3It was OK
20.4%
2Disliked it
5.9%
1Hated it
11.0%
Average 3.7
456 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 5, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, more battles against badly animated CGI monsters. This time, it's monster bull type. While it seems the fight was thrilling at first, I can't really get invested into the other adventurers. I don't find any of them appealing.

On the other hand, Hajime and Yue seems to be getting along well. Those lewd bath scenes though
Aug 5, 2019 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
Watching the other adventurers seems kinda boring. Next episode they should be outside. About damn time.

Aug 5, 2019 9:20 AM
Feb 2009
only took 5 episodes and they were all pretty rushed and did my boy Hajime just build a humvee? lol
Aug 5, 2019 9:34 AM
Oct 2018
Train wreck since first episode but will keep watching till the end.F
Aug 5, 2019 9:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I feel like the original idea behind this anime is something I could definitely have enjoyed if they just hadn't fucked it up so much with the story early on and the terrible CGI throughout etc
Aug 5, 2019 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
HaXXspetten said:
I feel like the original idea behind this anime is something I could definitely have enjoyed if they just hadn't fucked it up so much with the story early on and the terrible CGI throughout etc

As someone who's read the manga up to recent points, they did, that said the time in the labrynth is honestly my least liked part of the manga.

The cgi is bad though, so bad it's almost funny.
Aug 5, 2019 9:51 AM

Jul 2019
Did they just stretch 5 or 6 pages to an entire episode or is my memory betraying me?

Anyway I felt like the first half of the episode was actually quite alright, but then the ugly filler fight happened and the pacing was all over. Plus, the accomplishments felt kinda meh... Slime and Shield Hero were much better at conveying accomplishments.

I also liked how they were at first pretty much adult like about their relationship. It was really refreshing! But why the clischee lewd bathing scene? It really destroyed what was established earlier. I mean she was all over him but bathing in the nude crosses the line? Oh, ffs...
Aug 5, 2019 9:53 AM

Jan 2009
Seygneur said:
Did they just stretch 5 or 6 pages to an entire episode or is my memory betraying me?

Anyway I felt like the 1st half of the episode was actually quite alright, but when the ugly filler fight happened and the was pacing was all over. Plus, the accomplishments felt kinda meh... Slime and Shield Hero were much better at conveying accomplishments.

At first they were pretty much adult like about their relationship which felt was really refreshing! But why the clischee lews bathing scene? Really destroyed what they established earlier. I mean she was all over him but bathing in the nude crosses the line? Oh, ffs...

They used some LN stuff i believe, but compared to the manga yeah, it was like 5-6 pages, heck i don't think the manga even showed orcus's hologram, can't remember it.
Aug 5, 2019 10:36 AM
Oct 2017
Tatsuya said:
Seygneur said:

Anyway I felt like the 1st half of the episode was actually quite alright, but when the ugly filler fight happened and the was pacing was all over. Plus, the accomplishments felt kinda meh... Slime and Shield Hero were much better at conveying accomplishments.

At first they were pretty much adult like about their relationship which felt was really refreshing! But why the clischee lews bathing scene? Really destroyed what they established earlier. I mean she was all over him but bathing in the nude crosses the line? Oh, ffs...

They used some LN stuff i believe, but compared to the manga yeah, it was like 5-6 pages, heck i don't think the manga even showed orcus's hologram, can't remember it.

If I still remember, in chapter 14.5 (manga adaptation) they start with Yue massaging Hajime's arm and then they explain about Orcus's Hologram (flashback scene I think... correct me if I was wrong)... they didn't show the part where Hajime's classmate having a rematch with Behemoth in Manga adaptation (also correct me if I was wrong as well)
Aug 5, 2019 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
Arif1999 said:
Tatsuya said:

If I still remember, in chapter 14.5 (manga adaptation) they start with Yue massaging Hajime's arm and then they explain about Orcus's Hologram (flashback scene I think... correct me if I was wrong)... they didn't show the part where Hajime's classmate having a rematch with Behemoth in Manga adaptation (also correct me if I was wrong as well)

Fair enough, like i said earlier in the thread i find the orcus labrynth section my least liked part of the manga, so it all blurs to me.
Aug 5, 2019 10:45 AM

Jul 2012
I feel like the good portion of this episode was wasted on Hajime's classmates. Honestly I just can't get invested in those characters, all I am looking forward to is seeing the look on their faces when they realize he survived and that he is probably now stronger than all of them combined.

