Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
May 28, 2019 12:49 PM
Sep 2018
angelapari said:
attacktitan_01 said:

I don't know why someone mentioned him as the strongest titan in manga, but him being able to destroy reiner's armour could be because he too have the hardening ability like eren, annie so just like how eren destroyed him in episode 2 beast titan should be able to do that and also you will later know reiner was among the weakest all along so it was not that big of a deal if he defeated him, also levi caught him off gaurd when he wasn't expecting anyone to attack him and levi is so fast he never had the time to harden . That's why levi was able to cut him the way he did. And before even what is happening he was taken out from his nape.

Agree to your points , no spoilers from manga , not reading its manga as the show is really great(except few random one's which were already shown in anime) .
It was mentioned in manga only previosly as him the strongest titan but anyways i was letdown by the all built-up for beast titan was for nothing !!
angelapari said:
attacktitan_01 said:

I don't know why someone mentioned him as the strongest titan in manga, but him being able to destroy reiner's armour could be because he too have the hardening ability like eren, annie so just like how eren destroyed him in episode 2 beast titan should be able to do that and also you will later know reiner was among the weakest all along so it was not that big of a deal if he defeated him, also levi caught him off gaurd when he wasn't expecting anyone to attack him and levi is so fast he never had the time to harden . That's why levi was able to cut him the way he did. And before even what is happening he was taken out from his nape.

Agree to your points , no spoilers from manga , not reading its manga as the show is really great(except few random one's which were already shown in anime) .
It was mentioned in manga only previosly as him the strongest titan but anyways i was letdown by the all built-up for beast titan was for nothing !!

He indeed is most dangerous up until now and is the only one who delivered most severe blows to the scout regiment but in terms of shear strength and fighting skills, he's not that strong sure he has some extra abilities like throwing with extreme force, and being able to control mindless titans make him most dangerous. Hype around beast titan was only because manga readers knew how levi is gonna chop him. Just a piece of advice just don't start expecting too much from any character because things not going the way you expected or wanted can definitely be disappointing. Just enjoy this masterpiece.
May 28, 2019 12:54 PM

Aug 2018
Woah, incredible episode
May 28, 2019 1:00 PM
Jun 2017
-The fact that the commander had to sacrifice himself just to take down the beast titan just proves how dangerous he is,but if people were expecting from zeke to put up a fight against levi in close range,that would feel inconsistent

-Of course if levi was able to defeat him without sacrifices that would be bad,which wasn't the case

May 28, 2019 1:05 PM
May 2019
attacktitan_01 said:
angelapari said:

angelapari said:

He indeed is most dangerous up until now and is the only one who delivered most severe blows to the scout regiment but in terms of shear strength and fighting skills, he's not that strong sure he has some extra abilities like throwing with extreme force, and being able to control mindless titans make him most dangerous. Hype around beast titan was only because manga readers knew how levi is gonna chop him. Just a piece of advice just don't start expecting too much from any character because things not going the way you expected or wanted can definitely be disappointing. Just enjoy this masterpiece.

Thx !!! Agree!!!!
May 28, 2019 1:06 PM
May 2019
amine60__SBD said:
-The fact that the commander had to sacrifice himself just to take down the beast titan just proves how dangerous he is,but if people were expecting from zeke to put up a fight against levi in close range,that would feel inconsistent

-Of course if levi was able to defeat him without sacrifices that would be bad,which wasn't the case

Kindaa Agree with you too :(
May 28, 2019 1:13 PM

Jan 2014
For some reason I'm not invested in the characters anymore, maybe it's the waiting between seasons and the weekly schedule, but man still can't believe Armin's dead...
May 28, 2019 2:00 PM

May 2015
I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT ARMIN JUST DIED T____________T
May 28, 2019 2:44 PM

Oct 2015
I seriously need help I can't wait for the next episode and I keep wasting my time reading more and more discussions about this to try to help that lol
May 28, 2019 2:47 PM
Dec 2017
In terms of just pure hype, this episode made this AOTS for me already.
May 28, 2019 2:52 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
This was so great, oh my, I don’t even have words.

