Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2019 11:04 AM
Apr 2016
this should nt be called one punch man since saitama appears like ten minutes in the whole anime X)
Jul 3, 2019 11:06 AM

May 2009
Gosh I didnt think bad animation could damage an anime so much for me.
Also some parts of the anime were such a shame (especially how they did the Martial Arts Tournament).
Garo did save it for me (until he was dragged away by a gigantic bird).

5/10 for me.
I really hope for a next season done by the old animators.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 3, 2019 11:18 AM

Jan 2014
Zaugr said:

Click for a manga comparison of the Blast reveal and the Saitama vs Elder Centipede "fight"
(and please do click)

Blast reveal was changed in the volume. Your page is not valid.

New version

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/onepunchman/images/7/72/Blast_Manga.png/revision/latest?cb=20190702215535

Anime version is the best so far. Bravo J.C.Staff
Taito10Jul 3, 2019 11:22 AM
Jul 3, 2019 11:22 AM
Apr 2016
Zyukichan said:
Also some parts of the anime were such a shame (especially how they did the Martial Arts Tournament).

5/10 for me.

To me the main issue wasn t the animation. It was the fact that we never get to see saitama T.T Also there is no comedy contrary to the first season, so it felt really cheap
Jul 3, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2009
And with that, One Punch Man Season 2 comes to a merciful end. The last couple of episodes got better but way too many problems occurred this season. JC Staff just couldn't get it done properly enough for me.
Jul 3, 2019 11:30 AM
May 2013
Like the anime... now season 3 🤔 I wonder?
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 3, 2019 11:35 AM
Apr 2016
Animekid3 said:

I don t think so... It feels like this season was only made to make easy money with a great license
Jul 3, 2019 11:41 AM
Jun 2017
At least they got Garou right. Hope the third season will be done by a different studio.
Jul 3, 2019 11:55 AM

Jun 2019
Season 2 was a giant " Meh ". To be honest only interesting characters to me is Saitama, Tatsumaki and the scenes when new people discover Saitama's true strength. I just fast forward other scenes entirely with other characters cause I can't take them or their storie arcs seriously since one punch man is parody of anime genre, so I almost fast forwarded entirety of season 2. Season 1 was funny, but I found little charm and fun in season 2. lets hope season 3 can be more like season 1
Jul 3, 2019 12:12 PM
May 2016
What a garbage adaptation that butchered so, so much of the manga. It's been ages since I've watched an anime that actually made me mad from seeing just how much they were fucking up. Fuck J.U. STaff, the only good thing we got out of this was the OST and the fantastic cuts by Aoki and some of the other animators. I seriously can't imagine how hard it was for them to belt out cuts of pure quality reminiscent of season 1 week after week under the terrible work conditions they were pushed into since J.C. can't schedule shit to save their life. What a total waste, since this is the part of the manga that seriously hooked me.

Read the manga, don't bother with this garbage, it's an insult to the series. The fucking webcomic has an infinite amount more soul and heart put into it than this shit.
Jul 3, 2019 12:17 PM

Mar 2016
This season was bad.
It has interesting characters that were never used correctly, the osts were very meh (in both placement and new songs), the new sound design was awful (by far the worst part), the shiny filter they put over the animation was terrible, Genos was murdered, the VA's were weak (like no returning VA's gave a shit about it), the backgrounds were simplistic and filled with cgi annoying crowds, comedy wasn't funny (nobody was funny), the last episode wasn't a last episode at all, the animation was clunky most of the time and to make things worst the overall execution and direction was pretty bad. Still, 4/10 for at least making some characters interesting and something being a watchable show. Don't try again.
Jul 3, 2019 12:31 PM
Mar 2019
I haven't really cared for the sound design these past couple episodes. The punches lack a certain weight to them leaving most of the fight scenes pretty underwhelming, on top of the already underwhelming animation quality throughout most of this season.

J.C really hammed it up these last 3 episodes though. Just goes to show what could have been if working conditions were a bit better.

A decent end to an otherwise poor season of OPM. We barely got any Saitama sensai in the latter half of the season.

OPM S2 6/10
Jul 3, 2019 12:37 PM
May 2019
I was unaware that the 12th was the final episode of season 2 while I was watching it. If one character (Garou) is the saving grace of an entire season, it's kind of sad. Believe my rating and overall opinion dropped week-to-week
Jul 3, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2015
Ehh, this season was 'aight I guess. It did not even remotely live up to the first season.

