Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2019 7:50 PM

Dec 2014
Nice finale.

I loved the moment where all the girls touched the light switch at the same time, that was super sweet.

They were really teasing us with that final marriage scene weren't they? xD

Overall, I'm generally not a big fan of harems since I generally can't stand the MC's and I dislike how more often than not every other girls gets thrown their way but this show was one of the better harems I've seen and it was really nice at times and all the girls are great so yeah, I'll definitely watch a second season if there is one.

7/10
Mar 28, 2019 8:03 PM
Dec 2018
At last Nino wins
I mean how howwwww???
Mar 28, 2019 8:04 PM
Nov 2018
SoraSenpai said:
I talked to the Author personally.
It's gonna be Miku.

Okay not really but it should be. Because in every Harem anime I have watched BESIDES SHUFFLE the girl I want to win doesn't win. And so far 100% of the time it has been the main girl.

However I think this series will take a different route and go with Nino. Even though Miku has been with Futaro since the beginning.

Lol. I remember that you didn't really like Nino last week XD You have read manga after our suggest right? XD

Mierl said:
At last Nino wins
I mean how howwwww???

What do you mean? Why you say Nino wins? Base on the bride colour hair?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 3, 2019 7:50 PM
Mar 28, 2019 8:14 PM
Mar 2018

i will miss my Miku :'v
Mar 28, 2019 8:35 PM

Feb 2013
This was great, although I will be sad if there is no conclusion as to who he marries.....so hoping for a second season. 8/10
Mar 28, 2019 8:39 PM
Aug 2015
I don't know why they change Nino's reaction here.
Mar 28, 2019 8:41 PM
Mar 2019
Who maried in the end ?
Mar 28, 2019 8:46 PM
Jan 2018
LN3000 said:
I don't really understand most of this episode. The whole person swap thing didn't make any sense. And the whole campfire thing. And then the whole wedding and they still don't really say who it was.

While I wouldn't mind a season 2, I don't know if the concept really holds enough substance to justify another season.
Either way, it's such a shame that this season ended with such a disjointed episode.

Oh believe me, it's just getting better, i recommend to read the manga at Chapter 32 that where the anime ends, because the next arc is

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 3, 2019 7:49 PM
Mar 28, 2019 8:47 PM
Dec 2018
NakedSnake113 said:
Mierl said:
At last Nino wins
I mean how howwwww???

What do you mean? Why you say Nino wins? Base on the bride colour hair?

I mean maybe😑 im confused
Mar 28, 2019 8:54 PM
Aug 2015
Sdghoul999 said:
Who maried in the end ?

Still no confirm. Manga is still going. But author have confirmed it will ends soon in this or next year because he already had script and ending. This manga doesn't have filler chapter so it I believe it will ends soon. Manga right now is in battlefield.
Mar 28, 2019 9:01 PM

Nov 2016
hmm, had more fun reading the manga than watching the show, the scenes and comedy had more impact. i dropped the manga when i realized there was a series now. i think it was just after the ichika acting career thing.

also pretty surprising how a school anime didnt have an almighty school festival...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Mar 28, 2019 9:12 PM

Sep 2017
gonna miss this series especially the VAs, hope there will be another season

just a reminder, yotsuba is the dark horse
Mar 28, 2019 9:37 PM

Jan 2018
They extended the wedding scene it was just hinted in the manga but well liked that too.
Mar 28, 2019 9:52 PM

Jan 2014
It's was just so cliche and zzZz boring to me this show, think i fast forwarded threw most of the eps, surprised to see such high rating and positivity for such a mediocre show, season 2? ...pls no! 5/10
Mar 28, 2019 9:55 PM

Apr 2013
So basically Miku won. Nice to know.
Mar 28, 2019 10:21 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, they were very careful about not dropping any fucking hints at who it might be. Just when you think they teased Itsuki with the hand holding and the dance, it turns out every girl grabbed one finger. When you see the bride, she doesn't utter a word. And I'm sure all of the girls end up growing out their hair longer and making it the same color when they get older, so you probably can't narrow it down by that either.

What I liked about this show, is that I'm particularly bias towards the big tiddy characters when it comes to best waifu, so with every girl having the same chest size (which also happens to be large), they were on a level playing field and I was able to strictly judge by personality.

