Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 31, 2019 6:11 AM

Dec 2018
i barely made it through the first one. why? just WHY?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2019 6:16 AM
Jan 2015
Jesus Christ. What do dumbasses like you gain from posting? Clearly people are watching. Dumbass
Shadow
Mar 31, 2019 6:20 AM

Dec 2018
I just felt like posting. It's my opinion. Don't get your ass in my business.if you don't like it. Don't reply.
Mar 31, 2019 6:28 AM
Jan 2015
If you don't like the show and never made it past the first season don't go starting a discussion for the 4th. Stupid
Shadow
Mar 31, 2019 6:30 AM

Dec 2018
I ment the first part of alicization. What have you gained by insulting me miniininja?
Mar 31, 2019 6:48 AM
Jan 2015
A lot honestly. Have a good day.
Shadow
Mar 31, 2019 6:50 AM

Dec 2018
You too 😄
Hope you have a great day!😃
Mar 31, 2019 6:59 AM

Nov 2013
I mean it's not really another one and more so just season 3 being split into two parts. It's mainly just the same season, but MAL has to break it up into two since there's a season long gap between the two parts.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Mar 31, 2019 7:02 AM

Dec 2018
Tbh, season 1 and 2 were completely fine. But I personally think the season 3 is unnecessary.
Mar 31, 2019 7:32 AM
May 2018
Why? Because we need it. That's why!

P.S. Maybe there will be a fifth season one day. Enjoy!
Mar 31, 2019 7:39 AM

May 2013
They are pumping out new seasons because your opinions are irrelevant to what the Japanese audience wants.

Not that hard to understand, lol.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Mar 31, 2019 7:55 AM

Jan 2012
KreatorX said:
They are pumping out new seasons because your opinions are irrelevant to what the Japanese audience wants.

Not that hard to understand, lol.

This is like truth serum but it's injected through the eyes.
Mar 31, 2019 7:57 AM

Jun 2016
The person above me is right. Their signature / banner is also right.

Haven't you watched bakuman. Popularity = justice. or was it righteousness? something liek that. IF its popular, it makes cash, it keeps the studio afloat, which in turn keeps other industries like figure modelling and shit afloat. And they get rich, we get anime that the majority wants.

win-win, if you don't like it, don't watch it. you literally lose nothing, so I don't see what there is to complain about. unless ofc, you're complaining about the quality. ;)

Edit - I meant the person above above me, since some dude submitted a comment before me :(
Mar 31, 2019 8:12 AM

Jan 2015
How can you even consider this thread as an opinion
Mar 31, 2019 8:39 AM

Oct 2012
Why would we even have to consider this thread at all ?
Mar 31, 2019 8:45 AM

Aug 2015
Yes, another one and this is great.

Mar 31, 2019 1:09 PM
Jul 2017
I don’t really mind it, but really the story and stuff is mediocre
Mar 31, 2019 2:26 PM

May 2018
Great news for me - I'm really looking forward to it :D
Mar 31, 2019 2:39 PM

Nov 2016
Because the japansese give zero fucks about you and your complaining ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2019 4:31 PM

Nov 2017
They made it another cliff hanger!
Now I really want to know what happens !!
Mar 31, 2019 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
it's still better than most anime, s1 first 12ep is still the best

if you didnt care just think about the first ep of season 3, and Kirito dies then its the end

Apr 1, 2019 12:23 PM

Dec 2015
sudoku please thank you
Apr 1, 2019 3:15 PM
Jul 2007
dea-alhena said:

Maybe because it ended on a cliffhanger and there's more of the story to tell you ignorant twat.
Apr 1, 2019 5:20 PM
Mar 2019
Why is everyone talking so meanlly to a person who only ask a simple question. You could just answer it without insulting anyone or just discuss about another topic...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 2, 2019 1:14 AM
Oct 2014
Personally, I hated the most recent season of Sword Art Online. I thought it was garbage.
Apr 2, 2019 6:59 AM
Jun 2014
LAchson said:
Personally, I hated the most recent season of Sword Art Online. I thought it was garbage.

