3It was OK
21.8%
2Disliked it
8.3%
1Hated it
6.8%
Average 3.9
133 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 29, 2019 6:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode gave me a chill especially in the first few minutes. Poor Hamazura...

Accelerator and his singing though. Even though this arc has been a mess, I gotta give credit to his VA to being able to voice him like that. As for Touma vs Fiamma, their personal clash continues on in this arc. I feel like they're trying to show off Fiamma to be as badass as posible heh

Mar 29, 2019 6:26 AM
Jul 2016
Accelerator part is amazing
Mar 29, 2019 7:29 AM
Nov 2018
Accel part was well directed but when they switched to Touma and Fiamma it was your typical comedy director Nishikori there.
Mar 29, 2019 7:56 AM

Aug 2013
TomHazard said:
Accel part was well directed but when they switched to Touma and Fiamma it was your typical comedy director Nishikori there.

He put expositions to give excuse for his lazy still motions and slow camera tilts, not to put some perspectives or help the audience to clear some confusions. God forbid he put some kind of brief fight scenes to spice up the exposition dumping, gotta follow the book faithfully you know (except when he could't use them to excuse his lazy ass)

God, just 1 more of this fucking shitshow so please give me strength to see this piece of shit adaptation can finally be put into the grave.
Mar 29, 2019 8:08 AM
Oct 2018
loli_a_ravioli said:
TomHazard said:

He put expositions to give excuse for his lazy still motions and slow camera tilts, not to put some perspectives or help the audience to clear some confusions. God forbid he put some kind of brief fight scenes to spice up the exposition dumping, gotta follow the book faithfully you know (except when he could't use them to excuse his lazy ass)

God, just 1 more of this fucking shitshow so please give me strength to see this piece of shit adaptation can finally be put into the grave.

I mean ironically, the one time I recall him adding a brief fight scene to spice up characters talking(in recent time anyways) was during Accelerator vs Touma where he had them do something instead of sitting there talking

Needless to say, people was pissed
Mar 29, 2019 8:15 AM

Apr 2014
Tiau said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

I mean ironically, the one time I recall him adding a brief fight scene to spice up characters talking(in recent time anyways) was during Accelerator vs Touma where he had them do something instead of sitting there talking

Needless to say, people was pissed

And that scene was horribly plot hole filled, also Kamachi gave action directing that they ignored. Don’t defend the hacks in the directing team. What are you? JC’s stockholder? Nishikori’s mom?

No precog, no diversion, no wing grab and spin. That’s still cutting out content and being lazy, they added nothing.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Mar 29, 2019 8:27 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was something ... blergh, nothing more to comment, 1 more episode left.
On side note, still feels strange how Hamazura just kills people, even if it is war - i feel like it breaks/destroys his character in some way. I wonder if it was/assumed the same during his days in Skill-out with Komaba and Hanzou.
Mar 29, 2019 9:30 AM
Mar 2019
allenjke said:
Well that was something ... blergh, nothing more to comment, 1 more episode left.
On side note, still feels strange how Hamazura just kills people, even if it is war - i feel like it breaks/destroys his character in some way. I wonder if it was/assumed the same during his days in Skill-out with Komaba and Hanzou.

For me, it did feel weird when he killed the soldier in this episode. However, it's not because I thought he was unjustified in doing so or anything. It was weird because he specifically chose to spare Miguno's life in the last episode, when he could have easily just ended her right there, and gone back to searching for Takitsubo, who I thought was the one he cared about. But they had no problem allowing Hamazura to spare that monster who has repeatedly tried to kill him and the one he loves, going so far as to waste half an episode on him sloppily trying to re- connect with her when he should have instead offed her and went back to looking for Takitsubo. For the record, they still haven't explained why on earth Hamazura even wants ITEM back together, when all it did was allow Miguno to exploit and try to kill him and Takitsubo.

