Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 9, 2019 6:00 PM

Apr 2010
I wasn't aware until just a moment a go...is this series about to end soon? It seems like it.

But anyway I read the first major arc, the Holy Knights arc and then I stopped for a while and planned to pick it up again. I thought now would be an appropriate time to bring this up then.

Did this series turn to crap or was it able to maintain its quality?

Generally these Shonen titles always get worse as they go on. Bleach was a great series and that turned to garbage at the end and nobody cared about it anymore. Fairy Tail went really downhill. Toriko went really downhill.

One Piece is currently going downhill. Even older ones like Yu You Hakusho did as well.

So yeah for anyone who still reads it because I don't really follow what's going on, do people still generally like it or is this another series where the consensus is that it's just gotten worse?
Apr 9, 2019 6:05 PM

Dec 2016
Ready for plot point that was drop mid way, wasted characters, rush resolution.

Where Ban sacred weapon?

So the supreme goddess not show up huh.

DK is lame

Let forgive the guys that massacre the kingdom

Apr 9, 2019 7:05 PM
Sep 2018
scabab said:
I wasn't aware until just a moment a go...is this series about to end soon? It seems like it.

But anyway I read the first major arc, the Holy Knights arc and then I stopped for a while and planned to pick it up again. I thought now would be an appropriate time to bring this up then.

Did this series turn to crap or was it able to maintain its quality?

Generally these Shonen titles always get worse as they go on. Bleach was a great series and that turned to garbage at the end and nobody cared about it anymore. Fairy Tail went really downhill. Toriko went really downhill.

One Piece is currently going downhill. Even older ones like Yu You Hakusho did as well.

So yeah for anyone who still reads it because I don't really follow what's going on, do people still generally like it or is this another series where the consensus is that it's just gotten worse?

I didn’t watch the manga, but i just watch the anmie S1, so i hear from my friends that the manga really going downhill in the latest arcs. The author make the manga worse and destroy it that what i hear. 🤧
Apr 9, 2019 8:16 PM

May 2016
The manga is actually on the epilogue chapters and I can't belive it, suddenly ended leaving a lot of questions. A really bad and disappointing ending, but the journey was good until the last arc. Some things could have been better but pretty good in general.

And also I really disagree with you about One Piece, the manga isn't going downhill at all in my opinion.
Apr 9, 2019 9:17 PM

Mar 2018
Acruxx said:
The manga is actually on the epilogue chapters and I can't belive it, suddenly ended leaving a lot of questions. A really bad and disappointing ending, but the journey was good until the last arc. Some things could have been better but pretty good in general.

And also I really disagree with you about One Piece, the manga isn't going downhill at all in my opinion.

OP is slightly below what it used to be. but definitely not degenerating by the second.
Apr 9, 2019 9:18 PM

Mar 2018
Rushed ending..................................self explanatory
Apr 9, 2019 10:12 PM

Apr 2010
So it's had a rushed ending? This is the reason why many manga generally don't have good endings because they're always slow paced and then out of nowhere they're rushed to an end.

Toriko and Yu Yu Hakusho which I already mentioned were a victim of having a rushed ending. Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi was another.

Now it's happened again with this? Why would it need to be rushed?
Apr 9, 2019 10:31 PM
Sep 2018
scabab said:
So it's had a rushed ending? This is the reason why many manga generally don't have good endings because they're always slow paced and then out of nowhere they're rushed to an end.

Toriko and Yu Yu Hakusho which I already mentioned were a victim of having a rushed ending. Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi was another.

Now it's happened again with this? Why would it need to be rushed?

Ending= rushed+ plot make you want to vomiting
Apr 10, 2019 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
The Holy War Arc is one of the worst war arcs ever, and it ended when there are still so many questions left unanswered, for example: Ban's weapon, 2nd Fairy King, original Gowther, and most importantly, where the fuck is the Supreme deity in the whole war, she didn't appear or even mentioned a single time
Apr 10, 2019 5:36 AM
Jul 2016
Its good until last arc where it goes down hill hard after Meliodas wants to become the DK....
Apr 10, 2019 5:56 AM
Nov 2017
I still don't know the point of having arthur in this series. I loved the series until diane and king flashback which is lame, but I started love it again when they came to 3000 years ago. And it became lame again when suddenly gilthunder's girl (I forget her name) having an angel inside her. Like...wtf? Well, that is super lame because I don't care about her at all. It would be cool if the one that have an angel is... at least hendrickson. Or merlin will be more reasonable, because we still don't know who she is except she's a witch. Yeah, I know, Zeldris explain it, but in the poor way. Btw, I want to rate it 8/10, but because the final arc is so confusing, I'll give it... 11/10
Apr 10, 2019 8:44 AM

