Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 5, 2019 12:19 PM

Apr 2017
oh man what a great episode. i'm so glad they included the panel of erwin standing on the corpses - was kinda worried they'd skip over it!

really enjoyed the animation with the thunder spears and 3DMG. levi vs beast titan is gonna be INSANE.
May 5, 2019 12:20 PM
Mar 2019
DupeusT31 said:
nanidatosama97 said:
@DupeusT31

Listen, a good chunk of people in the aot fanbase (which is the majority, rather than the minority), dont really care about disclosures and either look at their phone while the episode is on them or ignore em completely, so the flashback shouldn't be skipped.

I respect your opinion, but don't you agree it would be more surprising if there wasn't a flashback? Because in this case you would be apprehensive not knowing whether or not the spears would work on Reiner. The real explanation and how to use them is actually
after they used it on Reiner, which makes the flashback all the more dispensable to me.

Eh, its an anime cliche im used to at this point with all my years of anime watching, ive come to expect it to be done. I still think there were more positives than negatives in this episode though. For ex: the first person view while flying on the odm gear was a nice touch and really unique use of animation for the show.
May 5, 2019 12:21 PM

Apr 2019
i hope they dont censor the juicy part in the next episode..
You son of a .. turtle

May 5, 2019 12:22 PM

Jan 2009
Uchihakira said:
deg said:

lol you got to be joking

just look at the previous fight and how much sakuga it has

I amnot joking
Lol fight in season 2 was short as hell in terms of using sakuga because most of it was talking about strategies, while this fight isnot the main focus of the episode and it was animated well with level up quality of animation which gets close to real sakuga as wit studio isnot an expert in sakuga unlike pierrot or bones , but the quality of art got a little bit level down because of the time and budget but still an acceptable quality except reiner's face but I think it was a fault like when toei animation drew shanks with both hands in ace flashback , just dude rewatch the epsiode and you will enjoy it and stop catching faults for a great show like this

ok you do not know anything about sakuga and the anime industry then

sakuga is awesome animation and this fight between Eren and Reiner has none of it

they delayed this part of season 3 to get enough production time, which sadly the first 2 episodes show they still do not have enough, animation quality is usually high on the first few episodes of an anime especially for short shows like this 10 episodes part

most animators are freelancers especially the talented animators, and im not gonna be surprise if this episode only has 1 talented animator that did all the sakuga on thunder spear parts

and also Wit Studio is much smaller studio than Pierrot and BONES and animation quality is mainly determined by the contracted staff like available talented animators on the market and enough production time for those animators to draw/animate things good
May 5, 2019 12:23 PM

Sep 2017
Omg that cliffhanger! I literally shouted no at my screen. That was so great. I think there's a good chance Reiner or Bertolt will die this arc, but I wouldn't expect it to happen so soon. You can't even say he feel for their trap really. He just reasoned it would be worse for them if Eren was to hop and wall and run around to the front. But man he didn't expect those crazy rocket things. I love that it was Jean who said nah we have to do this when he was one who had a lot of trouble killing another human. Oh man I can't wait.
May 5, 2019 12:23 PM
Jun 2016
Uchihakira said:
Fappa said:

Don't hang yourself up with it man.

Certain individuals have their rose-tinted goggles on and will resort to defend their show with whatever means necessary. A healthy balance of standing one's ground but also allowing criticism is necessary but not everyone can pull that one off.

I amnot a fan of AOT but people always mismatch animation with art , Art dropped a little bit while animation is still good , they are using sakuga in a long fight so there must be some frames which look creepy but it's sakuga , so just don't pause the fight and enjoy

Uchihakira said:
Fappa said:

Don't hang yourself up with it man.

Certain individuals have their rose-tinted goggles on and will resort to defend their show with whatever means necessary. A healthy balance of standing one's ground but also allowing criticism is necessary but not everyone can pull that one off.

I amnot a fan of AOT but people always mismatch animation with art , Art dropped a little bit while animation is still good , they are using sakuga in a long fight so there must be some frames which look creepy but it's sakuga , so just don't pause the fight and enjoy

I might've been a little too harsh. There was plenty of sakuga, but I expected more. The first episode was so consistent and well produced that I was expecting they would extend Eren vs Reiner fight with a bunch of sakuga like Pierrot did with Naruto fights.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 12:27 PM
Oct 2018
deg said:
Uchihakira said:

I amnot joking
Lol fight in season 2 was short as hell in terms of using sakuga because most of it was talking about strategies, while this fight isnot the main focus of the episode and it was animated well with level up quality of animation which gets close to real sakuga as wit studio isnot an expert in sakuga unlike pierrot or bones , but the quality of art got a little bit level down because of the time and budget but still an acceptable quality except reiner's face but I think it was a fault like when toei animation drew shanks with both hands in ace flashback , just dude rewatch the epsiode and you will enjoy it and stop catching faults for a great show like this

sakuga is awesome animation and this fight between Eren and Reiner has none of it

they delayed this part of season 3 to get enough production time, which sadly the first 2 episodes show they still do not have enough, animation quality is usually high on the first few episodes of an anime especially for short shows like this 10 episodes part

most animators are freelancers especially the talented animators, and im not gonna be surprise if this episode only has 1 talented animator that did all the sakuga on thunder spear parts

and also Wit Studio is much smaller studio than Pierrot and BONES and animation quality is mainly determined by the contracted staff like available talented animators on the market and enough production time for those animators to draw/animate things good

I won't argue with you
You watched the epsiode while closing your eyes didn't you ??
Hands down you don't know the difference between sakuga and art , when animators use sakuga the quality of art won't be stable just some frames and in pain vs naruto fight one talented animator made it , he was interviewed on crunchyroll , I amnot saying that they didn't use sakuga in season 2 but the fight was short not like long sakuga fights and today's fight was a long one and they used sakuga in it , I am sure you noticed bad frames but it's sakuga , so it's natural , just enjoy the show dude and stop catching faults in every epsiode
UchihakiraMay 5, 2019 12:31 PM
May 5, 2019 12:30 PM

Jan 2009
Uchihakira said:
deg said:

I won't argue with you
Hands down you don't know the difference between sakuga and art , when animators use sakuga the quality of art won't be stable just some frames

you do not even know what sakuga means lol

and no i know that animation should be judge by the entire motion of the scene and not just from looking at still frames when you pause it
May 5, 2019 12:30 PM

Nov 2016
Erwins characterization and the imagery were on spot and the rest of the episode was top too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2019 12:32 PM

Nov 2017
Anywhere I can watch it? Cuz as far as I know Erai-raws hasn't translated it yet ;/

May 5, 2019 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
Dagvi said:
Anywhere I can watch it? Cuz as far as I know Erai-raws hasn't translated it yet ;/

err HorribleSubs have it already
May 5, 2019 12:35 PM
May 2016
Excellent episode. Every time this show comes back on air I'm more and more secure in thinking this series is going to shape up into a modern classic. The tone was brilliant all the way through, god I love how broody it all was. Erwin's significant moment of characterisation was done so damn well, so fucking powerful. But god there were so many moments similarly throughout the ep. I felt like rooting for both sides at several points but I love just how human all the characters genuinely are. Props as well for the really solid voice acting, I can't wait to see what's coming next.
May 5, 2019 12:35 PM

Nov 2017
deg said:
Dagvi said:

Thank you dear sire!

May 5, 2019 12:36 PM
Oct 2018
DupeusT31 said:
Uchihakira said:

Uchihakira said:

I might've been a little too harsh. There was plenty of sakuga, but I expected more. The first episode was so consistent and well produced that I was expecting they would extend Eren vs Reiner fight with a bunch of sakuga like Pierrot did with Naruto fights.

Lol extending fights is the most dangerous thing ever , it needs a great talented animator and naruto's animator is one of the best in the industry and this epsiode didn't focus on this fight mainly they focused on thunder spears
Wait for the episode which focus on fights and not introduce new items and with this sakuga level they will blow your mind
May 5, 2019 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
Good episode, loved the mindgame of Erwin towards Reiner.

Seems next week we're getting the 'nuke'
May 5, 2019 12:39 PM

Jan 2009
Dagvi said:
deg said:

Thank you dear sire!

no problem, and Erai-raws afaik are just web-rippers like HorribleSubs so they just copy all of the video including the subtitles from legal streaming sites like CrunchyRoll
May 5, 2019 12:40 PM
Oct 2018
deg said:
Uchihakira said:

I won't argue with you
Hands down you don't know the difference between sakuga and art , when animators use sakuga the quality of art won't be stable just some frames

and no i know that animation should be judge by the entire motion of the scene and not just from looking at still frames when you pause it

Hmmmmmm
I know it better than you
So argument is over
So what's sakuga in your amateur's view ?? Little rookie
May 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Jun 2009
Erwin's inner monolog is easily the best part of the episode.

Also, the music that was playing during Eren vs Reiner fight is a great choice.
May 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
Uchihakira said:
deg said:

Hmmmmmm
So argument is over

err ye keep telling that to yourself

the only explanation i can think of here is that you are using the literal word translation of sakuga which is animation so all animation to you is sakuga anyway lol
May 5, 2019 12:43 PM

Oct 2018
Erwin is the best character and this episode was good but I hope they don't censor next episode
May 5, 2019 12:45 PM
May 2016
amine60__SBD said:
what was that ost they used in the last minutes????,it's like the director saying "hey this is a cool scene,let's ruin it by using an anticlimactic ost".