I would say the music/art/and "feel" of this season were fine but the animation wasn't great. A few scenes here and there were alright, but the vast majority felt like a colorized manga or a power point slide show. A severe lack of fluid animation without jump-cuts is what really brought down the enjoyment of this season for me.

I'd say they really need to go back to Madhouse for S3 if it ever happens - otherwise there shouldn't be another season if it's just going to be more mediocrity like this one. Overall 7/10
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦

Jul 3, 2019 1:49 PM

Jul 2008
6/10

You had first season that was great, made us wait 4 years and this is what they show us?

Rating this 6 is me fanboying the hell out of it. It is really a bad season on its own
Jul 3, 2019 2:40 PM

Mar 2012
People complaining the whole season about the quality of the animation is so ridiculous...

As if they knew how to make it better, as if they knew how hard and expensive is to do that top tier god animation they want.

They're just copying the opinion of what others say, not because they're experts or something like that in the area

Does complaining about the animation make you feel good? or something? if that's so go complain about Persona 5 The Animation, that is truly "bad" animation, or go teach those japanese guys how it has to be done!

They DONT have the same budget as the people who make Shingeki no Kyojin! is it that bad?

Be THANKFUL we got another season of this anime, which looks really good actually.
Jul 3, 2019 3:13 PM

Mar 2010
I'm confused if this was last episode of season or not.

Most people are suffering from their own expectations. Yes, it was not has good as the first season, but nevertheless it was still very enjoyable.
Jul 3, 2019 4:53 PM

May 2009
Franck_Nicolas said:
Zyukichan said:

5/10 for me.

To me the main issue wasn t the animation. It was the fact that we never get to see saitama T.T Also there is no comedy contrary to the first season, so it felt really cheap

Focusing on other people wasn't really the problem I think. Some people had genuinly good arcs. YouTuber Gigguk has a good explanation on that I think. The anime got good (for me) the first season because of "legendary animation meets funny jokes" (mostly jokes about other super heroes in general). Just how much effort it has put into godly animation, and just to be a "gag" anime about generic super heroes is what got me into the whole thing. Thats what I really missed the second season.

But I have to agree a little bit on your point. The first season had a really strong story and easy to follow. This season seems to be all over the place on that, compared to the first season.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 3, 2019 5:09 PM
Jul 2019
Grantnarg said:
People complaining the whole season about the quality of the animation is so ridiculous...

As if they knew how to make it better, as if they knew how hard and expensive is to do that top tier god animation they want.

They're just copying the opinion of what others say, not because they're experts or something like that in the area

Does complaining about the animation make you feel good? or something? if that's so go complain about Persona 5 The Animation, that is truly "bad" animation, or go teach those japanese guys how it has to be done!

They DONT have the same budget as the people who make Shingeki no Kyojin! is it that bad?

Be THANKFUL we got another season of this anime, which looks really good actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecgdwhc8gkw basically your entire comment

It doesn't matter if the people who are criticizing the animation don't know how to make it better. You don't need to be a good cook to recognize bad food, you don't need to be a film maker to recognize a bad film and you don't need to be an animator to recognize bad animation.

You talk as if people are just complaining because they want to mindlessly hate the second season. While there are haters, I'd guess that the vast majority of people criticizing this season are legit S1 fans who waited four years for this sequel to happen and want who genuinely want the best for this series.
Jul 3, 2019 6:05 PM
Jun 2019
I feel like because of the story and multiple characters being introduced that this season would have done better if it had been longer? not felt so rushed in some ways and showed more Siatama.
Jul 3, 2019 6:29 PM

Jan 2013
Great finale! I hope if there's a season 3 they have better animation.
10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2019 6:45 PM
May 2013
Franck_Nicolas said:
Animekid3 said:

I don t think so... It feels like this season was only made to make easy money with a great license

What and awwww.... I really like the anime 🤦🏻‍♂️
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 3, 2019 9:22 PM

Feb 2013
This was great! I loved the first season more, but this was still awesome!!

