Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 19, 2019 9:53 AM

May 2019
I tried my best to wait for the next episode but I give up. I’m gonna read the manga. This is too good, I can’t wait
Jul 19, 2019 12:18 PM
Sep 2015
Uenoyama would go gay for Kaji's muscle! Kaji would go gay for Haruki's hair LOL!
Jul 19, 2019 12:47 PM

Dec 2018
Mafuyu and Ritsuka have some great chemistry. It was fun to watch their interactions. Mafuyu's singing finally, and he's absolutely amazing. I really hope people don't skip this one purely because it's a shounen ai.
Jul 19, 2019 12:56 PM
Aug 2016
uenoyama and mafuyu are honestly adorable together. i feel like in general all the main (?) characters are pretty good. i wish people wouldn't skip this one just because it's shounen-ai, it's really sad
Jul 19, 2019 12:56 PM

May 2009
Oof I think Sato's voice will be better when there's actual lyrics.
His "la-la-la" felt very awkward to me for some reason.
Sato is still my least favorite character tbh.
Although I love Uenoyama's reaction to his voice and his personality to death.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 19, 2019 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
Man, this is so awesome. I'm loving it, a lot. I have no idea how much they will actually adapt, but god, gotta brace myself for Haruki and all those feels.
Jul 19, 2019 3:50 PM
Jan 2019
Beautiful ❤️❤️❤️
Jul 19, 2019 5:10 PM

Sep 2018
Sato is so cuteeeeeee ~ so fragile <3
Jul 19, 2019 9:24 PM

Oct 2012
Satou is such a blank slate. I doubt he's an alien but seriously what's his deal? I hope it's not amnesia! I'll be disappointed if we don't get his backstory soon.
Jul 19, 2019 9:54 PM
Apr 2018
I'm shipping Mafuyu and Ueno-kun so hard. I can't wait to see Mafuyu join the band as the lead singer.

I might've awaken my gay side for this anime lmaoo.

modboy said:
Satou is such a blank slate. I doubt he's an alien but seriously what's his deal? I hope it's not amnesia! I'll be disappointed if we don't get his backstory soon.

This.
Jul 19, 2019 10:10 PM

Oct 2017
I was since years when I read the manga expecting for the voice of Sato and it was pretty good, I am really waiting exciting for more.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jul 19, 2019 11:19 PM

Jul 2007
I loved Mafuyu's singing voice, but I truly do hope he'll get some lyrics next time, it was a tad awkward for me to watch.
It's hard not to compare it to the manga, which is frankly one of my favorites, and I had like, zero expectations from the anime, but so far I am surprised and in a good way! The atmosphere is just right, and the pacing is good (which means it's quite slow. Slow is good, don't give up on this one yet. ) ;)
Jul 19, 2019 11:31 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, so it's Satou who sings the ED song. Such a nice voice he has.

Pretty entertaining episode overall. I'm really enjoying the dynamic the band has so far. As some people have said, the interactions between the main duo, Kaji and Haruki feel really natural so I hope it stays the same way when the drama finally comes.
Jul 20, 2019 1:05 AM

Oct 2017
LUL this episode was so enjoyable
Jul 20, 2019 2:23 AM

Aug 2013
modboy said:

i think we already got a glimpse of something in the first episode. it would explain why hes so quiet and whatnot.

i quite liked the ending for episode 2!! uenoyama's reaction to mafuyu's singing was adorable!!

Zyukichan said:

same; he has a lovely voice but it was kinda awkward with just the la-la-la haha
Jul 20, 2019 4:53 AM

Jul 2016
Shu0chan said:
I loved Mafuyu's singing voice, but I truly do hope he'll get some lyrics next time, it was a tad awkward for me to watch.

Agreed! Though for some reason I feel as if the awkwardness was intentional, the entire scene felt this way with Uenoyama blushing and such... The scene was actually great, it somewhat reminded me of my past crush and the same feeling I had for them.

I am enjoying the series so far, the anime seems very well-paced and natural. The art style is great, too.

Also for some reason the piercing guy reminds me of Noiz from DMMD and now I just can't unsee that. :D
Jul 20, 2019 6:50 AM
Jun 2019
This is seriously some good stuff. Loving the interactions between the band members. Uenoyama keeps referring to Satou as a lost puppy following him around, however, Uenoyama is the real lost puppy here XD
Jul 20, 2019 11:27 AM
Aug 2017
So, I like a good love story, and Beck Mongolian Chop Squad is one of my favourite anime/manga of all time...... This is Beck but gay and I am so fucking into it, it's tiny details I appreciate in these kinda shows like the fact every instrument in the show is an actual real world instrument and from the hints of the sorta tunes were to expect from the PV and the jam sessions I am so fecking ready for some absolutely bangers. Doubt it'll ever replace Beck in my favourite music series spot but I feel it'll be pretty high up there
Jul 20, 2019 11:30 AM

Dec 2018
I thought Mafuyu's really sang back then when i was reading its manga version, but he was just humming a chord of that song. Whatever, it's still great to see Ueno and Mafuyu low pace been building up >.<, more badumps are comin' up and Ueno's whole body will quiver because of Mafuyu, y'all record this.

looking forward to hear their music and stuff band.
Jul 20, 2019 3:01 PM

Jul 2019
What a solid episode. Great comedic elements, awesome music, and character growth. Uenoyama and Sato keep suprising each other with their awesomeness. Sato has a unreal voice - I wonder what it sounds like with a rock song. He's voice is suited for pop and r&b music for sure, that's talent to cross so many genres.

