Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 27, 2021 7:10 PM

May 2020
Hmmmm he got a lot of skills by 2 month and start the journey to get out from dungeon. Keep going on my man and vampire loli.
Aug 19, 2021 7:56 PM
Jul 2021
Seygneur said:
Did they just stretch 5 or 6 pages to an entire episode or is my memory betraying me?

Anyway I felt like the first half of the episode was actually quite alright, but then the ugly filler fight happened and the pacing was all over. Plus, the accomplishments felt kinda meh... Slime and Shield Hero were much better at conveying accomplishments.

I also liked how they were at first pretty much adult like about their relationship. It was really refreshing! But why the clischee lewd bathing scene? It really destroyed what was established earlier. I mean she was all over him but bathing in the nude crosses the line? Oh, ffs...

Lmao RIGHT? But even though he's shy and tried to get out of the bath at LEAST they both can admit their feelings and are a MILLION times more adult(besides his small freakout) than 98% of Harem protagonists which is PHENOMENAL. I seriously would be SOO happy if the Harem protagonists could be more like this soo much, and I think a lot of the people that hate Harem might not as much. At least I think there would be a chunk that wouldn't because the childlike behavior of ZERO testosterone or sexual attraction or the complete opposite where they are super perverts who spray blood and get their ass whooped gets soo old. I was going to look up a list of Anime like this, but I'm sure they'd pull either Redo of Healer or something else about the show and not actually the parts I like. Some of those lists really pull stuff out of their asses, like 1/10 is similar and the rest are not even close.
Jan 23, 2022 5:21 PM
Mar 2018
I think that hero party’s fight was the first time I’ve seen “did we beat it”not be a flag
Feb 4, 2022 11:50 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
I like romantic development between MC and Yue.
Now that MC has powered up things are going to be interesting.

Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Mar 6, 2022 2:39 PM

Jun 2021
I'm so fucking in love with this couple seriously, Hajime and Yue are PERFECTION!!!!

The face of Yue when Hajime put the ring in her hand awwwwwww <3

They make me feel so emotional, one of my favourites couples ever without doubt!
May 30, 2022 4:51 AM

Jul 2015
"You're totally my type" I don't care if she's 300+ years old, FBI please get this man. Still feels bit rushed but I'm kinda glad as Hajime and Yue being stuck in the dungeon got a bit boring.

Jun 22, 2022 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
Finally they'll leave that dungeon. Hopefully it will get better from there on, but I kinda doubt it.
Dec 20, 2022 9:15 PM

Oct 2008
Another good ep, this time we end the preparation of the Main Characters, now they are focused on something plausible to do and fully geared up.

On another note:
I'm still waiting for the show to become bad... The reviews are so bad that this show will (need to) become bad at any point from now. Until then I will continue to enjoy it.

PS:
Reapermask said:
"You're totally my type" I don't care if she's 300+ years old, FBI please get this man. Still feels bit rushed but I'm kinda glad as Hajime and Yue being stuck in the dungeon got a bit boring.

"The ordinary life of 17-year-old otaku Hajime Nagumo is disrupted when he and his classmates are summoned to a fantasy world"... - MAL front page Bios

" I don't care if she's 300+ years old, FBI please get this MAN." - Some random user that didn't watch the anime or doesn't know how to read.
r_justoDec 20, 2022 9:19 PM
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Jan 26, 2023 1:59 PM
Nov 2018
Zei33 said:
MeansToAnEnd said:
Why a score of only 6.31?

Don't pay attention to MAL scores, they're mostly bullshit. The English anime community just dog-pile on 1/10s and follow whatever is trendy. Fairy Gone is a prime example, anyone can easily see that Fairy Gone is superior to this anime but its score is way lower.

The fact is that in other isolated communities, the scores are going to widely vary based on 'what everyone else' thinks. In Japan, there are anime that are very well received, and yet on MAL, you'd think they were absolute shit. Vice versa is true as well, since some anime get picked up by the English community and talked way up, while the Japanese community trashes them.

