Forums
New
May 7, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2010
REDACTED... REDACTED... REDACTED...
LemonKushFeb 11, 2021 8:19 PM
May 7, 2019 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
Life is only really worth it when you have ur dream job and irl waifu. For now if you haven't achieved those things ur life is just a long hurdle, gl till that day happens.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
May 7, 2019 11:30 AM

Aug 2016
LemonKush said:
is life really worth it?

This is a question you have to answer yourself. Noone can answer this one for you.

LemonKush said:
"It'll get better". Does it?

There is no answer. For some yes, for some no.

LemonKush said:
Do you honestly think that everyone will enjoy life if they just wait?

Just wait for what? You are at least sleeping/eating/breathing, generally speaking you do some activities. If you wait for life to "get better" it probably won't. But again, everyone experiences life differently.
May 7, 2019 11:31 AM
Oct 2018
Mid life crises

We all go through that and that's what help us evolve into better and at times worse version of ours. Saturn the cosmic teachers makes lives of earthlings miserable. But those who overcome this test of life have better future ahead of them.
May 7, 2019 11:34 AM

Mar 2011
Is this like asking"what's the point"? or similar to line of thinking?
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
May 7, 2019 11:44 AM
Oct 2018
For future posters with mid life crises.

Goto astrology website(Indian)

Check placement of your Saturn. You need to learn the karmic lesson related to house Saturn is placed in.
May 7, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2019
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Life is only really worth it when you have ur dream job and irl waifu. For now if you haven't achieved those things ur life is just a long hurdle, gl till that day happens.

Eh, you're right about all those, but not everyone needs a partner to be happy.
Friends work just fine for me.
May 7, 2019 11:46 AM

Oct 2018
I've seen couples fight real bad and break up over the years. I don't need a partner to make life worth it. If I like someone I'll tell them and not expect them to come begging for me.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
May 7, 2019 11:55 AM

Mar 2017
Camus believed living life is the badass rebellion one can do because of the absurdity of it all.
"How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it’s just words.”
― David Foster Wallace, The Pale King

[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/squideyes&sclick=1]
May 7, 2019 12:01 PM

Aug 2016
squideyes said:
Camus believed living life is the badass rebellion one can do because of the absurdity of it all.

That's a ncie summary of Camus' works :D
May 7, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2018
OP are you a doomer too?
Life can be worth it.
May 7, 2019 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
-Nightshade- said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

Eh, you're right about all those, but not everyone needs a partner to be happy.
Friends work just fine for me.

True, having bffs, bruhs, and brother from another mother can make life just as good as if you had a love in your life. Kinda sucks that both relationships can die out *sigh*

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
May 7, 2019 12:17 PM

Sep 2018
LemonKush said:
I'm sure there have been many posts similar to this one, people down on life looking to anyone who is willing to respond but realistically is life really worth it?

the buddah says life is suffering. People who don't have families suffer because they lack family, people who have family suffer because of their family. Applies to food, riches, etc.

To some extent, the more you try to find the worthiness in living, the more you will find that life will not fit into your rigid image of it, all the more you'll say "aha, i knew it"!(confirmation bias)
Over 100+ cognitive biases that hinder your brain, and since you live and see the world through your brain like a lens, your frame of mind constructs the world you live in.

My advice OP, is to just be honest to yourself, be sad when you want to be sad, be happy when you want to be happy, which I even struggle to do lol.
May 7, 2019 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
Of course not but people will tell you that to comfort you , themselves, or both.

Sometimes there is no happy ending and things only go downhill.

I hope that's not the case for you but it very well could be. As for everyone who feels like they're teetering on the edge.

Nevertheless, I hope you have something to live for. Truly from the bottom of my heart. Too much death in the world honestly. It almost makes me emotional.
May 7, 2019 2:04 PM
Oct 2018
So what will you do if, through some revelation, you are to figure out that life indeed is not worth it?
--
May 7, 2019 2:04 PM

Mar 2011
LemonKush said:

Similar, I've lived the last eight years trying to find a reason to live but I've found nothing. I'm neither young or old, I still don't know why I continue forward.
Hm, perhaps the name of the goal is purpose--is that what seems missing?