Would definitely enjoy a second season. I havent read up too much on future events but I did hear enough tidbits to know the current meta of best girl gets shaken up quite a bit. I can't verify anything myself obviously but I heard Nino actually jumped to the top past Miku for a lot of readers.

Mar 28, 2019 10:25 PM
Apr 2016
Supersky said:
Pointygnome said:

I don't remember seeing that many dresses in the manga, or the closet in general but this anime is an adaptation and does not have to strictly follow the course the manga is taking. There's been several anime based on manga that had completely different endings or huge chunks of the stories changed.

So you can't really make any conclusions based on what you see in the anime on how the manga will end.

I don't think they got to that chapter yet, but in the closet there were about 10 dresses if I'm not mistaken. I'm really hoping we get a harem ending though, because this is the first harem series where I want all the girls to win

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 3, 2019 7:48 PM
Mar 28, 2019 10:30 PM

Dec 2007
If that wasn't Miku as the bride then I'm gonna flip!!!
Mar 28, 2019 10:33 PM

May 2015
With that kind of ending I don't think there'll be a second season. Unless they do a Quintessential Quintuplets:Re
Mar 28, 2019 11:21 PM
Sep 2017
This anime was the first harem anime i tried and liked it.
I really want a second season now.
Mar 28, 2019 11:24 PM
Oct 2018
At least he didn't marry his sister. I'm getting sick of those shows.

Was fun to watch and I give it a solid 7/10. I would watch more but I doubt there will be a S2, although there's plenty of material for it. Well we'll see.
Mar 28, 2019 11:33 PM
Jan 2019
Crashmatt said:
Kougeru said:
Honestly the best "Harem" I've seen in years. No over-the-top lewdness, it worked well with the tropes of the genre and ALL the girls were actually great. I loved it. From what I understand this got close to the source so if we get a S2 it will be awhile. I hope we do >.<

Nah I already asked this apparently there is more than enough for another season.

Hopefully it's soon then!
Mar 28, 2019 11:45 PM
Dec 2018
I mean who in the world would want Itsuki to get married, she is the worst out of the 5.
Mar 29, 2019 12:05 AM

Jan 2010
Farmaceut said:
God please let the bride be Miku......

Yes God please let Miku be the one!
Mar 29, 2019 12:15 AM

Sep 2018
Animation is lacking as always but seeing this animated made me even more hopeful that we will get a Harem ending...(even though if its a "normal" and its satisfying i dont have a problem with it)

Not as good as the Manga but still not a complete messy adaptation 6/10

Read the Manga
-Mullerio-Mar 29, 2019 12:19 AM
Mar 29, 2019 12:15 AM

Nov 2016
i think futaro is married to everyone. they're just pulling what they did when they were trying to get to school for the midterms where everyone tried to be yotsuba
Mar 29, 2019 12:21 AM
Sep 2018
What was the song playing through the wedding scene?
Mar 29, 2019 12:42 AM

Feb 2015
I honestly don't know why people think it's going to be a harem ending when everything showing is that he picks one girl. This will not be a harem ending.
Mar 29, 2019 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
Crashmatt said:
I honestly don't know why people think it's going to be a harem ending when everything showing is that he picks one girl. This will not be a harem ending.

Yes but there are hints of a harem ending too, like one of the previous episodes they showed lots of dresses, on the wedding day.
Mar 29, 2019 1:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good finale to what has been an enjoyable series! Actually, it’s more like it got more entertaining with each passing episode and that honestly is a shock to me as I didn’t think a Harem show such as this would turn out to be really good.

Some really pleasing Miku x Futarou scene in the cave first up! Miku nearly blew it by spilling the beans to Itsuki(or fake Ichika if you will), good thing Futarou just about managed to disrupt her. Futarou, then, exposing the impersonator by making use of her weakness and then going on to console her was very nice to see, classic Futarou there xD!

This, in turn, made the quintuplets uneasy and so they sought out for the truth only to end up winding all together over again, lol. I, for one, expected all the girls to come out of various spots once the teacher left but I wasn’t entirely wrong for that matter. It’s just amazing how they were all there but failed to notice each other’s presence, expect for maybe Ichika and Miku who came here together(I believe) after a very heartfelt and touching moment just earlier. Lol @ that magic charm of theirs prevailing and it was good to see angry Futarou and then the lively girls.

