Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 5, 2019 6:29 AM

Aug 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Good episode, but the real battle is yet to be started
Poor Reiner

That ending tho, not sure if Reiner will go down that easily.

Can't wait for Levi versus the beast Titan!
May 5, 2019 6:30 AM
Mar 2019
The episode hasnt actually aired yet, this is a leaked raw version, so I think its kinda soon for this.
May 5, 2019 6:55 AM
Sep 2018
I CANT WAIIITTTTTT
May 5, 2019 6:58 AM

Apr 2019
im glad they are showing the part with Erwin exactly as in the Manga :D cant wait to see it, really hyped
You son of a .. turtle

May 5, 2019 7:04 AM
Jun 2017
what was that ost they used in the last minutes????,it's like the director saying "hey this is a cool scene,let's ruin it by using an anticlimactic ost".
May 5, 2019 7:24 AM
Oct 2018
Good episode , great animation till now , I am okay with new ost in the end of the episode , can't wait for what will happen to reiner and how berthold will appear in the fight ,the end was very cliffhanger , you don't know if the those thunder stuff have exploded inside the armoured titan or reiner managed to stop it somehow , because in the end the explosions happened behind the titan not inside it , CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPSIODE
UchihakiraMay 5, 2019 7:33 AM
May 5, 2019 8:12 AM

Aug 2017
Wow, I like it.

Amazing battle.

Hange is a genius. Is Reiner going to die?
NurguburuMay 12, 2019 6:30 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 5, 2019 8:24 AM
Jul 2017
What an episode we have this week. Poor Reiner he seems so scaried about what's happening behind him.
Tsukihi_PhoenixMay 5, 2019 8:15 PM
May 5, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
It doesn't surprise me how clever Reiner is while planning to make his next move. As the Armored Titan, he's one of the biggest threats in this battle.

Really glad to see Eren vs Reiner again in another round. Gotta love how Henge planned ahead for their plan. A lot of mind games going on this episode with the psychology. Henge played a very important role in this fight to break part of his armor.

This episode felt like it went so fast. What a cliffhanger!
May 5, 2019 8:39 AM

Jan 2018
Great episode as always but the animation for the fight between Eren vs Reiner was better in season 2
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
May 5, 2019 8:43 AM
Mar 2019
SethBigBoss said:
Great episode as always but the animation for the fight between Eren vs Reiner was better in season 2

I disagree, eren vs reiner in season 2 was more about the choreography rather than animation, which felt like your average AOT season 1 titan fights to me. Here, wit studio added detail to the smallest things which really took this fight to a whole new level for me as someone who read this fight like 4 years ago in the manga.
May 5, 2019 8:50 AM

Oct 2013
Like most of what I saw, especially the Beginning with Erwin standing up on a mountain of dead bodies, agree with @SethBigBoss the season 2 battle with Eren vs armored titan was better, though this battle was pretty short and really wasn't the main focus and the animation with that battle was just ok, but since the main focus is the thunder spear this episode, its also the title of the this episode so I'm not going to go too hard on the Reiner vs Eren fight, plus the lack of bombastic soundtrack didn't help in that battle.

Overall the final scene was really great with the thunder spear, didn't have a problem with the soundtrack in this scene at all and it ended exactly where I expected it to end at.

Great episode overall, next episode is going to be chaotic, I really hope wit will do it justice.

May 5, 2019 8:53 AM
Mar 2019
keragamming said:
Like most of what I saw, especially the Beginning with Erwin standing up on a mountain of dead bodies, agree with @SethBigBoss the season 2 battle with Eren vs armored titan was better, though this battle was pretty short and really wasn't the main focus and the animation with that battle was just ok, but since the main focus is the thunder spear this episode, its also the title of the this episode so I'm not going to go too hard on the Reiner vs Eren fight, plus the lack of bombastic soundtrack didn't help in that battle.

Overall the final scene was really great with the thunder spear, didn't have a problem with the soundtrack in this scene at all and it ended exactly where I expected it to end at.

