Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 5, 2019 11:52 AM
Jun 2016
nanidatosama97 said:
DupeusT31 said:
The animation quality dropped considerably compared to the first episode. I knew this was gonna happen because aot anime is always like this, but didn't expect it to happen so soon. And the amount of flashbacks it just too much.

The thunder spear flashback was necessary to explain what tf they were though

They were explained in the "information available for public disclosure" anyways, as to how they work they could've just shown it instead of a flashback.
This episode covers two chapters, so there were twice the number of pauses in the fight, that's what bothers me, they didn't try to adapt the source material in a more dynamic way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 11:52 AM

Feb 2017
I love you Wit Studio.
May 5, 2019 11:55 AM
Oct 2018
deg said:
the Eren vs Reiner fight was disappointing

but at least most of thunder spears parts near the end are sakuga

we are only in episode 2 of only a 10 episode show and the animation quality is not that good overall, looks like they do not have enough production time with this sequel

No the fight was amazing , they showed many details and it's not the main focus of the episode and it didn't take much animation , it's a sure that this fight took more animation than season 2 fight
and the animation quality didn't drop they are trying to level it up and it's working till now , just wait for the main fights of this arc and wit studio will never disappoint you
Feb 2014
New Meme format for this episode

Oct 2017
Yo the story is progressing well, got to see Pieck(Cart Titan) another intelligent titan. Well it's just the start, epic battle yet to come. But felt good when Reiner got his face punched *u deserve it* xD

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
May 5, 2019 11:56 AM

Oct 2017
Minimechan said:

Lmfao well this is epic

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
May 5, 2019 11:56 AM
Mar 2019
DupeusT31 said:
nanidatosama97 said:

The thunder spear flashback was necessary to explain what tf they were though

They were explained in the "information available for public disclosure" anyways, as to how they work they could've just shown it instead of a flashback.
This episode covers two chapters, so there were twice the number of pauses in the fight, that's what bothers me.

Well, in the manga,

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazMay 7, 2019 10:34 AM
May 5, 2019 11:58 AM
Nov 2018
Minimechan said:

This is some serious shit XDXDXD.
May 5, 2019 11:59 AM
Oct 2018
DupeusT31 said:
The animation quality dropped considerably compared to the first episode. I knew this was gonna happen because aot anime is always like this, but didn't expect it to happen so soon. And the amount of flashbacks it just too much.

Now there must be people who go against the flow
The animators did nothing wrong , just get some information about animation and you won't say this and flashbacks were necessary
May 5, 2019 12:00 PM

Jan 2009
Uchihakira said:
deg said:
the Eren vs Reiner fight was disappointing

but at least most of thunder spears parts near the end are sakuga

we are only in episode 2 of only a 10 episode show and the animation quality is not that good overall, looks like they do not have enough production time with this sequel

No the fight was amazing , they showed many details and it's not the main focus of the episode and it didn't take much animation , it's a sure that this fight took more animation than season 2 fight
and the animation quality didn't drop they are trying to level it up and it's working till now , just wait for the main fights of this arc and wit studio will never disappoint you

lol you got to be joking

just look at the previous fight and how much sakuga it has

May 5, 2019 12:00 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was like an MMA match
May 5, 2019 12:02 PM
Feb 2016
Great episode as always.I am glad they added the Erwin part as it was in the manga.This makes him much more human as a great character who is selfish in his goals.Eren vs Reiner fight seemed ‘slow’ but it was good as they added the small details.The OST in the end could have been better.Other than that it was a great episode for me
May 5, 2019 12:03 PM
Jun 2016
nanidatosama97 said:
DupeusT31 said:

This episode covers two chapters, so there were twice the number of pauses in the fight, that's what bothers me.

Well, in the manga,

I'm okay with Erwin's flashback, but the thing is that are way too many pauses in the episode which is frustrating, so I think they could have skipped the thunder spear flashback.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ArdanazMay 7, 2019 10:35 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 2018
Felt like a 5 mins episode, i want more damn it

Something tells me that Reiner will pull a sneaky one them.

Feb 2017
Much better than the first episode, because a lot of the time where flashback then, now they focus in the fight and strategy, and little on flashback.