@Theoderic: Only the next logical step, which is to find more answers than become a "whatever"--either continues or ceases.
SilverstormMay 7, 2019 2:07 PM
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
May 7, 2019 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
I don't think everyone will enjoy life if they just wait.
Nothing good comes from waiting.
Life happens when you do things. They might feel wrong or silly at the time you do them, but when you look back, you will realize that all the silly things you did in the past were just ways of "living the life to the fullest".
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
May 7, 2019 3:08 PM

Jun 2015
u try to convince urself its worth it and then you end up 20 posting on anime forums with a bunch of kids... wait...
May 7, 2019 3:08 PM

Aug 2014
You're on my friends list, but I don't think we ever had a conversation. Worth is subjective. Life is what you make it. If you want things to get better, you have to take action to make it happen. Don't just wait around. When most people feel their life is worth it, they experience a level of satisfaction derived from a certain configuration of fortunate events. It doesn't need to be anything complex; it can be whatever you enjoy. For me, music is life's greatest pleasure.
May 7, 2019 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
LemonKush said:
Life can be great but can any one person really know enough about anyone to say that life is worth living? The common phrase is "It'll get better". Does it?

Nobody can look into the future, therefore does nobody know, if it will get better.
Still, as long as you are alive, you have the chance that it will get better. (When there is no realistic threat like a deadly illness.)
If you are dead, you don't have any chances anymore.

LemonKush said:
Do you honestly think that everyone will enjoy life if they just wait?

No, in a way that you have to take someone's life circumstances in consideration. Like I said, if someone has a deadly illness for example, words like that could come of like mockery.
Also, most people in a depressive hole don't want to hear such phrases too.

But like I said in another thread: People wait for the next big event in their life that should bring them a moment of happiness. If you reached that stage in your life, but you didn't learn how to be happy on daily basis, you will always find something to complain about and start to think that your next goal finally would bring you luck. Not that complaining per se is bad and you can't feel content with your life all the time (and it's important to know what's wrong too), but some people just "want / need" to feel miserable. Whether they don't believe to deserve it, don't know how to be happy, want pity themselves or someone else's sympathy or else... it's important to change the inner attitude too and not only the circumstance.
removed-userMay 7, 2019 3:31 PM
May 7, 2019 3:33 PM

Jan 2017
hell ya dawg life is worth it. yes, there may be ups and downs. that’s something that comes with playing this game we call life.

if u find yourself unhappy, my advice would be to change some things around. whether it be something really small, really medium, or really big and constantly do so. (shoutout to my boy @pure for this piece of advice)

you’ll find out things for yourself, sort of like playing connect the dots, except you place where the dots are, instead of them being placed for you. don’t like this dot? ok wait a bit, tweak it, then move on. like this dot? ok stay here for a bit and tweak it, then move on, or tweak it endlessly if u like it that much.

books are good too. read the dark ones if you are in a dark place. i find it helps me accept myself and i work on myself internally. or read inspiring/uplifting literature if that could help inspire you to live.

follow your stupid ideas too, by stupid i mean the ones that spark and ignite your curiosity in a healthy, productive way.

don’t beat yourself up too much. have compassion for yourself

just some ideas off the top of my head. you don’t necessarily have to follow them to a T, nor do i admit they will work as all of us have different life circumstances.

good luck friend
May 7, 2019 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
LemonKush said:
So many replies, I'll try to reply to as much as I can in one post. I would like to think that having people around whether they are friends or a relationship but with the odds of a successful true friend or faithful relationship is nearly impossible. I've lived my life on the internet, this happened before the internet really hit its boom and within the time I've been online I've seen people come and go.

I understand that if I stop trusting and looking then I will never find friends (online or offline) I don't blame others, I've just locked myself in and I don't have much trust to give anymore.

Each day becomes another stressful experience and if I truly knew that life never got better then I'd choose the selfish way out. I offer nothing currently and taking up space isn't great either.

I can't say the purpose is what is missing, I've done a lot in my short time on earth (even though it feels like forever) It feels like no matter what I do I'm never happy, I have a life that many people in the world would like to have but I feel out of place or lost.