Apr 2010
Did the sales drop or something? Is that why it's been rushed to an end?
Apr 10, 2019 12:47 PM
Nov 2016
Nanatsu no Taizai has a lot of downhills in the last arc.
First of all, Meliodas-without-full-power who can divide a mountain in 2 piece with a stick can't do that in this arc. These same things happened with Merlin, Escanor and others. What does it mean? It means like fairy tail, Nanatsu no Taizai couldn't keep the power same every time.

Secondly, the last fight is the most boring of all fights that are available in this series. Why? Bcz the method that was used in that fight can be seen in many other anime which doesn't make it unique. I had a lots of hope for the "Demon King vs Seven Deadly Sins" and wanted to see Ban's sacred treasure. The fight turned out boring and fully predictable.

Lastly, I think you should not continue this manga cz you will not find any interesting plot twists here or even great fights.
Apr 10, 2019 2:25 PM

Apr 2016
It's meh on the start, it's donkey shite on the end.
Apr 13, 2019 6:51 AM

Apr 2017
I think it's still great sure some things are left-out but it's not done yet, and the New DK can perhaps Opens up the possibility of seeing the Deity and other things the series wasn't able to accomplish; getting to know more sides of the big characters behind and in front of the scenes... it's too early to decide anything just yet.
Apr 13, 2019 9:41 PM

Apr 2010
Well how many chapters are left? When does it end exactly?
Apr 18, 2019 10:00 PM

Jul 2015
scabab said:
Did the sales drop or something? Is that why it's been rushed to an end?

Sales are quite good,

Might be because due to Nakaba's health.If you notice after he became sick the condition of the manga rapidly dropped.

Apr 23, 2019 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
IIRC, the mangaka had some health issues and was hospitalized sometime during the start of the DK arc. Not too sure about the details maybe some one else can provide more information, but I definitely felt the quality dropped and series got rushed from that point onward.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Apr 24, 2019 5:52 PM

Apr 2018
In my opinion the manga has lowered the quality, and a lot.

With poor characters and poorly explored (many characters are totally ignored at a certain point, does not know how to handle the secondary ones).

With very little worked or convenient plots.

Battles without emotion that only rely on which character has better power ups (although that is something that in my opinion has spoiled the manga from the beginning, the characters will not be well balanced and only a quick response is sought so that the peronajes become more powerful).

There are other things that I think have worsened the manga (like the hasty end and with great convenience in the plot), but as they have said it seems that the mangaka was hospitalized or suffered an illness, so I guess it is "forgivable" course that the manga has taken, although in spite of everything it does not seem very bad to me.
Apr 29, 2019 2:54 PM

Apr 2017
It's like this and Fairy Tail are in competition to see who can end it worse
May 2, 2019 10:54 AM
Aug 2017
The way this ended is why I have no problem with Oda taking his time with One Piece and making sure to go through every thing we want answered along the way.

There are just so many things left unanswered in Seven Deadly Sins for it to end like this, obviously rushed just to wrap it up quickly.
May 2, 2019 12:10 PM

Mar 2017
The manga went downhill ever since chapter 100. It was never good to begin with, but enire 10 commandments arcs are complete garbage and wasn't even at least enjoyable. The characters are ridiculously bad, the romance is cringeworthy, filled with asspulls and plot armor, and the 10 commandments are a terrible/disappointing group of villains. It's just a terrible series overall.

May 4, 2019 6:26 PM

Apr 2010
Mugglus said:
Wow, i actually can`t see a single positive comment. I`m not quite caught up, currently on chapter 349, but the last couple arcs are way better than the first arcs of this manga.
I personally think that the end of Toriko was pretty good. Fairy Tail was trash from the start and one piece is still amazing, so i totally disagree with what you are saying.