Levi vs Beast Titan and Armin vs Bethold were both animated amazingly. And Hänge is back, it’s definitely pleasing to see her again.
May 28, 2019 4:34 PM

Jan 2016
It's been a while i don't get emotioned until my tears come down...
a massacre..and Armin...but this is why i love SnK

May 28, 2019 5:28 PM
Jul 2017
Been waiting for this for so long. Cant wait till anime only see whats coming up next.
May 28, 2019 6:58 PM
May 2016
Zoroft said:

Of course it's the guy who has bnha, opm, mp100 AND Eva (Gotta show I'm sophisticated too) as hisfavs not liking that AoT is getting ahead. What a joke, you're so shallow and easy to see through.

As if you acting like a pretentious twat makes you better than him. "LOL you like THESE shows therefore your opinion is inherently below mine, aren't I so sophisticated for looking down on people for liking popular things despite liking AoT? XD"
Way to embarrass the actual fans of this series. The shows you listed (aside from bnha) are all utterly fantastic in their own rights too, not everything has to be a dickwaving competition.
May 28, 2019 6:59 PM

Apr 2015
Such an awesome episode,I was speechless!!!
10/10 and easily one of the best anime episodes I've ever seen!
May 28, 2019 7:04 PM

Jul 2017
Wow, this shit is still going insane in all fronts! Another fabulous episode. It's all on Armin man... Erwin, Levi, Armin, everyone battling for their lives... these guys have balls of iron, a fierce resolution to tell death to go fuck itself, it's just amazing. If i had to describe this episode, or the entire series, in one word, it would be Heroic. Probably gonna raise my score to a 10 because this is far from over and will keep on being mind blowing! Let's go! On to the next one!
May 28, 2019 7:23 PM
May 2019

His intention at down playing the episode because it was getting more praise than the shows he liked was obvious. Besides no one's more of a pretentious twat than MP100 fans pretending their show has an ounce of depth and that they're not just jerking off to the power fantasy of "you don't want to make me mad or I'm going to show you how awesome I am by beating you to a pulp, and then tell you how I righteous I am about it afterwards" against a bunch of 1d villains. Pathetic.
ZoroftMay 28, 2019 7:26 PM
May 28, 2019 7:24 PM

Apr 2008
Wow what an episode!! I've rewatched certain parts dozens of times now but still can't stop...
May 28, 2019 7:28 PM
May 2016
Zoroft said:

His intention at down playing the episode because it was getting more praise than the shows he liked was obvious. Besides no one's more of a pretentious twat than MP100 fans pretending their show has an ounce of depth and that they're not just jerking off to the power fantasy of "you don't want to make me mad or I'm going to show you how awesome I am by kicking your ass, and then tell you how I righteous I am about it afterwards" against a bunch of 1d villains. Pathetic.

The hilarity in someone acting like they aren't pretentious or stupid for randomly bitching about other series that have nothing to do with Attack on Titan and then completely missing the point of MP100 with the funniest misinterpretation I've ever read is just too unreal. You'd know if you literally watched more than 2 episodes that MP100 isn't a power fantasy in the slightest, especially given how the MC's strength is never the driving point of any fight ever, nor is his development tied to his strength as a psychic, they're fights of ideology with the characters' efforts to change being the central driving force of the narrative, by the very end the story comes to such a fantastic and natural conclusion with a universal message that's genuinely sincere. You'd know this if you weren't being an idiot who thinks that there's anything to gain from downplaying the strengths of a series just to suit a pathetic elitist us vs them narrative . Your heart is probably in the right place but you look just as stupid as him. Here's something you should maybe consider: that most series DO have their own merits as to why they're so loved by so many people, especially when they're critically acclaimed? Why are you purposely subscribing to his childish mindset of devaluing good series just to give your point some clout? All you're doing is making the fans of this series look bad, this medium has so much variety and so many things to appreciate, imagine taking pride in thinking that you're smarter than others for not liking the same things they do.