I guess I'm just sick of waking up every day, eating alone and taking pills just to feel average. I know what I have isn't bad and I'm not looking for money or fame, I just want to feel normal someday.

Sorry, haven't seen the answer while writing mine.

The saying "a life many people in the world would like to have" is always misplaced, imo. They couldn't know, if they want your life, if they aren't you, since it's easy to imagine that others have it better.

I guess, if you locked yourself more or less you could have forgotten how to deal with some situations, so you avoid them?
May 7, 2019 4:48 PM

Jan 2009
be an existentialist that says "life is meaningless until you give it meaning"
May 7, 2019 5:30 PM

Jan 2013
wow this is such a depressing question.
but i would say yes.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
May 7, 2019 7:59 PM

Mar 2018
no and it will never be worth it.. just kys already :X
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
May 7, 2019 8:11 PM

Sep 2018
Can’t answer it for you, but I guess it just depends. Many times life has seemed like nothing but a bother and a waste of time, i was ready to just blast outta here, but sometimes there’s small things that keep us going. It’s up to you to find what makes your life purposeful, I got into art and collecting toys, so that gives me purpose, as dumb as it is.
May 7, 2019 8:24 PM
May 2016
It's only really worth it if after a long hard day of studying and not having a job or money or a house or a girlfriend or a social life I get to go home and cuddle with my waifu body pillows, and occassionally go to the pub to drink and watch the footy.
May 7, 2019 9:02 PM

May 2013
Not all flowers bloom but most do. Human beings are meant to bloom in much the same way.

But though unforgiving, life always seems to create more flowers.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 7, 2019 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
I believe if we continue to self-improve (character development) we will eventually get to where we want to be, and have the life that we want to have.

Sometimes little modifications in the thought-life just need to be fine-tuned/adjusted.

For that to happen, we need to challenge our mind when it wants to give into negativity, with the end result being defeat.

Challenging our mind allows us to snap out of these negative states of mind a lot more readily, and gives us the power to change direction so that we can fixate our focuses on better things that would naturally stimulate more positive emotions/feelings, etc.
May 7, 2019 9:45 PM

May 2018
Life is all about doing what you want.

You can only feel "life" if you're out of your parent's house.
May 7, 2019 11:03 PM

Feb 2015
I always thought life is what it is. I think we just exist here to experience it, be it in a tragic or beautiful way, or both, and we just sort of make a journey from there. Or may just be the way of the universe to know itself from countless perspectives, I don't even know. We're made of the stuff that also made the stars and it probably wants to see them with our eyes, if that's even the very selfish reason why we're here. I don't even fucking know either, I'm just doing a little rambling now.

But sure, you won't think it's worth it if you're a child who had its first memories in a middle of a famine and you're suffering from it, or some people tries to bring you down making you feel like shit about yourself. Makes you want to die now if that's how things is going to be until the end, and that's understandable albeit sad. Probably most would think that if they have no more control whatsoever once they're in a tight grip, or in a dead end.

Eh, not many of us would think it's worth it if we're going to suffer anyways. Even some people who are living their lives right now no doubt at some point suffered many times. Things aren't always perfect that we may have to remind ourselves that to finally come to terms. It's frustrating when we're lost and things doesn't come our way. Feeling empty everyday is just numbing. That's understandable too.

Just know in the end, we'd all go at the same destination that is Death, no matter how many turns, backflips, and tumbling we took.

May 7, 2019 11:26 PM

Aug 2016
Well that is something you should find out for yourself
>Build up a life you could be proud of
May 7, 2019 11:28 PM

Feb 2010
Do you know anything else worth more?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 8, 2019 4:21 AM
Dec 2010
When you ask someone else the question of if life is worth living, then all that somebody can do is answer how much his/her life has been spent living with a sense of worth. People can't answer that question for you, they can only give you examples of what they find in life making it interesting for them. The question is also built around an identity of themselves. You can't really answer the question without first also answering how you made choices in life for yourself.