The prime example for me is Dr. Stone. You'd think it would be some golden god of an anime at 8.17 five episodes in but in Japan the reception is totally lukewarm. That's 3rd place among the airing anime this season. But Japanese scores place it closer to 18th.

I personally think this was the case with Fairy Gone last season where everyone just dog-piled it. Weirdly, the Japanese reception of Fairy Gone was fairly similar to the English one, but for totally different reasons. The Japanese couldn't understand it very well because it was "like an overseas anime" and more aimed at western audiences. Kinda ironic that the western audience didn't even give it a chance and went ahead with trashing it instead.

All that being said, Japan and the West are in agreement on this one, placing it roughly in the same area.
lol Dr stone is miles clear of this garbage. I've watched it twice now and it's still a 1. Also Japanese anime communities and western anime communities are definitely different because we actually don't want to see characters with the bodies of 12 year olds being sexualized. I'm sure a lot of Japanese people think the save but the vast majority in the anime communities in Japan love that. It's stand to reason why trash like this is more popular in Japan and Dr stone is more popular here.
Feb 1, 2023 6:38 PM
Jun 2019
I'm going to kill myself before this thing ends
Feb 9, 2023 5:19 AM

Feb 2012
Im_a_ge_ said:
Zei33 said:

Don't pay attention to MAL scores, they're mostly bullshit. The English anime community just dog-pile on 1/10s and follow whatever is trendy. Fairy Gone is a prime example, anyone can easily see that Fairy Gone is superior to this anime but its score is way lower.

The fact is that in other isolated communities, the scores are going to widely vary based on 'what everyone else' thinks. In Japan, there are anime that are very well received, and yet on MAL, you'd think they were absolute shit. Vice versa is true as well, since some anime get picked up by the English community and talked way up, while the Japanese community trashes them.

The prime example for me is Dr. Stone. You'd think it would be some golden god of an anime at 8.17 five episodes in but in Japan the reception is totally lukewarm. That's 3rd place among the airing anime this season. But Japanese scores place it closer to 18th.

I personally think this was the case with Fairy Gone last season where everyone just dog-piled it. Weirdly, the Japanese reception of Fairy Gone was fairly similar to the English one, but for totally different reasons. The Japanese couldn't understand it very well because it was "like an overseas anime" and more aimed at western audiences. Kinda ironic that the western audience didn't even give it a chance and went ahead with trashing it instead.

All that being said, Japan and the West are in agreement on this one, placing it roughly in the same area.
lol Dr stone is miles clear of this garbage. I've watched it twice now and it's still a 1. Also Japanese anime communities and western anime communities are definitely different because we actually don't want to see characters with the bodies of 12 year olds being sexualized. I'm sure a lot of Japanese people think the save but the vast majority in the anime communities in Japan love that. It's stand to reason why trash like this is more popular in Japan and Dr stone is more popular here.
I disagree entirely. I've been watching anime a long time and I can tell you that the desire for loli characters among the Western anime community is about the same as the Japanese audience. It's just far less acceptable in the West, so the people that want to see it either keep their mouths shut, or participate in closed communities. But I can assure you that the numbers are easily in the hundreds of thousands. This show may not be particularly good, but Dr Stone really does a huge disservice to science. Anyone working in a scientific field will have difficulty enjoying it.

Edit: Actually I really understated it. We're talking millions of English speakers that want to see loli content. All you have to do is go and look at the views on a few English H streaming sites, look at the sales for certain games and see the view counts in private English doujinshi communities. The demand is huge, you've just been avoiding seeing the reality. I'm sorry to inform you, but the reality is that this is a darker aspect of human nature that is universal. Western laws and mainstream morality have just driven it underground, but it's there, and it's more immense than most people realise. You just need to open your eyes to spot it.
Zei33Feb 9, 2023 5:32 AM
Oct 12, 2023 5:56 PM
Aug 2015
I started watching this show again, and boy is his personalty really shitty lol he is very much one of thoese type written to seem really edgy but just comes off like an emo baby with a loli sidekick. In spite of this though i may get through the show this time.
Nov 29, 2023 6:32 PM

Nov 2023
More battles with the monsters.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.