Thought so as well. Maybe i remember things wrong, but it certainly didn't feel like Kirito from the old seasons was present, and he also felt like Eugeo's sidekick. Many hate Kirito, but i always liked to finally have a capable protagonist among the turdpile of trash anime with shitty and worthless protagonists who MAYBE manage to be usefull at the very end. Well, Kirito felt way less capable this season than any other and was too eager to throw away his life to save others. What about his responsibilities elsewhere? Stupid sack of shit, it's not like he had lost his memories.
Apr 2, 2019 7:06 AM

May 2012
I hope this one is better than 1st season of Alicization

Alicization is my opinion is worst SAO to this date (it is still good, but not as good as the others). The last fews had some decent fights, but mother of the earlier episodes were little boring. I have also to say that I enjoyed spin-off Alternative: Gun Gale Online a lot more than Alicization because of the tournament and competition

Apr 2, 2019 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Because it was announced beforehand that it was going to have 50 episodes, thus the second half being the remaining that covers those 50 episodes in total? It's not so farfetch'd to get the idea.
Apr 2, 2019 11:20 AM

May 2010
I think this season build an interesting world and dont uses it right.

A TON of bad exposition,
bland characters with no development (in my opinion an other waste potential in this season)
A TON of bad exposition
a borring script most of the time

I have not read the books but i have the feeling that the anime not translate the story very well

I will see the next season in hope of improvement ¿?
Apr 2, 2019 11:41 AM

Apr 2016
People like it, it's one of the most successfull series in anime industry, so the question is: why not? Simple, there's no reason for not make another season.
Apr 2, 2019 2:37 PM
Aug 2018
If u didn’t know this was gonna be a 4-cour adaptation 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
Apr 2, 2019 11:15 PM

Feb 2013
RavaZa said:
Kiren_Iager said:
Why is everyone talking so meanlly to a person who only ask a simple question. You could just answer it without insulting anyone or just discuss about another topic...

I completely agree with you. all this fighting is meaningless.

I'm not sure why everyone loathes SAO. Like, ok, it's not the best, and it was hella overhyped, but it's not like it worst show either. let ppl enjoy themselves. Personally, I enjoyed this one more than I did previous 2, and A-1 Pictures is clearly trying to fix their past mistakes.

However, in the same time, I hope this will be last season, because why would you continue to be making an anime everyone hates? Hopefully they will make it great enough so it could remain in a nice memory not just for me, but for everyone else aswell.

Your post makes no sense. They don't care about people that hate the series, even more because in Japan the rejection is ridiculously low. They care about people in the west who watch the anime, buys the games, the manga adaptation, merchandise and Light Novel. Companies fund new seasons based on the LN because the franchise overall has a big fanbase and is popular.

Also, Alicization isn't the last arc. In fact, a new arc began in 2018 and it'll be adapted when it ends so probably in 10 or 15 years.
Apr 3, 2019 2:01 AM
Oct 2012
caio_brb said:
RavaZa said:

I completely agree with you. all this fighting is meaningless.

I'm not sure why everyone loathes SAO. Like, ok, it's not the best, and it was hella overhyped, but it's not like it worst show either. let ppl enjoy themselves. Personally, I enjoyed this one more than I did previous 2, and A-1 Pictures is clearly trying to fix their past mistakes.

However, in the same time, I hope this will be last season, because why would you continue to be making an anime everyone hates? Hopefully they will make it great enough so it could remain in a nice memory not just for me, but for everyone else aswell.

Your post makes no sense. They don't care about people that hate the series, even more because in Japan the rejection is ridiculously low. They care about people in the west who watch the anime, buys the games, the manga adaptation, merchandise and Light Novel. Companies fund new seasons based on the LN because the franchise overall has a big fanbase and is popular.

Also, Alicization isn't the last arc. In fact, a new arc began in 2018 and it'll be adapted when it ends so probably in 10 or 15 years.

Reading post and comments like this :

because why would you continue to be making an anime everyone hates?

make me laugh so hard tbh.
I mean ignoring the fact that Sword Art Online is in the Top 5 ! most liked Light Novel of japan for the past 9 years, every single years.
And ignoring that it is constantly being the best selling or Top 5 most sale on any LN in japan.