In other words, your attitude towards life matter. If you live life the way you learnt from it and how you wanted despite your circumstances then life probably is worth living to you. If you deny yourself of the life has to offer you in terms of learning and what you want, then you will live a life devoid of understanding what you really could achieve and do in life. You will live life depressed and regretful of the choices you didn't make for yourself.

You really ought to think on how life is for you because you will live life assuming and choosing those thoughts going forward in life. Take note of the better stuff in life you have and appreciate them and learn from the mistakes you make.

Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
May 8, 2019 7:27 AM

Nov 2015
Some people find its worth it. I think there's also a lot of people that have never asked themselves that question though, so I think if you feel the need to ask yourself that question you have the potential live a very fulfilling life.
May 8, 2019 7:57 AM

Oct 2018
That's a question that really can only be answered by oneself. You have to look into the aspects of your own life, and find qualities in it which you deem worthy of your survival.

May 8, 2019 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
Not everyone will enjoy life. Waiting doesn't do shit. Only actions can make things better.
May 8, 2019 9:18 AM

Mar 2012
Ever since I started working I get the feeling that life isn't worth living. But then again I'm afraid of death and need money to survive so I need to work, my job leaves me with no time for myself or anything, I've become a corporate slave.
May 8, 2019 11:13 AM
Feb 2017
LemonKush said:
Most people will never reach such prosperity, most people won't reach one of those two, let alone both.

But then you should ask yourself this question: "Am I suppose to prosper in this life?" Some people say "my life sucks because x" and don't look at the bright side of what they still do have, and others will say "I have nothing". A good perspective shift would be to not only think about yourself, but about the betterment for others.
May 9, 2019 8:03 AM

Aug 2013
I think each one find own sense, simply. So no one can say to others life is worth. Each one go on own way
May 9, 2019 11:34 AM

Aug 2016
LemonKush said:
I always waited for others to message me [...] I felt that if I messaged others then I may seem annoying [...]

Are you me?

Trying to find answers in blog posts or generally speaking trying to get answers from people is leading you nowhere anyway. You need to find the answers yourself. People never know what you have been through and don't know how you feel.

LemonKush said:
I know it's annoying when people vent or rant.

No! Not at all. People vent all the time about even much smaller issues they have in their lives. I don't see anything wrong with your posts.
May 10, 2019 3:44 PM

Nov 2016
squideyes said:

Living life responsibly*
Again, nice summary.

Life gets a lot more tolerable the more you try to view your individual, short-lived, circumstances as individual, short-lived, circumstances. In simple words, nod to your sufferings and tell them they are temporary. They may have permanent consequences but brotip: if you're busy nodding you wouldn't notice.
May 10, 2019 4:17 PM
Mar 2018
yes because then you would be dead. and being dead is bad
May 10, 2019 5:57 PM

Aug 2018
This is a nice thread, some of the replies are really insightful. According to me life has no inherent meaning so every person has to decide what their life's meaning is if they want to assign it a meaning at all. There's no right or wrong answer, just what's right for you.

The thought that there is no meaning inherent in life may sound bleak or depressing but it's how you interpret it. Once you get through the process of accepting this fact the only thing that remains is the here and now. You become liberated, everything can be the meaning of life because the choice is yours. There is no reason to do anything but there is also no reason not to do anything.
<Insert clever quote>
May 10, 2019 6:13 PM

Sep 2012
In general, not really. Life is pretty damn terrible.

Nearly everyone is stuck to a boring routine of wagecucking, traffic and house chores, making it through by getting intoxicated with alcohol or other drugs whenever possible, and clinging to pathetic ways of fighting the meaninglessness of death, such as raising children to make it seem like their legacy will go on after they're dead.

More topics from this board

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

73 by WaffleMaster89 »»
12 minutes ago

» is blocking users a admitance of cowardice?

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

11 by DigiCat »»
52 minutes ago

» Have you ever given up on major passions in your life? ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - May 1

50 by Zedlin »»
1 hour ago

» My computer auto turn off due to overheating when playing game, is there a way to reduce the overheating non-physically?

aLotQuestion_ - May 1

10 by Jozuwa-_- »»
1 hour ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything?

Ejrodiew - May 1

21 by Zedlin »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.