Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2019 6:04 AM
Aug 2018
I haven't found a topic similar to mine;

As a girl, I know how annoying leg hair can be. However, seeing school girls wandering around in short skirts all year round always intrigued me : even in fun, light animes talking about girls problems (even periods or the size of the tit), I haven't seen much about shaving or waxing legs, when it's a huge part in a girls life, since you have to take appointments before the hair grow back, blablabla...

In an anime with three girls, a bimbo, a girl from bourgeoisie and an otaku (forgot the name of the anime), shaving has been talked about in one episode, when they were going swimming. In this ecchi anime where the girl wanna have 100 sexfriends, she shave her bikini area as well.
But I never heard about leg hair ?

My question is not kinky nor feminist, just genuinely curious about why even in trash or open-minded animes, armpit hair is there, bikini hair is there, but no leg hair ??
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2019 6:10 AM
May 2019
I have no idea what are you talking about? Can you be more specific what is your question exactly?

Jul 13, 2019 6:13 AM

Oct 2017
Dirtywater said:

As a girl, I know how annoying leg hair can be. However, seeing school girls wandering around in short skirts all year round always intrigued me : even in fun, light animes talking about girls problems (even periods or the size of the tit), I haven't seen much about shaving or waxing legs, when it's a huge part in a girls life, since you have to take appointments before the hair grow back, blablabla...

In an anime with three girls, a bimbo, a girl from bourgeoisie and an otaku (forgot the name of the anime), shaving has been talked about in one episode, when they were going swimming. In this ecchi anime where the girl wanna have 100 sexfriends, she shave her bikini area as well.

My question is not kinky nor feminist, just genuinely curious about why even in trash or open-minded animes, armpit hair is there, bikini hair is there, but no leg hair ??

Well... body hair on women isn't exactly popular among guys. I think that counts for a large part of why you don't see mention of body hair almost ever. Personally I can't remember a single time in any anime I've watched that has referenced armpit, pubic or leg hair on women. Not once. And I'm really happy about that.

In fact it makes me wonder if that's a big part of the appeal of anime girls. I've long thought the fact that they are drawn with perfect skin is part of it but didn't factor in the lack of body hair.

The last part of your question though... I can't say I've seen any mention of armpit or bikini (I assume you mean pubic?) hair at all so if it is the case that leg hair is under-represented compared to those other two then I couldn't really explain why. Possibly because pubic hair has a lewdness to it and armpit hair has a kind of comedy to it, but leg hair? It's just kind of... a thing. Not very interesting. That would be my guess. For the same reason I don't predict this post will gain much traction by the way haha but hey I'll give you a detailed reply, why not.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jul 13, 2019 6:13 AM
Mar 2018
As an Anime Thighs Connoisseur myself.
I would want to see an anime about girl solves her leg hair problem.
Just saying.....
Amelia Watson: Hololive EN Greatest Detective!
Jul 13, 2019 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
my guess is because leg hairs on east asian girls are like rare

EDIT:

added the word east
degJul 13, 2019 7:04 AM
Jul 13, 2019 6:18 AM
Mar 2018
deg said:
my guess is because leg hairs on asian girls are like rare

Well buddy i got good/bad news for you
Jul 13, 2019 6:22 AM

Jan 2009
Goodiego said:
deg said:

err wtf is this schrodingers stuff? lol
Jul 13, 2019 6:24 AM
Jun 2016
I’m not into body hair. It’s not my style. I often shave my chest and my belly.
Jul 13, 2019 6:26 AM
Mar 2018
deg said:
Goodiego said:

well it's not rare.(basically what i was trying to say)
the bad = you're not into it
the good = well you know....
Jul 13, 2019 6:31 AM

Jan 2009
Goodiego said:
deg said:

well i was implying the usual asians that are east asians like korea, china, japan, taiwan, etc

and to some extent even us here in the philippines i rarely see girls with leg hair here
Jul 13, 2019 6:33 AM

Mar 2019
Dirtywater said:
when it's a huge part in a girls life
No it's a huge part of your life because you're a genderfag.

It turns out that some have more evolved sensibilities than a weakling's wanton lust for gender conformance.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 13, 2019 6:36 AM

Mar 2012
Naisho no Tsubomi talks about body hair (armpit and pubic) in one of chapters, I can't remember if the OVA adaptation included it. But yeah, I haven't seen any anime girl with leg hair. And if you've been looking in ecchi anime then, unless there's some weird leg hair fetish you most probably will never see it.

deg said:
You need a reality check, my friend.
Jul 13, 2019 6:38 AM
Mar 2018
deg said:
Goodiego said:

well i was implying the usual asians that are east asians like korea, china, japan, taiwan, etc

and to some extent even us here in the philippines i rarely see girls with leg hair here

