Forum Settings
Forums

What are some anime with fantastic productions like One Punch Man?

New
Aug 20, 2019 6:44 AM

Aug 2014
What anime have had fantastic production circumstances like for example, One Punch Man (2015)? Shingo Natsume and his contacts did wonders for the quality of it.

Of course, I'm not counting anime that had staff with a good track record, but where the project turned out not being particularly good in the end, no.
Aug 20, 2019 6:47 AM

Oct 2017
[EDIT: I assumed OP was just talking about animation quality, but looking at the post again, maybe he meant more general high production values? Either way, my list is focused on animation quality.]

ufotable's Fate adaptations (Fate/Zero, Unlimited Blade Works, Heavens Feel), also their work on the recent Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer).

Mob Psycho 100, both seasons.

Redline. Movie. God-tier animation. Seriously, if you like good animation, check out Redline. You won't be sorry.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Aug 20, 2019 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
Cowboy Bebop. Watanabe, future Bones people and Yoko Kanno.
Aug 20, 2019 6:59 AM
Sep 2018
A recent anime, currently at 20th episode, Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Aug 20, 2019 7:00 AM

Jul 2019
Violet evergarden and Mob Psycho 100.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 20, 2019 7:04 AM

May 2018
It's not even that fantastic - it has really cools scenes and this is it.

More like recently most of the anime looks halfbaked thus OPM s1 and MP 100 s1-s2 stand out.
alshuAug 20, 2019 7:35 AM
Aug 20, 2019 7:11 AM

Jul 2019
alshu said:

More like recently most of the anime looks halfbaked this OPM s1 and MP 100 s1-s2 stand out.
It's fantastic in my opinion. Hehe.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 20, 2019 7:39 AM

May 2018
puneetsingh said:

OPM or VE?

Because I was talking about OPM s1.

And yeah VE is not that fantastic either because it looks good but in it's core is a standard tearjerker.
Aug 20, 2019 7:44 AM

Aug 2018
Mob psycho 100 (the artstyle is a bit unique but amazing nontheless)
Violet evergarden (i would agrue it has better production)
Houseki no kuni (best cgi ever)
Hinamatsuri (a great comedy from last year that looks better than it has any right to be)
Fate zero (and at this point anything else by ufotable)
Most recent works from kyoani and trigger from nichijou to k on to little witch academia (even tho they differ in quality they are all high up there)

also some movies such as your name and a silent voice
yotiAug 25, 2019 5:09 AM
Aug 20, 2019 7:46 AM

Jun 2017
KyoAni Stuff, Shaft stuff and this guy's stuff
Aug 20, 2019 8:19 AM

Jul 2019
alshu said:
puneetsingh said:

OPM or VE?

Because I was talking about OPM s1.

And yeah VE is not that fantastic either because it looks good but in it's core is a standard tearjerker.
I haven't watched VE completely(only 3 episodes) and I was talking about one punch man which you were talking about. It's fantastic but you like different things mostly than the majority I guess. So, tell about your favorite anime which you think has a great production(by the way the thread is not about story etc. but if you wanna include that other stuff then it's ok.) I think talking about your favorite will be better than arguing something that only start a debate due to personal disliking purposes or something which is not even asked in this thread.
puneetsinghAug 20, 2019 8:32 AM
Aug 20, 2019 8:22 AM

Sep 2018
Both seasons of Mob Psycho 100 are brilliant; Demon Slayer; the Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero (ufotable is the bomb) and the "Kizumonogatari" Movies
Blanks.
Aug 20, 2019 8:28 AM

Jan 2009
the director of Cowboy Bebop also made Terror in Resonance and Space Dandy and now Carole & Tuesday

also Mob Psycho anime, and most ufotable works and Kyoto Animation works

Aug 20, 2019 8:28 AM
May 2016
YossaRedMage said:
[EDIT: I assumed OP was just talking about animation quality, but looking at the post again, maybe he meant more general high production values? Either way, my list is focused on animation

I think he is if so no game no life had amazing animation
Aug 20, 2019 8:56 AM
Jul 2016
alshu said:

More like recently most of the anime looks halfbaked thus OPM s1 and MP 100 s1-s2 stand out.