tl;dr You will never beat a troll by stooping to their level, all you risk is making yourself look like an idiot for no reason. Don't do that shit mate.
ModernoirMay 28, 2019 7:33 PM
May 28, 2019 7:43 PM
May 2019

Spare me the postureing, you don't have the "high ground" like you seem to think just because you're taking a more conformist stance. If you had any reading comprehension at all you would recognize that the point of my argument was specifically about the APPEAL of MP100 and not the clumsily delivered message of the show which features the juvenile mindset of what I mentioned previously "beating someone to a pulp, then giving them a lecture to show how righteous you are." But I see you're too caught up in your own narrative dichotomy of good guys and bad guys on the internet.
May 28, 2019 7:43 PM

Sep 2009
Dang... my mans was lookin' CRISPY after that battle, Armin's a real one for taking on that heat for so long!!
May 28, 2019 7:50 PM
May 2016
Zoroft said:

Spare me the postureing, you don't have the "high ground" like you seem to think just because you're taking a more conformist stance. If you had any reading comprehension at all you would recognize that the point of my argument was specifically about the APPEAL of MP100 and not the clumsily delivered message of the show which features the juvenile mindset of what I mentioned previously of "beating someone to a pulp, then giving them a lecture to show righteous you are." But I see you're too caught up in your own narrative dichotomy of good guys and bad guys on the internet.

The irony in how incorrect your understanding of MP100 is discredits any potential relevance your posts could've had to this conversation, which were none because congratulations you replied to bait from a known shitposter in these forums and tried to start a random war between series for absolutely no reason. I don't even have to guess to know you've not seen MP100, considering the first and 2nd season directly contradict your belief of it being a clumsy powerfantasy when the series' greatest moments have all been that of brilliant characterization and genuinely touching developments that are as far-removed from the fights as could be. It sounds more like you are just fuming that it's successful (and deservedly so at that) and you can't possibly understand why so many people love it. I'm not the one making a fool out of myself by being a jaded moron for no reason, so perhaps the next time you try and "own" a troll you should read your own posts to make sure you don't sound stupider than them, which is an achievement considering who you were initially replying to.
May 28, 2019 8:03 PM
May 2019

Again you keep going off into your own simple minded stereotypical narrative and projecting your insecurity all over the place, calling someone a jaded moron just because they don't have the same high regard for a show you do and of course claim that they just didn't get it afterwards. Pretty pretentious I'd say.

Now I'm forced to repeat myself because you completely ignored the point AGAIN. SO ONCE MORE I WAS SPECIFICALLY TALKING ABOUT THE APPEAL OF THE SHOW, not what you think the show is about you sperg BUT THE ASPECT THAT DRAWS PEOPLE IN AND HYPES THEM UP.
May 28, 2019 11:06 PM
Apr 2019
Worst episode I have ever seen, why would they kill of Armin? This is almost as bad as when twd killed Carrrrrrl
May 28, 2019 11:11 PM
Mar 2016
Eyal_Oged said:
I seriously need help I can't wait for the next episode and I keep wasting my time reading more and more discussions about this to try to help that lol
haha 🤘🏼 Don’t worry! Most people do the same thing 😝
May 28, 2019 11:11 PM
Mar 2016
This was hands down the best episode i’ve ever seen!!
May 28, 2019 11:55 PM

May 2019
MathsBook said:
Eyal_Oged said:
haha 🤘🏼 Don’t worry! Most people do the same thing 😝

Yeah or maybe rewatch all seasons which i did... 😆😆😆
May 29, 2019 12:18 AM

Jan 2018
elementex said:
Worst episode I have ever seen, why would they kill of Armin? This is almost as bad as when twd killed Carrrrrrl
lol surely you can't think it was that bad, Carl dying made no sense at all, but armin dying does tbh.
May 29, 2019 12:53 AM
Jan 2018
Thorf said:
elementex said:
lol surely you can't think it was that bad, Carl dying made no sense at all, but armin dying does tbh.