Great episode overall, next episode is going to be chaotic, I really hope wit will do it justice.

Oh yeah, no need to worry about wit there, as legendary explosion animating master takahashi shows off in episode 3.
May 5, 2019 9:12 AM

Apr 2018
SethBigBoss said:
glad Im not the only one, the fight was so much better in season 2.
May 5, 2019 9:30 AM

Jun 2008
That's a good cliffhanger at the end with all the Raisou. At least I already know what will happen.
May 5, 2019 9:43 AM

Apr 2015
I was pumped and excited throughout the episode as usual but the production issues really are starting to show outside of THE set piece that each episode focuses on. I wish it had taken longer for them to show up but I guess it was kind of inevitable at this point, there were just way too many signs in advance for it to not happen eventually.

Next episode is apparently in an even worse state. I’m sure Episode 54 which is foreshadowed as the big one will wow everyone but I’m not sure if it’s worth the sacrifice of most stuff surrounding it…Oh well, let’s hope for the best.
FappaMay 5, 2019 9:51 AM
May 5, 2019 10:06 AM

Sep 2018
Great episode, the fight feels slow but it's a short fight, next episode we gonna see the Berth oopsie
I keep moving forward
May 5, 2019 10:13 AM

Oct 2013
Fappa said:
I was pumped and excited throughout the episode as usual but the production issues really are starting to show outside of THE set piece that each episode focuses on. I wish it had taken longer for them to show up but I guess it was kind of inevitable at this point, there were just way too many signs in advance for it to not happen eventually.

Next episode is apparently in an even worse state. I’m sure Episode 54 which is foreshadowed as the big one will wow everyone but I’m not sure if it’s worth the sacrifice of most stuff surrounding it…Oh well, let’s hope for the best.

Apparently a legendary animator will be doing that scene in episode 3, but I hope the overall quality is good and not just that scene. Not sure if you read the manga.
May 5, 2019 10:15 AM

Jan 2018
nanidatosama97 said:

I disagree, eren vs reiner in season 2 was more about the choreography rather than animation, which felt like your average AOT season 1 titan fights to me. Here, wit studio added detail to the smallest things which really took this fight to a whole new level for me as someone who read this fight like 4 years ago in the manga.

Season 2's fight is clearly better in every aspects, that doesn't mean this fight is bad, just not as good.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
May 5, 2019 10:17 AM
Jan 2018
How long has it been since part 1

6 months right . people expect way to much

Clearly the Eren and riener fight wasn't the focus of epiosde
May 5, 2019 10:31 AM
Oct 2018
SethBigBoss said:
nanidatosama97 said:

Season 2's fight is clearly better in every aspects, that doesn't mean this fight is bad, just not as good.

No dude in term of animation this fight is better , but the only demirt is renier's face , this fight has got more animation than season 2 fight , so season 2 appears better and in fact it's not better , the animator now is adding sakuga to his fighting scene which clearly mean that they are preparing for memorable legendary fights , just if you understand animation , you will say that today's fight is better , I amnot offensive but I suggest you read some animation priciples or watch animation explaination videos and you will understand why I am saying this
May 5, 2019 10:53 AM

Apr 2015
keragamming said:

Apparently a legendary animator will be doing that scene in episode 3, but I hope the overall quality is good and not just that scene. Not sure if you read the manga.