Toriko was another victim of having a rushed ending.

Fairy Tail was half decent up to the Fighting Festival arc.

One Piece has never been the same since the time skip. It's still good but not to the same extent which is why the sales are dropping.
May 4, 2019 10:01 PM

Oct 2013
I dropped it at chapter 168 giving it a 3/10 and never looked back. It became average to trash as more chapters were released.

I did enjoy the 1st season anime though, even made a review on it, but I never liked the manga version from the get go.
May 5, 2019 9:19 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I Dropped this at 200 chapters. I didn't like Meliodas and Elizabeth and thought it was borimg.
May 6, 2019 1:58 AM

May 2010
still reading it but only bc its chapter by chapter for me. i would not have picked it up if i knew how it would turn out. its just not good enough.
May 7, 2019 12:56 PM

Apr 2010
Too many of these Shonen Battle manga drag on longer than need be I suppose.

Instead of telling a good paced story and ending it when it reaches a natural ending within a few years, they seem to feel the need to drag it out for as long as possible until it turns to shit and gets forced to end.

They're all like 30, 40 or more volumes these days.
May 8, 2019 11:03 AM
Jan 2013
One Piece is not currently going downhill. It’s currently going uphill.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
May 17, 2019 8:49 AM
Nov 2015
Phantomnocomics said:
Acruxx said:

OP is slightly below what it used to be. but definitely not degenerating by the second.
i disagree people who say that are sticking to nostalgia the stuff in whole cake island and samurai arc is better than 90 percent of the series.
May 17, 2019 8:54 AM
Nov 2015
scabab said:
Mugglus said:
Wow, i actually can`t see a single positive comment. I`m not quite caught up, currently on chapter 349, but the last couple arcs are way better than the first arcs of this manga.
I personally think that the end of Toriko was pretty good. Fairy Tail was trash from the start and one piece is still amazing, so i totally disagree with what you are saying.

One Piece has never been the same since the time skip. It's still good but not to the same extent which is why the sales are dropping.
one piece has never been the same yes its been better I'm exaggerating a little but I find it weird that people say that all the arcs pre time skip were better , from what I can see dressrosa, whole cake island and wano are better than most of the arcs pre time skip .
May 17, 2019 9:16 AM

Apr 2010
Dressrosa dragged, one of the weaker arcs because it just didn't know when to end. The Whole Cake arc was fine though. Haven't read the Wano arc.
May 19, 2019 5:10 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
scabab said:

Wrong. The sales are dropping because of the current quick rise of digital manga sales which are not counted by Oricon. The decline in phyisical tankobon sales has been affecting every single manga series that is currently running in the last 2-3 years. The drop of the sales of One Piece is obviously larger because it sells much, much more than other series. But you can also observe this well with Attack on Titan. Bottom line: The quality of the series (which is still great in my opinion as well) is not the reason for the declinging sales.
May 19, 2019 10:17 AM

Apr 2010
De_Baer said:
Wrong. The sales are dropping because of the current quick rise of digital manga sales which are not counted by Oricon. The decline in phyisical tankobon sales has been affecting every single manga series that is currently running in the last 2-3 years. The drop of the sales of One Piece is obviously larger because it sells much, much more than other series. But you can also observe this well with Attack on Titan. Bottom line: The quality of the series (which is still great in my opinion as well) is not the reason for the declinging sales.

No that's actually not true at all. The decline began long before that 2-3 years.

One Piece volumes used to sell upwards of 3 million copies a month back in 2012.

By 2014 that had dropped down to 2.5 million. By 2016 it had actually increased to 2.7 million as the Dressrosa arc was reaching its end.

It was after that point did it begin to really fall, soon after it dropped all the way to 2.3 million in a month. It wasn't a gradual decline because of digital sales, it was a sharp drop.

Now it's down to barely 2 million in a month because it is slowly becoming worse over time.
May 19, 2019 10:35 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
scabab said:
De_Baer said:

No that's actually not true at all. The decline began long before that 2-3 years.

One Piece volumes used to sell upwards of 3 million copies a month back in 2012.

