Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 29, 2019 12:30 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Another great episode!

Tohru is blessed to have such wonderful friends and her friends too for having Tohru. Lots of great comedic moments this episode, lol @ Yuki’s attempt at diverting attention from Tohru and the Usagi and Uo-chan’s wave reports xD. Shigure’s heart probably broke out of his chest there lmao and the cat vs rat reference, great stuff lol.

I feel like this episode was a little fast paced (so it’s fine) compared to the previous episodes and I’m painfully aware that it’ll probably only speed up from here onwards but here’s to hoping it doesn’t feel off.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 30, 2019 2:20 AM

Aug 2017
Not good as the last episode but it was ok, I guess.

Tohru has some good friends....we know more about the blond kid and that weird doctor. That macaroni and cheese scene was funny lol.

Is Yuki the guy from the Tohru's childhood? Also, who is Akito?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 30, 2019 7:41 AM

Nov 2011
Ngl I've been listening to Lucky Ending on repeat. It's grown on me.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Jun 7, 2019 8:15 PM

Apr 2018
I'm not gonna lie... I miss Shigure's "high school girl" theme. LOL. Any one else?
Jun 9, 2019 9:56 AM

Apr 2018
Tohru is so precious. I wonder what animal Hatori is
Jun 19, 2019 2:54 AM

Mar 2010
tohru looked like such a drama queen when she stood up in "shock" when she found out he was a author lol.

Her shocked face

they dont find it creepy that the boy knew where she lived?

and yep i gotta take a break from the show
StardewJun 19, 2019 3:01 AM
Aug 10, 2019 8:05 PM

Jul 2016
I think I have never said it before but man, I'm so in love with Uo's character design. She's simply gorgeous.

Overall, it was another lovely episode. The sequence featuring the story about how Tooru received the hat was interesting but what I really loved was the interactions she had with her friends throughout the episode. The bond they share is so heartwarming I would really love to see more of Uo and Hana later on.
Sep 2, 2019 7:50 PM

May 2009
Hatori's character design....

2001/manga spoiler below

Sep 14, 2019 12:35 AM

Dec 2013
I liked how surprised Toru was when she learned about Shigure's job.

Toru has some loyal friends!
Dec 5, 2019 3:52 AM

Mar 2015
That sleepover looked quite fun!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 14, 2020 4:28 AM

Feb 2017
Ahhh, a foreigner and of course he is German, half German in this case. If anyone looks like a girl in this show that's him and not Yuki lol.
Mar 27, 2020 9:40 PM

Feb 2019
Although I get it that the boy in the dream is probably either Yuki or Kyo, by the looks of it (the outline, I mean), it looks more Yuki than Kyo, but I assume we'll see sooner or later.

Tohru has such good friends in Uo and Hana!

Was that a picture of Tohru's mom at Hatori's desk?

Damn, now I'm curious.
Mar 30, 2020 10:05 PM

Nov 2014
I loved how the new anime has better pacing than the old one. Each episode has like 2 episodes from the older version makes it a lesser dull than the old one.

May 9, 2020 7:04 PM

Dec 2013
Ohhhhh. I thought they're going to show the commotion that happened when Tohru's friends visited. That's one of my fave part. Anyway loled at the part when Hatori snapped a photo
( ╹▽╹ )

6AMDiary said:
I'm not gonna lie... I miss Shigure's "high school girl" theme. LOL. Any one else?

Mee!!!
_kukiyomenaiMay 9, 2020 7:08 PM

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 5, 2020 3:01 PM

May 2013
HARIIIIIIIIIIII TT^TT I'm not ready for his backstory, AHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU </3

Got to see my lil Momiji bby tho -^.^-
Jul 19, 2020 11:54 PM
Oct 2019
Her two girl friends are pretty great. I still don't understand what "waves" are though. The hat story was nice. I wonder which Soma it was, because it has to be one of them.