But when it comes to a random soldier? Yeah, just kill the SOB, I guess. Because plot. Again, I have no problem with him killing the soldier. But it makes no sense after he just worked so hard to spare Miguno.

And just a quick note about Miguno's "redemption". Last I checked, don't villains have to actually earn redemption? I know that this show has a very bad habit of literally making every bad guy into a good guy, to the point where it's almost laughable (I'm still fully expecting Fiamma to become a hero or something), but even then, Miguno's redemption really just comes off as weird and inconsistent with everything the story had been building up until that point. It was just like a 180 degree flip of a light switch, and she was redeemed. It took all of 30 seconds because Hamazura said so.

Idk, maybe the light novel explains this stuff better.
ElisileMar 29, 2019 9:34 AM
Mar 29, 2019 9:45 AM
Mar 2019
*Sigh*. Once again, Hamazura has invincible plot armor, and apparently also unlimited ammo? Lol.

Takitsubo is just randomly up and about, uninjured, and doesn't care at all about anything that's just happened? K.

They'll rush through trying to explain the mumbo- jumbo about how Accelerator can all of a sudden decipher magic, but they'll take their sweet time explaining and showing the basic concept of human good vs. evil, which we've all essentially understood since birth.

Accel's singing scene was at least hauntingly good. The way they processed his voice was perfect. I know people like to rip on over- produced vocals in music, but when done right, damn are they cool.

More random characters still showing up.

All the churches are working together now! How convenient!

Touma loves to talk. But we already knew that. And.... did he just actually suggest that people could stop a nuclear missile without the key? Uh.... I know Touma likes to stay positive and all, but not everyone has a team of Level 5 Espers and magicians on speed- dial.

Fiamma, you just keep doing you, dude.

Even with the ending credits, this time they can't find any room for our Biri-Biri. *Gekota cries in the distance*.

At times, this show is almost starting to feel like propaganda now lol. I understand they want to showcase how average people can have the power to change things if they just believe and do their best, and work together, and all that.... but it doesn't seem authentic when the only thing saving the "common man" in this show is plot armor, plot armor, and.... did I mention plot armor? And this whole "power to the people!" stuff.... that's just generic and seems out of place with this whole thing.
ElisileMar 29, 2019 10:01 AM
Mar 29, 2019 9:56 AM

Jul 2012
Elisile said:
allenjke said:

For me, it did feel weird when he killed the soldier in this episode. However, it's not because I thought he was unjustified in doing so or anything. It was weird because he specifically chose to spare Miguno's life in the last episode, when he could have easily just ended her right there, and gone back to searching for Takitsubo, who I thought was the one he cared about. But they had no problem allowing Hamazura to spare that monster who has repeatedly tried to kill him and the one he loves, going so far as to waste half an episode on him sloppily trying to re- connect with her when he should have instead offed her and went back to looking for Takitsubo. For the record, they still haven't explained why on earth Hamazura even wants ITEM back together, when all it did was allow Miguno to exploit and try to kill him and Takitsubo.

But when it comes to a random soldier? Yeah, just kill the SOB, I guess. Because plot. Again, I have no problem with him killing the soldier. But it makes no sense after he just worked so hard to spare Miguno.

And just a quick note about Miguno's "redemption". Last I checked, don't villains have to actually earn redemption? I know that this show has a very bad habit of literally making every bad guy into a good guy, to the point where it's almost laughable (I'm still fully expecting Fiamma to become a hero or something), but even then, Miguno's redemption really just comes off as weird and inconsistent with everything the story had been building up until that point. It was just like a 180 degree flip of a light switch, and she was redeemed. It took all of 30 seconds because Hamazura said so.

Idk, maybe the light novel explains this stuff better.