That being said, can someone tell me when should I expect this meeting to happen?
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2019 11:05 AM

Jul 2019
HDVision said:

That being said, can someone tell me when should I expect this meeting to happen?

Not in this season of the anime.
Aug 5, 2019 11:05 AM

May 2011
HDVision said:
I feel like the good portion of this episode was wasted on Hajime's classmates. Honestly I just can't get invested in those characters, all I am looking forward to is seeing the look on their faces when they realize he survived and that he is probably now stronger than all of them combined.

Yeah, I'm waitinf for that since episode 2 or 3.
Aug 5, 2019 11:17 AM

Dec 2017
I love how bad it is, this ugly CGI, this god awful drawing, this default look and charater of his waifu, this hammer and minigun - everything is just so horrible that it makes me laugh.

HDVision said:

Aug 5, 2019 11:26 AM

May 2018
Behemoth-pyon-pyon cameos again, this time to get fucked over by the students that we don't give two shits about

about the wholesomeⁿᵒᵗ ˡᵉʷᵈ ᴵ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ scenes, I love them xD
Aug 5, 2019 11:57 AM

Feb 2017
hmmmmmmmmm so there is an item / skill to open crossdimension inventory or someshit, that would be really useful.

i waiting for mc to hit a dab on his classmate.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Aug 5, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2018
Well seems they will get out that hell hole next episode and it's about goddamn time i really don't like this dungeon part i want to see the world outside
Aug 5, 2019 12:06 PM
Apr 2013
I'll keep watching but I don't see myself rating this anything above a 6. Mostly motivated by anticipation of the reaction by the students to the new-look MC.
Aug 5, 2019 12:15 PM

Aug 2016
WeeaToast said:
HDVision said:

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2019 12:42 PM

Jun 2017
Apart from the filler fight I liked this episode. (srsly, personally I don't care much about the other classmates)
Aug 5, 2019 12:58 PM
Aug 2014
MomoSinX said:
Apart from the filler fight I liked this episode. (srsly, personally I don't care much about the other classmates)

I'm really looking forward to the awkward tension when the guy meets them and he looks so weird they don't know how to respond. The girl who likes him might even do a 180 on that front.

Unlikely. We're going to have a loli vs oneechan type rivalry over this guy, aren't we?
Aug 5, 2019 12:59 PM

Jun 2017
JJH_ said:
MomoSinX said:

I'm really looking forward to the awkward tension when the guy meets them and he looks so weird they don't know how to respond. The girl who likes him might even do a 180 on that front.

Unlikely. We're going to have a loli vs oneechan type rivalry over this guy, aren't we?

Well probably, she does look like the type who would straight give up upon seeing a rival and Yue pretty much dominates already (in both meanings lmao).
Aug 5, 2019 1:35 PM

Oct 2011
After 4 shitty episodes this one looked kinda decent. If the next episode isn't comic relief I might actually increase the show's score from 3 to 4

Aug 5, 2019 2:38 PM

Jul 2017
Another train wreck of an episode.

I can’t believe we got some focus on the classmates for once. Apparently they’ve been training offscreen in Labyrinth and haven’t gotten stronger. Did you see the way they took down the awful CGI monster?! This might have been a good moment if I was actually invested in these characters, which I’m not. I don’t care about a single one of them, so their achievements means squat.

The hologram gave edgy OP MC a powerup because it’s not like he didn’t need another one. Oh, but make sure you don’t use it for evil! But wait- the hologram has no way of knowing so that comment was pointless.

We didn’t see Yue trying to learn ancient magic and instead get a shot of it turning to night. The montage of Hajime and Yue 2 months timeskip was lazy. I can’t believe he created a Hummer...

I know the writer is pandering to the lolicons with the loli bait, but the fanservice needs to stop. I don’t care if Yue is a ‘legal loli’ because she’s a 300 yr old vampire, it’s gross and uncomfortable to watch a undeveloped naked 12 yr old girl throw herself at him.
Aug 5, 2019 2:55 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
OG_Guts said:

I can’t believe we got some focus on the classmates for once. Apparently they’ve been training offscreen in Labyrinth and haven’t gotten stronger. Did you see the way they took down the awful CGI monster?! This might have been a good moment if I was actually invested in these characters, which I’m not. I don’t care about a single one of them, so their achievements means squat.

The hologram gave edgy OP MC a powerup because it’s not like he didn’t need another one. Oh, but make sure you don’t use it for evil! But wait- the hologram has no way of knowing so that comment was pointless.