Transition to the marriage felt a little off at the start but it was a great addition to end things with, staying true to the very start basically. And I liked how they added that little bit of the guy that had a crush on Ichika now with someone else who also happened to receive the blessing from the bonfire from then too, lol. Reiha’s grown up to be a fine woman and his father is the same as ever, good to see. Found it really pleasing how they ended off with the final moments returning back to the present and that too right before the exams!

Overall, 7.50/10 due to some wonderful Characterization, solid Storyline(mostly due to keeping away from a mass of cliche although there were still quite a few), so-so Animation with its ups and downs and good Sound Department(wonderful VA in particular as you’d expect) for the most bit.

Hoping to see a 2nd Season of this in the near future!

Here’s a little bit on the speculation of mine, with a few others too, on Futarou’s Bride.

I think here’s solid evidence of foreshadowing that it’ll be Nino in fact who will become Futarou’s main love interest. To reinforce my opinion on this, Futarou’s younger sister commented that he still wears the same bracelet and hasn’t seen it for a good while and so I can’t possibly imagine why he’d wear this if it’s not her.

But then again, the smile and the slanted hair of the bride corresponds to Miku.

I’m not entirely sure as such but I feel as though the foreshadowing on a couple more occasions, if I’m not wrong, pretty much solidifies it and the anime is just trying to cover it up intentionally with Miku’s features.
_MushiRock11_Sep 5, 2019 12:05 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 29, 2019 1:32 AM

Feb 2015
Frostbytes said:
Crashmatt said:

Yes but there are hints of a harem ending too, like one of the previous episodes they showed lots of dresses, on the wedding day.

He's literally stood there with one girl in the church! How much more obvious can you get. Plus the whole premise of the show is that he picks one of the girls, you are just kept guessing as to which.
Mar 29, 2019 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
Crashmatt said:
Frostbytes said:

He's literally stood there with one girl in the church! How much more obvious can you get. Plus the whole premise of the show is that he picks one of the girls, you are just kept guessing as to which.

"Standing" doesn't matter lol, there are arguments that they can always change places in different stages of wedding, being quintuplets.

Not saying he won't choose one girl, but there are hints/red herrings for harem end in manga.
Mar 29, 2019 1:51 AM

Apr 2012
pretty happy with the ending and the series! i kinda loved it enough to pick up the manga straight away and now im caught up :(

Hoping for another season somewhere down the track
Mar 29, 2019 2:05 AM
Jan 2011
What was with the dresses? And we didn't see the other girls at the wedding. I'm curious about how it will end.
Mar 29, 2019 2:11 AM

Aug 2017
Ahh, it’s been such a fun show this season! Definitely enough of the manga for a solid season 2, I’ll keep my hopes up. Day 2000 title was a nice touch, 5.5 years later is when he gets married.

Church of Miku all the way (still #1 through all of the manga so far), can’t help but be a little biased when I think the hair, facial structures, and expressions look most similar to Miku in the church at the end. Cheers to more of the quints soon!
Mar 29, 2019 2:13 AM
Jan 2011
Crashmatt said:
Frostbytes said:

Yea but all those dresses and the other sisters aren't at the wedding. He could always convert to Muslim and marry them all in Singapore.
Mar 29, 2019 2:30 AM

Feb 2015
xsilicon9 said:
Crashmatt said:

Yea but all those dresses and the other sisters aren't at the wedding. He could always convert to Muslim and marry them all in Singapore.

They are not shown at the wedding as it would be a massive spoiler for the Manga. Im pretty sure they would be there. there were more than 5 dresses so I don't see why that was picked up on. Just seemed like she had a choice of several.
Mar 29, 2019 2:45 AM
Jan 2011
Crashmatt said:
xsilicon9 said:

They are not shown at the wedding as it would be a massive spoiler for the Manga. Im pretty sure they would be there. there were more than 5 dresses so I don't see why that was picked up on. Just seemed like she had a choice of several.