And hardly anyone gave a shit about Carl anyway . People wanted him gone since s2
May 29, 2019 1:41 AM

Jul 2015
what the fuck was that.. damn had me on the edge of my bed the whole time
May 29, 2019 1:44 AM
Apr 2019
Mattinator95 said:
Thorf said:

And hardly anyone gave a shit about Carl anyway . People wanted him gone since s2

So wrong, Carl carried the show and Carly x Enid was the best ship of the show by far
May 29, 2019 1:46 AM
Apr 2019
Thorf said:
elementex said:

Just because he died heroically doesn’t mean it’s good, killing off characters that make the show work is just a bad idea. Arming was their master tactician, wtf are they supposed to do without him?

This show just lost me tbh
elementexMay 29, 2019 1:50 AM
May 29, 2019 2:18 AM

Dec 2014
Zoroft said:

Of course it's the guy who has bnha, opm, mp100 AND Eva (Gotta show I'm sophisticated too) as hisfavs not liking that AoT is getting ahead. What a joke, you're so shallow and easy to see through.

No clue who you are talking about considering I don't like BNHA too much, specially not lately.

Sorry for liking other shows, that really makes your opinion more valid.

You seem to have made your account very recently just to defend your favorite show, you are not helping your case insecure Andy.
VenumidasMay 29, 2019 2:21 AM
May 29, 2019 2:33 AM

Dec 2013
Levi vs Beast Titan top! Love it... but at the same time I cried my eyes out because of whats going to happen in next episode as I could predict by the end of this one. I really dont want to see it.
❑ Single (¬‿¬)
❑ Taken (¬‿¬)

✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist φ(°ρ°*)
May 29, 2019 3:06 AM

Jan 2018
elementex said:
Thorf said:

Just because he died heroically doesn’t mean it’s good, killing off characters that make the show work is just a bad idea. Arming was their master tactician, wtf are they supposed to do without him?

This show just lost me tbh
You never know, Erwin might even live. Also, there's still Hange who's being set up to take over the scouts, because in season 3 part 1 Erwin named her the next commander. She's very clever, so there's still hope. Also, it's lucky all they lost WAS armin and Erwin, because in exchange of their deaths, they took down three of the titans. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
May 29, 2019 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Modernoir said:
Zoroft said:

As if you acting like a pretentious twat makes you better than him. "LOL you like THESE shows therefore your opinion is inherently below mine, aren't I so sophisticated for looking down on people for liking popular things despite liking AoT? XD"
Way to embarrass the actual fans of this series. The shows you listed (aside from bnha) are all utterly fantastic in their own rights too, not everything has to be a dickwaving competition.
if you don't like BNHA you're not a fan of shounen. Its just how it is.
May 29, 2019 4:24 AM
May 2019
@ABDoesThings

You can still like Shonen and not like BNHA, its not like you're automatically forced to like bnha to like shonen, thats retarded no offense.
May 29, 2019 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
Weebover9000 said:
@ABDoesThings

You can still like Shonen and not like BNHA, its not like you're automatically forced to like bnha to like shonen, thats retarded no offense.
look if you come from naruto or bleach and that shit and you're looking for a banging ass battle shounen, I'm sorry BNHA is that shounen. Its got everything a typical battle shounen should have and even excels in a lot of places such as in the use of cliches by dealing niches at instances every now and then. There's a reason why it's so popular and also that very reason is the cause of its widespread hate. Dont mistake me when I'm saying this but I didn't mean all shounen. I'm specifically talking about battle shounen in particular.
May 29, 2019 4:35 AM
May 2019
ABDoesThings said:
Weebover9000 said:
@ABDoesThings

look if you come from naruto or bleach and that shit and you're looking for a banging ass battle shounen, I'm sorry BNHA is that shounen. Its got everything a typical battle shounen should have and even excels in a lot of places such as in the use of cliches by dealing niches at instances every now and then. There's a reason why it's so popular and also that very reason is the cause of its widespread hate. Dont mistake me when I'm saying this but I didn't mean all shounen. I'm specifically talking about battle shounen in particular.