By 2014 that had dropped down to 2.5 million. By 2016 it had actually increased to 2.7 million as the Dressrosa arc was reaching its end.

It was after that point did it begin to really fall, soon after it dropped all the way to 2.3 million in a month. It wasn't a gradual decline because of digital sales, it was a sharp drop.

Now it's down to barely 2 million in a month because it is slowly becoming worse over time.

No. You are ignoring the fact that the OP manga sales profited big time from backlog sales for many years after the big hype explosion in 2010. The sales started to normalize themselves around 2016 when the backlogsales finally came to a complete halt. After that the rise of digital sales begun and keeps leaving a huge impact on print media sales every year. Here is an article from the end of 2015 that tells you pretty much everything: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/12/29/national/media-national/sales-japanese-print-publications-fall-amid-digital-explosion/#.XOGTLtjgq71 It makes it more than clear that it is no coincidence that the drop in sales started to happen pretty much around the exact same time.

Another fact: The ratings for the One Piece manga rose sharply in the past 4 years, not only here on MAL (it went from 9.00 in 2014 to 9.07 in the past 5 years) but on pretty much every other relevant anime/manga database on the net. This means that a clear majority of people do not think the quality of the series declined, its actually the opposite.
De_BaerMay 19, 2019 10:57 AM
May 19, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
De_Baer said:

No. You are ignoring the fact that the OP manga sales profited big time from backlog sales for many years after the big hype explosion in 2010. The sales started to noramlize themselves around 2016 when the backlogsales slowly stopped. After that the rise of digital sales begun.

That just helped the series overall series. Overall sales are dropping massively but I'm talking about individual volume sales.

One Piece peaked shortly after the time skip. After that there wasn't a slow and steady decline. Your article is as of December 2015 but One Pieces sales actually improved after that point. Volumes sold better in 2016 during the end of the Dressrosa saga.

Vol 78 did 2.65 million and Vol 79 and 80 did 2.7 million in a month. That was the last of Dressrosa.

Then it immediately plummeted with Vol 81 to 2.4 million. That has nothing to do with digital sales. There isn't a slow decline happening here because of a slow rise in digital sales because Vol 83 sold better than the previous two volumes. Vol 85 sold better than Vol 84.

No the series is dropping in chunks here and there. After Vol 83-86 sold consistently 2.4 million copies, Vol 87 then had a notable 150,000 sales drop.

Vol 88 sold slightly better but then Vol 89 dropped another 250,000 copies. Vol 90 sold a bit better and Vol 91 sold a bit better still. And then latest volume has now just gone and dropped yet another 200,000 copies.
May 19, 2019 11:03 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
scabab said:
That has nothing to do with digital sales.

It has everything to do with digital sales. The article was written at the start of the digital sales boom. Because of that small fluctuations in volume sales do not prove the opposite to be true. Its normal. And the rise of digital sales is not slow at all. It has been huge and very impactful in the past years and as I said it has been happening to EVERY other manga series as well. Check the sales of AoT or Kingdom for comparison.
May 19, 2019 11:41 AM

Apr 2010
De_Baer said:
It has everything to do with digital sales. The article was written at the start of the digital sales boom. Because of that small fluctuations in volume sales do not prove the opposite to be true. Its normal. And the rise of digital sales is not slow at all. It has been huge and very impactful in the past years and as I said it has been happening to EVERY other manga series as well. Check the sales of AoT or Kingdom for comparison.

They aren't small fluctuations though. The small fluctuations would just be the sales increasing or decreases by small amounts, that's just consistency though.

This

Vol 77 - 2.658 million
Vol 78 - 2.652 million
Vol 79 - 2.708 million
Vol 80 - 2.703 million

Is the series selling consistently over all of 2016.

This

Vol 81 - 2.395 million

Is a significant and sudden 300,000+ sales drop. Hundreds of thousands of people didn't just suddenly switch over to digital sales. That's those people having finished the Dressrosa saga then just dropping out.

Vol 85 released a year after Vol 81 but it actually sold a tad better. There was no huge impact, the sales remained steady in all of that time.