I am aware but that exclusively for an explosion.
In terms of actual production next episode is kind of a open sign for how messed the schedule of this project is. We can expect something akin to 7-10 ADs which is atrocious tbh.
May 5, 2019 10:59 AM
Mar 2019
@Fappa

as long as they make it look good and get the job done without overworking each other, im fine with more animators. less animators with only a few months to work on a 10-12 episode season is never good, look at OPM 2 staff work overload as an example
nanidatosama97May 5, 2019 11:04 AM
May 5, 2019 11:01 AM
Jan 2018
Plot armored Titan has been his nickname since 2016

And The asspull has gotton the reaction i was expecting
Mattinator95May 5, 2019 11:18 AM
May 5, 2019 11:11 AM

Feb 2018
I always forget how just dumb some Titans look when they run lol
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 5, 2019 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
In your face, Reiner! ...literally. Can't wait to see more!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 5, 2019 11:14 AM

Apr 2015
nanidatosama97 said:
@Fappa

as long as they make it look good and get the job done without overworking each other, im fine with more animators. less animators with only a few months to work on a 10-12 episode season is never good, look at OPM 2 staff work overload as an example

Here's the thing, they do not exactly have them.

Overlapping productions ( Kabaneri & Vinland ) are already spreading the staff thin as it is. Then the breakneck pace of this schedule does not allow regulars to return cause they need a longer windup for their contribution which they simply do not have this time around, so that's gone too. And then the studio's biggest contributor to outsourcing work has closed down a while ago. They do not exactly have the options to just slam more staff on the project.
May 5, 2019 11:15 AM

May 2016
That really had me on the edge of my chair, seriously they didn't spend a single moment on useless stuff my hats down to them.
May 5, 2019 11:16 AM
Mar 2019
Fappa said:
nanidatosama97 said:
@Fappa

Here's the thing, they do not exactly have them.

Overlapping productions ( Kabaneri & Vinland ) are already spreading the staff thin as it is. Then the breakneck pace of this schedule does not allow regular to return cause they need a longer windup, so that's gone too. And then the studio's biggest contributor to outsourcing work has closed down a while ago. They do not exactly have the options to just slam more staff on the project.

Well, wit is understaffed, so Id rather them focus on something like this that they know everyone is dying to see, rather than spreading their staff upon multiple different projects at once and giving out mediocre results for this.
May 5, 2019 11:16 AM

May 2017
lots of exposition and info dumbs in this episode.. felt a little slow at times. Animation struggled at some points but was on point in others you can tell the production is not healthy. Also that was a weird ending in the middle of the action
May 5, 2019 11:18 AM
Apr 2019
Metallica_Nero said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Good episode, but the real battle is yet to be started
Poor Reiner

That ending tho, not sure if Reiner will go down that easily.

Can't wait for Levi versus the beast Titan!

Eren vs reiner https://youtu.be/oBHaCUQI_Ng
May 5, 2019 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
Another great episode. It felt fast though.

Looking forward to next week's episode.

May 5, 2019 11:22 AM

Feb 2018
Bruh Erwin has to be the best character in AOT .
not sure why some people hated the ost i thought it was pretty good and fitting .
May 5, 2019 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
nanidatosama97 said:

Well, wit is understaffed, so Id rather them focus on something like this that they know everyone is dying to see, rather than spreading their staff upon multiple different projects at once and giving out mediocre results for this.

That's not exactly an option when each project is decided upon months to years in advance and overlaps simply do occur. Besides, Kabaneri for once has a higher priority for Wit themselves as its their inhouse original unlike AoT where they're at the bottom of the committee.
May 5, 2019 11:24 AM
Mar 2018
Mattinator95 said:

You mean the Thunderspears are asspulls? I get that in a way they were kinda introduced a bit too late. Teasing them in episode 49 would've made it a bit last "jarring" but I wouldnt go as far as to call them asspulls.
May 5, 2019 11:26 AM
Mar 2019
@Fappa

Yeah, Im aware, honestly with so many animators the project doesnt seem that bad to me when Im watching it, but it looks like their big focus right now is vinland saga, which people have waited years for to get an anime of. Which is probably why AOT looks the same quality wise as S3 cour 1, but I loved the first person perspective on the ODM gear while flying, that was really awesome imo
May 5, 2019 11:27 AM
Jan 2018
Levj said:
Mattinator95 said:

You mean the Thunderspears are asspulls? I get that in a way they were kinda introduced a bit too late. Teasing them in episode 49 would've made it a bit last "jarring" but I wouldnt go as far as to call them asspulls.