Still, its kind of asinine to say you aint a fan of shonen if you dont like x show, who are you to decide that with other peoples taste in shonen.
May 29, 2019 4:38 AM
Nov 2018
Zoroft said:

His intention at down playing the episode because it was getting more praise than the shows he liked was obvious. Besides no one's more of a pretentious twat than MP100 fans pretending their show has an ounce of depth and that they're not just jerking off to the power fantasy of "you don't want to make me mad or I'm going to show you how awesome I am by beating you to a pulp, and then tell you how I righteous I am about it afterwards" against a bunch of 1d villains. Pathetic.

Friend it seems that you have serious problems with Mob Psycho 100,i don't know what the show did wrong for you to call it pathetic but talking about Pretentious twat in a thread about Shingeki no Kyojin is delirious, just by the size of the fanbase Aot is more full of pretentious twats than Mob Psycho fanbase. Delirious.
May 29, 2019 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
Weebover9000 said:
ABDoesThings said:

Still, its kind of asinine to say you aint a fan of shonen if you dont like x show, who are you to decide that with other peoples taste in shonen.
I don't know, if you like battle shounen, MHA is your thing. It's kind of a guarantee.
May 29, 2019 5:32 AM
May 2019
ABDoesThings said:
Weebover9000 said:

I don't know, if you like battle shounen, MHA is your thing. It's kind of a guarantee.

Yeah, this is like talking to a brick wall, im done
May 29, 2019 5:41 AM

Mar 2011
Armin can't be dead...

I think he will end up taking the beast titan's power. Still unsure about the other two, will they kill them and/or take their power?

hmm.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

May 29, 2019 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
Weebover9000 said:
ABDoesThings said:

MHA's popularity speaks for itself. I'm not even a hardcore fan here. I'm just a lover of battle shounen.
May 29, 2019 7:08 AM
Apr 2019
ABDoesThings said:
Weebover9000 said:

MHA's popularity speaks for itself. I'm not even a hardcore fan here. I'm just a lover of battle shounen.

I too like mha, but it doesn’t measure up to bc
May 29, 2019 7:23 AM

Dec 2008
I'VE LIKED REWATCHED THIS EPISODE FOR SO MANY TIMES.
That Levi vs Beast Titan animation..!!!! I finally got to see it animated ;o;
It's just so godly ;o;

and anime has finally showed burnt-to-death Armin ;o;
May 29, 2019 7:35 AM

Apr 2018
I love the Eren-armin vs Bertholt scene, the beast titan vs levi is a meh for me. The time when levi start scream while swinging his sword, It's remind me of jojo, if only levi yell muda2, that would be better. LoL

and talk about animation, I like levi vs kenny Squad better than this levi vs beast fight.

And Don't get me wrong, this season is great, but I just love the first two season better than this.
May 29, 2019 10:43 AM
Mar 2018
why can't we rate this more than 5, maybe 10 or 100 or just 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
i'm just mind fucked by this episode
i love aot!!
May 29, 2019 11:21 AM

Sep 2011
I didn't expect that Eren's team would be able to win, although Armin has to be the sacrifice.

May 29, 2019 12:54 PM

Oct 2012
Levi should have used the syringe on himself... thts my only qualm w this episode... fckin amazing

RIP armin the fuckin realest
May 29, 2019 1:13 PM

Apr 2013
not a manga reader but I think it's clear that
Click this and you might get spoiled but this is just my personal opinion on what would happen next.
Pages (15) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.