Maybe they wanted something more fitting to 'killing your friend' than 'hype and action'
May 5, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 2013
The animation was a lot better in the first episode, not sure why it dropped in this one.

The battle between the titans was cool, but all those info dumps made it seem like a slow episode.

Also why the fuck did I feel bad for Reiner at some point? Smh. Die bitch
May 5, 2019 12:52 PM
Sep 2017
The CGI is distracting, they shouldn´t use it for the horses or for the fight between Eren and Reiner.
Sep 2017
The CGI is distracting, they shouldn´t use it for the horses or for the fight between Eren and Reiner.

Dec 2015
sevshiro said:
Yo the story is progressing well, got to see
another intelligent titan. Well it's just the start, epic battle yet to come. But felt good when Reiner got his face punched *u deserve it* xD

This is a spoiler. You should edit your conment.
There are a lot of people who only watch the anime here.
May 5, 2019 12:53 PM
Oct 2018
deg said:
Uchihakira said:

Hmmmmmm
So argument is over

the only explanation i can think of here is that you are using the literal word translation of sakuga which is animation so all animation to you is sakuga anyway lol

Hmmmm
I have never metioned that before , many shows aren't actually using sakuga like one piece
But you are an expert in shit so you can know who knows sakuga and who don't without saying anything which makes you say so , just keep your judging mindlessly for yourself and Don't judge people's knowledge from nothing
It's like I am talking about apples and then you said OHHH that means you don't know what oranges mean while I didn't even tipped for that well arguement is over I won't reply again for such a conversation with mister nonsense judge
May 5, 2019 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
Uchihakira said:
deg said:

Hmmmm
I have never metioned that before , many shows aren't actually using sakuga like one piece
But you are an expert in shit so you can know who knows sakuga and who don't without saying anything which makes you say so , just keep your judging mindlessly for yourself and Don't judge people's knowledge from nothing
It's like I am talking about apples and then you said OHHH that means you don't know what oranges mean while I didn't even tipped for that well arguement is over I won't reply again for such a conversation with mister nonsense judge

you are projecting there i given a lot of explanations and even define what sakuga is but you on the other hand provided no explanations

ye im done with you too lol
May 5, 2019 1:01 PM

Jan 2015
I truly doubt Reiner is dead
Unless the author makes the death somewhat tragic, in a Shounen a character of such importance never dies
May 5, 2019 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
The episode was kinda slow and a significant drop in quality from the first one.
Not satisfied.
May 5, 2019 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
They made RPG's, that's dope, now they just need to master coffee making and mankind is set.

Another great episode, Erwin is such a badass
May 5, 2019 1:06 PM
Aug 2018
can't wait for next episode mann!!!
bakayarou konoyarou
May 5, 2019 1:07 PM

Oct 2016
Hmmm it seems like a lot of manga readers didn't like the Reiner vs Eren fight, while many anime-onlies didn't see any issues with it. I'm not a manga reader, but personally I didn't have any problems with the fight. Yeah it wasn't as good as their fight in season 2, but I wasn't even expecting this fight to be on that level with all the crazy shit that is happening in this season. Back in season 2, that fight was the most important fight of the season. However, this season seems like there will be a lot more moments of higher importance.
May 5, 2019 1:12 PM

Dec 2015
Erwin's inner monologue is my favourite part in this episode.
I'm glad they adapted it. Specially this part:

The OST track was a great touch for this scene.
Also, I find interesting that they decided to add that Levi scene from the OVA No Regrets.

I don't care so much about Eren vs Reiner fight.
For me, Erwin's monologue was the highlight in this episode.
May 5, 2019 1:14 PM
Mar 2019
Parkrover said:
Erwin's inner monologue is my favourite part in this episode.
I'm glad they adapted it. Specially this part:

The OST track was a great touch for this scene.
Also, I find interesting that they decided to add that Levi scene from the OVA No Regrets.

I don't care so much about Eren vs Reiner fight.
For me, Erwin's monologue was the highlight in this episode.

Isayama himself added that in when he drew the manga version of the arc, so its basically canon.
May 5, 2019 1:20 PM
Mar 2018
so far so good

can't wait
May 5, 2019 1:27 PM
May 2017
Erwin is the GOAT, the animation was your average aot animation so it was fine, than again these days people think like average=bad so...

Now with that being said they already have 5 AD's here and i've got some info that next episode will be worse, i really wished that WIT would've worked on Vinland Saga later, mixed with the Kabaneri movie Aot's production will suffer.... Really bad
May 5, 2019 1:27 PM

Feb 2013
Those spears are working!
May 5, 2019 1:29 PM

May 2014
I'd seen those thunder spears on some manga covers, nice to see them in action. And some of those titans were hilarious.