Ignoring japan in full, even in western and in one of the sites that got the most SAO haters like MAL... the number of people that rated SAO under a score of 5 out of 10, is less than 10% ... in fact for Alicization, only 5.5% gave it under 5, so 94.5% gave it 5 or higher score, so they obviously did not hate it.

84% even gave it a 7 or higher which mean they actually liked it.

Season 1 is also the same, around 80% gave it 7 or higher.

you can see the stats from MAL page itself : https://myanimelist.net/anime/36474/Sword_Art_Online__Alicization/stats
Apr 3, 2019 4:58 AM

Feb 2016
dea-alhena said:

maybe because the story isn't.. over
Apr 3, 2019 6:56 AM
Sep 2018
dea-alhena said:
Because the 3rd season was amazing tbh and it isnt really concluded it has the whole dark world stuff and it ended in a cliffhanger with the place where kirito is being kept
Apr 3, 2019 6:58 PM
Jan 2018
This is the REAL HYPE. Where all the REAL action is.
Apr 3, 2019 9:43 PM
Feb 2015
Tragic fanboys.

s1 happens -> wait for s2 when it gets REALLY good -> s2 comes -> wait for s3 that's when it truly becomes amazing -> s3 happens -> gets split into 2 cours -> wait for part 2 of s3, part 1 was just intro

fucking ridiculous.

Was hopeful after the attempted rape scene but it just went downhill from there.
Apr 4, 2019 4:03 AM
Oct 2012
Netami00 said:
Tragic haters.

s1 happens and it's super successful -> it's the worse anime ever created, it' so hated it never get a s2-> s2 comes and it's successful -> hah now it finally died it's so shit it never getting another -> super successful movie happen -> movie was shit too why this shit never end... fuck -> successful s3 happens -> it's still shit ! let it stop -> gets split into 2x 2 cours -> wait there is ANOTHER ONE ?!?!? WHY ?!?

fucking ridiculous.

Fixed it for you ^^

What's matter is how SAO's popularity is extremely high and it's sales for both BD/DVD on anime and Novels are always at the very top or even first. so it's successful.
Tons of game is being made out of it as well for console and PC and mobile with a new one just announced.
It even have a live-action in-production by netflix... which i don't really look forward to coz it's Live action lol

The real Fans of the show are also enjoying it, enjoyed season 1, 2 and movie, and now enjoying season 3.

the only tragic ones are the haters here... poor guys.... smh
Apr 4, 2019 7:40 AM

Nov 2014
Pedram said:
Netami00 said:
Tragic haters.

s1 happens and it's super successful -> it's the worse anime ever created, it' so hated it never get a s2-> s2 comes and it's successful -> hah now it finally died it's so shit it never getting another -> super successful movie happen -> movie was shit too why this shit never end... fuck -> successful s3 happens -> it's still shit ! let it stop -> gets split into 2x 2 cours -> wait there is ANOTHER ONE ?!?!? WHY ?!?

fucking ridiculous.

Fixed it for you ^^

What's matter is how SAO's popularity is extremely high and it's sales for both BD/DVD on anime and Novels are always at the very top or even first. so it's successful.
Tons of game is being made out of it as well for console and PC and mobile with a new one just announced.
It even have a live-action in-production by netflix... which i don't really look forward to coz it's Live action lol

The real Fans of the show are also enjoying it, enjoyed season 1, 2 and movie, and now enjoying season 3.

the only tragic ones are the haters here... poor guys.... smh
HAHA i couldn't say it more right than you. Also i really liked this season of SAO more than the last 2 , idk what's people problem
Apr 4, 2019 8:26 AM
Feb 2015
Why? Because a lot of people enjoy SOA and personnally I prefer SOA3 over previous SOA animes so I'm looking forward SOA3 part2. All 3 SOAs might not be very deep, they might not have lots of character development and they might not have lots of MMORPG elements but the story, the worlds and the characters are still interesting to me.
Apr 4, 2019 2:32 PM
Jun 2017
dea-alhena said:
I just felt like posting. It's my opinion. Don't get your ass in my business.if you don't like it. Don't reply.