We didn’t see Yue trying to learn ancient magic and instead get a shot of it turning to night. The montage of Hajime and Yue 2 months timeskip was lazy. I can’t believe he created a Hummer...

I know the writer is pandering to the lolicons with the loli bait, but the fanservice needs to stop. I don’t care if Yue is a ‘legal loli’ because she’s a 300 yr old vampire, it’s gross and uncomfortable to watch a undeveloped naked 12 yr old girl throw herself at him.

Let me try to answer your questions one by one,
1. the LN does focus on the classmates. They play a role in the story, especially Kaori.
2. For the hologram of Oscar, the anime cut out a lot of detail. I assumed there will be more flashback scene if they end up having a season 2.
3. The ones conquered the dungeon have the ancient magic in their skill status. They skipped it in the anime.
4. Bros, the fan service is what LN reader are here for. Why would you even bother with this anime knowing she's on the anime cover. Unless you here for Shia or Tio

Horrible adaptation but it's not the worst anime out there.
I just hope this series won't end up like Mahou Sensou. They will probably end this series just like Slime Tensei where they show debuts of new chara on the last episode. 13 eps is way too short as where it is progressing right now
Fuwa_sanAug 5, 2019 3:00 PM
Aug 5, 2019 3:04 PM

Jun 2007
JJH_ said:

I'm seriously curious about what kind of reaction she'll have ... seeing that her insecure love-interest became a super-powered killer cyborg that acquired the power to summon vehicles and has bonded with a vampire girl...
Aug 5, 2019 3:14 PM

Jun 2010
Why didn't he eat a piece of the final boss and get his arm back? What an idiot.
Aug 5, 2019 3:16 PM

Jul 2017
xkazutox said:
OG_Guts said:

Let me try to answer your questions one by one,
1. the LN does focus on the classmates. They play a role in the story, especially Kaori.
2. For the hologram of Oscar, the anime cut out a lot of detail. I assumed there will be more flashback scene if they end up having a season 2.
3. The ones conquered the dungeon have the ancient magic in their skill status. They skipped it in the anime.
4. Bros, the fan service is what LN reader are here for. Why would you even bother with this anime knowing she's on the anime cover. Unless you here for Shia or Tio

Horrible adaptation but it's not the worst anime out there.
I just hope this series won't end up like Mahou Sensou. They will probably end this series just like Slime Tensei where they show debuts of new chara on the last episode. 13 eps is way too short as where it is progressing right now

These responses are always always the same...
I know the LN is better, but it doesn’t change how i feel about this episode e.g. telling me classmates gets focus in the LN does nothing for me. There’s still one dimensional characters I have no investment in. Regardless, ty you for the information.

If I avoided every anime because of the cover then I would have watched a lot less anime. Regardless saying “don’t watch this anime”
isn’t constructive criticism to the loli fanservice which is completely unnecessary. If you LN readers are here for that then that’s some red flags man.

Gonna disagree with you. This is one of the worst adaptions I’ve watched since MORBE
Aug 5, 2019 3:25 PM

Oct 2011
such a shame.. with a plot like that, this ep. should've been way better and much more epic..
is it just me or that they made it look too easy when he got the power?..

his classmate are just boring.. there's no running away from it... everybody (including me) just waiting to see the reaction of when they see hajime again.

also, am i the only one curious about the 2 other girls that supposes to show up?!
~no spoilers about that pls~
Aug 5, 2019 3:29 PM

Apr 2014
I don't remember many parts which was in manga. Did they edit the anime or using contents from Novel?
Aug 5, 2019 4:23 PM
Dec 2009
the animation still sucks, but at least this one still enjoyable than other isekai. I just hope the MC didnt over emo when he get outside, you have loli-ero-vampire.
Aug 5, 2019 5:02 PM

Feb 2017
Besides the classmates vs behemonth thing, it was a good episode.
I'd say that arifureta (anime) is at its best when is in slice of life mode xD
Aug 5, 2019 5:30 PM

Aug 2018
Finally, his former comrades will be 'useful' to the plot, since the teasing blondie loli & her protector are going to hit surface after months spent underground.

