most certainly knows about Chaldea.

Oh ok I did not put two and two together lol, thx! Makes sense tho
Oct 13, 2019 8:01 PM

Sep 2010
TheFlyingOrange said:
still a little confused on the world itself (like what it is exactly or why the main characters have run into 3 major characters by chance, which I'm sure have explanations I just haven't understood or something)

Going to use spoilers just in case:

Oct 13, 2019 8:03 PM

Feb 2018
Thess said:
TheFlyingOrange said:
still a little confused on the world itself (like what it is exactly or why the main characters have run into 3 major characters by chance, which I'm sure have explanations I just haven't understood or something)

Going to use spoilers just in case:

Gotcha, that makes more sense, thanks!
Oct 13, 2019 10:12 PM

Dec 2014
there's something about the SFX in the Fate series that I love so much
Oct 14, 2019 12:26 AM

Mar 2008
ssjokg said:
Shayon said:

the game itself spoils them anyway, NotRin's true name was revealed from the start in the gacha, and

That was before DW's geniuses decided found out a way to keep that shit a secret.

K but let's be honest - who would use a story supp that isn't forced on you when there's bonding to be done, amirite
Oct 14, 2019 12:30 AM

Aug 2009
Ckan said:
ssjokg said:

K but let's be honest - who would use a story supp that isn't forced on you when there's bonding to be done, amirite
:tamasmart: yeah i know
Oct 14, 2019 1:11 AM

Mar 2016
This was potential trash and then WOOOOOOOSH Holy fucking shit.
Undroppable at this point, I love this time period. Fight scene was a hundred times better than episode 1!
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 14, 2019 2:34 AM
Jan 2016
its getting better than 1st episode thoo. I thought it will be lack of ost since the 1st eps barely had it other than the game ost and lot of silence moment, but NOT ANYMORE. Eps 2 definitely better than 1st one. The score went down probably bcuz everyone including the one that didnt play the game had given their score. Well...usually the initial rating was high due to the hype tho, but I believe the score will gradually rise if they keep it up like this.
Oct 14, 2019 2:34 AM

Jul 2016
Meew2 said:
This was potential trash and then WOOOOOOOSH Holy fucking shit.
Undroppable at this point, I love this time period. Fight scene was a hundred times better than episode 1!

anybody who dropped it after the first episode is sorely missing out.
i know number of ppl have not played the game, but probably every player who's played FGO knows how good of a story Babylonia is and it was literally made into an anime cuz it's basically the favorite of majority of players alongside Camelot which'll get its movie.

and the reason why the fight scenes in the first ep were lacking (i thought they were great tho) in comparison is because it was servant versus random enemies. if you're facing lackeys, of course it's not gonna be as interesting as if you were facing a REAL enemy. servant versus servant fights are basically the highlights in fate in general and we finally got that here and we'll only have more of those and other crazy epic battles to come lol

like the animation and story alone is already amazing and it'll just only get better :]
Oct 14, 2019 3:14 AM

Dec 2014
You're all retarded, why does it matter if it's Isekai or not.

Judge a show by how it is, not by what it is, retards.
Oct 14, 2019 3:16 AM

Sep 2010
Huh? How is "Not Rin's name" be a "spoiler" when is on the ending credits and like the promo material of the show? It's never treated as a spoiler by the show or the game, you're supposed to know it beforehand.

The real name spoiler is
Oct 14, 2019 3:38 AM

Nov 2013
Ckan said:
ssjokg said:

*slowly raises hand*

Unless the battle seems difficult and I need something that isn't a waste of a slot, I pick the npc.
Oct 14, 2019 6:57 AM

May 2015
eyyy golden boy is back.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 14, 2019 9:59 AM
Jul 2017
i don't know what people are saying, but for me being an anime only this gets a 10/10.
i love the animation, i love the characters so far, i love the fights scenes.
for mr this one is anime of the season so far, i mean this season has not that much of great anime.
Oct 14, 2019 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
@-Stray

>Same voice, same hair style

No, definitely not.
Even with the hair only the color is the same.

>and eye color too

Considering that we only see her eyes for a few seconds in HF2, it doesnt matter.

And since that there are 3 different characters(with one having 3 different versions(4 if we count he Lancer version in First Order) with same hair color, eyes and voice actor, even if you were right about voice and hair, it still could be any of those 3.

Forgot to mention that the collar on her stuck out as well. Anyways because I know her best as Rider, Like I said Im not well-versed in this series, I dont even play the games, just watching the anime, and since I started with Deen's Fate Stay Night I tend to call any as you say (versions) of her as Rider.
Now Im kinda bummed out about all this. Maybe I should skip the ep discussions of this series.
Oct 14, 2019 8:18 PM

Mar 2008
-Stray said:

Now Im kinda bummed out about all this. Maybe I should skip the ep discussions of this series.

Character identities and plot points seem to be flying around like fireworks on New Years anyway, Stray, so it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea if you care about spoilers.
Oct 14, 2019 8:45 PM

Feb 2019
208 5 out of 5s and only 1 3 out of 5, this series is gonna be amazing.
Oct 14, 2019 9:00 PM

Feb 2014
Ah... everytime I see the servants being introduced, I can see their fate at the end. Really saddens the heart.

GoodKid15 said:
Besides The Art & Music & Fighting , I liked How The Staff Put Many Things About Mesopotamia (Specially I'm From Iraq ^^) ,
Like Put The Name of The Other Great City of Ur & The Less Known City - States of Girsu
The Walls of Uruk Just How They Were Described in The Epic of Gilgamesh
But Two Things Wasn't Right , First The Usage of Egyptian Drawings While The Event Takes Place in Mesopotamia , And The Second is Adding Ishtar Gate to Uruk While It's Located in Babylon
But in General , I Thanks The Staff For All Their Efforts
:)

It really is admirable how much effort the staff put into the history. And it does feel honored that something of which you are a part of now is being shown right?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 14, 2019 11:39 PM

Dec 2009
Don't like the OP or ED at all. Neither have any impact or memorability.