That's not an opinion you dumbass! Change school, your teach are useless.
Apr 4, 2019 3:22 PM

Jan 2018
dea-alhena said:
Tbh, season 1 and 2 were completely fine. But I personally think the season 3 is unnecessary.

Jesus, I never thought a more shit opinion could exist than "Fairy Tail is a good anime".
Note, I love SAO--it's in my top five favorite anime of all time.
Season 1 was fine, it had shit writing for the most part but was still enjoyable to watch--I kinda prefered ALO over SAO because the writing was a tad bit better but still wasn't by much.
Season 2, the first part was fantastic but the rest was mostly filler and the ending was kinda just--ehh.
Season 3, the best season as of yet, takes away Kiritos plot armor (not gonna spoil it for those who have yet to watch it--but I doubt they'd be here anyways)--it enhances the story telling, visuals, and characters. It has taken the first season, and spinned it into something new and better. For those who didn't get the undertones, from what I can tell, Alicization takes the premise of SAO (Season 1) and makes it much better than it was. With a little nod to something from season 1 at the end of episode 23 of Season 3.
SAO: Alternative; Gun Gale Online, fantastic--aimed for a more casual anime audience and it hit the spot just right.
SAO: Ordinal Scale, another really good addition to the SAO franchise which led into Alicization and it's animation being the same quality. The writing is a bit wacky in this compared to the GGO arc but still a massive boost from season 1.

(I hated on SAO's writing, because I will admit it isn't fantastic from Season 2---down. However, SAO is one of my favorites as I said. I'm a massive fan boy of the series--and plan on buying all the LNs as soon as possible.)

Learn how to form a non-shit opinion.
Wicky_Apr 4, 2019 3:25 PM

Apr 7, 2019 12:32 AM
Aug 2017
If I'm not mistaken, this arc is the last large arc in the original SAO web novel. The current Light Novel has more after this arc though.

I've read the whole web novel, and I remember enjoying it. While I did not really like the anime adaptations, I will probably go ahead and finish Alicization and watch this once it's released.
soundlinkedApr 7, 2019 12:36 AM
Apr 9, 2019 3:05 PM
Mar 2019
I don't understand all these either people either hating or loving this series. I feel like I have only seen those people and no one in the middle. Is that just me?
Apr 10, 2019 11:30 AM
Sep 2017
Save_your_wifi said:
I don't understand all these either people either hating or loving this series. I feel like I have only seen those people and no one in the middle. Is that just me?

This show is very bipolar among the anime fandom.
So yeah, it kinda hard to find a middle ground. People who watch Sao will say that it mediocre.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2019 11:43 AM

Mar 2018
not as good as mother rosario writing wise
Apr 10, 2019 2:54 PM

Feb 2011
Might as well answer the question, as long as there is content and high sales they will keep plugging that animation, that's business because people want money. Cliffhangers will ensure more money because even if the story is average if you watched 9 out of 12 episodes of the random isekai that airs each season and it creates a tense enough cliff, people will generally shell out for the BD that has the last three episodes to finish it up. If I'm wrong about this I'd like to see you watch only 10/12 episodes for 5 animes at random and ask if you wont watch the last 2 episodes at a dollar a pop.

to the entire thread skimmed through and its polarizing crowd. I'd say you are both right and wrong,
3 things make a series in general excluding the technical medium (animation)
Characters
Worldbuilding
Plot
SAO is probably average to amazing (depending on the arc) in all these but they synchronize well so it is entertaining and so popular, in both engendering fans and haters

Well as a longtime fan, I can say this, SAO hits a lot of the cliches, I mean a lot, which is why some people hate it, on the flip side we can look at each arc as having a greater theme, Aincrad was a question on how much we place ourselves in online and how it reflects us in reality by bringing people literally into a game and making that their "true" selves. The themes continue, and they provide AN approach to how people handle games, but also the problems this online culture CAN create.
Apr 11, 2019 4:41 AM
Apr 2011
SaberARV said:
dea-alhena said:

Jesus, I never thought a more shit opinion could exist than "Fairy Tail is a good anime".
Season 1 was fine, it had shit writing for the most part but was still enjoyable to watch--I kinda prefered ALO over SAO because the writing was a tad bit better but still wasn't by much.
Season 2, the first part was fantastic but the rest was mostly filler and the ending was kinda just--ehh.
Season 3, the best season as of yet, takes away Kiritos plot armor (not gonna spoil it for those who have yet to watch it--but I doubt they'd be here anyways)--it enhances the story telling, visuals, and characters. It has taken the first season, and spinned it into something new and better. For those who didn't get the undertones, from what I can tell, Alicization takes the premise of SAO (Season 1) and makes it much better than it was. With a little nod to something from season 1 at the end of episode 23 of Season 3.
SAO: Alternative; Gun Gale Online, fantastic--aimed for a more casual anime audience and it hit the spot just right.
SAO: Ordinal Scale, another really good addition to the SAO franchise which led into Alicization and it's animation being the same quality. The writing is a bit wacky in this compared to the GGO arc but still a massive boost from season 1.

(I hated on SAO's writing, because I will admit it isn't fantastic from Season 2---down. However, SAO is one of my favorites as I said. I'm a massive fan boy of the series--and plan on buying all the LNs as soon as possible.)

I actually have liked all the seasons except the Aincrad Arc thus far... I kinda don't like this season because no Sinon, but hey, what can you do. Really didn't like the movie, though. Was traumatized when I heard it was canon.

Never liked Asuna, I always thought she was a bland character that everyone loved even though she might as well have "Kirito's doormat" written on her forehead. Why does she call him Kirito anyway? He requested at the end of the second arc for her to not call him that. -.-

And SaberARV, took a line of your response and put it in my signature. Hope you don't mind.
- Editor for Chihiro Subs and Lead Editor for Amaterasu Translations

Jesus, I never thought a more shit opinion could exist than "Fairy Tail is a good anime". -SaberARV

Apr 11, 2019 11:48 AM
Sep 2017
linktriforce007 said:
SaberARV said:

I actually have liked all the seasons except the Aincrad Arc thus far... I kinda don't like this season because no Sinon, but hey, what can you do. Really didn't like the movie, though. Was traumatized when I heard it was canon.

Never liked Asuna, I always thought she was a bland character that everyone loved even though she might as well have "Kirito's doormat" written on her forehead. Why does she call him Kirito anyway? He requested at the end of the second arc for her to not call him that. -.-

And SaberARV, took a line of your response and put it in my signature. Hope you don't mind.

Idk about you, but Sinon is a mediocre character(personal opinion). She completely ruined season 2 for me. Alice is another Sinon(at least durable).
If I were to rank all the girl in the series, it would be this: "Stacia" Asuna(Best girl in the novel)>Alice>>>>>>>>rest of the girl
Apr 11, 2019 3:27 PM
Oct 2012
weeabootakbankai said:
linktriforce007 said:

Idk about you, but Sinon is a mediocre character(personal opinion). She completely ruined season 2 for me. Alice is another Sinon(at least durable).
If I were to rank all the girl in the series, it would be this: "Stacia" Asuna(Best girl in the novel)>Alice>>>>>>>>rest of the girl

sinon is fine imo. but a bit overrated, nothing wrong with liking her as she had her own share of development and struggles. but sadly most ppl just jump on the Sinon love train coz of a cool shot from the air and all the ass-shot....

I literally ask a bunch of them in SAO Discord and every time i ask why you like Sinon, 80% of time they either show me as ass-shot or a GIF of her jumping in the air and shotting and killing that Behemoth guy from the air lol nobody talk about her character :|

Asuna on the other hand is my personal favorite, she had so much character development and struggle, she was shown to us both in her weakest and strongest times and we saw her dealing with both of them very well and like a boss all the time, even when she was so helpless in front of her strict mother in the end she got back in her feet and finally stand in front of his mother and opposed with her.

much more about her in alicization too.

anyway. ppl jump ship a lot too... Asuna was best girl of Season 1.
season 2 was not much about her being badass it was about sinon. so ppl jump on sinon.
season 3 we got Alice as the only female to be a badass so far. so they jump on alice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

even tho you might think Asuna was a badass for going after her man even into a government facility and try to make sure of his safety. she didn't show any action, so majority of ppl wont find this badass. the same way majority didn't find her standing up against her mother badass.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.