8/10
Jul 4, 2019 12:35 AM

Mar 2016
I was skeptical at first, but then i saw a fight scene in youtube and decided to give it a chance.
I'm glad i picked it up. Was so eager to watch every episode. Every fight scenes hyped me up, and no matter how silly the characters are, always had a fun times. It was such a great watch, i will miss it dearly, OPM first season. :'(

Second season is just ok.
Jul 4, 2019 1:00 AM

Dec 2016
This season was at the very least as bad as season 1, 4/10
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jul 4, 2019 2:53 AM
May 2016
For those waiting for S3:
Thanks to JC Staff you will wait even longer to the next season than when compared to the 4 years between s1 and S2. Now, WHY?
THATS BECAUSE THEY JUST RUSHED EVERYTHING TO END WITH THIS GAROU PART, so, manga's vol 20 is launching this month in jp, the anime adapted the content until volume 19.
To see how bad this is, s1 adapted the first 7 volumes only, while S2 adapted almost the double, 12 volumes. THANK YOU JC STAFF SO MUCH, i hope we can see in the next 4 years this series coming back to the hands that brought us S1. <3
Jul 4, 2019 3:12 AM
Nov 2016
daftomaru said:
Thanks to JC Staff you will wait even longer to the next season than when compared to the 4 years between s1 and S2. Now, WHY?
THATS BECAUSE THEY JUST RUSHED EVERYTHING TO END WITH THIS GAROU PART, so, manga's vol 20 is launching this month in jp, the anime adapted the content until volume 19.
To see how bad this is, s1 adapted the first 7 volumes only, while S2 adapted almost the double, 12 volumes. THANK YOU JC STAFF SO MUCH, i hope we can see in the next 4 years this series coming back to the hands that brought us S1. <3

That's actually good news, that means we won't see this anime getting the shit treatment it received from J.C Staff anytime soon, I rather have nothing than having a franchise I love like OPM getting shitted over by an incompetent anime studio for the same reason I don't like seeing Berserk getting shitted over by that other incompetent studio as well.

These fucking anime studios are just ruining the franchise.
xZabuzaxJul 4, 2019 3:23 AM
Jul 4, 2019 3:20 AM

Jan 2018
> Damn, Silver Fang and his brother really kicking ass.
> Garou still being an anti-hero monster as ever.
> Genos still trying out his best.
> King. rofl
> Of course, Saitama saves the day. Rip Elder Centipede.

What a rollercoaster of an anime. I didn't expected this after three and a half years, OPM Season 2 would turn out to be like this. From its director, the team (with the exception of Kenichiro Aoki-san) and to that bloody sound director, this anime became underwhelming. But, some of its episodes are quite decent but does not save the anime in its entirety.

I hope for the third season, they should try to look for a decent team who will be so damn passionate about this project.

JC Staff, please give up OPM to someone else.

6/10

Jul 4, 2019 3:30 AM

Mar 2012
AnimeVaiMorrer said:
Grantnarg said:

It doesn't matter if the people who are criticizing the animation don't know how to make it better. You don't need to be a good cook to recognize bad food, you don't need to be a film maker to recognize a bad film and you don't need to be an animator to recognize bad animation.

You talk as if people are just complaining because they want to mindlessly hate the second season. While there are haters, I'd guess that the vast majority of people criticizing this season are legit S1 fans who waited four years for this sequel to happen and want who genuinely want the best for this series.

I bet you don't even know how to animate a stick figure, so stop talking about things you don't know.
So you want to give those cheap examples as cooking or films, ok, actually the real judges of food and films are PROFESSIONALS, that's why they don't hire any random guy who can just recognize basic stuff to judge their stuff, people here in this forum complaining about the animation giving random 5/10, 7/10 ratings to the season, as if they were the judges with great knowledge and experience, as if that would change anything, why don't you just send a letter to the animators saying how to make the show better, or send them money so they can work extra hard on this, or just not watch the show at all, and wait until it gets released with better quality?
I know why, cause you just know how to complain like babies, your criticism on this is like a baby crying because he wanted vanilla ice cream with chips, but they only gave him the ice cream without the chips, it is still delicious but you fail to comprehend the hard work put into this season.

I'm not saying they are haters, I'm saying there's a lot of people they think they're intellectuals and have such "fine perfect taste".
Jul 4, 2019 3:57 AM
Nov 2016
Grantnarg said:
I bet you don't even know how to animate a stick figure, so stop talking about things you don't know.
So you want to give those cheap examples as cooking or films, ok, actually the real judges of food and films are PROFESSIONALS, that's why they don't hire any random guy who can just recognize basic stuff to judge their stuff, people here in this forum complaining about the animation giving random 5/10, 7/10 ratings to the season, as if they were the judges with great knowledge and experience, as if that would change anything, why don't you just send a letter to the animators saying how to make the show better, or send them money so they can work extra hard on this, or just not watch the show at all, and wait until it gets released with better quality?
I know why, cause you just know how to complain like babies, your criticism on this is like a baby crying because he wanted vanilla ice cream with chips, but they only gave him the ice cream without the chips, it is still delicious but you fail to comprehend the hard work put into this season.