Wow i mean the more you know i guess....
What a productive discussion :v
Jul 13, 2019 6:58 AM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:

deg said:

you need to read my next reply with that my friend

EDIT:

i corrected my original comment to meant east asian girls
degJul 13, 2019 7:07 AM
Jul 13, 2019 7:19 AM

Mar 2012
deg said:
Maou_heika said:

EDIT:

Adding east asian doesn't make much of a difference. Ever considered that they shave before wearing outfits that would reveal their legs? Apparently Japanese women grow all sorts of body hair too
Jul 13, 2019 7:25 AM
Aug 2018
So btw I was talking about ochiete galko-chan which indeed talked about honey waxing armpits in details, and then about shaving its pubic hair. The anime talked about it in a fun, light, relatable way. It's not disgusting, it's cute and many men like it.

The Ecchi I was talking about is considered as such because it showed boobs like once. It's B-gata H-kei.

I am not talking about SEEING hair, in the same way as some cute teenage anime girls talked about having acne or frizzy hair when on the screen they had perfect skin and silky hair (or like in naisho no tsubomi as someone said). Like "oh I should go to the beautician soon" or in wotaku ni koi where the protagonist was worrying about the coLor of her underwear before going home with her bf.

Or being afraid of the pain, or having red legs. I get that's it's not necessarily appealing but oshiete galko-chan has a few relatable, non sexy stuff

Something relatable for young japanese girls. It's not gross :(.

Srry for the awkward english
DirtywaterJul 13, 2019 7:29 AM
Jul 13, 2019 8:52 AM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
deg said:

EDIT:

Adding east asian doesn't make much of a difference. Ever considered that they shave before wearing outfits that would reveal their legs? Apparently Japanese women grow all sorts of body hair too

err ok i cannot find a literal counter to that besides wikipedia and reddit threads saying asians in general have less body hair than whites for example
Jul 13, 2019 12:19 PM

Jan 2018
Never seen one around here, or pretty sure they've made sure to kill it with kindness.
Jul 13, 2019 1:36 PM

Aug 2009
Has there ever been an ecchi series where the girls have pubic hair?

Jul 13, 2019 7:17 PM

Oct 2014
Probably because it's so culturally normal not only in Japan but around the world that it's ugly or improper on women, and the vast majority of the anime audience is men, even if directed at women (i haven't watched those anime so i'm assuming) i would say it has some to do with how it's already expected of them so it shouldn't even come up. I guess that would mean a certain taboo? Just spit balling.

Sphinxter said:
Dirtywater said:
when it's a huge part in a girls life

It turns out that some have more evolved sensibilities than a weakling's wanton lust for gender conformance.
Are you an incel?

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jul 13, 2019 7:59 PM

Mar 2019
Lunilah said:

Sphinxter said:

Are you an incel?
How does that make sense when I just criticized gender conformance? All of them are genderfags with fragile gender identities that lust to conform to social expectations about it.

But no, the last time I had sex was about two weeks back.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 13, 2019 8:12 PM
Aug 2018
Very interesting questions indeed! I’ll say that, as some have already answered before me, body hair isn’t really all that interesting/cute of a topic for guys or girls to hear about, so I guess it’s never really mentioned. Also, many mangaka/light novel authors/anime creators are male and so do not fully understand how important body hair is to a girl’s life, but understand more about the importance of things that they hear about more often or care more about (head hair, boobs, clothes, etc.). As a male myself, I barely ever hear any of the females around me (my mom, my sister, and any other females I know) really talking about their body hair at all, and so I really know close to nothing about it at all.
Jul 13, 2019 8:18 PM

Oct 2014
Sphinxter said:
Lunilah said:

Are you an incel?
How does that make sense when I just criticized gender conformance? All of them are genderfags with fragile gender identities that lust to conform to social expectations about it.

I was genuinely curious because you just had complete disregard for the topic/question, and what you said sounded like it had a lot of disdain behind it for the opposite sex due to your ideology. Thanks though.

Jul 13, 2019 8:20 PM

May 2015
Maybe it's not the topic that general audience wants to be reminded of. I don't see much of it outside anime either.

I can only suggest you manga Sweet Poolside, there's a lot of shaving going on there (it might appear kinky but actually is about accepting yourself).
Jul 13, 2019 8:54 PM

Mar 2019
Lunilah said:
Sphinxter said:

I was genuinely curious because you just had complete disregard for the topic/question, and what you said sounded like it had a lot of disdain behind it for the opposite sex due to your ideology. Thanks though.
You give me far too little credit; I am nothing if not consistent across the sexes in calling out genderfaggotry.