I don't know if it is the redemtion or anything, but in LN she lives with the fact that she killed Frenda, the fact that she was trying killing in general is not mentioned often (well her screentime is not that frequent in the first place). But well the main fact should be and is that Hamazura forgave her and wanted her to change. And well his view on new ITEM is the peaceful.
My point is a bit different. The whole world/universe is built on the rule on no-killing, few exceptions and no count fodder-up soldiers. But this case is in my opinion different. Hamazura is shown as 1 of 3 heroes with his morales similar to Touma's. And him killing doesn't affect his character at all. I remember the scene he was burning some other fodder character and apologizing, just a contraction. Well mb i'm just giving it too much thought.
Accel was probably killing some espers left and right (okay mb gravely injuring) and they should probably have parents, etc. And i wonder if Skill-out was heavily beating espers. Just unnecessary thoughts.
Mar 29, 2019 10:11 AM
Mar 2019
allenjke said:

I don't know if it is the redemtion or anything, but in LN she lives with the fact that she killed Frenda, the fact that she was trying killing in general is not mentioned often (well her screentime is not that frequent in the first place). But well the main fact should be and is that Hamazura forgave her and wanted her to change. And well his view on new ITEM is the peaceful.
My point is a bit different. The whole world/universe is built on the rule on no-killing, few exceptions and no count fodder-up soldiers. But this case is in my opinion different. Hamazura is shown as 1 of 3 heroes with his morales similar to Touma's. And him killing doesn't affect his character at all. I remember the scene he was burning some other fodder character and apologizing, just a contraction. Well mb i'm just giving it too much thought.
Accel was probably killing some espers left and right (okay mb gravely injuring) and they should probably have parents, etc. And i wonder if Skill-out was heavily beating espers. Just unnecessary thoughts.

I'm generally not a fan of "no- killing" rules in world- building. And it is largely for a reason you actually mentioned.

"My point is a bit different. The whole world/universe is built on the rule on no-killing, few exceptions and no count fodder-up soldiers."

If the storyline makes excuses for killing off minor or insignificant 'extras', then it shouldn't apply a different code of honor to the main characters just because they're main characters. If a character(s) is able to justify killing the 'fodder', then the story can't turn around and try to paint them as a "no- killing" protagonist, just because they don't kill main characters. The life of the main characters is not inherently more or less valuable than the lives of the others. So if they'll show characters killing soldiers, or Accelerator killing the Sisters, etc., then the "no- killing" rule does not apply. If, at this point, you're still gonna have characters choose not to kill, you now have to explain why they're choosing not to kill in that particular situation. Because the general "this is a no- kill universe" has already been nullified.

Plus, it's just weak. It essentially gives the villains a free pass to just go around committing as much death and destruction as they please, while the hero always has to fight with one hand tied behind their back, because if they dare to actually fight with enough force to kill the villain, then they're suddenly "just as bad". Which, of course, is utter nonsense, but for some reason that's the way some shows try to spin it.
Mar 29, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2015
Accel part was nicely done.

Only 1 episode left,hope it is done well lot of imp stuff will be shown then Like certain character making an appearance,Touma Mikoto etc.

Mar 29, 2019 10:39 AM

Aug 2018
Accelerator part is always the best.

He's the only reason I watch this shit.
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?"
Mar 29, 2019 10:48 AM
Nov 2018
H2O_Shadow said:
Accelerator part is always the best.

He's the only reason I watch this shit.

His part in ep23 was garbage though, well the whole ep was bad.
Mar 29, 2019 11:26 AM

Feb 2012
I've somehow managed to make it this far. Through some sheer miracle, I'm here.

No idea what was going on with the weird alien dudes at the start. Just a strange scene. This entire anime could've been done without the ITEM plot line and it would've probably been better.

I honestly can't believe they threw in another 'group' at the end there too. "Team dawnlight sunshine" or whatever the fuck?

I will admit that the Accelerator scene was pretty cool. If they'd made the entire anime like that, we would've had a fucking gold class anime, regardless of how shit the story is. Unfortunately, we got 1 minute out of the other 8 hours of trash.