There would be no point in bringing it up or the wedding planner saying there must be a mistake. Plus you pick your dress ahead of time. It might not be a harem wedding but letting them each experience it or sat goodbyes. Who knows? But the author is building up this unusual ending.
Mar 29, 2019 2:48 AM

Feb 2015
xsilicon9 said:
Crashmatt said:

There would be no point in bringing it up or the wedding planner saying there must be a mistake. Plus you pick your dress ahead of time. It might not be a harem wedding but letting them each experience it or sat goodbyes. Who knows? But the author is building up this unusual ending.

I didn't see it that way at all but I guess we will find out soon as the Manga only had around 20 chapters left.
Mar 29, 2019 3:33 AM

Jun 2017
I was as surprised as Itsuki when she turned on the light only to find out that all of them were also in there, lol. Please let the Bride be Miku and please let there be a Season 2. Raiha also looks really good in the part where Fuutarou was getting married.
Overall the series was very nice! It was very enjoyable despite some setbacks in the animation.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 29, 2019 3:55 AM
Jan 2011
The bride was obviously Miku but there is probably more to it.
Mar 29, 2019 4:17 AM

Feb 2017
i can't stop being awkward and smirking

such a whole different experience watching the anime vs manga

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 29, 2019 4:43 AM
Jan 2018
So why wasn't Mikus mouth moving when she was talking at the start.

And why is the family doomed to be in debt

Anyways I most likely find out that 2nd question when I read the manga which I have been holding off for a while .

Overall I liked the series alot and look forward to reading the rest the only downside is that the studio didn't put enough attention to the series and most likely used their best staff for dororo alongside mappa.

7/10 for the series .
Mattinator95Mar 29, 2019 5:17 AM
Mar 29, 2019 4:44 AM

May 2010
quick question? can i watch this episode with getting spoiled when im only at chapter 43 in manga???
Mar 29, 2019 5:13 AM
Mar 2017
Guys i have an idea how this harem ending will be here is what im thinking
The bride in the end might be one of the sisters yet the other sisters probably still at changing room and maybe they're waiting for their turns to entered the groom hall i think that might the harem end that will be happened.
Mar 29, 2019 5:21 AM

Dec 2018
This is the most wholesome harem in existence, starting from here everyone is going to start competing.

Pretty sure we will get a season 2, I heard from somewhere that the BD and DVD sales are sky rocketing.
Mar 29, 2019 5:27 AM

Feb 2015
Graymanes said:
Guys i have an idea how this harem ending will be here is what im thinking
The bride in the end might be one of the sisters yet the other sisters probably still at changing room and maybe they're waiting for their turns to entered the groom hall i think that might the harem end that will be happened.

Your really reaching with that one. I'd be very disappointed if it went that route
Mar 29, 2019 6:11 AM

Dec 2013
Man, I don't care what anyone says. Miku won this round of best girl hands down. But I'm surprised at how much I got into this series even though it's a harem and the animation wasn't that great.
Mar 29, 2019 6:15 AM
Jan 2018
So some points about the marriage ceremony shown at the end.
P.S: I haven't read the manga
->The episode is named Legend of Fate Day 2000, it probably means that the ceremony takes place 2000 days after the current events, almost 5 years and 6 months
->Futaro was wearing the Bracelet he got from his sister, which Nino got from him while he was in disguise and later gave it back to him, this bracelet was foreshadowed a lot in the last minutes, so that thing increases Nino's probability as the bride a lot more than the others. It maybe possible that Nino is the picture girl too, because she said that the guy in the picture is his type
->Altough that guy Maeda in the ceremony also implied that they (Futaro and the Bride) held hands during the campfire. Although all of them held hands with Futaro, but Maeda knew that Futaro held hands with Ichika, and he wasn't surprised at who the bride was because he knew that Ichika and Futaro were dating.
Considering the two above points, I'd say, either Nino or Ichika is the bride
Mar 29, 2019 6:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I highkey wish that some supernatural force comes and combine all the sisters into one lol, it's super fucking hard to just pick one lol

Either way, I had a blast watching this anime and I'm DEFINITELY gonna pick up the manga after this (If a second season isn't announced soon)

8/10
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» New original movie and light novel announcements

Gui_silva23 - 4 hours ago

12 by SixPathsKage »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

120 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

129 by FortHell0 »»
Apr 26, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.