Still annoyed by all the skipped story...

Sound design and visuals still great. Seems alight still.
GenesisAriaOct 14, 2019 11:48 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 15, 2019 6:42 AM

Oct 2017
Just mind blowing, loving this adaptation. The op and ed was great. The animation was amazing yet again and the fight scenes were well done. Mash just looks sooo cute.
Oct 15, 2019 7:37 AM
Jul 2007
GenesisAria said:

I was debating if I should complete the babylonia chapter before watching this. I already only played it up to where ep 2 started and I know they skipped a lot of stuff intentionally.
Oct 15, 2019 1:30 PM

Dec 2009
superzombie23 said:
GenesisAria said:

I was debating if I should complete the babylonia chapter before watching this. I already only played it up to where ep 2 started and I know they skipped a lot of stuff intentionally.

I don't play the game, so the anime skipping story means i miss out and don't get to know what happens.

One of the only things i've been waiting for in Fate (i'm not that much of a fate fan honestly) is for it to get back to it's roots, that is being a series about fanfiction style historical/mythological people, being awesome and memorable... and just duking it out. I've been anticipating F/GO because i wanna see all that mind-blowing X char vs Y char... Like in trailers seeing Shiki run down Artoria, that would be bonkers to see in anime. There's so many "what if this hero went against that hero, what would happen?" stuff... which is sorta what the game is about, but i wanna see it animated! Gimme some ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny XD
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 15, 2019 7:23 PM
Nov 2010
dasprn said:
Ah... everytime I see the servants being introduced, I can see their fate at the end. Really saddens the heart.

It really is admirable how much effort the staff put into the history. And it does feel honored that something of which you are a part of now is being shown right?

That's For Sure ...
^^
Oct 16, 2019 1:15 AM

Aug 2014
superzombie23 said:
GenesisAria said:

For what I can remember, they didn't skip much actually.
Only one major thing at the beginning was skipped, but that can either be added in the few next episodes or indirectly shown/told in other ways.

Anyway, I'd suggest to complete the chapter in the game after watching the anime, if you can wait that much. Especially considering how the story is going to end and the fact we still need to see what they will do in the second half.
You can catch up with the game after the anime, and compare the two. Going side-by-side may put you in a bad mood for the anime, fixiated into a "this must be a 1:1 adaptation of what I just read otherwise is bad" mindset, and this amazing production don't deserve to be watched like that imho.

It's your choice obviously, but if you've got here, you could wait a bit more to play che chapter in the game.
Or you could just wait until a big cliffhanger in the anime and then jump in, like you would do with a manga adaptation.

Again, your choice. These were just my suggestions.
Oct 16, 2019 5:29 AM
Jul 2007
LeloTheUnamused said:
superzombie23 said:

Only one major thing at the beginning was skipped, but that can either be added in the few next episodes or indirectly shown/told in other ways.

Anyway, I'd suggest to complete the chapter in the game after watching the anime, if you can wait that much. Especially considering how the story is going to end and the fact we still need to see what they will do in the second half.
You can catch up with the game after the anime, and compare the two. Going side-by-side may put you in a bad mood for the anime, fixiated into a "this must be a 1:1 adaptation of what I just read otherwise is bad" mindset, and this amazing production don't deserve to be watched like that imho.

It's your choice obviously, but if you've got here, you could wait a bit more to play che chapter in the game.
Or you could just wait until a big cliffhanger in the anime and then jump in, like you would do with a manga adaptation.

Yeah, I was referring to the beginning with the creepy dream scene. They cut it out intentionally. Most likely will hold off from playing the game so I don't nitpick everything.
eraltergOct 16, 2019 6:23 AM
Oct 16, 2019 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
superzombie23 said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

Yeah, I was referring to the beginning with the creepy dream scene. They cut it out intentionally. Most likely will hold off from playing the game so I don't nitpick everything.

Yeah, that came to mind when I was thinking about skipped parts, but there are a couple of scenes that imply that dream still happened and may be touched upon later on.
Anyway yeah, holding off the chapter ingame could be the right idea for now.
Oct 16, 2019 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
omg Ana is adorable,

also, are there any prequels to this besides that episode 0? they've saved 6 worlds and are on their 7th but dont show any of it, im slightly lost or is that normal?
Oct 16, 2019 12:18 PM

Aug 2010
KuroNavi said:
omg Ana is adorable,

also, are there any prequels to this besides that episode 0? they've saved 6 worlds and are on their 7th but don't show any of it, I'm slightly lost or is that normal?

Check out "Fate/Grand Order: First Order". It's the prologue of the entire story adapted into a one-hour movie.

Each world/singularity they saved has a standalone conflict and storyline. The exception to this is:
1. One scene at the end of Chapter 4 (set in 19th century London).
2. Most of Chapter 6 (set in Camelot).

Chapter 6 will be adapted into 2 movies, with the first releasing in Spring 2020.
The one scene in London can be summarized in 1 paragraph:

Hope this helps.
Oct 16, 2019 1:36 PM

Sep 2010
superzombie23 said:

Because they brought up Mashu's question to Roman before cutting it off, it makes me wonder if it won't play as a flashback later, the dream and Roman's answer. Maybe when the plot takes a darker turn? It'll be odd to leave the part Mashu is asking a question only to never bring it back again. It's just a little unfitting in the first episode of the show they want to quickly head to Babylonia.
ThessOct 16, 2019 1:41 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.