I wonder what part time job they'll end up with for Sato. We deserve the hilarity of Uenoyama and Sato being surrounding by screaming girls at a rock concert. Haruki's hair video was hilarious - Akihiko seems to his hair too ;-) hmmmm. Akihiko has like 10 jobs and remains sexy doing all of them, whew.

It feels like we should be on episode 4 or 5 but we're just at episode. Akihiko and Haruki are shipping Uenoyama and Sato like the rest of us haha. I am wondering if they will dive into the pressures of Uenoyama and Sato having to deal with being queer in high school. They both will have different struggles with coming to age. Uenoyama having to deal with his friends and family that knew him for one for so long (and even himselgf discovering who is ). Then there's Sato who will have to come to terms and and face what was hinted at in episode 1.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2019 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't like Mafuyu's singing voice, at all. I wish he was less airheaded. Otherwise, It was a good episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2019 5:28 AM

Dec 2016
glad i'm not the only one that disliked mafuyu's singing voice (or maybe it'll sound nice when it's not just la la la la la la: classic lyrics). that said, that whole scene with the "there's a song that keeps playing in my head" could make one good meme.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jul 21, 2019 8:24 AM
Oct 2013
Loved it. The OST is living up to my expectations and things should start getting really good in the next few episodes IIRC. Can't wait! UwU
Jul 21, 2019 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
the episodes keeping on getting better... enjoying it so far
Jul 21, 2019 12:20 PM
Oct 2014
I get a real sugar rush from this show, and I can never wait for the next episode. I think it's gonna be impossible not to spoil myself by reading ahead in the manga.

I feel like every character that Uenoyama and Mafuyu interact with has extremely acute gaydar/shipper goggles. They're honestly not even being flirty yet.

"La la la" a capella doesn't really do anything for me either, but it is what it is. I'm sure it'll be great to hear Mafuyu actually sing with music.
Jul 21, 2019 1:02 PM

Aug 2017
Another great episode. I love the pace and the way Satou is slowly getting to know all the band members. Just like in the manga, I love Kaji and I can't wait to see more of him in the anime. I am sure Uenoyama is impressed with Satou's fast learning skills by the way. His humming at the end was cute, but I was a bit disappointed too. I can't wait to hear Satou sing a 'real' song!
Jul 22, 2019 5:25 AM
Jul 2016
a Highschool Musical Yaoi tease. Stereotypical characters like the scary but kindhearted type, the the tsundere,the helpless boy bla bla bla. Its looks great and its fun to pass the time. Nothing new but its sweet. Haven't read the manga.
Petals_and_DoughJul 22, 2019 5:29 AM
Jul 22, 2019 5:29 AM
Jul 2016
Zyukichan said:
Sato is still my least favorite character tbh.
Although I love Uenoyama's reaction to his voice and his personality to death.

hahaha Agreed. I don't know. I feel like I've seen it all before. To be honest I only comeback for the music-playing montage and the character design.
Jul 22, 2019 6:24 AM
Feb 2015
goddamn i just wanna hear mafuyu’s singing voice so baddd
Jul 22, 2019 1:20 PM

Nov 2018
This has a warm vibe which I like.
And Uenoyama is officially in love. Good.
Jul 22, 2019 2:07 PM

Feb 2010
hejhejmonika said:

modboy said:

This.

Don't worry y'all. Prepare yourself for it because once the backstory starts everything will definitely make sense. I think the anime, like the
manga, is purposely drawing it out on purpose though. It is a little hard to take in at once so this 'mystery' helps take it in slowly.
I will NOT spoil though because part of enjoyment is finding out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La la la part was VERYYY awkward, as most singing scenes in anime are, but EASILY forgiven because he is so adorable.
Uenoyama seriously reminds me of Kageyama from Haikyuu haha. I thought the ending scene (minus cringiness) was very adorable.
Mafuyu is just like a very lost puppy that I feel like anyone would want to protect.