It isn't dropping gradually, it's dropping in chunks every now and then and it's usually tied to something like an arc ending. The Dressrosa arc ended and a lot of sales were lost after that.
Oct 28, 2019 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
Mugglus said:
scabab said:

I haven`t gotten to the fighting festival arc of fairy tail, i dropped the anime a while ago.
In one piece the last few arcs before the timeskip are some of the best arcs in manga so it is a little unfair to compare them. Arcs like Whole-cake island and reverie are way better than Alabasta, Skypea and many other arcs from before the timeskip. To some extent i understand where you are coming from but one piece still has kept what makes it great.

He forgot also about Tartaros arc from the original FT that makes Fairy Tail great,
+ the ongoing Canon Sequel manga Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest is Awesome
No plot armor , no Asspulls , Just Teamwork as Hiro said He'll show a new side of FT and he kept his word, (so far ) I'd say I recommend checking the sequel if you want to give the series a second chance :P
removed-userOct 28, 2019 11:09 PM
Oct 28, 2019 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
scabab said:
Too many of these Shonen Battle manga drag on longer than need be I suppose.

Instead of telling a good paced story and ending it when it reaches a natural ending within a few years, they seem to feel the need to drag it out for as long as possible until it turns to shit and gets forced to end.

They're all like 30, 40 or more volumes these days.

You're right Fairy Tail was intended to end in Phantom Lord

But as the fans increased he continued it with no real ending planned , Alvarez downfall was because of his desire wanting to make a new Manga Edens Zero which is why he resulted to Rushing it

-
Off topic What do you think of the sequel manga! of FT
removed-userOct 28, 2019 11:25 PM
Oct 28, 2019 11:39 PM

Apr 2010
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

I haven't read it yet. I looked into it and there was like almost 40 chapters but they were single length. This isn't a weekly manga is it? Is it biweekly? Monthly?

I'd probably wait until it finished before I started it.
Oct 28, 2019 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
scabab said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

I haven't read it yet. I looked into it and there was like almost 40 chapters but they were single length. This isn't a weekly manga is it? Is it biweekly? Monthly?

I'd probably wait until it finished before I started it.

It's bi weekly but from last week it became temporary Weekly for 10 weeks
because Hiro started another manga called Heros that is a crossover for FT ,Rave and Edens Zero , when Heroes ends the sequel will return to Bi weekly again
Oct 28, 2019 11:46 PM

Apr 2010
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
because Hiro started another manga called Heros that is a crossover for FT ,Rave and Edens Zero , when Heroes ends the sequel will return to Bi weekly again

Oh that's interesting. I wonder if they'll ever make an anime out of it.
Oct 28, 2019 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
scabab said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Oh that's interesting. I wonder if they'll ever make an anime out of it.

Hopefully! the cross over is nice! I missed Rave Master leads! it's good to see them again

Oct 29, 2019 12:28 AM

Apr 2010
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
Hopefully! the cross over is nice! I missed Rave Master leads! it's good to see them again

I've heard of Rave Master but never read it, because isn't that what Plue from Fairy Tail was meant to be from or something?

I've also heard of Edens Zero but haven't read that either. I don't suppose that has an anime does it?
Oct 29, 2019 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
scabab said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

I've heard of Rave Master but never read it, because isn't that what Plue from Fairy Tail was meant to be from or something?

I've also heard of Edens Zero but haven't read that either. I don't suppose that has an anime does it?

Yep Plue was originally from Rave master , but Hiro used him from time to time in Fairy Tail for fun , Edens Zero so far don't have a Anime yet but it has a possbility to get one before the sequel and the crossover Edens Zero has enough chapters for a 50 ep season , or similar to the first series of FT anime
Oct 29, 2019 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
Mugglus said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

He forgot also about Tartaros arc from the original FT that makes Fairy Tail great,
+ the ongoing Canon Sequel manga Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest is Awesome
No plot armor , no Asspulls , Just Teamwork as Hiro said He'll show a new side of FT and he kept his word, (so far ) I'd say I recommend checking the sequel if you want to give the series a second chance :P

I won`t, i don`t care about Fairy tail anymore, thanks for the recommendation though.

It's alright , You're welcome!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 47 Discussion

frozen_soul - Sep 22, 2013

10 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 15, 2013

19 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 45 Discussion

Candor123 - Sep 12, 2013

7 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 44 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 2, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 43 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 26, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.