A quote from a man I know who absolutely loves everything about the to aru series and has read all of the books

"nothing has ever let me down this hard"
Mar 29, 2019 11:38 AM

Feb 2013
Hamazura was awesome, the way he tricked those guys was super cool.
Mar 29, 2019 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
This season has been such a horrible pleasure watching shit from J.C.
I am not watching OPM II until I see majority of people say the animation is fine, I do not want to torture myself like this again.
DaL III and Index III has been such a painful experience to watch.
And before someone says "then don't watch it"
That ain't it chief, its not that easy dropping a show you once loved, but now I know the amount of quality J.C has a chance of fcking up a show so I'll be cautious when its their studio doing the work, even if I do love the series.
Mar 29, 2019 11:48 AM
Mar 2019
@Zei33 Couldn't have said it better myself. Some might say that ITEM is necessary to show how Academy City is just using people and groups to further its own self- interest, but hasn't that kinda been the WHOLE point since day 1, and already well established through the arcs of characters such as Accelerator? Why throw in literally the most boring and sickeningly lucky character, Hamazura, as a main character now and have him waste so much screen time? Others have said that he's supposed to represent the 'common man' in this war. Please. The 'common man' would have been killed in less than 30 seconds, compared to Hamazura's invincible plot armor.
Mar 29, 2019 1:30 PM

Feb 2011
Before Index 3 started i couldn't wait to watch it.
Now I can't wait to finish it and probably never touch it again unless the staff changes.
Mar 29, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2011
-Stray said:
I am not watching OPM II until I see majority of people say the animation is fine, I do not want to torture myself like this again.
That ain't it chief, its not that easy dropping a show you once loved, but now I know the amount of quality J.C has a chance of fcking up a show so I'll be cautious when its their studio doing the work, even if I do love the series.

JC suffocates its staff with their shitty planning and countless of projects they cannot handle at once, add an absolutely atrocious director into the mix like Nishikiori Hiroshi and this is what you get. The only explanation I can find is that JC has stopped caring altogether about the quality of the stuff they put out. Popular projects like Index 3 and OPM 2 get this kind of treatment while their priority is DanMachi.
Mar 29, 2019 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
Hamazura killing those soldiers.

One more episode to go.

Mar 29, 2019 2:11 PM
Nov 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
-Stray said:

JC suffocates its staff with their shitty planning and countless of projects they cannot handle at once, add an absolutely atrocious director into the mix like Nishikiori Hiroshi and this is what you get. The only explanation I can find is that JC has stopped caring altogether about the quality of the stuff they put out. Popular projects like Index 3 and OPM 2 get this kind of treatment while their priority is DanMachi.

You need to watch the Accelerator anime PV. Even that garbage plot-wise and worst spinoff got better scheduling than OPM and the main series Index which it's going to air in July thus they have plenty of time to animate.
OPM, Index and DAL were genuinely unlucky with bad planning and this is the result.
Mar 29, 2019 2:32 PM

Feb 2014
Accelerator singing was a bit out of the blue, but his sequence was pretty well done.

Same still can't be said for the pacing of the episode and I doubt that the final episode will be any better.

Still, it was pretty satisfying to see Hamazura working together with Mugino to take down the weird looking enemies and although his luck this time was a bit overpowered, he was still ruthless with his approach to kill of the enemies with ease.

I'm not sure how the last episode will go, but I think it's easy to say that the discussion thread will be even more toxic towards J.C Staff in general and I couldn't blame them for that at all.
Mar 29, 2019 2:34 PM

Oct 2013
low-key kind of wondering why Misaka is here. She came for Touma but that isn't really working and whatever else she is doing that could be important I could easily see just Accelerator or Hamazura doing instead
hmmm but I guess it doesn't really matter since its not harming the narrative and is cute seeing her talk to 10777. Would of preferred 10032 to be honest if a Sister was just going to be there when the author was thinking of including one
Mar 29, 2019 2:53 PM

Jan 2009
it seems out of character for Hamazura to kill people like that lol

Accelerator is an anomaly for sure, and wow so because of his vector power he is also a math genius eh

lets see how Touma will defeat Fiamma next episode
Mar 29, 2019 4:09 PM

Jan 2016
Poor Hamazura and his wonderful character arc got fucked up by this adaptation smh.