There's just the right amount of comical fighting and witty banter to go along with the cute and tender parts. This is currently one of my favorite shows. Excited to see where this goes.
Jul 21, 2020 2:54 PM

Jan 2016
One of my favorite episodes. Am I the only one who noticed how messy Yuki's room was?
Sep 17, 2020 6:15 AM

Mar 2016
Phew, what an ending! I am worried about Tohru... Looking forward to the next episode! I wish she had told her friends she was living in a tent at the time though, they could have thought about a solution together, that's what friends are for. Anyway, I admire Tohru's sense of gratitude for what she has, but her self-esteem is low: pump it up, Tohru!So much love in her heart, she deserves to appreciate and love herself more, in my opinion.
Nov 10, 2020 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
What is the song with that starts with the thick bass when Tohru's friends comes over? That stuff hits hard ngl
Jan 29, 2021 9:08 AM

May 2015
Wild bunny appeared. Gonna catch him!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 22, 2021 5:37 AM

Jun 2019
What great friends Tohru has. I love their friendship.
Apr 4, 2021 10:27 AM

Mar 2010
I want wave gal to rape me until i'm broken.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 2021 8:13 AM

Apr 2020
I'm guessing Hatori is either the Horse or the Ox.

Ok, Imma go with the Ox
Jun 28, 2021 12:21 PM

Jan 2021
''Is this cannibalism?'' LMAO
CalmTeaTimeMay 2, 2023 3:38 PM
Sep 9, 2021 2:26 AM

Jul 2015
Damn never expected Yuki to turn out to be a crossdressing trap. Akito fellow really seems like he's going to cause some trouble if he ever met Tohru judging what Shigure said to him.

Nov 2, 2021 5:14 PM
Apr 2021
Tohru is such a sweet girl. She is so grateful and in all honesty should be a role-model. She is hard-working and doesn't dwell on the past. She accepts the past for what it was and learned from it, as seen in her recounting of her childhood bullying. Despite that she is grateful for everything she has, although the situation is a difficult one.
Nov 16, 2021 10:39 AM

Dec 2007
remember this episode being funnier in the first series, maybe it's meaning this one is targeting at more tragic/drama course.

the hat story for me feels as it has more than we saw in this episode.
Nov 19, 2021 6:22 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Alright so maybe the final season is really great and I'm missing out on some really great stuff. But I honestly don't think sitting through this will make it all worth it, sorry fans.

This anime feels like a piece of bread. Maybe it's a nice clean slice of fresh baked bread, perhaps it's perfectly toasted. Let's say it's got a nice portion of butter that melted nicely on top of it. But it's still just a slice of toast. There's no meat, no cheese, no sauce, no veggies, to make it a full on sandwich that would be satisfactory as a meal.

Fruits Basket seems to be perfectly fine. I can find absolutely nothing to complain about before becoming a sour puss and going into petty nitpicks. But it still just isn't doing it for me. This is entirely on me, but I just can't stand Tohru just being so smiley, happy, and bouncy all the time, and her high-pitched voice doesn't help. Again, this is not a complaint or a critique, but just nothing more than a pathetic little nitpick. But it's a nitpick that's prominent enough for me to drop this show right here. She would've work as a side character, but she's not a side character. I hate to say it, but hearing her constantly just comes off as annoying.

This is probably the king (or queen, I guess) of all shoujo. The girls are the ones who really love stuff like this. They are the ones who have watched stuff like ouran highschool host club, or akatsuki no yona, with your femboys and boys just being feminine. If that's your thing, then that's fine, you do you fam. But it's a major turn off for me.

Even with the lovable characters and the good production value shown in the visuals, soundtrack, and voice acting, it all just feels flat, plain, empty, dull, and boring on the inside. Maybe it's because I was in search of a rom-com with a compelling story, if there is such a thing. But if there were, I'd have bet all my chips on Fruits Basket. I'm glad I didn't though.