The way he says Uenoyama's name is honestly adorable too. Who wouldn't fall in love with him? ;____;
Although, as someone who has read the manga I have mixed feelings even though I'm so happy...I can't be happy.
EarlCielJul 22, 2019 2:13 PM
Jul 23, 2019 7:02 AM
Jul 2019
Btw Just Wondering Can someone who reads the Manga spoil for me a little since I'm planning to read the manga after this.. but I'm really curious
Will Kaiji and Haruki gonna be a couple too ?
Jul 23, 2019 2:46 PM

Mar 2018
Okay Sato has a phenomenal voice and we could finally hear him sing for real in the ED, which is lively BTW. Really like the show so far.
Jul 25, 2019 7:16 AM

Aug 2008
CutieWitchNozomi said:
Btw Just Wondering Can someone who reads the Manga spoil for me a little since I'm planning to read the manga after this.. but I'm really curious

The spider is watching
Jul 25, 2019 8:07 AM
Oct 2014
dany_elle1908 said:
CutieWitchNozomi said:

I sure hope you mean
Jul 25, 2019 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
The_Ruise said:
dany_elle1908 said:

I sure hope you mean

The spider is watching
Jul 25, 2019 8:46 AM
Mar 2019
dany_elle1908 said:
The_Ruise said:

I sure hope you mean

the 2nd couple ruined the story for me, just wish the author dont make both of them as couple bcs if both of them become couple, then its like ur usual bl anime where everyone side character near the mc are gay for eachother. But yeah, at least the main couple are fluff & healthy.
Jul 25, 2019 7:08 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Lol After Mafuyu learned how to do the chord and just started strumming aimlessly is exactly me whenever I mess with my brother's bass and guitars. Also me on the piano. Also me on the recorder. Also me on the drums. Also me on the clarinet. Also me on-- you get it. :U

I'm actually eh about Mafuyu's voice though, but I'll pretend I like it for the sake of the plot.

What I do like is the way a lot of these characters interact. I feel like there are subtle things in the way they speak and interact that imply that there are some unsaid things going round in a lot of their heads. They do well in making the audience wonder what those things are-- for me at least. We have to wait and find out what they are I guess! I haven't read the manga, so I feel like it's gonna be a ride.

Also, can I just say how I simultaneously hate and love that Haruki reminds me of France from Hetalia? Since France is one of my favorite characters, I can't help but already kinda like Haruki starting out. At the same time, I don't want to just automatically like a character for such a reason. BUT in Haruki's defense, resemblance to France or not, he seems like a pretty nice and chill guy on his own.

Gosh darn it, I'm tempted to just read the manga. I'm free user-ing it on Crunchyroll, so I have to wait a week for episode three anyway.;; Maybe. I'll see.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 26, 2019 10:20 AM

Mar 2012
I'm glad I decided to give this a shot despite the shounen-ai tag, it's really good so far. Seeing Sato's sleepy face keeps on reminding me of Tanaka.
Aug 2, 2019 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Second episode and I already love this.

Even though Mafuyu singing there at the end was kinda akward, it's forgiven because he's adorable lol. And Ueno fell for him okay okay. Can't wait to see more... I'll probably end up reading the manga haha.

Also the ending is so cutee! I love the puppy so muchhh
Aug 11, 2019 10:25 AM

Feb 2019
I can't stand Haruki & Akihiko, THEY'RE TOO HILLARIOUS. I love the cafe scene where they share story about their professions.

Oh, i'm sure that girl has a crush on Ueno, thus making her a rival for the main pairing

Not gonna lie i do think Mafuyu's voice is great but, I CANT STOP CRINGING WHEN HE SANG
Aug 12, 2019 9:53 PM

Sep 2014
LA LA LA...

Me *cringing* feels like skipping the scene

wonder what it would sound like if they got a dub

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Aug 15, 2019 1:23 PM
Mar 2019
I think Mafuyu's clueless demeanor was kind of funny and somewhat endearing at first but I am quickly beginning to realize how central this quirk is to understanding the character and I do not like it.

Glad I'm not the only one who isn't rely vibing with Mafuyu's vocals at the end.
Aug 21, 2019 7:23 PM

Aug 2017
Mafuyu singing was really good! Uenoyama is officially in love after that lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 25, 2019 10:08 PM

Mar 2013
wtf that was so beautiful :( i'm sad i didn't pick up this show as soon as it was released. uenoyama is in love already and absolutely can not blame him, mafuyu is endearing.
Sep 14, 2019 12:24 PM

Dec 2016
Guess they have a singer now *w* what a gorgeous voice! <3 Could see in ED that Mafuyu's got potential.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 25, 2019 10:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
His voice was stabbing my ears, it is so painful to watch I'm dying.
Oct 25, 2019 2:04 PM

Mar 2019
Oh fuck Im dying right now, this goes so slowly I prefer counting the tiles on my keyboard than watching it.
Wtf with his song in the end, that was absolute garbage my ears are bleeding rn, how can you be crying to this ?
Jun 19, 2020 8:41 AM
Jun 2020
His vocals were kind of bad, not going to lie, but I do like this anime a lot already! The art is beautiful, I just really want to get to know Sato better. I feel like there's something I'm missing about him.
SpecialDisasterJun 19, 2020 9:02 AM
Aug 23, 2020 12:09 PM
Aug 2020
this is my second time watching this show just because i wanna hear Mafuyu sing "la la la la" it cracks me up every time XD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

134 by Keia_ »»
May 11, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tubby - Jul 11, 2019

169 by JacobRules »»
May 1, 9:43 AM

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 5, 2019

249 by Craneface »»
Jan 9, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.