I'm not saying they are haters, I'm saying there's a lot of people they think they're intellectuals and have such "fine perfect taste".

If your standard is that low then you might as well go to the crappiest restaurant and order the food they provide, the chef will prepare the food using the best of his ability no doubt but at the end of the day, it's still a mediocre food because that restaurant can't afford a better chef.

We on the other hand have a higher standard (way higher than you apparently) so we aren't going to be happy with the mediocre food, good thing we have other options so we can choose to ignore that crappy restaurant and go to a better one, unfortunately we don't have that luxury with the anime studio because we can't choose a better one since no one else is doing OPM other than J.C Staff which happens to be a mediocre anime studio that prefer quantity over quality.
xZabuzaxJul 4, 2019 4:16 AM
Jul 4, 2019 4:16 AM

May 2019
Obviously, in comparison to the manga, this season isn't as good due to the numerous inconsistencies. However, I will say that the way Garou's ideology and philosophy were captured was extremely well, and really reminiscent of the manga. Very much enjoyed watching the adaptation, and I can't wait for the next season.

Overall, I'd have to rate it an 8/10, maybe higher. I guess you could put the high bias down to a love for Garou and a deep connection to the philosophical and thematic concerns of the series :)

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 4, 2019 4:19 AM
Jul 2019
Grantnarg said:
AnimeVaiMorrer said:

Please, stop using ergo decedos man, not being able to make something better than it is right now does not make you unfit to criticize it. According to your logic, if I serve you bad food, you can't complain, you're not a professional™.

Grantnarg said:

Yes, we wanted something better than what we got, you know why? Because we care about this series. We are not conformists who will simply consume whatever is thrown at us and be happy, we want quality products.

If OPM S2 had a higher quality it would not only be better for us, the consumers, but it would also be good for the series. What do you think that would sell more BDs, an anime which is a sequel that was acclaimed by the fans as great or one met with controversy due to its inconsistent animation and problems surrounding production?

"Oh but they put hard work into it"

Yeah... Good for them, but it's still not good. Putting hard work into something doesn't necessarily make it good.
Jul 4, 2019 4:20 AM

May 2019
Nainu_ said:
> Damn, Silver Fang and his brother really kicking ass.
> Garou still being an anti-hero monster as ever.
> Genos still trying out his best.
> King. rofl
> Of course, Saitama saves the day. Rip Elder Centipede.

What a rollercoaster of an anime. I didn't expected this after three and a half years, OPM Season 2 would turn out to be like this. From its director, the team (with the exception of Kenichiro Aoki-san) and to that bloody sound director, this anime became underwhelming. But, some of its episodes are quite decent but does not save the anime in its entirety.

I hope for the third season, they should try to look for a decent team who will be so damn passionate about this project.

JC Staff, please give up OPM to someone else.

6/10

Agree with these points, a great analysis

Except for Garou as an anti-hero, i can debate that point all day ;) haha

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 4, 2019 5:44 AM

Mar 2013
The fact Saitama shown in the last scene still the best <3 8/10
Jul 4, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2012
last 2 episode rocks! best episode of the season perhaps.
>monstrous fighting scene
>good consistency of graphic through out the entire episode as well as
>well thought fighting movement and poses.
>epic backsong theme for each character
>decent scene transition

i don't mind jc staff handling the third season if they can keep up the quality. rofl.
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Jul 4, 2019 7:34 AM
Aug 2018
At what chapter did the anime end up with?
Jul 4, 2019 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
There were bad and good moments on this season. I still enjoyed the series, so I give this a 7/10.

Hoping that there's a 3rd season which I think is possible considering how this season ended.

Jul 4, 2019 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
What a fun ride.

Garou ftw.
Jul 4, 2019 11:08 AM

Dec 2013
If the ending was so abrupt I'd like it more. Definitely hoping for a third season madhouse or not. 6/10 for me.
Jul 4, 2019 11:18 AM
Jul 2019
For me, the anime was OK 8/10. But, seriously the finale fight, damn that was so good to watch. It raped me many times.