If you're looking for a plain good old time with some likable fun characters, this will probably knock the ball straight out of the park for you. But for me, I wanted a bit more meat to my sandwich.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 24, 2022 1:17 AM
Jun 2022
Similarities between Tohru and I this episode:
- Both being the type of person who puts so much effort into friendship, but not always getting it reciprocated back.
- Both hiding when things get tough, we don't burden people, which can make people feel like they weren't there for us. Or just having people in our lives that don't have the capacity to be there for us when we need them.
- Both of us only seeming to reach out to people when we are really desperately struggling.

I am someone who always puts others first, even if it doesn't mean getting anything back. Even when I'm really struggling, and I'm in a dark place myself. Because even though I need love and support myself, I wouldn't want to burden anyone, so I'd put others before myself, like Tohru. And only really reach out when I'm really desperate.

So it was bittersweet to see Tohru's friends "give her away to the Sohma family. The girls realised how amazing Tohru is as a person, and realised that they couldn't give as much to her as she deserved. I really hope the Sohma family give Tohru the love she really deserves.

Also, we got to meet a new Zodiac animal. The foreign boy, who I thought was a girl, who is also a rabbit. And that was pretty cool.
MissAmelia19Jul 31, 2022 2:40 AM
Nov 17, 2022 9:47 PM

Aug 2022

I love them <3

Tohru's character makes me cringe in a good way since we share similarities. It can be taxing to pretend everything is fine. I am almost sure we will explore some mental breakdown at some point in the anime. It's bound to happen. But she has good people who care for her, so I'm not too worried.

Another great episode!
𝓘 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼.

Feb 25, 2023 1:46 PM
Dec 2022
amazing anime
(wondahoi)
Jul 28, 2023 9:21 AM

Apr 2021
So her friends come to the Soma household eh? That said I really like the vibe of the show.
Aug 21, 2023 7:48 PM

Mar 2022
The school festival was a blast to get through especially with Yuki just dressing like a girl and then later having him distract the other students was just hilarious. At the same time I was laughing at the absurdity of it all but also feeling his pain as he was just embarrassed the poor guy. 
We finally get an introduction to Momoji and Hatori in this episode and are also revealed to members of the Souma family. Apparently the former was irresponsible with the transformation because it nearly cost the secret being blown. 
Love that Shigure just wanted a photo of Kyo and Yuki together smiling. XD
Tohru’s definitely got good friends there as they certainly have her back and were just worried about her and paid a visit to the Souma household. We even got to learn about how Tohru herself got the hat from which was pretty sweet. 
I wonder what the phone call between Tohru and Hatori will lead to in the next episode. Whatever the case, it’ll be interesting definitely very interesting indeed. 
Dec 1, 2023 7:30 PM

Nov 2023
I like festivals! I also like school! I like school festivasl
Feb 9, 6:36 PM

Aug 2022
This episode has me all mixed up in the best way! As a rabbit lover myself, I couldn't help but giggle at the portrayal of the rabbit-guy. My bunnies would never be as cuddly as him—they're more like the boar girl in their behavior, honestly. 🐰 But then, it's all about the zodiac spirits, so who's to say what's accurate in this whimsical world? The highlight for me, though, was definitely the moments between Yuki and the MC. When Yuki told her she's more than just cute, I swear my heart skipped a beat! ❤️ And the mystery of the hat from her childhood is driving me crazy. I'm so curious to find out who it was that gave it to her. I'm leaning towards it not being Yuki (though part of me hopes it is), maybe this Akito character? It's taking all my willpower not to look up spoilers! 😂 Plus, can we talk about how amazing the MC's best friends are? They add such a fantastic layer to the story. This show just keeps getting better! 🌟
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

130 by razornamidablood »»
Apr 22, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

117 by ashura_chan »»
Apr 9, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

217 by bruh98hy89 »»
Mar 29, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

231 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 17, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

123 by Jordanrane02 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.