The opening and ending, feels to me that where more fast than in the previose episode.
Only 8 episode left feels like they want to do Season 4 in 2020.
May 5, 2019 12:04 PM

Jan 2016
The thunder spear parts are as glorious as I remember them.
May 5, 2019 12:04 PM
Jun 2016
Uchihakira said:
DupeusT31 said:

The animators did nothing wrong , just get some information about animation and you won't say this and flashbacks were necessary

I'm not the only one who noticed the obvious struggle that the animation had in this episode.
May 5, 2019 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
lol the titan that was standing like a model xD

wish I didn't read the manga so that I could enjoy the anime to it's fullest
May 5, 2019 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
Great Episode once again, it really brought out the feeling of the manga.

The Thunder Spears really brought out the hype.

And that cliffhanger at the end.

May 5, 2019 12:07 PM
Oct 2018
deg said:
Uchihakira said:

lol you got to be joking

I amnot joking
Lol fight in season 2 was short as hell in terms of using sakuga because most of it was talking about strategies, while this fight isnot the main focus of the episode and it was animated well with level up quality of animation which gets close to real sakuga as wit studio isnot an expert in sakuga unlike pierrot or bones , but the quality of art got a little bit level down because of the time and budget but still an acceptable quality except reiner's face but I think it was a fault like when toei animation drew shanks with both hands in ace flashback , just dude rewatch the epsiode and you will enjoy it and stop catching faults for a great show like this
May 5, 2019 12:08 PM
Mar 2019
@DupeusT31

Listen, a good chunk of people in the aot fanbase (which is the majority, rather than the minority), dont really care about disclosures and either look at their phone while the episode is on them or ignore em completely, so the flashback shouldn't be skipped.
May 5, 2019 12:09 PM

Dec 2014
Rating is going down slower then I expected, well it's still going down.
Sep 2018
Kay so I just finished watching it at 2am where I am. I have mix feelings about the 2nd episode. I'll just state out my honest and humble opinion. Here we go.

What I like:
1. Some new background music, they are cool and catchy, def my cup of tea.
2. How Levi being sarcastic to Erwin in the middle of the war has made me laugh.
3. They explained the strategies and some 'if' easily so I know what the enemy and the scout's planned.
4. Hange is cool in this eps.

What I dislike:
1. It's not as hype as the first eps. And it didn't give me goosebumps.
2. The fighting scene was smh funny imo because it looks lame like, idk, the fight looks amateur.
3. I expected the thunder spears to be more destructive af but it was okay anyway.

So the conclusion is, idk if the part 2 will have a great animation till its end, I'm still concern about it because the studio smh wasn't being consistent and I hope the 3rd episode will be much better.

Apr 2015
DupeusT31 said:

I'm not the only one who noticed the obvious struggle that the animation had in this episode.

Don't hang yourself up with it man.

Certain individuals have their rose-tinted goggles on and will resort to defend their show with whatever means necessary. A healthy balance of standing one's ground but also allowing criticism is necessary but not everyone can pull that one off.
May 5, 2019 12:12 PM

Apr 2019
i wasnt disappointed, but it didn't exceed my expectations either
i hoped the fight would be a little bit more dynamic

im glad they adapted those two chapters almost 1:1 though

actually one thing i didn't like was the sound directing
i was hoping for some sweet sawano drops but the whole episode was kinda silent except for the ending, wasn't exactly a fan of the ost at the end but it wasnt bad either

episode probably felt weaker to me since i reread those chapters this week over 10 times
You son of a .. turtle

May 5, 2019 12:14 PM
Dec 2018
Boy oh boy,the part 2 of this season has been bang for the buck. I think this arc is the end of Reiner and berthold will square up against Eren. Gotta say, berthold might still be out of Eren's league due to his sheer size.

The ultimate battle will be Levi vs the Beast, I'm pretty hyped up for next few episodes
May 5, 2019 12:14 PM
Oct 2018
DupeusT31 said:
Uchihakira said:

Who told you that everyone knows about good animation??
Most of people say that pierrot studio is one of the worst animation studios while animation experts clearly know that pierrot is best animation studio , I said animation because they are one of the big four sakuga experts which are pierrot , bones , trigger and production IG
In fact pierrot is the best user of sakuga
Wit studio from season 3 part and they are using sakuga it started in levi vs kenny fight in episode 2 till now
So animation quality didn't drop while art quality dropped a little bit but still acceptable it's like getting level down from level max to level max-1
May 5, 2019 12:17 PM
Jun 2016
nanidatosama97 said:
@DupeusT31

Listen, a good chunk of people in the aot fanbase (which is the majority, rather than the minority), dont really care about disclosures and either look at their phone while the episode is on them or ignore em completely, so the flashback shouldn't be skipped.