I want to give birth.
Jul 4, 2019 11:45 AM
Oct 2007
Season 1 was indeed a miracle like what some of you pointed out. Season 2 was alright but not as bad as what some of you have also pointed out. I'll definitely not say no to OPM season 3 though! 7/10 for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2019 1:19 PM

May 2016
Sadly to say but as a friend pointed me, after a season the plot repeats.

I have been fan of villains since a long time ago so I can understand Garo pain, at least a bit.
Aaah they defeated him 2 vs 1. I was far more pissed than him.

Jul 4, 2019 3:12 PM
Jul 2016
Garou : J.C Staff
the other kids who are bullying him : production committee and the fans of OPM

8/10

To Be Continued with the BD Version
todd2580Jul 4, 2019 3:22 PM
Jul 4, 2019 3:31 PM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
daftomaru said:

That's actually good news, that means we won't see this anime getting the shit treatment it received from J.C Staff anytime soon, I rather have nothing than having a franchise I love like OPM getting shitted over by an incompetent anime studio for the same reason I don't like seeing Berserk getting shitted over by that other incompetent studio as well.

These fucking anime studios are just ruining the franchise.

Production Committee are who ruin them not anime studios they're just working for hire so don't blame that much

also things might wasn't in favor with J.C Staff i mean yeah it's their fault they picked up than they handle but blame the production committee here they don't care about the quality and wanted a fast product i hate them even more than J.C Staff because they tried their best at least and the director seemed want to do more but time isn't in his favor

Also OPM S2 is in the level of Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 5 so that's not bad lmao

and wait for the BD Version that'll be the complete product while the tv version isn't
todd2580Jul 4, 2019 3:39 PM
Jul 4, 2019 3:42 PM
Jul 2016
Dredd said:
And with that, One Punch Man Season 2 comes to a merciful end. The last couple of episodes got better but way too many problems occurred this season. JC Staff just couldn't get it done properly enough for me.

if they were given another episode they might do the whole tree fight but the number of episodes wasn't enough
Jul 4, 2019 3:49 PM
Nov 2016
todd2580 said:
Production Committee are who ruin them not anime studios they're just working for hire so don't blame that much

also things might wasn't in favor with J.C Staff i mean yeah it's their fault they picked up than they handle but blame the production committee here they don't care about the quality and wanted a fast product i hate them even more than J.C Staff because they tried their best at least and the director seemed want to do more but time isn't in his favor

and wait for the BD Version that'll be the complete product while the tv version isn't

Unfortunately I will blame the people responsible for the mediocre product and that includes the anime studio for biting more than they could chew and the production committee as well for giving them more work than they could handle. I know J.C Staff tried their best in that short amount of time but like I said before, now that the mediocre product is out I have no choice but to blame the people responsible for it, if I just accept mediocrity this easily then I'm just being a fanboy. This acceptance of mediocrity is one of the things that is hurting the anime industry in my opinion, we should be demanding quality.

I know the BD version will be better dude but my beef at this moment is with the tv version because that's the only version I've seen so far. Once I see the BD version then I will rate that one separately.
Jul 4, 2019 3:52 PM
Jul 2016
Grantnarg said:

they were have the same budget as S1 but in a situation like this it wasn't enough

the budget of S1 was normal like any anime shows and S2 is the same but in a different situation which makes think why even people complain that much it's ridiculous they weren't in situation like Madhouse and now they're getting the hate from that and they call that right while it's not lamo
they have to move their hate to the right person and it's the production committee for being pathetic
Jul 4, 2019 4:02 PM
Jul 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
So this Frankenstein's monster of an anime is finally over. I say Frankenstein's monster cause the quality is just so inconsistent and the anime just feels so forcefully stiched up and composed, all thanks to J.C. Staff's horrible scheduling and state.

The content this season adapted is my favorite chunk of OPM. Had it been well-adapted, it would've been 10/10 material for me. And there are times when the anime is able to capture the impact and spirit of the manga. But it's just too far and in-between for me to truly appreciate it. Honestly, I find the animation to be quite okay. There's definitely some bad cuts and literally no cuts, but there's times when it's really damn good. And honestly, from an animation standpoint, I can't say I was too disappointed, It's no S1, but it's not bad either. It's pretty much average for most parts, and above average, or even very good for the moments that matters. Shoutout to Aoki for doing a fantastic cut in almost every episode. Despite denying it, he must've been overworked. Imagine if he had a better schedule to work with and less cuts to be depended on for. He's being wasted by being at J.C. Staff. Same for those webgen animators; they're work in episode 8 was good, but it clearly looks unfinished. J.C. Staff's work has been quite good considering their schedule.