The Erwin scene was okay, Griffith did the standing on dead bodies thing better.
May 5, 2019 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, we got some strategy talking and also some action. And a new weapon which is actually able to kill the armored titan. Though I'm sure this won't be the end for Reiner, Bertholt still has not appeared yet and he'll probably find a way to save Reiner in the last second. Can't wait to see Levi vs Beast Titan though, this will be awesome.
May 5, 2019 1:32 PM

Sep 2014
Good adaptation, meh animation

fancyjasper said:
I'd seen those thunder spears on some manga covers, nice to see them in action. And some of those titans were hilarious.

The Erwin scene was okay, Griffith did the standing on dead bodies thing better.

Big difference. Unlike Erwin, Griffith did nothing wrong
May 5, 2019 1:32 PM

Oct 2013
fancyjasper said:

Can I get a link to that page? I don't remember that Griffith did something similar.
May 5, 2019 1:36 PM

Apr 2019
WIT should never have done a Kabaneri Movie, the whole thing is a waste of resources, should have put all of those resource into AOT and Vinland

Klad said:
The animation was a lot better in the first episode, not sure why it dropped in this one.

The battle between the titans was cool, but all those info dumps made it seem like a slow episode.

Also why the fuck did I feel bad for Reiner at some point? Smh. Die bitch

damn no love for reiner? D: he has such a cool personality though

Xendr said:
The OP is already growing on me, even though I didn't think it was bad to begin with.
As for the Reiner vs Eren fight: obviously it wasn't going to be as good as the one in Season 2, since it's not the climax of the arc like it has been before, and the parts they've shows were still pretty good, so why complain?
Anyway, next episode it looks like it'll be focused on taking Bertolt down, can't wait to see him get what he deserves.

damn dude
all the hate on bertolt why does everyone hate him XD

i agree with the OP it really grows on you :D

You son of a .. turtle

May 5, 2019 1:38 PM

May 2014
keragamming said:
fancyjasper said:

Can I get a link to that page? I don't remember that Griffith did something similar.

It just reminded me of it.

I think there's a similar image of an older Griffith too, but i can't remember exactly where i saw it. Probably in the anime.
May 5, 2019 1:43 PM
May 2018
First half of the episode was great, then it went down with that weak adaptation. Best part of the episode was Erwin standing above all those corpses. The OST during Eren Vs Reiner was not the best choice, also the thunder spears at the end. I hope rest of the seasons gets better, because what really worries me is that they make us wait for 7 months.
May 5, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2019
@fancyjasper

erwin corpse mountain mangaversion

looks better in black and white, contrast i guess
You son of a .. turtle

May 5, 2019 1:52 PM

Oct 2018
Nim0174 said:
@fancyjasper

erwin corpse mountain mangaversion

looks better in black and white, contrast i guess

Attack on titan anime sill can't top manga in my opinion, I really love the way isayama draws
May 5, 2019 1:57 PM
Jun 2016
ERWIN IS A GENIUS! I keep liking him more and more
May 5, 2019 1:57 PM

Feb 2014
I was really impressed with Erwin's monologue scene. It certainly conveyed the feelings Erwin had within him as he climbed the ranks to where he is now, but the way he was looking down on the bodies, who were looking directly up AT him, felt powerful.

Not surprisingly, the wacko running of the smaller titans returns and it made me laugh with ease, especially the one that kept pointing his fingers in the air while looking up into the sky like a music fan at a rock concert. XD

Animation wasn't as polished as the first episode, but it held up well enough to make the fight between Reiner and Eren look good. Is it as good as their fight in season 2? Sadly no, but I still think the animators did well here, so I'm not disappointed at all.

The thunder spears were really powerful, though. Once Erwin flung Reiner off of him, Hange and the others went for Reiner's eyeballs and nape with the spears and the damage dealt must've been catastrophic. Perfect time for the episode to end on a cliffhanger here, so whether Reiner dies or lives will hopefully be answered in the next episode.
May 5, 2019 2:01 PM
Sep 2016
@fappa Who was the biggest
Fappa said:
nanidatosama97 said:
@Fappa

as long as they make it look good and get the job done without overworking each other, im fine with more animators. less animators with only a few months to work on a 10-12 episode season is never good, look at OPM 2 staff work overload as an example

Here's the thing, they do not exactly have them.

Overlapping productions ( Kabaneri & Vinland ) are already spreading the staff thin as it is. Then the breakneck pace of this schedule does not allow regulars to return cause they need a longer windup for their contribution which they simply do not have this time around, so that's gone too. And then the studio's biggest contributor to outsourcing work has closed down a while ago. They do not exactly have the options to just slam more staff on the project.
Who was the biggest contributor to outsourcing work ?
May 5, 2019 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
Damage on Armored Titan

First, before first wave of thunder spears:

After:

And then, again:

When did him regenerate that part?
I mean, it wasn't destroyed less than a minute before?
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.