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 13, 2019 8:59 PM

Oct 2014
Sphinxter said:
Lunilah said:
You give me far too little credit; I am nothing if not consistent across the sexes in calling out genderfaggotry.
Nope i'm giving you that credit, because i figure you didn't limit any isolation you might cause yourself. Perhaps too much credit, as that assumption is based off you being the same in everyday conversations in real life, which in a practical sense i'm sure you're not. I hope you're not anyways.

Jul 13, 2019 9:12 PM

Sep 2018
OP coz leg hair ain't big among guys I guess? Well atleast for me that's the case.

NexivSelecaf said:
Has there ever been an ecchi series where the girls have pubic hair?

The only ecchi anime with pubic hair I can remember is Green Green. Maybe the bath scene in Gunbuster as well(? not sure tho).
Apart from ecchi, I guess Perfect Blue.
Jul 13, 2019 9:21 PM

Apr 2016
A better question would be why are leg hairs relevant to mention? It grows, you shave it, right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2019 9:25 PM

Mar 2019
Lunilah said:
Sphinxter said:
Nope i'm giving you that credit, because i figure you didn't limit any isolation you might cause yourself. Perhaps too much credit, as that assumption is based off you being the same in everyday conversations in real life, which in a practical sense i'm sure you're not. I hope you're not anyways.
If ever the subject should come up — I'm certainly not bothering the store attendants by calling them genderfags over their clear lust for gender conformance.

In my secondary school years and university years I would definitely call classmates out on similar things though.

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 13, 2019 9:28 PM
Aug 2018
Dirtywater said:

Okay the series you are talking about is Please Tell Me Galko Chan and I say maybe because it’s sort of a unnecessary thing to put in anime because no one really focuses on body hair unless maybe that’s what they are talking about
Jul 13, 2019 9:31 PM

May 2009
I have a feeling that shaving body hair and shaving leg hair sorta...one of those things that people do but is rarely portrayed in entertainment. Kinda like how RPG houses don't have bathrooms.

Heck, I think it's rare even for men to be shaving on-screen.

also what the flying frack is a "genderfag"? Does this have something to do with the gender of gay people, or is this just 4chan lingo sticking "-fag" onto random words?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jul 14, 2019 12:29 AM

Sep 2018
There's plenty of pubic/bikini line hair jokes in SYD.
Jul 14, 2019 12:31 AM

Sep 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:

also what the flying frack is a "genderfag"? Does this have something to do with the gender of gay people, or is this just 4chan lingo sticking "-fag" onto random words?

I think someone has found a new word that they think is cool. They replied to me using the word 7 times and I still don't know what they were trying to say.
Jul 14, 2019 12:55 AM

Jun 2017
1) Body hair on women isn't popular
2) Asians dont have much body hair
3) Your welcome
Jul 14, 2019 1:10 AM

Oct 2013
I don't think body hair is really a necessary thing to show in anime unless it's being used for some kind of comedic effect.
Jul 14, 2019 1:10 AM

Jul 2012
East asian women specifically have so little leg hair shaving isn't a generally a major hygiene or beauty focus even jokingly. That being said anime characters don't reference shaving legs because in real life they generally don't have to and your focus on being relatable wouldn't really make sense.

Unlike the other two categories of body hair you listed that tend to grow more commonly or at least to a point where they're visible thus justifying the focus on shaving.
GamerDLMJul 14, 2019 1:19 AM
Jul 14, 2019 4:33 AM
Aug 2018
Sphinxter said:
Lunilah said:
If ever the subject should come up — I'm certainly not bothering the store attendants by calling them genderfags over their clear lust for gender conformance.

In my secondary school years and university years I would definitely call classmates out on similar things though.

CHLO_JO007 said:
A better question would be why are leg hairs relevant to mention? It grows, you shave it, right?

You guys do realize that Japan is a conservative country, and that young girls have the societal pressure to wax or shave right? And you go realize that japanese girls that Japanese girls are quiete hairy ? And you do realize that some young girls could need to hear from a fictional character a small "uhh I hate wax it hurts so much! " and that'd be it ? And you do realize that young boys in Japan don't necessarily realize the struggle for japanese girls ?

And that I put in my post that I was a girl to avoid looking like a creep but that I never said that you had to wax nor to shave?
Jul 14, 2019 4:53 AM

Jan 2017
I remember some animes talked about it like:
Great teacher onizuka
Hanasaku iroha
And in some episodes of Gintama.
Jul 14, 2019 4:58 AM
Aug 2018
Ahmad_o said:
I remember some animes talked about it like:
Great teacher onizuka
Hanasaku iroha
And in some episodes of Gintama.

Thank you !
GamerDLM said:
East asian women specifically have so little leg hair shaving isn't a generally a major hygiene or beauty focus even jokingly. That being said anime characters don't reference shaving legs because in real life they generally don't have to and your focus on being relatable wouldn't really make sense.