OPM S1 is like MHA S1 and Mob S1 it's the first season which don't offer much in terms of story so it won't be that fantastic but they're great starts you can say
Aug 20, 2019 9:07 AM
Jul 2016
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters , 5Ds S1 and S2 , Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL (believe or not it have nice animation even if you like it or not) , Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V S1, Naruto , Classic Hunter X Hunter, Peace Maker Kurogane, Ginga Sengoku Gunyuuden Rai, Index S1, SSSS Gridman
Aug 20, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 2019
I think mob psycho 100....demon slayer.....fate/zero.....fate/stay night UBW
Aug 20, 2019 11:52 AM

May 2018
puneetsingh said:
I haven't watched VE completely(only 3 episodes) and I was talking about one punch man which you were talking about. It's fantastic but you like different things mostly than the majority I guess. So, tell about your favorite anime which you think has a great production(by the way the thread is not about story etc. but if you wanna include that other stuff then it's ok.) I think talking about your favorite will be better than arguing something that only start a debate due to personal disliking purposes or something which is not even asked in this thread.

Yes I can talk about my favourites but I suspect that the OP wants more of the same what is OPM but didn't tell us why he thinks it's fantastic...like there are more expensive looking productions even in 2015 ...thus I can't recommend because I don't know what he actually wants.

Maybe he would like experimental titles like Manie-Manie: Meikyuu Monogatari or Genius Party? Can't tell.
alshuAug 21, 2019 5:32 AM
Aug 20, 2019 11:59 AM

May 2018
todd2580 said:

OPM S1 is like MHA S1

Dropped MHA really fast so I can't talk about it but my impression is that it was pretty standard show...and like OPM s1 wasn't afraid of making some experimental stuff and the plots was fun.

todd2580 said:
Mob S1 it's the first season which don't offer much in terms of story

I liked the story better in s1and if we ignore Reigen and Ecbo who are the real stars here it's another pretty standard battle shounen show.
The strongest points are again the experimental animation and other visual stuff.
Aug 20, 2019 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Nichijou. Yes, it's a school comedy but it's one of the most consistently well-animated TV shows I've seen, Japanese or otherwise.
Aug 20, 2019 4:06 PM

Jan 2009
try some old school anime movies and OVAs too like

Macross Plus
Akira
Spriggan
Giant Robo the Animation: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Aug 20, 2019 4:13 PM

Jul 2017
Nichijou, to me the comedy was shit but the overall production of it was fantastic

Also Ping Pong the Animation
Aug 20, 2019 4:26 PM

Jul 2007
Gurren Lagann
Madoka Magica
Gunbuster and Diebuster
Dragon Ball Super: Broly (movie)
Nanoha movies
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 20, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2018
Cowboy Bebop - Great choreographed fight sequences, and has aged really well too.

The Ufotable Fate series (UBW, Zero, and Heaven's Feel) - One of the best aesthetics that any show has had in the medium.

Parasyte (Also produced by Madhouse)

Hunter x Hunter

Anything by KyoAni
Aug 21, 2019 5:22 AM

Jul 2019
alshu said:
todd2580 said:

OPM S1 is like MHA S1

Dropped MHA really fast so I can't talk about it but my impression is that it was pretty standard show...and like OPM s1 wasn't afraid of making some experimental stuff and the plots was fun.

todd2580 said:

I liked the story better in s1and if we ignore Reigen and Ecbo who are the real stars here it's another pretty standard battle shounen show.
The strongest points are again the experimental animation and other visual stuff.
Who was Ecbo in mob psycho 100 season 1?
Aug 21, 2019 5:52 AM

May 2018
ufotable work like Fate Series and Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Violet Evergarden is good too.
Aug 21, 2019 5:56 AM

May 2018
puneetsingh said:

Like Ekubo...........my mistake.
Aug 21, 2019 6:00 AM

Jul 2019
alshu said:
puneetsingh said:

Like Ekubo...........my mistake.
Oh, dimple. I forgot/don't care enough to remember that name of dimple.
puneetsinghAug 21, 2019 8:49 AM
Aug 21, 2019 1:46 PM

Dec 2012
K
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Kyoto Animation works like Violet Evergarden, Beyond the Boundary, etc.
UFO Table and Type/Moon collaborations.
The Irregular at Magic High School
Moribito
Psycho Pass
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 21, 2019 5:38 PM

Jan 2018
In general anime movies would have a better production quality. So try out all those movies recommended or in top 150.

They either make boobs animation or fights animation look better in general. Then there's anime with good background that's usually found in older anime.

Aug 21, 2019 5:52 PM

Feb 2018
Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, and the Fate/sn: Heaven’s Feel movies all done by ufotable. Undoubtedly some of the most beautiful fights you’ll witness are found in these 3 works and the story is nothing to scoff at either. Also done by ufotable is Kimetsu no Yaiba and they pull no punches when it comes to animation and contains what is possibly the most gorgeous fight in this medium. Switching gears, I feel like it’s a sin to not credit ufotable for being the like one anime studio that can make CG look genuinely good instead of just alright while at the same time managing to blend it with 2D animation in a way that isn’t all that jarring to look at. Their CG department is more deserving of a Nobel Prize than most Nobel Prize winners are these days.