I really hope Hajime will keep being such anti-hero, that's the only thing I might appreciate later on.
Aug 5, 2019 6:05 PM
Jan 2019
Ótimo episódio, tirando a parte do Behemoth com a turma do Hajime kkkkk
Aug 5, 2019 6:15 PM

May 2008
funny what i hate about Arifureta both LN and anime is the battle scene.. while anime is full of hideous CG, LN would took more pages to beat one monster than plot.. i hope they cut all those unnecessary action and go for more plot and characters interaction instead..
Aug 5, 2019 6:37 PM

Nov 2012
Wow... my boy turned into a GOD and he married a GODDESS...
Aug 5, 2019 6:48 PM

Feb 2012
I was expecting a scene where his class sees the dead bodies of the bosses Hajime defeated on his way down the levels. (might of respawned?) I'm hoping something along those lines happens later on and they know someone has cleared the labyrinth already.

Looks like he got a lot of upgrades ancient magic, mechanical arm, a magic crystal in the eye and some vehicles??? lol.

Episode was alright. About time we return to the surface.
Aug 5, 2019 7:16 PM

Nov 2011
Imagine his classmates make it to the Mavrick lair to find a Humvee and all other modern crap haha. Meanwhile we have bunny girls coming into the picture.

I want more Shizuku because she's pretty badass but I probably won't get it baring a season 2 which I doubt will happen.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 5, 2019 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
i heard on reddit that they cut scenes out. someone whos read the LN wanna confirm and pm or comment? :O
Aug 5, 2019 8:16 PM

Jun 2019
I don't care about the other classmates and the battles, I just love to watch Hajime and Yue together and that's all.
Aug 5, 2019 8:24 PM
Jul 2019
Well I hope they dont make CGI golem meledy cause its going to ruin her
Aug 5, 2019 10:01 PM

Nov 2015
I was hoping for a small preview of Shia at the end of episode, but it looks like the studio ran out of time. Suppose I'll just write it off as yet another disappointment this anime has managed to deliver so far.

5 episodes to cover the first volume. It's starting to look like that reunion scene won't be happening.
Aug 5, 2019 10:26 PM

Nov 2012
papsoshea said:
Ho ho ho. The episode starts off with some pedobait for the self-inserts to feel amazing about themselves as Hajime being naked in bed with Yue ("gUyZ sHeS hUnDReDs oF yEArS oLd") panders to their pedophilia desires. We see more hideous CGI battles. And just like that, Hajime gets given new power. And let's wrap up the episode like how it started, instead of a bed, swap out for a bath + the chuunibyou-look transformation. This anime is so bad lol

Cool, why are you still watching? To sperg out on the forums on how bad this anime is?
Aug 5, 2019 10:34 PM

Dec 2007
seikanyuuki said:
Why didn't he eat a piece of the final boss and get his arm back? What an idiot.

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BarnaldAug 10, 2019 4:08 AM
Aug 5, 2019 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
I was so against this show the first few episodes feeling nothing but disappointed, this is a step in the right direction. More of this please.
Aug 5, 2019 11:57 PM

Oct 2018
LiquidGold said:
I was expecting a scene where his class sees the dead bodies of the bosses Hajime defeated on his way down the levels. (might of respawned?) I'm hoping something along those lines happens later on and they know someone has cleared the labyrinth already.

Looks like he got a lot of upgrades ancient magic, mechanical arm, a magic crystal in the eye and some vehicles??? lol.

Episode was alright. About time we return to the surface.

They were on LVL 65,where Hajime fell down in the first episode, maybe to LVL 66? Not sure

The point is they haven't been where Hajime fell down yet, that's why they haven't seen anything
Aug 6, 2019 6:15 AM

Oct 2015
Everything just feels so random for me at this point honestly. CGI aside, they don't even make the fights any more interesting.
Aug 6, 2019 7:02 AM
Aug 2017
If anything I really like the ost in this show.
Aug 6, 2019 7:39 AM

Feb 2015
I'm really not surprised this is continuing to suck, I'm just surprised that the one of the only series shitter than Kenja no Mago was adapted and that people are actually trying to deluded themselves into believing it's the adaption's fault or that this is getting better.

My god, the standards on this website are so low.
Aug 6, 2019 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
So after Hajime and Yue's turn last episode, it's the classmates' turn this time around to showcase their "trained" powers off-screen. Honestly, not my shtick (since it only applies to the LN, not the manga).

The 3DCG still looks hideous...not gonna complain about that. Same quality as last.

On the other side, Hajime inherits the Maverick...no, the Liberator's power on top of his skillset. The amount of over-the-top fanservice and slice-of-life aspect this episode is a good amount of rest for both Hajime and Yue

Leaving the Maverick's Lair for more dangerous adventures.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.