Birdway tho <3
Mar 29, 2019 4:27 PM

Feb 2015
Still don't have a clue what's going on. Touma managed to spend the last 10 mins shouting Shounen bollocks at Fiamma.

JC Staff should be ashamed of this dogs dinner of a show. Honestly it's pretty much put me off the series for good.

Oh and the cast is still far far too big. I think the author has a short attention span, he creates a good character then shoves them in the background to go and make another.
Mar 29, 2019 5:29 PM
Mar 2019
I'm honestly kinda scared for the final episode. I'm thinking back to all of the endings of this series that I've seen so far (Railgun 1&2, Index 1&2, and the movie), and I can't really remember any of them being all that great. They're either trying to shove way too much over- the- top crap in (like Mikoto and Kuroko going into space to stop a missile.... wut) or they're just.... weird and awkward (Mikoto's drunk mother fawning all over Accel and Touma, and the series just ending with Touma and Hamazura randomly looking at each other, and leaving it at that for the next 8 years).

Seeing all of the loose ends they still have to tie up, and how long they've been dragging this out for, I can't say that I'm very hopeful that the finale will be anything other than a clustertruck.
Mar 29, 2019 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
Elisile said:
I'm honestly kinda scared for the final episode. I'm thinking back to all of the endings of this series that I've seen so far (Railgun 1&2, Index 1&2, and the movie), and I can't really remember any of them being all that great. They're either trying to shove way too much over- the- top crap in (like Mikoto and Kuroko going into space to stop a missile.... wut) or they're just.... weird and awkward (Mikoto's drunk mother fawning all over Accel and Touma, and the series just ending with Touma and Hamazura randomly looking at each other, and leaving it at that for the next 8 years).

Seeing all of the loose ends they still have to tie up, and how long they've been dragging this out for, I can't say that I'm very hopeful that the finale will be anything other than a clustertruck.
i mean being real this whole season has been a clusterfuck due to the pacing we only had a small chance of hope this arc would be slightly less so all we can do now is pray Railgun is done well .

though watching accelerator part i'm like shit this is alright
Mar 29, 2019 5:58 PM
Mar 2019
@katsu044 Yeah, it's been confusing as hell from beginning to end. I remember back during the Battle Royale arc, I couldn't understand a damn thing that was happening. It was just a bunch of random characters all trying to kill each other, with Accel & Co. seemingly caught up in the middle? Folks who have read the novels have explained to me that there is actually more to the story of Academy City's underground rival groups going at it, but the anime adaptation was done poorly.

Also, do you think that the amount of religious factions/ leaders are also becoming a bit hard to keep straight with who's who and who's fighting for what purpose?
Mar 29, 2019 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
Elisile said:

Watch as they add Index comes out of nowhere and bite Touma's head because "HAHA HEADCRAB JOKE GAIS, COMEDY DIRECTOR HERE PREASE UNDERSTAND"
Mar 29, 2019 6:07 PM
Dec 2018
More of JC drafts than a actual project because they mostly put random directors for this series for anything so I`m not interested but the Accel part was spot on. This series is not going to be popular because it will keep bombing for the BD if JC Staff think they are doing well. The Series is nothing interesting but more of a forgettable series that continued with rushed pacing which lacks the explanation of what`s going on. All the source readers agree on this but this series had skipped too much content. Kadokawa doesn't care for this series or even want to know the staff members at all. They thought it was all work out. JC Staff is only getting hate from this point because OPM 2 is the deadline for the studio. The one who accepted all those 10 anime projects doesn't consider of what stress it gives to the animators and the staff members. A Certain Magical Index would be not be interesting if it was made by JC Staff or anyone who wants for money. This series is really disappointing with this arcs butchered from the previous show which questions me for what is great about this series. The series quality makes the light novel look bad but its great that people are looking more into the light novel than the anime because its getting popular everyday. That's what I`m glad but with this series is really not in watch list for this year but I will watch the last episode to give out my full review of what I think about this series.
Mar 29, 2019 7:49 PM