Bones with Mob Psycho and Wit Studio with Attack on Titan is up there. Mob 2 has one of the most badass and hype fights I’ve see yet and AoT has some epic ass fights that are only improved by Sawano Hiroyuki’s amazing ost.

Next up is Kyoto Animation’s Violet Evergarden It’s hard to describe just how beautiful some of KyoAni’s works (not just visually either), but it’s easy to notice how much love KyoAni puts into all their works. Violet Evergarden easily has the beautiful visuals imo and every single frame just feels alive and moving. Imagine a movie’s budget given 5 shots of steroids and hyped up on cocaine and then put into an anime. It’s that good. Although their other works don’t look as stunning, they’re nothing to underestimate. Though I won’t go into detail on their other works, I can’t not mention how so many of their other works look amazing. If ufotable is the king of action animation, Kyoto Animation is the supreme leader of non-action animation.
Kwen53Aug 21, 2019 6:29 PM

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
Nov 8, 2019 6:56 AM

Sep 2019
alshu said:
todd2580 said:

OPM S1 is like MHA S1

todd2580 said:

Here are you saying that the strongest points are experimental animation and other visual stuff for Mob. Why are you denying in the other post?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 8, 2019 3:46 PM

May 2018
Peeti said:
Why are you denying in the other post?

I was denying having deep thoughts about those animes (as you accused me)...my opinions are just opinions...

For some reason having them makes you feel very disrespected...not sure why.
You worked on MHA?
My comments ruined the sells (like that would happen) and because you have invested money in the production committee you loosed them?
Why you care about my shitty posts?
alshuNov 8, 2019 4:14 PM
Nov 8, 2019 3:57 PM
Apr 2018
todd2580 said:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters , 5Ds S1 and S2 , Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL (believe or not it have nice animation even if you like it or not) , Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V S1, Naruto , Classic Hunter X Hunter, Peace Maker Kurogane, Ginga Sengoku Gunyuuden Rai, Index S1, SSSS Gridman

hahaha lol Naruto has the worst animation .
2/10 animaion
Nov 8, 2019 8:20 PM

Sep 2019
alshu said:
Peeti said:
Why are you denying in the other post?

I was denying having deep thoughts about those animes (as you accused me)...my opinions are just opinions...

For some reason having them makes you feel very disrespected...not sure why.
You worked on MHA?
My comments ruined the sells (like that would happen) and because you have invested money in the production committee you loosed them?
Why you care about my shitty posts?
Nah, an average user will say that mob has a beautiful animation rather than experimental animation like you. Maybe I chose the wrong word as knowledge is right word for you not deep.
I haven't watched mha but maybe in future.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 9, 2019 3:58 AM
Jul 2016
Deku7midoriya said:
todd2580 said:

2/10 animaion

then i guess you're an anime weeb that likes detailed art in every frame which is hard for the animators to do sometimes especially in tight schedules.
Nov 9, 2019 4:30 AM

Jul 2016
SAO Ordinal Scale movie is the definition of All Star animators line up.

Nov 10, 2019 9:56 AM
Apr 2018
todd2580 said:
Deku7midoriya said:

2/10 animaion

then i guess you're an anime weeb that likes detailed art in every frame which is hard for the animators to do sometimes especially in tight schedules.

That's not an excuse for bad animation in naruto because they waste time animating filler trash instead of animating the canon episodes woth better quality.
Nov 10, 2019 11:17 AM
Jul 2016
Deku7midoriya said:
todd2580 said:

That's not an excuse for bad animation in naruto because they waste time animating filler trash instead of animating the canon episodes woth better quality.

it's TV Tokyo/Shueisha's fault there actually for making pierrot work on them instead of the TV series but i bet they tried their best nevertheless

the funny thing that's what happening with MHA too but hoping the author is right about the second movie being the final one although i bet Shueisha and Toho will want more.
Nov 10, 2019 12:19 PM

May 2013
I remember when I was watching Eureka Seven I was blown away by the fluid animation. Especially with the mechs.

The show ages really really well.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

56 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 20 minutes ago

4 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

2 by MadanielFL »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 3 hours ago

14 by WatchTillTandava »»
8 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

48 by AzafuseKingTora »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.