But my real issue is the directing. Not that it's always bad, but when it is, it's really, really bad. The flow from scene-to-scene is lacking and overall makes it seem like as if this series is rushing when it really isn't. It's just not put well together. Some shot angles are pretty lacking, and it's not even to hide the lack of animation or anything. Sometimes it doesn't even do justice to the animation effort in. Speaking of not giving justice to its animation, that blur effect used to bypass the TV seizure regulation really kills their effort. They should've just dimmed the brightness like S1. Watching the blu-ray release of this season seems like a mandatory thing now. And some directorial choices with the coloring, like the tanned look of some characters and that metal gradient... really? It's not even a effort saving decision. The director actually thought that it would look good. Like, wow. Also, dem sound effects are meme-worthy at times. At times, it's hype like JoJo. At times, it's laughable like Berserk 2016. As expected from the sound director.

The content in this season is OPM at its best. Saitama can only serve as a punchline for so long until it gets boring, so this season dedicates itself to develop and expand on the Hero Association and the differences between heroes and monsters. And it's most critical choice as to literally chance it's main character from an OP hero (parody of a shounen MC) to a in-training villain (shounen MC characteristics given to a villain). In a way, OPM still manages to parody the tropes by giving them to the villain instead. OPM's whole goal is to be fun. In S1, it does it be using the OP gag and S2 creates fun out of the absurtity of the heroes' design and abilities and Garou's antics. And Garou's just super endearing. He's blood-thirsty against heroes, but kind to anyone else. And he's represents a grey part in-between this whole hero and monsters thing. And his seiyuu is perfection. He was my second choice for Garou, and he nailed the character.

Overall, I guess this season is still a 7/10 for me, which is good, but considering its content, it should've been much higher. Prior to this season starting, I was expecting much, much worse. If you've seen J.C. Staff's projects after Taboo Tattoo, you'd confuse their works for a powerpoint presentation. It would've been a 6, but these last two episodes really pushed it up. Wasn't expecting that at all since most anime productions get worse as it goes on. As haphazardly put together their schedule was, at least they times it right, knowing which episodes to prioritize and whatnot. I was totally expecting episode 3 being their all-out episode, then them losing steam for the rest of the run, but they did great with episode 11 and even this episode was quite good. And they even called in a lot of talented webgen animators for episode 8 and 11. Now, if only they had more time..

keep in mind that the director was busy with Majimoji Rurumo's OVA first before OPM S2 that will available for Sale in 9 July but he tried his best in this season and in Episode 4 and 12 as storyboard writer but yeah could be better ofc i feel sorry for him
Jul 4, 2019 4:05 PM
Jul 2016
fitemeillreku said:
BravoBlast333 said:

It 'crashed'? What are you talking about?

The second half was definitely better than the first, the last two eps ensure that. The only really good ep from the first half was episode 3 (Garou vs Tank Top).

Like I said, not completely. I do agree with you in saying that it got better in the last few episodes, but I prefer the first half. The one thing that I personally thought that made it crash is the Martial Arts Tournament.

I feel like that's the biggest problem in the story, as I think that it went on longer than it should have, especially for a 1 cour series, and it left no room for the remaining episodes.

I posted a review if you want my full thoughts on this.

yeah the tournament is the weak link in this season even in the manga as i heard from some people but i'll still read it to make sure
Jul 4, 2019 4:12 PM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
todd2580 said:

Unfortunately I will blame the people responsible for the mediocre product and that includes the anime studio for biting more than they could chew and the production committee as well for giving them more work than they could handle. I know J.C Staff tried their best in that short amount of time but like I said before, now that the mediocre product is out I have no choice but to blame the people responsible for it, if I just accept mediocrity this easily then I'm just being a fanboy. This acceptance of mediocrity is one of the things that is hurting the anime industry in my opinion, we should be demanding quality.

I know the BD version will be better dude but my beef at this moment is with the tv version because that's the only version I've seen so far. Once I see the BD version then I will rate that one separately.

but i think if we can stay positive as possible is better than just being toxic and ignorant people that think they didn't notice we didn't like what we got there's still hope but not a big one can't deny that since the tv version aired makes things hard but in the end Full Metal panic S4 got a lot of fixes in its BD and it might was having the same situation as OPM S2
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2019

234 by ShaunTheMoose »»
Jan 16, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.