I respect your opinion, but don't you agree it would be more surprising if there wasn't a flashback? Because in this case you would be apprehensive not knowing whether or not the spears would work on Reiner. The real explanation and how to use them is actually after they used it on Reiner, which makes the flashback all the more dispensable to me.
May 5, 2019 12:18 PM
Oct 2018
Fappa said:
DupeusT31 said:

Certain individuals have their rose-tinted goggles on and will resort to defend their show with whatever means necessary. A healthy balance of standing one's ground but also allowing criticism is necessary but not everyone can pull that one off.

I amnot a fan of AOT but people always mismatch animation with art , Art dropped a little bit while animation is still good , they are using sakuga in a long fight so there must be some frames which look creepy but it's sakuga , so just don't pause the fight and enjoy
May 5, 2019 12:19 PM

Jan 2015
Metallica_Nero said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Good episode, but the real battle is yet to be started
Poor Reiner

That ending tho, not sure if Reiner will go down that easily.

Can't wait for Levi versus the beast Titan!

Poor reiner? really? the bastard should die asap
May 5, 2019 12:19 PM

Apr 2017
oh man what a great episode. i'm so glad they included the panel of erwin standing on the corpses - was kinda worried they'd skip over it!

really enjoyed the animation with the thunder spears and 3DMG. levi vs beast titan is gonna be INSANE.
May 5, 2019 12:20 PM
Mar 2019
DupeusT31 said:
nanidatosama97 said:
@DupeusT31

I respect your opinion, but don't you agree it would be more surprising if there wasn't a flashback? Because in this case you would be apprehensive not knowing whether or not the spears would work on Reiner. The real explanation and how to use them is actually
after they used it on Reiner, which makes the flashback all the more dispensable to me.

Eh, its an anime cliche im used to at this point with all my years of anime watching, ive come to expect it to be done. I still think there were more positives than negatives in this episode though. For ex: the first person view while flying on the odm gear was a nice touch and really unique use of animation for the show.
May 5, 2019 12:21 PM

Apr 2019
i hope they dont censor the juicy part in the next episode..
You son of a .. turtle

May 5, 2019 12:22 PM

Jan 2009
Uchihakira said:
deg said:

lol you got to be joking

I amnot joking
Lol fight in season 2 was short as hell in terms of using sakuga because most of it was talking about strategies, while this fight isnot the main focus of the episode and it was animated well with level up quality of animation which gets close to real sakuga as wit studio isnot an expert in sakuga unlike pierrot or bones , but the quality of art got a little bit level down because of the time and budget but still an acceptable quality except reiner's face but I think it was a fault like when toei animation drew shanks with both hands in ace flashback , just dude rewatch the epsiode and you will enjoy it and stop catching faults for a great show like this

ok you do not know anything about sakuga and the anime industry then

sakuga is awesome animation and this fight between Eren and Reiner has none of it

they delayed this part of season 3 to get enough production time, which sadly the first 2 episodes show they still do not have enough, animation quality is usually high on the first few episodes of an anime especially for short shows like this 10 episodes part

most animators are freelancers especially the talented animators, and im not gonna be surprise if this episode only has 1 talented animator that did all the sakuga on thunder spear parts

and also Wit Studio is much smaller studio than Pierrot and BONES and animation quality is mainly determined by the contracted staff like available talented animators on the market and enough production time for those animators to draw/animate things good
May 5, 2019 12:23 PM

Sep 2017
Omg that cliffhanger! I literally shouted no at my screen. That was so great. I think there's a good chance Reiner or Bertolt will die this arc, but I wouldn't expect it to happen so soon. You can't even say he feel for their trap really. He just reasoned it would be worse for them if Eren was to hop and wall and run around to the front. But man he didn't expect those crazy rocket things. I love that it was Jean who said nah we have to do this when he was one who had a lot of trouble killing another human. Oh man I can't wait.
May 5, 2019 12:23 PM
Jun 2016
Uchihakira said:
Fappa said:

I amnot a fan of AOT but people always mismatch animation with art , Art dropped a little bit while animation is still good , they are using sakuga in a long fight so there must be some frames which look creepy but it's sakuga , so just don't pause the fight and enjoy

Uchihakira said:
Fappa said:

I might've been a little too harsh. There was plenty of sakuga, but I expected more. The first episode was so consistent and well produced that I was expecting they would extend Eren vs Reiner fight with a bunch of sakuga like Pierrot did with Naruto fights.
May 5, 2019 12:27 PM
Oct 2018
deg said:
Uchihakira said:

I amnot joking

sakuga is awesome animation and this fight between Eren and Reiner has none of it

they delayed this part of season 3 to get enough production time, which sadly the first 2 episodes show they still do not have enough, animation quality is usually high on the first few episodes of an anime especially for short shows like this 10 episodes part

most animators are freelancers especially the talented animators, and im not gonna be surprise if this episode only has 1 talented animator that did all the sakuga on thunder spear parts

and also Wit Studio is much smaller studio than Pierrot and BONES and animation quality is mainly determined by the contracted staff like available talented animators on the market and enough production time for those animators to draw/animate things good

I won't argue with you
You watched the epsiode while closing your eyes didn't you ??
Hands down you don't know the difference between sakuga and art , when animators use sakuga the quality of art won't be stable just some frames and in pain vs naruto fight one talented animator made it , he was interviewed on crunchyroll , I amnot saying that they didn't use sakuga in season 2 but the fight was short not like long sakuga fights and today's fight was a long one and they used sakuga in it , I am sure you noticed bad frames but it's sakuga , so it's natural , just enjoy the show dude and stop catching faults in every epsiode
UchihakiraMay 5, 2019 12:31 PM
May 5, 2019 12:30 PM

Jan 2009
Uchihakira said:
deg said:

I won't argue with you
Hands down you don't know the difference between sakuga and art , when animators use sakuga the quality of art won't be stable just some frames

you do not even know what sakuga means lol

and no i know that animation should be judge by the entire motion of the scene and not just from looking at still frames when you pause it
May 5, 2019 12:30 PM

Nov 2016
Erwins characterization and the imagery were on spot and the rest of the episode was top too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2019 12:32 PM

Nov 2017
Anywhere I can watch it? Cuz as far as I know Erai-raws hasn't translated it yet ;/

May 5, 2019 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
Dagvi said:
Anywhere I can watch it? Cuz as far as I know Erai-raws hasn't translated it yet ;/

err HorribleSubs have it already
May 5, 2019 12:35 PM
May 2016
Excellent episode. Every time this show comes back on air I'm more and more secure in thinking this series is going to shape up into a modern classic. The tone was brilliant all the way through, god I love how broody it all was. Erwin's significant moment of characterisation was done so damn well, so fucking powerful. But god there were so many moments similarly throughout the ep. I felt like rooting for both sides at several points but I love just how human all the characters genuinely are. Props as well for the really solid voice acting, I can't wait to see what's coming next.
May 5, 2019 12:35 PM

Nov 2017
deg said:
Dagvi said:

Thank you dear sire!

May 5, 2019 12:36 PM
Oct 2018
DupeusT31 said:
Uchihakira said:

Uchihakira said:

I might've been a little too harsh. There was plenty of sakuga, but I expected more. The first episode was so consistent and well produced that I was expecting they would extend Eren vs Reiner fight with a bunch of sakuga like Pierrot did with Naruto fights.

Lol extending fights is the most dangerous thing ever , it needs a great talented animator and naruto's animator is one of the best in the industry and this epsiode didn't focus on this fight mainly they focused on thunder spears
Wait for the episode which focus on fights and not introduce new items and with this sakuga level they will blow your mind
May 5, 2019 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
Good episode, loved the mindgame of Erwin towards Reiner.

Seems next week we're getting the 'nuke'
May 5, 2019 12:39 PM

Jan 2009
Dagvi said:
deg said:

Thank you dear sire!

no problem, and Erai-raws afaik are just web-rippers like HorribleSubs so they just copy all of the video including the subtitles from legal streaming sites like CrunchyRoll
May 5, 2019 12:40 PM
Oct 2018
deg said:
Uchihakira said:

I won't argue with you
Hands down you don't know the difference between sakuga and art , when animators use sakuga the quality of art won't be stable just some frames

and no i know that animation should be judge by the entire motion of the scene and not just from looking at still frames when you pause it

Hmmmmmm
I know it better than you
So argument is over
So what's sakuga in your amateur's view ?? Little rookie
May 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Jun 2009
Erwin's inner monolog is easily the best part of the episode.

Also, the music that was playing during Eren vs Reiner fight is a great choice.
May 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
Uchihakira said:
deg said:

Hmmmmmm
I know it better than you
So argument is over

err ye keep telling that to yourself

the only explanation i can think of here is that you are using the literal word translation of sakuga which is animation so all animation to you is sakuga anyway lol
May 5, 2019 12:43 PM

Oct 2018
Erwin is the best character and this episode was good but I hope they don't censor next episode
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.