Apr 2013
Hamazura part was okay, nice mindgame he pulled of on his persecutors.
Accelerators part was alright, preview shows she'll be alright thanks to him, nice
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 29, 2019 10:27 PM

Dec 2018
@DelusionalUzume When a secondary character matters and empathizes better with people than the protagonist himself
Mar 30, 2019 12:56 AM
Oct 2018
And Miki just said that NT will have Anime if Accel and Railgun sale are good. Lol, Miki doesn't care about Index 3 from the start. WE ALL GOT BAITED BY HIM!!!
Mar 30, 2019 7:36 AM

Jul 2012
@Elisile
I see your point and i think it's valid. Just see it in a bit different way, and some leeway should be allowed + important thing is if it is actually shown, not just some mentioning behind the scenes. Oh well, non-killing sustem is the high risk in the first place for trying to build and keep going.
Mar 30, 2019 8:03 AM

Dec 2015
GEIBANANA said:
And Miki just said that NT will have Anime if Accel and Railgun sale are good. Lol, Miki doesn't care about Index 3 from the start. WE ALL GOT BAITED BY HIM!!!

he said if THE SERIES AND GAMES sell well , not "railgun and accel but all of "toaru project anime " + he said " I felt like I wanted to finish the old testament by all means but felt that the ending with Russia was rushed.
Cutting all the important parts was very sad during production, but everything that was absolutely important was not cut.
I’m aware there were too many things that were lost, that in the end I was like “EH?"
so at least he cares and knows there's a problem maybe he'll try and make the next season better if they made one ( which i hope they don't make it , the ln has suffered enough )
Tsukumo_YuumaMar 30, 2019 8:15 AM
Mar 30, 2019 9:04 AM

Jul 2016
Accelerator's scenes was handled pretty well, but aside that it's nothing good about this episode. God the direction of Touma and Fiamma's scenes was handled so poorly that only Abe and Morikawa's voice acting can somehow stands in the entire scenes..... Oh well at least the animations isn't as bad as Accelerator & Kazakiri vs Gabriel fight in EP23.

Side note, I think Taichi You's voice as Leivinia in this episode sounds a bit better than her voice in Virtual-On game for some reason lol.

Elisile said:

I'm more scares at how Nishikiori will f**ked up the last episode and if the art/animation and direction will gonna be bad or not.

If you wonders how this arc will ended, it will ended up with Touma "died" with the fortress crushes down.
Mar 30, 2019 10:34 AM
Mar 2015
Its the end of the world as you know it and I feel fine
Mar 30, 2019 2:45 PM

Dec 2014
well that was sometihng... to think it will wrap up in the next episode
Mar 30, 2019 7:30 PM

Aug 2013
GEIBANANA said:

His responses from the event pretty much implied that he knew JC fucked up, that's why he hoped for better results from Accel and Railgun.
Mar 31, 2019 6:38 AM

May 2015
Endure...just one more episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 31, 2019 10:42 AM

Dec 2008
I actually like how crazy and unpredictable the story turned out after they all landed in russia.
Too bad that Fiamma is the worst villain ever and Touma wasn't doing well since the season started.
That aside the other characters were interesting enough to make this show watchable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2019 1:14 PM

Feb 2015
For all the folks who voted they loved it im truly baffled. What did you love? The messy directing? The talking battle with Touma? The ridiculous Hamazura taking out 3 trained solders with great ease?

How bad does this series have to get for LN fans to finally admit it's a Trainwreck
CrashmattMar 31, 2019 1:23 PM
Mar 31, 2019 1:50 PM
Dec 2018
Crashmatt said:
For all the folks who voted they loved it im truly baffled. What did you love? The messy directing? The talking battle with Touma? The ridiculous Hamazura taking out 3 trained solders with great ease?