I'm referring to the conscious transfer
Mattinator95May 5, 2019 11:30 AM
May 5, 2019 11:28 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The titans never cease to amaze me with variety of roles in which they can be used for. Levi's Quip sure complemented Erwin's grim analysis. But his plan of not just determining the enemies main objective but also forcing them to either stick by it or adapt sure was impressive. The motivation to take back ones home is indeed a strong one and when combined with that of revenge ensured that Eren's fight with Reiner was epic. Heavy as the corps losses have been over the past expeditions without them you wouldn't have made it here. The insight into Erwin's past and his mindset though was interesting. The thunder spears and their implementation sure was interesting and impressive. An excellent ep as always with excellent blends of action and tension. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 11:30 AM

Sep 2018
Another amazing episode, this just proves that score over 9 is well deserved.....
well that's just my opinion.....
May 5, 2019 11:31 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty good episode overall, they didn't waste time explaining stuff like Erwin's plan and how thunder spears work. Next episode is going to be pretty entertaining.
May 5, 2019 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
the Eren vs Reiner fight was disappointing

but at least most of thunder spears parts near the end are sakuga

we are only in episode 2 of only a 10 episode show and the animation quality is not that good overall, looks like they do not have enough production time with this sequel
May 5, 2019 11:38 AM
Mar 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Levj said:

Oh yeah, that makes sense. They should've just said Levi missed his spine by a few centimeters. Would
've made more sense, and wouldnt have been such a weird asspull.
May 5, 2019 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
shayed__ said:
lots of exposition and info dumbs in this episode.. felt a little slow at times. Animation struggled at some points but was on point in others you can tell the production is not healthy. Also that was a weird ending in the middle of the action

That was the final blow and also the final panel of chapter 76, they adapted 2 chapters so this was in fact the best place to end it and it was where most persons expect it to end.

Levj said:
Mattinator95 said:

The thunder spears were shown in episode 49 though when the scouts were riding off in the final scene.
May 5, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2013

Serves you right, Reiner. Sayonara. Bitch.
May 5, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
Strong episode, but given that it ended on a cliffhanger it doesn't seem likely that the attack actually worked on Reiner. Mind you, it doesn't make much narrative sense for this to not work on Reiner at this stage, so it's hard to say for sure.

Frustrating that we'll have to wait a week to find out, that much is certain.
May 5, 2019 11:42 AM
Jul 2017
Excellent mix of action and tactical reasoning. Need to watch it a couple more times. I think there are possibilities in which the Scouts release the horses and feint a retreat by running/3DMGing along the top of the wall.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 5, 2019 11:42 AM
Jun 2016
The animation quality dropped considerably compared to the first episode. I knew this was gonna happen because aot anime is always like this, but didn't expect it to happen so soon. And the amount of flashbacks it just too much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 11:44 AM

Jun 2008
Mattinator95 said:
Levj said:

They later explain that the armored titan has some special defensive powers. But when I saw that for the first time... I was "wtf?".
May 5, 2019 11:44 AM
Jan 2018
keragamming said:
shayed__ said:

That was the final blow and also the final panel of chapter 76, they adapted 2 chapters so this was in fact the best place to end it and it was where most persons expect it to end.

Levj said:

The thunder spears were shown in episode 49 though when the scouts were riding off in the final scene.
deg said:
the Eren vs Reiner fight was disappointing

but at least most of thunder spears parts near the end are sakuga

we are only in episode 2 of only a 10 episode show and the animation quality is not that good overall, looks like they do not have enough production time with this sequel

Don't know why they didn't air it in the fall
May 5, 2019 11:45 AM
Mar 2019
DupeusT31 said:
The animation quality dropped considerably compared to the first episode. I knew this was gonna happen because aot anime is always like this, but didn't expect it to happen so soon. And the amount of flashbacks it just too much.

The thunder spear flashback was necessary to explain what tf they were though
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.