Unlike the other two categories of body hair you listed that tend to grow more commonly or at least to a point where they're visible thus justifying the focus on shaving.

I get that. I mean, I'm not sure if leg hair are that rare in the east since in Mongolia and China is so common but that's not the matter

Just the fact that so many trash amines exist but legs seemed 100% irrelevant. During my childhood, it would have helped so much as it helped me with other matters.
Jul 14, 2019 6:51 AM

Mar 2019
Dirtywater said:
You guys do realize that Japan is a conservative country, and that young girls have the societal pressure to wax or shave right?
Social pressure is taken, not given.

And you go realize that japanese girls that Japanese girls are quiete hairy ? And you do realize that some young girls could need to hear from a fictional character a small "uhh I hate wax it hurts so much! " and that'd be it ? And you do realize that young boys in Japan don't necessarily realize the struggle for japanese girls ?
No, the struggle for weak "Japanese girls" that for whatever reason decide to follow this so-called "social pressure"; there is no law that requires one to; one does out of one's own volition.

I have no sympathy for this any more than I have for tobacco addicts; it's easy to choose to not to.

And that I put in my post that I was a girl to avoid looking like a creep but that I never said that you had to wax nor to shave?
You said "It's a huge part of a girl's life" it has nothing to do with a so-called "girl"; it has to do with being a weakling.

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 14, 2019 8:24 AM

Jun 2015
@op

keep yo nasty fetishes to yoself bitchplz!

Anime girls are perfect 2D>3d Goddesses and not some under-evolved monkeyasses to have body hair. in case you didnt notice, except in 1 singular case, men dont have gross body hair either.

Anime is perfect, unlike this crap world with hairy shit ppl in it.

real no "REAL" humans are quite gross and disgusting, thats why evryone wants to go in an anime isekai.
Jul 14, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
Dirtywater said:
You guys do realize that Japan is a conservative country, and that young girls have the societal pressure to wax or shave right? And you go realize that japanese girls that Japanese girls are quiete hairy ? And you do realize that some young girls could need to hear from a fictional character a small "uhh I hate wax it hurts so much! " and that'd be it ? And you do realize that young boys in Japan don't necessarily realize the struggle for japanese girls ?

You do realize that Japan isn't the only country that likes shaved women and have women who don't want hairy bodies, right? That's a standard that exists in all kinds of society. And you do also realize that all women are different, right, so not ALL Japanese girls struggle with body hair? And you do realize that women likely have bigger issues going on than shaving, right? They even have bigger issues in the body care topic that trump the "shave struggle" any day. XD XD

And, thus I stand by my comment; why is it relevant? If you're hairy, you just shave. If anything a lot of Japanese shaving products have ingredients that slow down hair growth so they don't have to do it so often. They don't even go "all the way" like a good amount of western girls do. The only difference I notice is that it's not uncommon to shave the face, but they do that for smoother skin, not because of hair.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2019 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
Body or leg hair, it doesn't matter, what bothers me is the lack of pubic hair of anime characters!
Jul 15, 2019 5:27 PM

Apr 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
@op

Anime girls are perfect 2D>3d Goddesses and not some under-evolved monkeyasses to have body hair. in case you didnt notice, except in 1 singular case, men dont have gross body hair either.

real no "REAL" humans are quite gross and disgusting, thats why evryone wants to go in an anime isekai.
KuroudoAkabane said:
@op

nani the fuck I dont have any fetish, im just a bystander
Jul 15, 2019 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
That's easy. Maybe Japanese girls don't as often get hairy legs. Even the men are not often very hairy. It's just not something every Japanese person would think of.
Jul 15, 2019 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
@Dirtywater The anime you are thinking of is probably B Gata H Kei.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 15, 2019 7:36 PM

Apr 2018
PeppermintHearts said:
Body or leg hair, it doesn't matter, what bothers me is the lack of pubic hair of anime characters!

Well, there's plenty of that in Hentai anime, at least...not that i'd know much about it (>_>)
Jul 15, 2019 10:11 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
It's simple: it looks messy when drawn. Old, sloppy characters tend to have leg hair just to show how sloppy they are.
Also, I shouldn't need to explain this, but anime design tends to be heavily stylized. Maybe you've noticed that noses in anime are either not there at all or are just a dot on the face (not at all time, but still(.
Jul 16, 2019 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
Genshiken Nidaime talks about body hair concerning a certain character and how much he has to suffer
Jul 16, 2019 6:04 AM

Jul 2014
deg said:
Goodiego said:

just so you know, more than likely they shave...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

55 by Scyfher »»
5 minutes ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

15 by bucciest »»
12 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Today

47 by Pinoffin »»
13 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Today

6 by IpreferEcchi »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching

deg - Apr 14

49 by Kenzolo-folk »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.