How bad does this series have to get for LN fans to finally admit it's a Trainwreck
Don't worry about that because it was the same thing for TG:Re but not popular since this anime is underated.
Mar 31, 2019 1:55 PM

Dec 2015
Crashmatt said:

the LN fans already know that this season is shit , didn't you read any episode discussion ? it's full of angry LN fans . the LN fans is the ones that hate this season the most
Mar 31, 2019 2:14 PM
Mar 2019
Crashmatt said:

My friend, I've had the same question about the last few episodes.
Mar 31, 2019 2:29 PM
Mar 2019
Like, this show started off as an interesting battle between magic and science, involving some core lovable characters who we enjoyed seeing interact with one another (Touma, Mikoto, Index, the Sisters, Accelerator, Kuroko, Kanzaki, etc.). But now, there are more characters than you can shake a stick at, and they still keep adding to the list even in the final episodes. And I'd say about half of these new characters were so poorly introduced that we're still scratching our heads as to why they're even there or what their motivations even are. Then, just when we think we might have a character figured out, Touma has a brief little chat with them and suddenly that character completely flips and now has all new motivations and is fighting for the opposite side. This brings me to the other main issue, which is that 99% of the villains just turn into good guys for virtually no reason. It worked the first couple of times. Accelerator was probably one of the best- handled examples. But now it's just getting old and ridiculous. This whole "Power to the people! Everyone put aside your differences and rise up together!" narrative is nice, but it just doesn't seem to fit here. Overall, it seems like there's simply way too much crap that they're trying to shove into this season, especially this arc, and it's falling apart.
Mar 31, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2015
Elisile said:
Like, this show started off as an interesting battle between magic and science, involving some core lovable characters who we enjoyed seeing interact with one another (Touma, Mikoto, Index, the Sisters, Accelerator, Kuroko, Kanzaki, etc.). But now, there are more characters than you can shake a stick at, and they still keep adding to the list even in the final episodes. And I'd say about half of these new characters were so poorly introduced that we're still scratching our heads as to why they're even there or what their motivations even are. Then, just when we think we might have a character figured out, Touma has a brief little chat with them and suddenly that character completely flips and now has all new motivations and is fighting for the opposite side. This brings me to the other main issue, which is that 99% of the villains just turn into good guys for virtually no reason. It worked the first couple of times. Accelerator was probably one of the best- handled examples. But now it's just getting old and ridiculous. This whole "Power to the people! Everyone put aside your differences and rise up together!" narrative is nice, but it just doesn't seem to fit here. Overall, it seems like there's simply way too much crap that they're trying to shove into this season, especially this arc, and it's falling apart.

that's because this season is one of the worst adaptations , we've been saying this since the BR arc , they're adapting 9 volumes in 26 episodes with nishikiori as a director what did you expect
Mar 31, 2019 3:05 PM
Mar 2019
@Tsukumo_Yuuma Well I haven't read the light novels, and I'm not well- versed in anime directors lol. So, I really didn't know what to expect, good or bad. But once Index and Touma were randomly shipped to England about halfway through the season, I honestly kinda started losing interest. I *think* I understand why they went there? Something about thwarting a terrorist plot between UK separatist groups, or trying to prevent a war between Britain and France, or something like that? But then things quickly got convoluted when the princess tried to take control? But see, I don't even remember the name of the princess, aside from the fact that she wields that Curtana thing. And my memory as to why the story even shifted to Britain is shady. Am I just stupid, or did they rush this stuff? And of course, everyone who the series built up to be a villain is now a good guy, which further muddies the waters. Why even get invested into a good vs. evil narrative if you know that all the bad guys are just gonna get redeemed anyway? It's almost like there's no point. It makes the redemption arcs of characters like Accelerator almost seem less impactful.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.